Magic Crate (www.magiccrate.in) is a VC funded start-up founded by alumni from IIT, IIM and Georgia Tech that is backed by Industry veterans. It designs, develops and delivers boxes/crates to people’s home every month on a subscription basis. The boxes contain high quality material and instructions for hands on fun activities that children in the age group of 3-8 years can do with their parents.
TECH LEAD ROLE:
• Provide direction for all things technology at Magic Crate
• Manage development of products of exceptional quality, within schedule and budget
• Oversee engineering department to attain maximum efficiency
• Deploy technology to achieve and surpass business goals
• Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
• Develop new functionality for our e-commerce website using Magento, PHP, MySQL.
• Integrate with third-party applications for shipping, inventory etc.
• Troubleshoot issues for scaling of the technology, including server, database, network etc.
• Manage front-end development using HTML & CSS.
• Ability to manage simple network architecture, database backups, fault tolerance etc.,
• Work closely with Operations & Customer Service departments to identify problems & resolve them on a periodic basis.
• Graduate or Post graduate degree in Computer Science
• Proven skills in building and leading a team that delivers high quality software
• Expert knowledge of AWS hosting and related server side technologies
• Demonstrated ability in architecting and building native mobile apps or web apps that scale
• Experience coding on Android / iOS would be desirable
• Ability to master any technology on demand
• Command over various software development methodologies
About Magic Crate
Activity Subscription Boxes for Kids (2.5 - 8 Yrs) includes DIY learning, fun activity kits, creative arts & crafts, problem solving, and much more.