React JS Developer
Exp - 5+ years
Location: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai
Commutatus partners with ambitious entrepreneurs, startups, and corporates in various industries to conceptualize, design, and build digital products. We are the team that companies likehttps://aiesec.org/" target="_blank"> AIESEC, https://www.mycaptain.in/" target="_blank">MyCaptain, https://www.nadim.org//" target="_blank">NADIM, and https://commutatus.com/clients" target="_blank">others hire to get things done.
Over the past years, we’ve gained substantial experience not just in building platforms, but also in doing it the right way. The platforms that we build now are both super malleable, and easy to scale. Our vision at Commutatus is, To bring tomorrow closer to today, and we aspire to achieve that more than one client at a time.
We’ve recorded a video for you to get a quick overview of who we are and what we’re trying to achieve with this role. https://app.weet.co/play/bda7ef11/engineering-intro-video" target="_blank">Watch it!
What you would do at Commutatus
You’ll primarily work in a squad of 6 - 8 people comprising Designers, Frontend Engineers, Backend Engineers, and a Project Manager. Your responsibilities will include -
- Research and feasibility checks: Assist in the ideation of features by providing inputs based on research or your experience. You’ll frequently advise the team on the feasibility of ideas, and provide alternate routes to meet the objective of the feature.
- Planning and estimation: You will assist the squad in planning and estimating features to ensure that they roll out on time, and function as expected. You’ll also review estimations submitted by junior developers to ensure that they’ve taken everything into consideration and their development plans are the best way to implement features.
- Software development: Develop frontend solutions for new features, improvements or bugs that are planned for platforms that Commutatus manages. You will be assigned to review code written by junior developers, and it is your responsibility to ensure they are on the right track!
- Continuous improvement: Play an active role in team retrospective events by flagging problems and frustrations in the team, and offering solutions.
- Audits: You’ll conduct audits of platforms in terms of code quality, security, and scalability, and make them flawless.
- Make us faster: As an agency, speed is always of the essence. We’ve found that building abstract solutions, and integrating them with different projects is a great way to scale and multiply our impact.
- Make us better: We’re always keen on bettering our expertise, and processes. You’ll frequently initiate, lead, and execute projects to this regard.
- Mentoring junior developers: You may be expected to mentor junior developers by helping them troubleshoot, and sharpening their technical skills to make them awesome!
What you need to have
We are not big on credentials. A computer science degree, or graduating from a prestigious university is not something we spend much time looking at. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not how you got there.
- You are open to working remotely.
- You have exceptional communication skills.
- You are resourceful - we don’t expect you to have all the answers right away, but we want you to research, and learn on the go to get the job done right.
- You can identify problems around you, and independently propose solutions to these problems. We love independent problem-solvers and encourage all our employees to suggest changes to streamline our processes. .
- You are organised and structured. If your PRs are well structured, have great descriptions, and your JIRA tickets are always on the right status, we want you!
Skills and experiences we’d like to see
- You’ve built scalable digital platforms before that have been deployed to production environments.
- You have a strong understanding of state management systems such as Redux or Apollo.
- You have a sound understanding of deploying apps to staging, or production via automated tools such as Github Actions or Travis.
- You’ve implemented development processes, and standard improvements that have a significant impact on developer productivity, and software engineering standards.
- You’ve mentored developers to not only achieve higher productivity but also in deriving joy from what they do..
- You are able to can manage switch contexts efficiently. We acknowledge that this is not ideal, but Commutatus has does have a relatively small team, and sometimes you might advise or work on different projects multiple times during the day..
- You are a stickler for great code, and consistently push the standards of the company. Things might not happen right away due to project and timeline constraints, but we’d expect you to be a significant contributor to all technical debt backlogs.
What we can give you
- Performance and compensation reviews at least twice a year.
- The freedom to learn and grow in the company.
- A supportive team who’ll help you when you are stuck!
- A learning path, feedback, and resources to take you to the next step in your technical career! We even sponsor certifications, and tickets to select tech events!
- A safe space to explore your varied interests.
- A platform to explore and understand different domains.
- An invested interest in your well-being.. All our employees benefit from a generous health insurance, and unlimited sick leaves.
- The space for you to have a healthy work-life balance.
- Transparency in the company’s performance and financial status.
- Weekly company-wide engagement activities to wind down at the end of the week.
- A platform where your opinions, and experiences can help shape the company’s technological direction.
These preliminary questions will let you know if you fit our requirements.
- Do you love freedom, and flexibility in your work?
- Do you seek out opportunities, and learn something new each day?
- Are you a great communicator?
- Do you make an effort to ensure quality on everything you ship out, such that you are proud to have your stamp on it?
- Do your habits, and experiences lend to you forming well-rounded opinions on programming paradigms and technological decisions?
If you align with everything we have said, we are interested!
Who we are? Commutatus is an agency that partners with ambitious entrepreneurs, startups and corporates in all industries to conceptualise, design and build digital products. We’re the team that companies like AIESEC, MyCaptain, NADIM and https://commutatus.com/clients" target="_blank">others hire to get their platforms to the moon and back.
Why is this role important to us? Well, life is at its fullest when we work with great people! As the scale of problems Commutatus deals with increases, our bar for solutions implemented gets higher. For this, we need the best people working with us. By best, we mean people who are not just smart, passionate and solution-oriented but are great to work with.
What are the goals of this role? This job role hinges on two goals that we have for our react developer 1. Develop great digital products for our clients that help them achieve their business goals. 2. Improve technical standards at Commutatus and create templates, modules for us to do things faster and better.
Examples of things you could do to get to our goals With these goals in mind, you could 1. Participate in weekly/bi-weekly sprints for the projects to understand requirements and plan the project 2. Give suggestions and solutions, keeping the partners business goal in mind to improve the platform/product that you are working on 3. Writing clean, concise, scalable and reusable code 4. Designing architecture for new projects and improving older ones.
But wait, we want to focus on getting to the bottom of problems and not just paving over them so you might also find yourself 1. Contributing to our knowledge repository - Awesome 2. Work on side projects to experiment with new technology stacks or internal projects to improve processes inside the company.
We understand that to get to the goal, some of our processes might have to change and we welcome change.
What we can give you 1. We’re going to listen to your ideas and help take some forward! 2. Opportunity to work on multiple amazing projects which are challenging and will help in skilling up; 3. We’ll evaluate your performance and compensation at least twice a year. 4. We’ll be transparent about company performance and give you a space to voice your thoughts and opinions frequently. 5. Appreciate you for a job well done. 6. A people-centric, remote working environment
What do you need to have We're not big on credentials. An M.Tech or graduating from a prestigious university is not something we spend much time looking at. We care about what you can do and how you do it, not about how you got here.
What kind of projects will I get to work on at Commutatus? We are domain agnostic. We have projects in edu-tech, e-commerce, logistics, furniture manufacturing and many more. We not only help in developing MVPs but also scaling them. You’ll mostly be working with a few of our https://commutatus.com/clients" target="_blank">clients.
Is this a remote job? Yes, we are indefinitely remote.
Who am I going to be working with? We’re a small team, around 35 people. You’ll mostly be working in a team of 4-6 developers. On projects, you’ll work closely in a cross-skilled team of backend developers, project managers and designers.
MERN Developer (Reactjs)
|| Work from ANYWHERE! ||
We have immediate opening for ReactJs Developer
- Front end web-development experience, Expert with HTML, Bootstrap & CSS
- Knowledge of Tailwindcss, other CSS framework
- Familiar with using APIs to consume and interact with data, specifically RESTful APIs that take and return JSON
- Must have worked in Agile Development along with Test-Driven Development.
- Familiar with JASON and XML.
- Good hike on current CTC
- Referral bonus
- 5 days work a week
- Friendly Environments AND Supportive staff
- Festival Celebrations
- Work from anywhere
- Working with the latest technologies.
- Salary is no bar for the right candidate!
- Flexible timing as per project requirement!
- Performance Bonus
References are appreciated.
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain.
- Have a good understanding of design and user experience principles.
- Open-minded, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team and learn from colleagues
- High adaptability in a dynamic start-up environment
- Ensuring technologies are used efficiently, profitably, and securely. Evaluating and implementing new systems and infrastructure.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues.
- B. Tech/B.E/MTech or a related technical discipline from reputed universities
Skills Required :
- Minimum 1+ years experience in Front-End Development using ReactJS Framework
- Experience in consuming Restful Web services
- Should be adept at converting PSD to HTML
- Should know UI/UX
- Excellent development skills on best practices for cross-browser compatibility and Responsive UI.
- Good with agile development practices such as continuous integration and deployment
- Knowledge of Version Control System
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Knowledge of MVVM Architecture
- Cares deeply about writing Quality, Testable & Modular code
- Work on a day-to-day basis to deliver software to solve real world problems.
- Participate in the design of new features.
- Work with Product Managers to come up with technical solutions.
- Improvise and analyse current code base to come up with improvements.
- 3+ Years of Frontend Development Experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on ReactJS experience.
- Strong skills in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience working in fast paced environments cutting across diverse tech-stacks.
- Passionate about Web Development.
- Experience in modern web app development.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Worked with data intensive UI.
- Have worked with early stage startups.
- Have experience with GraphQL.
Amaha is a tech-enabled mental health platform that supports people with their mental health needs. The firm is run by a team of mental health, technology, and wellness professionals. We are passionate about changing the lives of millions of people who will benefit from psychological support in all aspects of their lives.
With our self-care app, we aim to make psychological wellness more accessible and less stigmatising. We have reached over 3 Million people across 100 cities, with engagement from both India and abroad. We believe in combining the latest evidence-based interventions and ideas in the field of emotional health with cutting-edge technology and product design to build a stellar user experience. In addition to our B2C product, we have additional touchpoints with our 150+ therapists network across India for therapy sessions and a whole programme designed for corporate partners.
Our co-founders, Dr. Amit Malik and Neha Kirpal bring the clinical, provider, and user perspectives on mental and emotional health to Amaha, along with successful entrepreneurial experience both in India and abroad. Our core team comprises alumni from IIT, IIM, Wharton, St. Xavier’s, London Business School, and other top schools across the world, with significant experience in developing and delivering emotional wellness products to individual users, corporates, and insurance companies.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting it to the back-end
- Collaborate with other team members.
Skills And Qualifications :
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Flexbox.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX framework.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Github
The role is full-time and based in Mumbai.
Your duties will include taking part in daily scrums, writing and developing modules for existing Vue applications, integrating Vue into existing projects, writing code and tests for code, taking part in code review sessions, and using version control software to push and pull code for testing and deployment.
Below are some of the responsibilities a Vue.js developer is expected to assume in their position:
- Write performant code using core Vue, Vuex, and Vue Router to create websites and web applications
- Create tests for code written by yourself and other web developers, full-stack developers, and software engineers
- Integrate Vue into legacy projects
- Diagnose and fix bugs and other software defects in new and existing Vue applications
- Run code optimization tools and analyzers to spot and refactor inefficiencies to create highly performant code
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
Below are the qualifications expected of a Vue.js developer:
- Bachelor’s degree or several years of experience in enterprise products, computer science, or other related fields
- Good knowledge of the Vue.js framework and related components such as Vuex and Vue Router
- The ability to work as part of a team, taking ownership of individual components and following coding guidelines to create performant components that fit into more-comprehensive projects
- Experience with integrating and maintaining external software libraries and APIs using a command-line interface and package managers
Locofast Online Services Private Limited operates under the brand name - Locofast- & today is one of the fastest growing B2B companies in the textiles B2B space. The company connects textile manufacturers (mills, manufacturers) to customers (brands, buying houses) both in India &
internationally. It integrates technology to the core transaction flow & delivers industry best pricing & turnaround time for textile products. The century old textile industry has been untouched by any disruption leave alone technological disruption. At Locofast, we are driven to do exactly that & today have an opportunity to create a very large impact in an extremely large industry.
Founders & Investors:
The company in a short span of time (little over two years) has raised two rounds of funding, most recently one large round of Series B financing (to be announced soon). The company is backed by some of the most marquee investors that have backed landmark companies such as Myntra.com, Firstcry.com, Lenskart.com, Cult.fit, Bounce, Gomechanic & others. The company is founded by second time entrepreneurs who have demonstrated the ability to build and scale businesses in the past. The profile of the founder can be seen here
- www.linkedin.com/in/wadhwadeepak. Deepak was previously the founder of WeAreHolidays, a B2C platform for travelers. The founders come with deep expertise in building & scaling marketplaces.
Locofast currently has more than 100+ employees across its four offices in India & abroad. The team scale up planned over the next 6 months is to the tune of 250+ people across these offices & few more that the company intends to set up in the near future. The company is biased towards hiring young dynamic individuals who want to change the status-quo & are hungry for exponential growth in a short span of time. The company has already onboarded high quality talent from some of the best startups (Whitehat Jr, Cars24 etc), folks from large companies (Hero Honda, PWC etc) as well as folks from premier colleges (IIM- s, BITS, IIT's etc). At the core, the company looks at individuals who can take ownership, manage a team, execute fast & deliver superior outcomes, irrespective of age & experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Developing and implementing highly responsive user interface components using React concepts.
● Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
● Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
● Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
● Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
● An engineering degree preferably, from a reputed university/college
● A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
● Knowledge of React Hooks is an added advantage.
● Expert knowledge of HTML/CSS, web standards, best practices
● Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
● An experience of writing clean, well documented, semantic code with responsiveness and cross browser compatibility in mind
● Ability to improvise, troubleshoot, and learn new skills on the job.
● Ability to give estimates on work required.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/SVN
● Excellent coding and debugging skills
● A passion and the ability to make beautiful, smooth, delightful web experiences
● Competitive salary
● Great working environment, opportunity to work directly with the founders on extremely exciting real-life problems.
● Opportunity to grow really fast.
As a frontend engineer on one of our game teams, you’ll be a key contributor to developing
amazing games that millions of customers around the world enjoy. We’re always looking for great engineers who want to help us build the next amazing game, or expand and improve an
established game. You’ll design and deliver new game systems, new game features, and new
ways to delight our customers and drive revenue. You should have experience in all phases of software development and be self-directed. If you are an all-around great engineer who is willing to learn and tackle hard problems, there are ways to have a huge impact. As part of a small and growing team you will have great opportunities to build systems from scratch and own them.
• Working as part of one of our Game team or our systems team.
• Regularly shipping updates to millions of customers.
• Driving the design and iteration of new features and games, making good use of internal and external feedback
• Creating measurable success, be self-directed, and prioritise your own workload
• 4+ years of professional software development experiences
• You should have experience with Cocos Creator, Cocos2d-x or Unity and should be willing to work across these engines. Experience with implementing platform specific solutions is a plus.
• An under the hood understanding of software systems, awareness of best practices to build
generic and performant systems are a plus.
• Strong software engineering skills, including strong fundamentals in Algorithms and Datastructures.
• Demonstrated ability to self-direct, and drive work to completion
• Strong communication skills, and the ability to work closely with a team of peers
What do we offer?
• Competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus scheme and stock allowance.
• Flexible timing and work from home days.
• Relocation allowance
• Located in the heart of vibrant Bangalore. Our office is a stones throw from everything you need.
• Beautifully designed large office space.
• Work directly with experienced founders with deep expertise in their fields
SteelEye is the only regulatory compliance technology and data analytics firm that offers transaction reporting, record keeping, trade reconstruction, best execution and data insight in one comprehensive solution. The firm’s scalable secure data storage platform offers encryption at rest and in flight and best-in-class analytics to help financial firms meet regulatory obligations and gain competitive advantage.
The company has a highly-experienced management team and a strong board, who have decades of technology and management experience and worked in senior positions at many leading international financial businesses.
We are a young company that shares a commitment to learning, being smart, working hard and being honest in all we do and striving to do that better each day. We value all our colleagues equally and everyone should feel able to speak up, propose an idea, point out a mistake and feel safe, happy and be themselves at work.
Being part of a start-up can be equally exciting as it is challenging. You will be part of the SteelEye team not just because of your talent but also because of your entrepreneurial flare which we thrive on at SteelEye. This means we want you to be curious, contribute, ask questions and share ideas. We encourage you to get involved in helping shape our business.
What You'll Do:
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js and Redux
- Build robust, reusable, and easy-to-maintain components
- Translate designs and mockups into re-usable, high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Triage issues and enhancing core features for a rapidly-growing application
What We're Looking For:
- You are a well-organized self-starter with excellent communication skills
- You have a thorough and demonstrable understanding of React.js and its core principles
- You have the ability to translate business requirements into high-quality, high-performance code
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to changing requirements
- You are familiar and up-to-date with common front-end dev tools (e.g. Babel, Webpack, NPM, Yarn, etc...)
- You are familiar with RESTful APIs
- You have experience with code versioning (Git) and CI/CD (Jenkins, Circle, etc...) tools
- Familiarity/Experience with Elasticsearch and/or D3 is a HUGE plus
- Minimum 3 years experience with React.js
About SteelEye Culture:
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent salary exceeding industry standards
- Flexible WFH schedule
- 30+ holidays in a year
- Measured on output and not input
- Regular team outings and drinks!
Diversity/equal opportunity statement
We want our Employees to work in a discrimination-free environment. These are not just words on a page. They are part of our commitment to creating a better version of ourselves and the society we live in.