The Post Mayor started with a mission to provide exceptionally high-quality information to the people of India in their languages.
The quality of information available to the vernacular speakers of India is sub-par as compared to English. However, the number of such speakers is huge. Hindi alone is spoken by over 600 million people. With the availability of cheap mobile data and smartphones, a substantial number of this audience is coming online but the quality of information that is available to this audience is poor. This is primarily due to the language barrier. Not everyone understands English.
Think of a pregnant woman sitting in some remote village in India with a Jio phone who only understands Marathi. She has access to the internet but it's close to impossible for her to find reliable information about pregnancy in the language she can understand.
We are trying to solve this problem by making available high-quality informational content to this audience.
Jobs at The Post Mayor
The recruiter has not been active on this job recently. You may apply but please expect a delayed response.
We're looking for a candidate who can join our team to create content and oversee editorial strategy for our main content channels. The candidate must have impeccable command over Hindi.
We're looking for
- An effective writer,
- Who has a keen eye for editing,
- Can create and overlook a smooth content production process,
- Loves working in small, tight-knit team of A-players.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Researching, ideating and coming up with unique content ideas,
- Creating new content as well as assigning and editing content delivered by writers,
- Managing the editorial calendar and hiring new writers as needed,
- Looking after the overall content production process.
Qualifications and Skills
- Impeccable written and verbal command over Hindi is a must.
- Graduate/post-graduate in Hindi literature or mass communication/journalism would be a plus.
- Must NOT be over 28 years old in age.