We are seeking talented full stack engineers to join our team.
Your responsibilities as a principal full stack engineer will include:
- - Work with UX and Product Management teams to design software
- - Work with Architects and Engineering leads to build scalable software
- - Back-end software development
- - Proficient in low level system arch design
- - Strong knowledge of web development - MVC, React / Angular Framework
- - Take Product Ownership
- - Testing and fixing bugs
- - Create security and data protection settings
- - Build features with a mobile responsive design
- - Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology, Behavior Driven Development, and CI/CD
- - Ability to think critically and creatively in a dynamic environment, while picking up new tools and domain knowledge along the way
What we are looking for:
- - 3+ years of industry experience as a Backend/Full Stack Engineer
- - Degree in Computer Science or related field
- - Experience with developing web and mobile applications
- - Must have 2-5 years of full time Python (Django) experience, and hands-on experience through all stages of Agile software development life cycle.
- - Ability to write optimized codes, debug programs, and integrate applications with third party tools by developing various APIs.
- - Proficiency with Python or relevant back-end scripting language
- - Proficiency with SQL/NoSQL databases, web servers (e.g. Nginx)
- - Experience with Cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS), relevant microservices and load scaling
- - Maintains a strong knowledge base of new open source tech stacks, applications, techniques, and skills
- - A positive attitude, and a growth mindset
- - Great attention to details
- - Experience with serverless deployment (e.g. Lambda)
- - Experience with API testing software (e.g. Postman)
- - Experience with multiple front-end languages and libraries (e.g. HTML/CSS, JS)
- - Good Humor
Note- We are currently working from home due to the pandemic. If selected you may work from a remote location though once office reopens candidate must work from Office.
- Design and build beautiful UI using the Angular framework
- Work closely with the UX and visual design team to build a highly engaging UI that predicts and exceeds user expectations
- Work closely with product management team to understand user needs; participate in process definition and technology selection to ensure appropriate testing of UIs
- Build RESTful APIs that interface with the Cohesity backend systems
- Develop and Debug end to end from UI to the backend
- 3+ years of engineering experience with a proven track record of building high performance consumer web applications or services.
good exposure in front end ui frameworks like reactjs, angular.
very good analytical and problem solving skills.
Willingness to constantly learn and if you are looking for ways to improve yourself and the processes around you.
experience working in an agile team environment and are a self-starter, conscientious member of the team.
passion to code, but also you’re awesome at it!
Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Experience working with a startup will be a plus.
The desired candidate must have 6+ years of total experience in Web Applications Development with good expertise in MEAN, MERN Stack (MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, Node.js, React.js), strong development and coding skills, good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Coding and Development. The desired candidate will be responsible for developing next-generation web applications & software products
- Analyzing requirements, problems and solving them with the best solution
- Producing high-quality code without much supervision and on-time delivery
- Working in a cross-functional team, collaborating with peers during the entire SDLC
- Defining code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product
- In-depth knowledge of MongoDB, AngularJS, Node.js, React.js and good work experience in MEAN / MERN Stack.
- Should have good experience in back-end development with Node.js
- Experience implementing front-end applications using HTML5, Angular and / or React, LESS / SASS.
- Good knowledge of OOPS concepts, Web Development Concepts, HTML, JSON, REST API development.
- Strong coding skills, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be dedicated to delivering high-quality work and adhering to timelines
- Must be a good team player, good learner and a self-starter
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must be creative enough to bring fresh ideas
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Perform Code reviews of other team members.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- Liaise with the product management team and architect the application / improve the architecture wherever necessary.
Skills And Qualifications
- 7+ years of the overall experience.
- Strong Practical knowledge and understanding of RESTful API
- Excellent Python coding skills and understanding of Python best practices (PEP8)
- Should handle a team of minimum 4 members
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles, and solutions
- 7+ years of good hands-on experience in Python, with knowledge of Django
- Good hands-on experience in SQL Database (MYSQL / Postgres)
- Familiarity of Front End Development ( ReactJS )
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools GIT.
- Has experience of working in an Agile Environment.
- Fluent in English (written and oral) Fluency in a second language is preferred.
- Comfortable working remotely with great communication skills for a remote work environment.
- Knowledge of any cloud. ( Especially Azure )
Technology Development Manager
Location : Bangalore (5 Days WFH)
Education Qualification : B.Tech/M.Tech
(Must have good communication skills)
Experience : 8 to 17 years
- As a Technology Development Manager, be passionate about technology strategy & vision, hands-on solution design, critical analytical thinking and team management
- Responsible for Peer review, design, deployment, production support & mentoring the team
- Be a self-starter based on your experience and be able to deliver world-class capabilities for one of the fastest growing startups in the Global Digital Identity space
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, execution-focused environment while handling the day to day operations and having full control over the business technology organization
- Be energised in the fine balance between managing team and being a technologist
- Be comfortable with ambiguity. As with any startup, this role and the company will evolve and pivot and times will show more unknowns than known.
- 8-15 years of progressive technology experience as an engineer, an architect, project manager, and a team leader in cross functional teams
- Results driven! Demonstrated ability to successfully have brought a product to market
- Experience with full-stack software development including newer front-end frameworks
- Experience and knowledge in Machine Learning & Computer Vision a plus
- Hands-on product management and software development life-cycle experience (especially Agile methodologies)
- Experience leading teams in the successful delivery of large technology projects
- Demonstrated ability to make good technology trade-off decisions, i.e. managing technical debt
- Drives the CI/CD strategy for the product
- Served as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Can identify leading indicators for problems that is likely to surface in the future
- Can identify large problem patterns, systemic issues and opportunities for larger re-architecture and redesign
- Can troubleshoot the entire product ecosystem effectively
- Considered as a Guru in a language, its internals and the application of the language in a wider context
- Defines coding standards and design approaches across the organization
- Can independently design multi systems and systems with complex interactions
- Can design generic platforms for a wider usage across teams
- Accountable for all designs in the team
- Deep knowledge, understanding and experience with working of different architectural styles
- Responsible and accountable for NFR aspects of the product
- Responsible for Architecture and Tech stack across the team(s)
- Ability to define (in collaboration with cross functions), plan, deliver and operationalize large releases.
- Create formal mentoring plans and identify mentoring needs for a team
- Contribution to open source projects, open standards
- Flag bearer of
- Freedom and responsibility
- First Principles
- Bias for action
- Earn your badge
- Customer Empathy
- Truth seeking
Urgent Hiring • Re-location Required
Company Founded 2018 • 1-5 employees
Internet and Technology Startup • Bootstrapped
Based out of Egypt and with presence in the GCC, Quesst Technologies is an early Internet and Tech Startup committed to helping thousands of nationals, residents and travelers in the MENA region, saving them time and effort in seeking reliable and credible knowledge within their communities and localities.
Quesst, the company's flagship platform, is a hyper-local Q&A and knowledge sharing platform that offers the necessary infrastructure for users seeking information to meet, share, engage and interact with one another and with verified subject matter experts.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an agile and entrepreneurial leader with strong people leadership and technical capability who has a problem-solving and analytical aptitude, excellent communication and presentation skills, is familiar with statistics, has a business acumen, independent, positive can-do attitude, and passion for excellence to the workplace.
Your role and our tech stack
Reporting to the founder, you will be expected to develop, deploy and oversee the execution of the tech strategy, product road-map and operations to ensure alignment with our businesses goals as we grow and scale. You will play a key part in the organisation's success, taking the current MVP and developing it further to move the company through to early stage funding and into profit.
Quesst's is built using React.js [Frontend], Node.js [Backend], PostgreSQL [DB], Amazon EC2 [Application Hosting], Amazon S3 [Media Storage Service], and Amazon SES [Email Sending Service]. You will be responsible for implementing full-stack features and collaborate with other team members to plan each sprint. You’ll be working across the entire system architecture and be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining restful APIs, micro-services and databases.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop, improve and optimize the structure, quality, and extensibility of current software technologies, codebases and databases
- Prototype ideas to quickly access viability and iterate based on feedback from the team
- Build robust, web-based applications interacting with databases, file-systems and APIs
- Write custom code or integrate open source technologies as needed to find solutions to problems
- Design and build effective APIs; Create servers and databases for functionality
- Design client-side and server-side architecture; Design the data model ensuring scalability
- Accurately translate screen designs into functional front-end code; Develop features and with a mobile responsive design
- Write high-quality, extensible, testable and reusable code and libraries; Conduct code reviews and establishment of best practices
- Participate in planning activities; Estimate accurate stores for new features and design product features
- Help define processes and build tools as needed to scale the solution and the team
- Create and lead the product road-map; Proactively breakdown work, manage development sprints, identify risks and explore solutions
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency; Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software; Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving
- Steer the business on timescales, prioritization and costs on competing development requirements
- Drive rigorous, and weekly product releases and lead required integration efforts with partners and/or third-party software services
- Guide the development in design, architecture and platform choices with strong focus on quality, speed, stability and scalability
- Identify and establish best practices and frameworks keeping in mind parameters of performance, responsiveness, security, maintainability, extensibility, and reuse; Work collaboratively in a lean and agile environment; Write technical documentation
- Recommend and implement new technologies, improvement of existing tech and set-up and future-proofing our technology that can help the company optimize efficiency and productivity and lead edge thinking and knowledge of innovative technologies i.e. AI, ML, blockchain, etc..
- Minimum of BSc in Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Software Engineering or a comparable degree program
- Proven experience of 2-5 years of full-stack development of web applications; 2+ years building front-end interfaces with React.js & Redux workflows and 2+ years building back-end and maintaining server applications on Node.js, PostgreSQL and designing APIs
- Experience with Linux environments and using the shell and command line terminals (preferred)
- Professional coding experience in object-oriented and scripting languages; Extensive experience building client-side web applications using React
- Proficient with:
- Client-side MVC frameworks such as NodeJS, React JS, NextJS, Redux, and AngularJS; Knowledge of isomorphic React
- Configuration of various servers to run web application servers, databases, etc.; Web server technologies like Nginx, NodeJS, Apache, etc.
- Frontend CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Material UI and preprocessors like SASS and SCSS/LESS
- Writing and integrating middleware; Experience with Redux Saga and Thunk
- Architecture, design, queries of Relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL and other RDBMS)
- Modern JS tooling (NPM, Webpack, Babel, ESLint and Prettier)
- Developer tools, such as Visual Studio Code
- Code versioning tools and Git version control systems (Github); Containerization systems (Docker)
- Strong in data structures, XML technologies, JSON parsing
- Caching frameworks and mechanisms, work-task queues, transactions and messaging queues (Redis, Memcached, RabbitMQ and others)
- Building real-time applications using Web Sockets (Socket.io)
- Web and mobile push notifications and cloud message APIs (GCM, APNS, OneSignal, etc.)
- Setting up cron jobs and schedule task execution
- Handling Services, RESTful, APIs, third party libraries and APIs (Google APIs, AWS, Zendesk, etc.)
- Experience with API gateway, distributed infrastructure architectures and applications tuning/profiling; Experience working with microservices
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments; Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Experience with REST API and web service construction, integration and architecture and working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token, Authentication and Security Technologies
- Familiarity with building secure systems (OWASP secure coding practices or similar)
- Architect and cloud-deploy applications on AWS and other cloud providers
- Deep understanding of Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Build and manage end-to-end and UI tests; Experience writing tests (unit, integration, functional, etc.), and using testing frameworks
- Build third-party integrations like Slack, Stripe, Google and supporting their workflow
- Provision DevOps tooling with continuous integration; Build modern Front-end build pipelines and tools
- Contribute to API documentation including API description languages like Swagger; Document and diagram functional flows and architectures
- Experience in building rich PWA applications; Experience in responsive design, cross browser compatibility and website performance
- Understanding of how browsers and DOM work; Understanding and experience with asynchronous processing, partial page refresh, DOM traversal and manipulation
- Expert level using Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics and others); Experience with open source software development
- Experience with localization and internationalization of applications (working with multi-site setups, multi-language, i18n, etc.)
Some desired extras and good to have skills
- Knowledge of cyber-security, malware analysis, threat detection and/or sandboxing technology
- Preferably has knowledge of working in big data (Spark, Kafka, Hadoop) and machine learning ecosystems
- Strong background in security and data analytics and on-premise data experience
- Experience and familiarity with:
- Architecture, design, queries and aggregation of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra and others)
- Elasticsearch and ELK stack
- Developing integrations for global OTAs
- Knowledge of multiple backend languages and framework
We offer you
- A unique entrepreneurial opportunity to build something from the ground up and scale it up to a major regionally recognizable brand
- A great learning curve in a collaborative environment with no barriers for initiatives
- Leading compensation package including salary free of local taxes, accommodation allowance for local hire or shared accommodation for international hire, free medical care from company physician, free government healthcare membership, transport allowance, paid airfare to the country of origin, paid leave and end of service according to local labor law.
Your professional career growth opportunities
As you help us grow Quesst, we will help you grow and professionally develop. Joining us at this stage, you will have the opportunity to be part of the core team if you prove you have what it takes and will be given the opportunity to:
- Lead and develop a technical strategy for the company, which involves goal setting, discussing options, and analyzing risks with the management team, CEO and board members
- An opportunity to build and manage a business unit from scratch and scale it up to success at a regional level
- Attract and retain top tech talent, mentor and manage the team as it grows
- Develop and manage KPIs for the tech team and create a challenging work environment
Have we caught your attention?
Send us your application including your resume, salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We’re looking forward to your application!
Backend: Python-Django/ Flask
- Responsible for design and architecture of functional prototypes and production ready systems
- Uses open source frameworks as appropriate Django Preferred
- Python development to support middleware for REST API
- Communicate technical concepts with trade offs, risks, and benefits
- Evaluate and resolve product related issues
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted Python or PHP that scales
- Good understanding of REST API's and experience in building them.
- Experience on asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
4+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role.
Expertise in designing highly-scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and infrastructure (e.g. Java, MySql, AWS, Docker).
Experience in frameworks such as Spring Framework, Spring Boot and Hibernate.
Experience in implementing and deploying micro-services in Cloud (eg: AWS).
Experience in CI/CD tools such as Kubernetes.
Experience in version control tools such as GIT, GitHub and BitBucket.
Familiar with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Selenium.
Familiarity with web security a plus.
SaaS /Internet company background: web-based, hosted on AWS.
Experience in an Agile and Scrum environment.
Experience working for a rapidly scaling start-up.
Comfortable with the web engineering lifecycle.
Passion for delivering high-quality web functionality with quick turnaround times.
Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment.
Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis.
Design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures.
Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing.
Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products.
Break-down complex problems into solvable pieces of work for other engineers.
Depending on your specialization, projects/initiatives may include: Security, scaling distributed systems, working on our core services related to user management, building out new verticals, guiding new engagement features, scaling traffic/imports/exports, managing APIs.