Jobs at Ally
From the very beginning, Ally has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible
Ally is a B2B SaaS startup. We enable teams to focus, align and achieve goals, with strong employee engagement. Our OKR solution is ridiculously easy to use and scalable to startups and larger teams.
We believe in being where the work happens. Ally is well integrated with the tools and products that we already use in our daily workflows. Further, you can access it from the web and mobile. Ally’s Insights identifies problems and helps the team make the necessary changes to achieve the goals on time.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Ally Engineering Team in Chennai, India.
What does a lead software engineer do at Ally?
As a lead software engineer, you will be the technical lead for a team that focuses on building software applications that scale well. You will play a significant role in shaping our software architecture that provides measurable customer value. You understand both technology and business to know the right tradeoffs to make. You will be a technical mentor for your team members. You will work closely with your peers, managers, product, design and operations teams to create solutions that meet business requirements. You will drive engineering and operational excellence across Ally. You will collaborate with other engineers to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices.
- 7+ years of professional software engineering experience building customer-facing web and/or mobile applications
- Strong coding skills using Ruby, Java, C/C++, Scala (or equivalent programming language)
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with large-scale SaaS applications
- Experience building web and mobile applications
- Experience designing services on top of cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure, etc
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Prior experience as a technical lead
- Ownership and autonomy to drive customer and culture initiatives
- Centrally located in the city; right next to Metro station
- Opportunity to get mentored and mentor junior engineers
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical insurance