- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions.
- Architect and design new services and features
- Be the go-to person for debugging performance issues on the platform and customer environments
- Dive deep into open source data engines and work on optimizing their performance.
- Design, build, and maintain low latency APIs.
- Mentor and guide the engineering team on best practices and software architecture
- Work closely with our customers and sales teams on a regular basis to carve out new features and use cases
- Develop services that will be consumed by frontend and solution engineers.
- 12+ years of strong development experience in one or more general programming languages. JVM (Java, Scala, Kotlin) or Golang
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem-solving.
- Strong distributed systems knowledge, and experience shipping enterprise software
- SQL mastery and overall experience working with Data storage and retrieval systems
- Organized, thorough, and detail-oriented
Good to have:
Contribution to open-source projects.
- Background in enterprise software
- JVM performance tuning and debugging
Experience in Spring Boot, Jenkins, Git, Hibernate, Kubernetes, and Docker
Experience in the development of scalable and extensible systems using Java
Proficiency in Database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB
Routines Sync & Async
Solid and fluent understanding of algorithm and data structures
Excellent software design, problem-solving and debugging skills
Demonstrated high ownership in previous projects
Excellent Communication Skills
Good understanding of Elastic Search, Redis
Experience working in the cloud environment, preferably AWS*.
Write unit tests and run automated tests through CI/CD
Ability to learn new and existing technologies
Experience in building cloud SaaS or PaaS solutions/products
- 2+ year of experience in Development in JAVA technology.
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Hands on experience on Relationl Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka)
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem solving
- Job Description :
- 1+ years of professional software development experience
- 1+ years of object-oriented Java / J2EE development
- Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering, architecture, development, QA, etc…)
- Experience with Spring (MVC, IOP/DI, REST, Security) & Hibernate/Spring
- Experience with SOAP / REST web services
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of No SQL concepts, understanding of Solr, Redis and Mongo DB is desirable
- Understanding concepts of CDN & Content Management
- Must have worked on any one messaging solutions
- Bonus Points for micro service design and development experience
- Bonus points for any mobile development experience
- Used Agile methodology
- Experience leading or working with cross geography teams
- Bonus Points for experience working on Unix, shell scripting & Build Systems
- Experience in performance optimization is an added advantage
• Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We
expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you
• Lead from the front, when it comes to delivering high quality work products. Serve
as a mentor to the team members
• Create and define performance metrics. Ideate, innovate and hack through the
existing systems to improve performance.
• Perform code reviews, set coding practices and guidelines within the team.
• Make sense of the product specs, be nimble in getting the issues resolved. Be a
Critical Functional Skills:
• Solid understanding and knowledge of Java/C/C++. You should understand the
concepts of multithreading, I/O, messaging, instrumentation etc and their
implementation in Java/Any other Object-Oriented Language.
• Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data
structures to solve problems in computing. A solid foundation in the principles of
computer science is desired.
• Ability to write clean, modular, and loosely coupled code by the use of design
• He/She should be able to break down and architect complex software systems. For
• Cars Availability Engine for Ola.
• Strong decision-making ability
• Deep expertise in at least one programming language & tech stack.
• Substantial experience in building complex and scalable solutions.
• Strong object-oriented design skills, ability to apply design patterns, and an uncanny
ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces
• The ability to do deep problem solving and build elegant, maintainable solutions to
• Experience leading multi-engineer projects and mentoring junior engineers
• Experience with full life cycle development in any programming language on a Linux
• Comprehensive operational experience including, optimizations, deployments and
tuning servers like apache/mysql/tomcat/solr
• Prior experience in working with Agile software methodologies (XP, Scrum), TDD,
and Continuous Integration(CI/CD) a plus.
• Experience in building data-driven web application design and development is a plus
• Expert level experience in building a scalable, large and complex business
• Typically with an experience of 5+ years of development experience in a product
• Must have lead, designed, architected and delivered at least 1 project in his previous
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Btech/MS from a reputed Institute
• Deep expertise with any or combination programming languages: Java, C++, C#,
• Go any object-oriented high-level proprietary or open-source language with strong
programming constructs. We are not skill-specific but go by strength in
• Machine coding
• Single machine in-memory program
• Need a working code with functionality
• Readable and well-designed code with right abstractions, separation of concerns,
• right design patterns
• Performant code with concurrency and efficient data structures
• Write test cases covering the happy path and edge cases
• Problem Solving
• Choose the right combination of data structures to solve the problem
• Identify most edge cases for the problem
Notice Period: Immediate to 60 Days
Below is the JD
Expert: Micro services. Core Java and Spring framework (MVC, Boot).
Practitioner: IT experience in Agile, Test Driven Development approach and software delivery best practice. Strong design and technical skills. Continuous integration/deployment pipelines.
Desirable: ReactJS, Experience with Databases. Preferably Oracle. Knowledge of working in cloud environment. Preferably PCF and AWS.
Joining location will be either Gurgaon, Chennai & Bangalore only.
Skills Mandatory Skills
JAVA Micro service Java8+, Spring Boot, Micro services Devops, CI/CD 40
About the Role
The Dremio India team owns the DataLake Engine along with Cloud Infrastructure and services that power it. With focus on next generation data analytics supporting modern table formats like Iceberg, Deltalake, and open source initiatives such as Apache Arrow, Project Nessie and hybrid-cloud infrastructure, this team provides various opportunities to learn, deliver, and grow in career. We are looking for technical leaders with passion and experience in architecting and delivering high-quality distributed systems at massive scale.
Responsibilities & ownership
- Lead end-to-end delivery and customer success of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of the product
- Lead and mentor others about concurrency, parallelization to deliver scalability, performance and resource optimization in a multithreaded and distributed environment
- Propose and promote strategic company-wide tech investments taking care of business goals, customer requirements, and industry standards
- Lead the team to solve complex, unknown and ambiguous problems, and customer issues cutting across team and module boundaries with technical expertise, and influence others
- Review and influence designs of other team members
- Design and deliver architectures that run optimally on public clouds like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Partner with other leaders to nurture innovation and engineering excellence in the team
- Drive priorities with others to facilitate timely accomplishments of business objectives
- Perform RCA of customer issues and drive investments to avoid similar issues in future
- Collaborate with Product Management, Support, and field teams to ensure that customers are successful with Dremio
- Proactively suggest learning opportunities about new technology and skills, and be a role model for constant learning and growth
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluency in Java/C++ with 15+ years of experience developing production-level software
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models and their use in developing distributed and scalable systems
- 8+ years experience in developing complex and scalable distributed systems and delivering, deploying, and managing microservices successfully
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more of query processing or optimization, distributed systems, concurrency, micro service based architectures, data replication, networking, storage systems
- Experience in taking company-wide initiatives, convincing stakeholders, and delivering them
- Expert in solving complex, unknown and ambiguous problems spanning across teams and taking initiative in planning and delivering them with high quality
- Ability to anticipate and propose plan/design changes based on changing requirements
- Passion for quality, zero downtime upgrades, availability, resiliency, and uptime of the platform
- Passion for learning and delivering using latest technologies
- Hands-on experience of working projects on AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes for orchestration and container management in private and public clouds (AWS, Azure, and GCP)
- Understanding of distributed file systems such as S3, ADLS or HDFS
- Excellent communication skills and affinity for collaboration and teamwork
The Engineering Manager (EM)is responsible for a managing a team of full stack engineers that is building highly innovative and cutting edge solutions. This role is accountable for leading a team, developing code, deploying and managing in production. Most importantly, the EM, while working with the Product owners drives the product Net promoter score (NPS), user satisfaction, building the product roadmap and delivering highly functional, exceptionally innovative and intelligent software. You will be called upon to be the technical representative for your team during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning. Success in this role will require strong and innovative approaches to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, accountability and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
You are great at
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll take the lead as you - drive product development, operations and technical decision making. You’ll have a strong focus on team management and development, equal focus will be on writing production code and hands on active development of the capabilities and solutions. Assist in defining infrastructure need and use enterprise solution and drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment. Manage overall software development cycle by adhering to development and security standards. Establish good stakeholder communication and work closely with Product teams and influence set product roadmap and help drive requirements while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers. Build and manage a team of high performing full stack engineers and provide leadership, coaching, motivation and recommend staffing levels, operating procedures, tools and systems for the team. Provide career development and performance management to a team of engineers.
Required Candidate Profile
- 4 year degree in or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience
- 1-3 years of managing teams with a strong track record of delivery for cross-functional product experience with Cloud hosting and managing products
- Proficient in building high performing APIs and writing specs
- Expertise in programming languages. Hands on experience in Java, J2ee technologies is preferred.
- Experience in SAP Hybris Commerce would be a plus
- Experience with integration, data handling technologies and other open source frameworks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Successful track record of working in large scale technology solutions
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology including continuous integration and delivery, with a mindset of building incrementally and delivering business value quickly