Cloud DevOps Architect
· Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross- functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others; mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
· Ensure appropriate translation of business requirements and functional specifications into physical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts and other team members to understand business needs and functional specifications.
· Build use cases/scenarios and reference architectures to enable rapid adoption of cloud services
in Product’s cloud journey.
· Provide insight into recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs.
· Experience or familiarity with Firewall/NGFW deployed in a variety of form factors (Checkpoint, Imperva, Palo Alto, Azure Firewall).
· Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals to enable them to be cloud advocates.
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure engineering success when building new and migrating existing applications, software. and services to AWS and GCP.
· Conduct deep-dive hands-on education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to DevOps and engineering teams considering or already using public cloud services.
· Be a cloud (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform) and DevOps evangelist and advise the stakeholders on cloud readiness, workload identification, migration and identifying the right multi cloud mix to effectively accomplish business objectives.
· Understands engineering requirements and architect scalable solutions adopting DevOps and leveraging advanced technologies such as AWS CodePipelines, AWS Code-Commit, ECS containers, API Gateway, CloudFormation Templates, AWS Kinesis, Splunk, Dome9, AWS-SQS, AWS-SNS, SonarCube, Microservices, and Kubernetes to realize stronger benefits and future proof outcomes for customer-facing applications.
· Build use cases/scenarios and reference architectures to enable rapid adoption of cloud services in product’s cloud journey.
· Be an integral part of the technology and architecture community in the public cloud partners (AWS, GCP, Azure) and bring in new services launched by cloud providers into 8K Miles Product Platform scope.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the DevOps and Cloud community.
· Act as a technical liaison between product management, service engineering, and support teams.
o Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering with 12+ years’ experience in information technology (networking, infrastructure, database).
o Strong and recent exposure to AWS/GCP/Azure Cloud platforms and designing hybrid multi cloud solutions. Preferred to be Certified AWS Architect professional or similar
· Working knowledge of UNIX shell scripting.
· Strong hands-on programming experience in Python
· Working knowledge of data visualization tools – Tableau.
· Experience working in cloud environment — AWS.
· Experience working with modern tools in the Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
· Version Control Systems (Ex. Git, Github, Stash/Bitbucket), Knowledge Management (Ex. Confluence, Google Docs), Development Workflow (Ex. Jira), Continuous Integration (Ex. Bamboo), Real Time Collaboration (Ex. Hipchat, Slack).
Are you a good fit?
If you can integrate or learn to integrate Prometheus monitoring for services that run inside pods on Kubernetes, you are the person we are looking for.
If you don't know any of these terms, our apologies, this is not the job for you.
- Should be able to understand deployment process of client and propose best implementation options for HyperTest.
- Should know or quickly learn all there is to linux administration.
- Should be able to troubleshoot infrastructure, installation problems.
- Should have good expertise in dealing with popular reverse proxies/load balancers like nginx, ha-proxy, IIS, apache, envoy, etc.
- Should have good expertise in working with docker and containers in general.
- Experience with kubernetes would be a huge plus.
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there.
- Not Particular about shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience.
- Very hands-on, does not seek direction constantly neither needs continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks.
- Not looking to work in very large teams.
- First-hand opportunity to learn ML and Data science (CTO is MS in AI/ML from Georgia Tech) and apply to real-life engineering problems that HyperTest solves
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company in a $50bn market. Opportunity to be a early employee and a future technical leader
- Handsome pay according to industry norms
Candidates who will not be a good fit
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there
- Particular about not shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience
- Not very hands-on, seek direction constantly and need continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks
- Looking to work in very large teams
P.S. If selected for interview probable assignment:
Setup Prometheus on a kubernetes cluster for a deployment. (deployment yaml files would be provided to you)
- Collaborate with Dev, QA and Data Science teams on environment maintenance, monitoring (ELK, Prometheus or equivalent), deployments and diagnostics
- Administer a hybrid datacenter, including AWS and EC2 cloud assets
- Administer, automate and troubleshoot container based solutions deployed on AWS ECS
- Be able to troubleshoot problems and provide feedback to engineering on issues
- Automate deployment (Ansible, Python), build (Git, Maven. Make, or equivalent) and integration (Jenkins, Nexus) processes
- Learn and administer technologies such as ELK, Hadoop etc.
- A self-starter and enthusiasm to learn and pick up new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
Need to have
- Hands-on Experience in Cloud based DevOps
- Experience working in AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFront, ECR, ECS etc)
- Experience with any programming language.
- Experience using Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Experience in Python.
- Should be very comfortable working in Linux/Unix environment.
- Exposure to Shell Scripting.
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Develop and Deploy Software:
- Architect and create an effective build and release process using industry best practices and tools
- Create and manage build scripts to deploy software in a multi-cloud environment
- Look for opportunities to automate as much of the deployment process as possible to provide for repeatability, auditability, scalability and build in process enforcement
- Manage Release Schedule:
- Act as a “gate keeper” for all releases into production
- Work closely with business stakeholders, development managers and developers to prepare a release schedule
- Help prioritize deployment requests for version upgrades, patches and hot-fixes
- Continuous Delivery of Software:
- Implement Continuous Integration (CI) practices to drive development teams to implement smaller changes and commit code to the version control repo frequently
- Implement Continuous Development (CD) practices that automates deployment of the application to several environments – Dev, Test and Production
- Implement Continuous Testing (functional and non-functional) to execute tests in the CI/CD pipeline
- Manage Version Control:
- Define and implement branching policies to efficiently manage source-code
- Implement business rules as a part of source control standards
- Resolve Software Issues:
- Assist technical support and development teams to troubleshoot issues and identify areas that need improvement
- Address deployment related issues
- Maintain Release Documentation:
- Maintain release notes (features available in stable versions and known issues) and other documents for both internal and external end users
Senior Team Lead, Software Engineering (96386)
Role: Senior Team Lead
Skills: Has to be an expert in these -
- People Management Skills.
Will be a plus if knowledge on -
Location: Bangalore India – North Gate.
Only 10% of India speaks English and 90% speak over 25 languages and 1000s of dialects. The internet has largely been in English. A good part of India is now getting internet connectivity thanks to cheap smartphones and Jio. The non-English speaking internet users will balloon to about 600 million users out of the total 750 million internet users in India by 2020. This will make the vernacular segment one of the largest segments in the world - almost 2x the size of the US population. The vernacular segment has very few products that they can use on the internet.
One large human need is that of sharing thoughts and connecting with people of the same community on the basis of language and common interests. Twitter serves this need globally but the experience is mostly in English. There’s a large unaddressed need for these vernacular users to express themselves in their mother tongue and connect with others from their community. Koo is a solution to this problem.
Koo was founded in March 2020, as a micro-blogging platform in both Indian languages and English, which gives a voice to the millions of Indians who communicate in Indian languages.
Currently available in Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu, Koo enables people from across India to express themselves online in their mother tongues. In a country where under 10% of the population speaks English as a native language, Koo meets the need for a social media platform that can deliver an immersive language experience to an Indian user, thereby enabling them to connect and interact with each other. The recently introduced ‘Talk to Type’ enables users to leverage the voice assistant to share their thoughts without having to type. In August 2021, Koo crossed 10 million downloads, in just 16 months of launch.
Since June 2021, Koo is available in Nigeria.
Koo is founded by veteran internet entrepreneurs - Aprameya Radhakrishna (CEO, Taxiforsure) and Mayank Bidawatka (Co-founder, Goodbox & Coreteam, redBus).
Technology Team & Culture
The technology team comprises sharp coders, technology geeks and guys who have been entrepreneurs or are entrepreneurial and extremely passionate towards technology. Talent is coming from the likes of Google, Walmart, Redbus, Dailyhunt. Anyone being part of a technology team will have a lot to learn from their peers and mentors. Download our android app and take a look at what we’ve built. Technology stack compromises of a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies like Kotlin, Java 15, Reactive Programming, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kubernetes, AWS, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS, Redis, Aerospike, ML, Deep learning etc. We believe in giving a lot of independence and autonomy to ownership-driven individuals.
Technology skill sets required for a matching profile
- Experience between 3 to 7 years in a devops role with mandatory one or more stints at a fast paced startup.
- Mandatory experience with containers, kubernetes (EKS) (setting up from scratch), istio and microservices.
- Sound knowledge of technologies like Terraform, Automation Scripts, Cron jobs etc. Must have worked with goals of putting infra as code like setting up new environments with code.
- Knowledge of industry standards around monitoring, alerting, self healing, high availability, auto scaling etc.
- Exhaustive experience with various cloud technologies (especially on AWS) like SQS, SNS, Elastic Search, Elastic Cache, Elastic Transcoder, VPC, Subnets, Security groups etc.
- Must have set up stable CI-CD pipelines with capabilities to do zero downtime deployments on any one of rolling updates, blue green or canary modes.
- Experience with VPN and LDAP solutions for securely login to infrastructure and proving SSO. 8. Master of deploying and troubleshooting all layers of application from network, frontend, backend and databases (MongoDB, Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, Aerospike etc).
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Navi, you will be building a resilient infrastructure platform, using modern Infrastructure engineering practices.
You will be responsible for the availability, scaling, security, performance and monitoring of the navi Cloud platform. You’ll be joining a team that follows best practices in infrastructure as code
Your Key Responsibilities
- Build out the Infrastructure components like API Gateway, Service Mesh, Service Discovery, container orchestration platform like kubernetes.
- Developing reusable Infrastructure code and testing frameworks
- Build meaningful abstractions to hide the complexities of provisioning modern infrastructure components
- Design a scalable Centralized Logging and Metrics platform
- Drive solutions to reduce Mean Time To Recovery(MTTR), enable High Availability.
What to Bring
- Good to have experience in managing large scale cloud infrastructure, preferable AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience in developing applications using programming languages like Java, Python and Go
- Experience in handling logs and metrics at a high scale.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Founded by two MDI alumnus, it is a student centric and personalised learning platform that delivers enjoyable learning content as per the state boards. This ed-tech provides a solution which is easy to use, lets students enjoy learning, makes life easy for a teacher and delivers learning in the language that students are most comfortable. The organisation has worked in 14 states across India and awarded Google India under "Impacting Change through Digital".
- Taking ownership of the current web based reporting backends of our current solutions/ apps and developing/ stabilizing/ scaling them further as per product plans
- Ensuring development and ongoing growth of a web based content management engine as the central node of our apps and tablet based learning products.
- Licensing, Encryption, Reporting & Analytics for all our products have to be integrated into a single user and licensing management backend.
Desired Candidate Profile
What you need to have:
- Deep and Practical experience with Node. JS (primary work component), Firebase, AWS/ Heroku, SQL/ NoSQL Databases with Server side integration.
- 2-3 years of deep hands-on experience with web based solutions, backend development and web development in the above mentioned tech.
- Should have worked on a web based backend in Node.JS for preferably an android app based solution which had scaled to a large number of users.
- Developed, managed and scaled usage/ analytics and reporting of end user based solutions.
- Should have developed and managed APIs.
- Should have practical experience of integrating and managing online payment systems.
- Built and managed online learning platforms with login, video security, online payment and reports.
What is the role?
As DevOps Engineer, you are responsible to setup and maintain GIT repository, DevOps tools like Jenkins, UCD, Docker, Kubernetes, Jfrog Artifactory, Cloud monitoring tools, Cloud security.
- Setup, configure, and maintain GIT repos, Jenkins, UCD, etc. for multi hosting cloud environments.
- Architect and maintain the server infrastructure in AWS. Build highly resilient infrastructure following industry best practices.
- Working on Docker images and maintaining Kubernetes clusters.
- Develop and maintain the automation scripts using Ansible or other available tools.
- Maintain and monitor cloud Kubernetes Clusters and patching when necessary.
- Working on Cloud security tools to keep applications secured.
- Participate in software development lifecycle, specifically infra design, execution, and debugging required to achieve successful implementation of integrated solutions within the portfolio.
- Required Technical and Professional Expertise.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in IT industry.
- Expertise in implementing and managing Devops CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in DevOps automation tools. And Very well versed with DevOps Frameworks, Agile.
- Working knowledge of scripting using shell, Python, Terraform, Ansible or puppet or chef.
- Experience and good understanding in any of Cloud like AWS, Azure, Google cloud.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes is required.
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills with proven abilities in resolving complex technical issues.
- Experience with working with ticketing tools.
- Middleware technologies knowledge or database knowledge is desirable.
- Experience and well versed with Jira tool is a plus.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment will enable you to juggle between concepts yet maintain the quality of content, interact, share your ideas, and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls, and Compass. Xoxoday works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients engage and motivate their employees, sales teams, channel partners, or consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. However, we assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status.