- Develop new functionalities on the Company platform, in close collaboration with the Product team
- Analyse and correct anomalies across the various environments
- Propose and participate in the platform evolution
- Contribute to the platform architecture, ensure strong code quality (tests & code reviews) and adherence to best practices
- Mentor and support junior developers
About Right Hemisphere
- Architect, develop, test and deploy robust products that are fast, scalable and highly responsive.
- Design and maintain large and complex databases, both relational and non-relational databases.
- Establish, refine and integrate development environment tools and software as needed.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Identify production and non-production application issues as a part of deployment.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Vast knowledge in Data Structure.
- Previous working experience as a developer for at least 12 months.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL or Oracle and MongoDB.
- Experience with MEAN Full-stack paradigm.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Note: This job posting is for a full time effort for a 3-6 month contract period. There is an opportunity to get an employment offer depending on the performance in this contract period.
Learngram is a Singapore-based EdTech startup founded by IIT Alums and we are building an innovative online classroom platform designed from scratch that offers all the tools to make teaching and learning seamless, effective and fun. Our tech team is based out of Bengaluru and we are building a high-quality team of result-focused & innovative problem solvers.
Shirish Chandrakar – Co-Founder/CEO
Raman Kishore – Co-Founder/CTO
At Learngram, we are building an online teaching & learning platform with a large breadth to address live, non-live and collaborative parts of classroom interactions. We follow an extremely user focused product development approach to address the needs of teachers & students and bring them to a smooth classroom experience online, and in the process, elevate their effectiveness to a new level.
Learngram is a tech company in every sense with the tech product being the heart of the company with zero to minimal ops. Naturally, we are building a seemingly complex tech product with various moving parts having to seamlessly interact with each other at scale, and deliver the best experience to the users.
The Backend team at Learngram does the heavy lifting of architecting & continuously improving multiple backend services, their interactions, the database, live communication, file sharing, handling videos, lecture recordings, deployments, load testing, scaling & autoscaling, cost optimisation, long term strategies to re-architect the services, notifications, logging, caching and much more. The team ensures that the utility of a complex platform with all the intricacies is kept functional and intact at all times, with a small debug and response time in case of any issue & ensure a smooth and engaging experience for the users.
The Backend Developer role at Learngram requires you to be strong at backend architecture with a long term vision, excellent problem solving ability, a mindset to chase efficiency, writing extremely performant Apis & DB queries, logging & monitoring the whole system, very good at designing & implementing caching strategies for the services, experienced in handling production code bases, writing very maintainable & well architected code, comfortable using cloud servers and handling all releases and deployments, load testing, scaling & autoscaling applications with various strategies as they seem fit, using message queues to solve multiple problems and being comfortable with the interactions among different backend services.
This role at Learngram requires you to follow and innovate the product development process to ensure effective communication with various teams and efficient work environment. We also require you to be involved in creating healthy relationships within the team built on ownership, support & effective communication to keep the people-first culture of the company alive and enjoy creating with the team. A passion to be an early team member of a startup and build products ground up is crucial to keep the intensity and ownership culture within the team.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Backend architecture
- Backend development (Node/Python + Express/Flask)
- Websockets and real time communication
- Handling file storage and rendering at scale
- DB design and optimised querying
- Building well architected and low latency Apis
- Deployment on Cloud (AWS)
- Message Queuing (Kafka)
- Caching (Redis)
- Load testing, Scaling & Autoscaling
- Notifications & Analytics
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Effective communication across dev, QA, design & product teams
- WebRTC knowledge is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of experience in Backend Development
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and the familiarity of working with dev, QA, design and product teams
- Experienced in working on microservices architecture based code bases
- Experienced in handling production code & releases
- Experienced in load testing, scaling & autoscaling initiatives
- Ability to architect and build full-fledged complex features from scratch
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, pro-active and strong sense of ownership
- B.E Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years experience with the Django framework
- Experience with building APIs (REST or GraphQL)
- Strong Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- React.js knowledge would be an added bonus
- Understanding on how to use a database like Postgres (prefered choice), SQLite,
- Sound knowledge of object-oriented design and analysis.
- A strong passion for writing simple, clean and efficient code.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git.
- Strong communication skills.
- Min 3 year experience
- Startup experience is a must.
- Remote developer
- 40 hours a week but with 4 hours a day overlapping with client timezone. Typically
clients are in California PST Timezone.
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12
PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other
- We dont believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here
because you love the company. We have only a 15 days notice period.
Good knowledge of Python frameworks such as Django, CherryPy, etc.
Good understanding of REST API
Build back-end features in Python that are efficient.
Integrate front-end and back-end components into the application
Develop integrations with third party applications (mostly web-based).
Working Knowledge of SQL and databases.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or other related fields.
Understand the needs of the client and Implement functional requirements accordingly.
Agile development methodology
Good communication (verbal and written)
Bonus Skill : Experience with ReactJs, Postgres
We would prefer candidates who can join immediately or are currently serving their notice period.
Key Skills Required
Proficiency in Node js and Express based development
Stong experience in building scalable REST APIs
Experience in implenting API security using tokens, encryptions keys and other methods
A proved history of building scalable and secure web applications and APIs with Node js using a microservice architecture
Working experience with API Gateways
Experience with Docker
Experience in maintaining code via Git workflows
Ability to work independantly or as a part of a team
Ability to work in an Agile environment
Understanding requirement and congributing to engineering solutions at a conceptual stage to provide the best possible solution to the task/challenge
Building high quality code using coding standards based on the SRS/Documentation
Building component based, maintainable, scalable and reusable backend libraries/modules.
Building & documenting scalable APIs on the Open Spec standard
Unit testing development modules and APIs
Conducting code reviews to ensure that the highest quality standard are maintained
Securing backend applications and APIs using industry best practices
Troubleshooting issues and fixing bugs raised by the QA team efficiently.
Building and deploying the applications
Node.js Developer Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
Node.js Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
- Well versed in Core Java, OOPs concepts, collections, multi-threading, concurrency, lambdas, and streams.
- Hands-on knowledge of Spring Core, MVC, JPA, Security, transaction
- Working knowledge of REST API designing as well as development, using Spring.
- Exposure to Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift for the microservices environment.
- Savvy with SQL and database concepts.
- Ability to use frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, etc., for implementing unit testing.
- Sound understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/bit bucket with Maven.
- Should have worked in a CI/CD environment with TeamCity/Jenkins.
Location: Jaipur/ Remote
Employment type: Full-time
What you bring to the team:
• University degree in Computer Science or other related fields preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
• 5+ years’ experience
• Experience in Java (min. 3 Years in Production), JDBC / SQL (Oracle or SQL Server or PostgreSQL), Spring Framework (Core, JDBC, Transactions, Spring REST), Hibernate (Core, HQL, Spring Integration).
• Experience in jQuery (or similar framework).
• Experience in Gradle(preferred) or Maven.
• Experience in Jenkins.
• Experience in Apache Tomcat (or similar application server).
• Excellent communication and didactical skills.
• Good level of English.
Represents a Plus
• JEE (Servlets)
• Jasper Reports,
• Basic knowledge of JSF
• Good in problem analysis and judgment – you evaluate the impact of architectural decisions, actions, choices, risks and updates and their impact on the organization.
• Autonomous in executing tasks, preparation of advice, and decision making about the implementation.
• Persistent – you deal with conflicts of interest and obtain a good and acceptable end solution.
• Communicative and persuasive – you can document in a comprehensive way to non-IT colleagues the decisions taken.
• You’ll be working for European projects and deal with European culture.
• You’ll have possibility to permanent placed on-site in Europe.
• You’ll be working with motivated people, that love creating products that our customers love.
• You’ll be continuously growing both as an individual and as a professional, by learning on the job.
• You’ll have the change of both solving reliability issues, but also coding reliability from the inception to running the product. As we strive in automating toil away, you’ll work on more and more complex topics.
• You’ll have the opportunity to participate in various initiatives or working groups with the goal of enriching and streamlining our landscape.
- Writes high quality code & unit tests, builds, tests as per agreed timelines
- Participates in technical design and provides estimation
- Owns one or more small to medium features
- Becomes a go-to person in at least one area
- Communicates clearly and gets clarification upfront to minimize rework. Knows when to ask for help to unblock.
- Consistently follows and promotes SDLC best practices: Coding standard, testing, code reviews, code comments etc.
- Exhibit strong problem solving skills, helps other developers and demonstrates teamwork
- Understands detailed requirements and demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms
- Excellent programming skills in ROR, Golang, NodeJS, Python
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and ability to deliver results
- 4+ years of experience in product driven organization
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering from a reputed institute
- Experience in Golang, RoR, Unity, ML or Python will be an added advantage
FreightCrate Technologies is a Logistics Technology company that aims to transform international shipping through innovative and cost-effective tech solutions that can mutually benefit exporters, importers and logistics service providers.
Our web-platform, FreightCrate offers online tech-enabled quote and shipment management solutions for export and import businesses to and from more than 50,000 global locations.
We have had more than 50 media coverages including Entrepreneur, Maritime Gateway, Cargotalk, BW Disrupt, INC42, Silicon India, Tech Observer and several other newspapers and online magazines.
Our vision is to utilize cutting edge technology, engineering, deep learning and artificial intelligence to create an intelligent freight management system that can automate and optimize international trade operations for global businesses.
Samir Lambay is the Co-Founder and CEO with an MSc in Shipping, Trade and Finance from Cass Business School, London, UK with Distinction.
Samir has worked in the shipping and logistics industry across both family businesses and multinational companies. His most recent job was at DB Schenker Logistics (Part of Deutsche Bahn Group - Fortune 200) where he was the youngest Vertical Manager globally and won two awards including Vertical Manager of the year and a Global Award.
Ruchi Dogra is a Co-Founder & Director and is in charge of sales and marketing. She has worked for over 15 years across the top 3 logistics/supply chain companies globally. She set-up the hotel, wines and beverages vertical at Kuehne & Nagel and DB Schenker. Her latest assignment was at DHL Global Forwarding where she worked as a Vertical Manager for Engineering and Manufacturing; handling top Indian and multinational accounts including several Fortune 100 companies. She brings with her an extensive knowledge in strategy, sales, operations and customer service.
The Software Developer’s role is to develop new innovative programs to optimize and automate user experiences by creating high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Should be familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
As this is a new business the compensation is negotiable and we will make an offer depending on the experience of the candidate.
• Design flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
• Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
• Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Integrate software components and third-party programs and API’s
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
• Gather and evaluate user feedback
• Recommend and execute improvements
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
• AWS & Cloud-computing
• Frontend technologies HTML, CSS, JS, ReactJS, Vue.js
• Frameworks like Django
• Tools like Datadog, NewRelic, etc
• Setting & managing dev/beta/prod environments
• Tools like Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
• Knowledge of Solr/Elastic search will be an advantage
• Min of 3+ years of Hands on experience in Web development, algorithm design, implementation, architecture design, product management, databases and UI/UX in consumer facing applications.
• Experience on projects involving engineering and algorithmic functions, machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence is very advantageous.
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in teams.
• Previous experience working on logistics technology products is advantageous but not mandatory.
• Strong communication skills.
• Willingness to learn and utilize emerging technologies.
• Sincere passion to use disruptive technologies that can be globally significant.