Your Responsibilities :
1) Building highly scalable and secured applications/microservices and responsive APIs
2) Assessing the security risks associated with the platform architecture and suggesting/implementing suitable changes for the same.
3) Architect and implement back-end services to support our mobile and web clients.
4) Creating and implementing database schemas that represent and support business processes.
5) Use best software development practices and processes including unit testing, code reviews, and site monitoring post deployment.
6) Continue to research and evaluate new technologies that may improve performance and elegance of our software implementation.
7) Explore and Integrate third-party APIs when required for the project.
8) Work closely with the rest of the team to bring our features into production.
Your skills :
- Hands-on experience in Django Framework.
- Strong Knowledge of Python.
- Strong Knowledge of MVC design pattern and object oriented programming concepts.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS like Postgresql and Database schema design.
- Experience in developing robust and secure RESTful web API and microservices using Django/Python.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Experience in handling No-SQL MongoDB or similar.
- Hands-on experience in GitHub.
- Experience in CI, CD tools like jenkins.
- Experience in managing cloud-based web applications on Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud.
- You love code and up for the challenge!
- Programming Languages: C# or VB.NET
- Server-Side Technologies: ASP.NET / MVC
- Database: SQL Server
Senior / Lead Backend Engineer
Location: Bangalore (Currently remote, Post pandemic you need to relocate)
- Working closely with a cohesive team to develop the backend architecture and build out product features at a rapid pace and scale them as needed.
- Build integrations to/fro other platforms such as crypto wallets, bank APIs and payment gateways etc.
- Make architectural decisions about the product by optimising delivery and technical debt.
- Follow the best engineering practices like testing, documentation, CI/CD, etc.
- A lot of experimentation and identifying solutions to unknown problems.
- Excellent problem solving and design skills.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Microservices, Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker
- Solid API design and data modeling experience.
- Security first approach to system design.
- Experience with a AWS cloud services such as RDS, SQS, EKS etc
- Willingness to learn and challenge oneself.
**** Looking for someone from a Product development organization (Typically Fintech / Payment Domain) who can start at the earliest
We are looking for a full-time remote Senior Backend Developer who has worked with big data and stream processing, to solve big technical challenges at scale that will reshape the healthcare industry for generations. You will get the opportunity to be involved in the big data engineering, novel machine learning pipelines and highly scalable backend development. The successful candidates will be working in a team of highly skilled and experienced developers, data scientists and CTO.
1) Writing well tested, readable code using Python that is capable of processing large volumes of data
2) Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure or AWS are essential
3) The ability to work to project deadlines efficiently and with minimum guidance
4) A positive attitude and love working within a global distributed team
1) Highly proficient working with Python
2)Comfort working with large data sets and high velocity data streams
3) Experienced with microservices and backend services
4) Good relational and NoSQL database working knowledge
5) An interest in healthcare and medical sectors
6) Technical degree with minimum of 2 plus years- backend data heavy development or data engineering experience in Python
7) Desirable ETL/ELT
8) Desirable Apache Spark and big data pipelines, and stream data processing (e.g. Kafka, Flink, Kinesis, Event Hub)
Mentor To Go is an android and web based platform to help students improve their work readiness through self-learning sessions, personalised mentorship provided by mentor professionals from a range of careers, and work experience opportunities.
The technology platform implements functionalities such as: screening surveys of mentors and mentees, training content for mentors, matching through an algorithm, and mentorship through the delivery of structured activities.
The application technology architecture comprises of the following:
o a Python Django web application with NGinx and Gunicorn
o PostgreSQL database
o A React Android and Web app
o Rest APIs which interact between the Android app and the Django webserver
Our vision at Mentor To Go is to provide career mentorship to young people anywhere, anytime across the length and breadth of India.
We are looking for a backend software developer who is passionate about using web technologies to solve social problems and creating experiences that are elegant and effective. You will own the back end development of features of the Mentor To Go platform from conceptualisation through design and testing, working closely with other developers, the technical project manager, and the program operations team. You are user-centric, continuously demonstrate strategic & analytical abilities, and are laser focused on executing at speed. You must have the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably CS or related discipline
- 3+ years experience working in Unix/Linux environments building web and mobile applications
- Proficiency in developing and deploying cloud based Python/Postgresql applications preferably using frameworks such as Django
- Experience with design and development of moderately complex software projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with version control software such as Git
- 5+ years of overall relevant work experience
- Experience building apps using React/React-Native
- Basic understanding of AWS cloud
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs
About Mentor Together
Mentor Together is India’s first and largest youth mentoring non-profit organization with a mission to facilitate empowering mentoring relationships and networks that help young people break the inequalities of opportunity and actualise their potential.
Mentor To Go is the world’s first mobile mentoring platform created by Mentor Together with the support of Cisco India, LinkedIn Social Impact, British Telecom and Sterlite Technologies.
- Expand the product to suit the needs of all kinds of travellers. From family travellers to hardcore backpackers and from free independent travellers to those who need a more guided approach to planning their trip.
- Launch across more countries. This means adding support for more geographies, things to do, weather, currencies and payments, transport and accommodation.
- Scale it up to serve millions of users a year, from across the globe. We are seeing decent growth, but it is time to up the game.
Responsibilities and Duties
How you'll add value:
- Own the architecture and design decisions that go into shaping our backend microservices
- Build and ship robust features.
- Work with web and mobile engineers to design and build APIs to power the traveler and influencer applications.
- Help us scale out to multiple geographies and serve millions of travelers
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- An innate desire to grow. Both personally and with respect to the value you add to other people's lives.
- 4+ years industry experience working with golang/Django
- Sound understanding of CS fundamentals. We don't expect you to remember every algorithm by heart. But if you know how to find the most appropriate one for any given problem, let's talk.
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense.
- Interest in contributing to open source projects
- Bonus points if you have an interest in the philosophy behind technologies. - You are intrigued by why did people develop certain technologies the way they did.
- Work with a bunch of amazing people on a challenging problem.
- 1 backpacking trip each year to travel outside India. We don't allow you to travel, we WANT you to travel.
- We don't mind work from home/cafe/some random city in the world as long as your work and your team is not disrupted.
- We don't have a leave policy (there is a guideline for legal reasons) but you are free to take as much personal time as you need as long as you get your job done.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹2,000,000.00 to ₹3,000,000.00 /year