Unstop (Formerly Dare2Compete) is looking for Frontend and Full Stack Developers. Developer responsibilities include building our application from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up, fashioning everything from the home page to site layout and function.
Responsibilities of the Candidate:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our products
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- End-to-end management and coding of all our products and services
- To make products modular, flexible, scalable and robust
Our Tech Stack:
- Angular 10 or later
- PHP Laravel
- MYSQL 8
- NoSQL DB
- Amazon AWS services – EC2, WAF, EBS, SNS, SES, Lambda, Fargate, etc.
- The whole ecosystem of AWS
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Freshers and Candidates with a maximum of 10 years of experience in the technologies that we work with
- Proven working experience in programming – Full Stack
- Top-notch programming and analytical skills
- Must know and have experience in AngularJS 2 onwards
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object-Oriented Programming and web application development
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- B.Tech in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent
Salary: As per industry benchmarks. This won’t be a restriction for the right candidate.
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
About Unstop (formerly Dare2Compete)
Unstop, derived from our belief - #BeUnstoppable, is a community engagement and hiring platform.
Unstop enables companies to discover, engage, assess, and hire the right talent #BeyondBoundaries through gamified engagements - hackathons, coding challenges, business case competitions, simulation games, quizzes, hiring challenges, etc. This is in addition to the traditional method of custom job listings to take applications, do tech & non-tech skill based MCQ and coding assessments, and take interviews.
Unstop connects unstoppable talent with the world of opportunities to let them #GoBeyondResume. It enables students and early professionals across domains and irrespective of their background to learn, practice, and participate in gamified engagements like hackathons, quizzes, case competitions, simulations, etc. organized by companies and institutes for their recruitment, employer branding, or general engagement needs.
In this process, they get rewarded, recognized, gain resume points, and eventually get hired by their dream companies.
In true sense, Unstop is democratizing engagements and hiring.
Unstop has 4.3 Mn+ active users who constantly participate in competitions and engagements.
Unstop help companies:
- Engage & Hire with their target audience irrespective of the domain
- Source & attract the right talent for different roles from our 4.2+ million users.
- Do accurate assessments - Coding, Technical, Management, etc.
- Interview less and hire more - Our clients reduce their interviews to offer ratios by at least 70%.
- Leverage Nex-gen proctoring to eliminate fake profiles and people.
- Get leading indicators for offering dropouts to plan better.
- Remotely manage the virtual hiring platform.
To put it straight, Unstop is the one-stop solution for companies to simplify the entire HR lifecycle - pre-hiring (employer branding), hiring (assessments & interviews), and post-hiring (engagements & leading indicators for offer dropouts) with everything neatly bundled under a single roof.
Here’s to building synergy between an ecosystem of students, recruiters, and educators - in an engaging manner!
- Hands-on experience in any one of the python-based backend frameworks like Django or Flask or Pyramid along with end to end testing
- Hands-on experience in building high performant React applications
- Hands-on experience working with TDD in JS with the help of frameworks like Mocha, Chai, Jest, Enzyme, React Testing Library etc.
- In depth knowledge of SQL is a must. SQL Technologies that are desired are MySQL, PostGres, Oracle
- Experience in state management libraries like Redux and MobX
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Familiarity with various component libraries and design systems
- Proficient in using media queries and CSS frameworks like bootstrap or foundation for implementing responsive web design patterns in the applications
- Experience in owning Code Quality and Code Review processes
- Experience on Node.js is an advantage
- Work "in the trenches" with junior developers to implement large features that wow our clients
- Partner with Managers, Business Analysts, and test analysts to develop realistic implementation plans with a focus on quality, sustainability, and delivering value to our clients
- Stand up for coding best practices that ensure quality products: automated testing, unit testing, agile development, continuous integration, code reviews, and technical design
- Improve technical skills of self and the team
- Research industry trends and web technologies, and promote adoption of best-in-class web tools and technologies
- Understand client business issues and actively participate in designing solutions and features that meet client needs
- Take initiative to advance the quality, responsiveness, architecture, or design of our solution, if you want to make it happen you can.
- Excellent organizational and task management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in global cross-office teams
- Fluency in English is required
About the Company –
TekEat platform is designed for restaurant owners and food vendors who wish to earn more from online food delivery channel through an integrated ad-network. TekEat provides complete suite of Restaurant management solution with integrated advertisement channel in their end-customer-facing applications such as Restaurant’s Online menu and TekEat’s Customer Side application.
Job Objectives –
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed and scale. Support diverse clients from high- powered desktop computers to small mobile devices
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Collaborate with senior management, operations & business team
- Building Rest APIs and maintain Database optimizations
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage solutions.
- Skills And Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (such as Laravel, Yii, CodeIgniter)
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (Depending on the specific project)
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong Knowledge of SQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
smallest of restaurants to the largest chains across the world to grow their in-store
and online commerce. Right from automating all their workflows across online delivery
platforms such as Swiggy, Zomato, Deliveroo, UberEats—to building and deploying
self-branded websites and apps, right to managing their walk-in customers and
dine-in experiences, UrbanPiper is the preferred choice for over 20k+ restaurants.
We are backed by top VCs — Tiger Global and Sequoia Capital. Recently, we closed
our Series B round of funding with Swiggy and Zomato also participating together!
That’s a first and only (until now) event for any startup in the food and beverage
The Platform Team is responsible for the core order processing and workflow
automation products that UrbanPiper builds. The team owns a suite of services, a
customer facing application and data pipelines that enable our customers to take
orders from multiple online and offline channels, process them seamlessly, and track
them till completion.
Different internal and external applications and systems depend on services managed
by the team to deliver their functionality to end-users.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the design,
development, and maintenance of functional components in our core order processing
and workflow automation products. You will be working with a team of backend and
frontend engineers to build new features and improve existing ones.
● Take technical responsibility for a part of the product/module all throughout the
SDLC ranging from design to implementation and operation.
● Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Python code while
maintaining strict scalability requirements.
● Write unit tests and integration tests and ensure high quality code delivery.
● Write high quality documentation explaining the architecture and
implementation of the components you work on.
● Identify bottlenecks and bugs with the help of our error management/APM
solution, and devise fixes to these problems.
● Assist the SRE/Devops team in setting up the production environment for new
modules/systems as required.
● Participate in on-call shift rotations to assist the on-call SRE in identifying and
resolving product issues.
● Review code written by other team members.
● Mentor and guide Associate and Software Engineer level team members.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
● 4-7 years of experience in Python Web backend development.
● Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
● Strong familiarity with frameworks like Django, Flask etc. and those required to
implement RESTful/GraphQL backends.
● Proficiency in SQL/NoSQL data modeling.
● Proficiency and experience designing and implementing clean and flexible REST
● Ability to re-architect existing systems to become more efficient and scalable
based on industry best practices.
● Experience working with message queues such as RabbitMQ/Kafka or similar
queuing based systems.
● Experience with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
● Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, CircleCI etc.).
Good to have:
● Experience in a high-growth technology startup company.
● Experience managing a technical team.
● Familiarity with the concepts of distributed systems, their various failure modes
and solutions to address them.
● Experience with column-oriented analytical databases such as ClickHouse,
- Architect, develop, test and deploy robust products that are fast, scalable and highly responsive.
- Design and maintain large and complex databases, both relational and non-relational databases.
- Establish, refine and integrate development environment tools and software as needed.
- Developing front end website architecture and designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify production and non-production application issues as a part of deployment.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Vast knowledge in Data Structure.
- Previous working experience as a developer for at least 6 months.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL or Oracle and MongoDB.
- Experience with MEAN Full-stack paradigm.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Must required skill: Mongo DB, Express, Angular(2+), Node.
Experienced required 5-12 Yrs
Immediate candidates required.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience as a software developer.
- Familiarity with Git.
- Linux and/or OS X experience.
- Experience consuming API endpoints.
- Good to have - Kafka/queuing system
- Should be well-versed in using multiple Databases - SQL/NO SQL,
- Should have experience using in- memory Data Bases-Redis
- Experience with Unit-Testing.
- Experience building web applications with responsive design.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability.
- ES6, React JS/JSX, Redux, Web pack, Immutable.js.
Desired Skills and Experience
Your skills and experience should cover:
2+ years of relevant software engineering experience
Proven Node.JS programming skills with knowledge on how to scale huge Node.JS setups
Experience profiling and optimizing Node.JS applications
API design and development best practices
Restful web services, service-oriented architectures
SQL and NoSQL expert
Hands-on experience with developing automated tests
Test-driven development (TDD)
Experience with SCM systems like Git/SVN
Experience in Agile software development and continuous Integration systems like Jenkins
The following areas are highly advantageous:
Experience/Interest with MySQL or PostgreSQL database