As an SDE - III/IV (Backend), you will solve real-life complex problems and create compelling experiences for our users. In this role, you will ensure that the solutions and processes that we create are of the highest quality. And in doing so, you will champion a seamless app experience for all our users.
If you are confident about solving hard, interesting and UNIQUE problems, and creating an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, then you might just be our next SDE - III (Backend).
What will you do
- Collaborate with teams to develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our service.
- Create prototypes and proofs-of-concept for iterative development.
- Stay updated with emerging tech cultures and implement them in production systems.
- Develop scalable, long-term strategies to aid the company’s 10X growth.
- Ensure content quality and consistency of the brand.
- Reduce technical debt with quality coding
What you will need
- BTech degree in computer science or related field.
- 4-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of any of the databases like MySQL, NoSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in Java and web technologies.
- Experience in scripting languages like Python, PHP, etc.
- Hands-on experience with systems that are asynchronous, RESTful and demand concurrency.
- Knowledge of best software engineering practices for all stages of software development life cycle
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About Leading Ecommerce Company
For a Customer Data Platform-led personalization and
real-time marketing automation solution
● Design and Develop large scale sub-systems
● To periodically explore latest technologies (esp Open Source) and prototype sub-systems
● Be a part of the team that develops the next-gen Targeting platform
● Build components to make the customer data platform more efficient and scalable
● 1-3 years of relevant experience with Java, Algorithms, Data Structures, & Optimizations in
addition to Coding.
● Education: B.E/B-Tech/M-Tech/M.S in Computer Science or IT from premier institutes
● Good Aptitude/Analytical skills (emphasis will be on Algorithms, Data Structures,&
Optimizations in addition to Coding)
● Good knowledge of Databases - SQL, NoSQL
● Knowledge of Unit Testing a plus
● Has an appreciation of technology and its ability to create value in the marketing domain
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Active & contributing team member
● Strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to meet and exceed commitments
● Others: Experience of having worked in a start-up is a plus
2. Spring boot/ Spring or any variations of Spring
4. Mentions of, distributed systems, scalable systems
5. Mentions of ElasticSearch, Kafka or Redis
6. NoSQL databases like Cassandra/DynamoDB/MongoDB/Hbase etc
7. Mentions of Handling scale/scalable systems
9. Mentions of AWS or Amazon web services.
Description: Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application
From booking a taxi to shopping to even finding a life-partner, technology today is
playing a role which is indistinguishable from magic. However, we are still stuck to
old means of teaching, operations and collaboration in education institutions which
directly impacts student experience as well as learning outcomes. We are
changing this. We are a platform, a philosophy, and a mission.
We are looking for great technologists to join the engineering team of our core
product which will be used by millions of students. Do you see delightful user
experiences and robust back-end engineering as two faces of the same coin? Do
you persevere to relentlessly improve your code till you are intrinsically satisfied? Do
you feel like an engineer and an artist when you deliver a final product? If yes, keep
We are a data-driven software product company with a strong focus on delightful
design. While you put your experience and knowledge into practice, you can expect
yourself unlearning and learning new things every day. You will be part of a strong,
passionate, and high-velocity team of engineers that regularly launches big features
that make a significant impact to our offering.
You will be an important member of engineering team reporting to the founding team
with following responsibilities:
Design, architect and deliver our core product modules
Continuously improve and refactor the code-base
Measure and improve application performance, security and stability
Promote innovation, new technologies, and best practices
Review code of reporting engineers and continuously mentor them
4+ years of software development experience with strong concentration in
enterprise SaaS based technologies.
Required Technical Qualifications
Strong design and coding skills in Enterprise Java, REST web services and
Deep knowledge of relational databases.
Deep knowledge of Test-driven Development (TDD) and Continuous
Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD)
Experience with AWS Cloud Computing Services or others.
Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Ability to work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision.
- 2.5+ year of experience in Development in JAVA technology.
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Experience in AWS.
- Hands on experience on Relationl Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka)
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem solving
Good to Have Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE tech stacks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
Location Kolkata-On site & Remote
Hands on design and in depth development experience in Microsoft NET
· technologies including C#, ASP NET MVC, Web API, Entity Framework and LINQ
· knowledge of MS SQL Server 2014 above
· Experience with version control systems GIT
· Experience creating and consuming web services including REST JSON
· Skills (Technical / Specialist Skills)
· Proficiency in .NET Development with .NET Framework 4.5 or later, Asp.net MVC,
· C#, Web API, LINQ, Entity Framework, SQL Server 2014 or above, jQuery.
XpressBees– a logistics company started in 2015 – is amongst the fastest growing companies of its
sector. While we started off rather humbly in the space of ecommerce B2C logistics, the last 5 years
have seen us steadily progress towards expanding our presence. Our vision to evolve into a strong full-
service logistics organization reflects itself in our new lines of business like 3PL, B2B Xpress and cross
Our strong domain expertise and constant focus on meaningful innovation have helped us rapidly evolve
as the most trusted logistics partner of India. We have progressively carved our way towards best-in-
class technology platforms, an extensive network reach, and a seamless last mile management system.
While on this aggressive growth path, we seek to become the one-stop-shop for end-to-end logistics
solutions. Our big focus areas for the very near future include strengthening our presence as service
providers of choice and leveraging the power of technology to improve efficiencies for our clients.
XB is looking for driven & talented engineers to build highly scalable, reliable and performant cloud-
based platforms to drive the logistics business. You will have opportunities to make a big impact at XB
on the software solutions being built for Logistics businesses. We build a variety of technology products
that span multiple businesses.
The challenges that SDEs at XB solve are big (handle 50 Lakh shipments per day!) and influence the E-
Commerce business in India in coming years. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about
creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the fast pace
of the company. The challenges span areas like highly scalable and reliable orchestration
platforms, Client Integration API frameworks, Billing Solutions, Workforce Engagement. Further you may
solve complex optimization problems like Vehicle routing, Allocation, Network Optimization etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for working with cross functional teams to deep dive into the
business and technology problems related to our portfolio of products, understanding the
gaps that exist in our current tools, and work within our team and with partner teams to
design best in class solutions.
You will have the opportunity to influence, invent, and design system architecture
across multiple product and technology spaces.
You will lead and mentor other talented engineers. You will be responsible for building
the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind.
You will interact with Product Managers and Designers and convert their vision into
a technical solution.
You will own portions of software deliverables including major critical path code from
your designs while finding opportunities to grow and mentor the team around you.
You will collaborate with other engineering leads and guide the team on software
development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build.
You will own the end-to-end design of major deliverables, working closely with a team
of SDEs and Front-End Engineers to execute them. This is a high visibility and fast-paced
environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the
bottom line of the company.
You should have a commanding understanding of object-oriented design, data
structures and algorithms which you use to mentor a team of engineers. You should have
experience with agile methodologies, experience building scalable services and robust user
interfaces. We make extensive use of AWS Services (API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, etc.) and
react, backbone, and node.js) would be a plus.
Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for
scalability, performance, and reliability.
Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural
vision and software quality.
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior
management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs,
and product strategy.
Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been
successfully delivered to customers.
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full
software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control
management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
Deep understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and
Experience building large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered,
Design and architecture expertise as well as familiarity with object-oriented analysis and
design patterns (OOA/OOD).
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
Experience in full cycle implementation of software development projects using .NET 4.0 and above, C#, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, MVC / .Net Core
Experience in developing of Web API and RESTful web services. Experienced with client-side programming HTML, CSS, AJAX.
Experience with Entity frameworks and Dappers Programming skills on SQL Server with strong database design.
Desired Candidate Profile
1+ years of software development experience .Net Development, C#, ASP.Net MVC
Dot Net core expertise is a must
Strong working knowledge of .NET MVC LATEST VERSION
Strong working knowledge of ENTITY FRAMEWORK
Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills for coordinating across teams
Deep experience and expertise with designing, implementing, testing and deploying sophisticated .Net applications
Keenness to learn and master new technologies and techniques
Excellent software development skills with very sound logic
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In today’s highly competitive private equity market, firms must not only deliver superior returns, but also respond to more stringent reporting requirements and increasing demands for information – both from within and outside their organization. Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organizations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow.
What you will be doing
This position would be part of CORE product development team to work on:
- Development of new modules & functionality.
- Fixing of the production bugs for existing clients.
- Contribute in team meetings to provide suggestions or raise concerns where necessary
- Participate actively in Agile SCRUM & play the role that SCRUM team demands
- Participate in technology discussions to perform POC’s & help in scaling the application
- Provide technical guidance to other team members.
What you bring:
Knowledge / Experience
- 3-5 Years of hands-on experience on Java with knowledge of Garbage Collector, JMS, Event Based programming, Collections, Java Streams, Spring Dependency Injection Framework.
- Experience in Angular 2+.
- Experience working with Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Working knowledge on application Servers (WildFly)
- Strong experience in REST Web Services.
- Good knowledge in writing DB queries (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment and proven knowledge of scripting languages
- Exposure to MQ / AMQ messaging system.
- Sound knowledge of Design Patterns
- Desired to have knowledge of JMX
- Agile – SCRUM or XP or TDD methodology preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset - work autonomously and as part of a global team
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the https://www.fisglobal.com/-/media/fisglobal/files/policies/privacy/online-privacy-notice/english.pdf?la=en">FIS Online Privacy Notice.