Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and technology company, with operations in more than 20 countries, including In India where we’re building a new Innovation and Capability Centre (ICC) in Bangalore.
We’re growing, fast, and for you that means many exciting opportunities to develop your career at Telstra. Join us on this exciting journey, and together, we’ll reimagine the future.
- We're an iconic Australian company with a rich heritage that's been built over 100 years. Telstra is Australia's leading Telecommunications and Technology Company. We've been operating internationally for more than 70 years.
- International presence spanning over 20 countries.
- We are one of the 20 largest telecommunications providers globally and the largest telecom provider.
- At Telstra, the work is complex and stimulating, but with that comes a great sense of achievement. We are shaping the tomorrow's modes of communication with our innovation driven teams.
Telstra offers an opportunity to make a difference to lives of millions of people by providing the choice of flexibility in work and a rewarding career that you will be proud of!
Our GBS team
The mission of the Global Business Services (GBS) unit is to leverage talent, technology and partnership to create growth, value, innovation and differentiation via a service mindset.
Our focus is to deliver great experiences, to simplify and innovate, and drive Telstra’s profitability across a global operating footprint.
The role with us
As a Senior Software Engineer, you thrive on understanding and translating customer needs into new products and capability. You apply deep technical expertise and experience in software application layer solutions, to develop and deliver scalable design blueprints across the end-to-end software development life cycle. Your continuous learning and improvement mindset, collaboration and influencing skills are critical to success in this role.
What you'll work on
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on development project which will be based on API transitions, API Management ,API Monetization engine (based on Java, Springboot & AWS) and high traffic transactions.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you apply deep experience and technical know-how in the Software Engineering domain with-
• 7-10 years of experience
• Design, build and maintain multiple complex software application technologies and their interaction with Telstra processes and systems
• Develop innovative software that maintains data/network security management, and leverage set processes to reduce the time between commission and production
• Authentically engage with and influence a multi-stakeholder landscape to translate customer needs into leading-edge software application products, services or systems that meet Telstra’s time, cost and quality standards
• Collaborate with team members and key stakeholders, seeking support, direction and buy-in to gather deep insights about the challenges and opportunities of our software application technologies and platforms
• Significantly contribute to continuous improvement initiatives of our systems and processes, to help define ‘best practice’ corporate testing standards and drive improved outcomes (e.g. productivity, customer experience and/or profitability)
• Lead initiatives or components of initiatives in line with the strategic direction of your team/mission, that have a significant degree of impact to the function or cross-functionally
• Take ownership of your own actions and decisions to drive positive outcomes within your team/mission, and provide guidance to more junior engineers in order to support their development and contribution to team/mission outcomes
Why join us?
The work is complex and challenging, but will put you at the forefront of technological change as it happens and offer you career experiences you won’t find anywhere else.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
To learn more about how we support our people, including accessibility adjustments we can provide you through the recruitment process, visit tel.st/thrive.
We believe it’s people who give purpose to our technology. So we’re committed to staying close to our customers and providing them the best experience.
And delivering the best tech.
On the best network.
Because our purpose is to build a connected future so everyone can thrive.
We build technology and content solutions that are simple and easy to use, including Australia’s largest and fastest national mobile network.
That’s why we strive to serve and know our customers better than anyone else – offering a choice of not just digital connection, but digital content as well.
And that’s why we have an international presence spanning 15 countries, including China.
In the 21st century, opportunity belongs to connected businesses, governments, communities and individuals.
As Australia’s leading telecommunications and information services company, Telstra is proud to be helping our customers improve the ways in which they live and work through connection.
·What You will do
● Create beautiful software experiences for our clients using design thinking, lean and agile methodology.
● Work on world-class software products using the latest cutting edge technologies and platforms.
● Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical culture.
● Work in collaborative, fast-paced and value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients.
● Help to grow the next generation of developers and have a positive impact on the industry.
● Experience: 4+ years.
● Hands-on development experience in backend, Java, SprintBoot, Hibernate, SQL, MongoDB, Jenkins, Microservices etc...
● Server-side development experience mainly in JAVA.
● Passion for software engineering and follow the best coding concepts. ● Good to great problem solving and communication skills.
● Experience in working with cross-border, distributed teams is a must.
Nice to have Qualifications
● Product and customer-centric mindset.
● Great OO skills, including design patterns.
● Experience with large-scale enterprise systems
B.Tech./ BE - Computer, IT, Electronics only
- 3+ year of experience in Development in JAVA technology and springboot
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Hands on experience on Relational Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem solving
Good to Have Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE tech stacks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
The product business has witnessed tremendous growth in last few years with a client base in almost all industries and a footprint across continents. A large credit for the same goes to our young, agile and highly talented engineering team which is continuously adding new features and driving innovations in terms of adopting latest technology best practices and making the product more scalable and stable.
In order to meet the expectations of our rapidly growing client base, we are looking for experienced geeks who will be part of the current product engineering team and help in making the products more scalable by implementing most advanced technologies. We are looking for people with keen interest and demonstrated expertise in Java development, clear focus on working in a product setup, and willingness to work in a start-up environment. With strong entrepreneurial culture at Channelplay and focus on performance-based growth, in terms of financials and career, it's a great opportunity for high performers.
For more details, you can also visit our website on: http://www.channelplay.in/
What's there for you :
- Competitive remuneration
- Quarterly incentive
- Great culture with friendly work environment
- Opportunity to work in AWS Technologies
- Opportunity to get AWS Certified.
Required Skills :
- Core Java (Mandatory)
- Spring boot (Mandatory)
- My SQL (Mandatory)
- Angular (Preferred)
- AWS Technology (Preferred)
- NoSQL - MongoDB (Preferred)
- Open sources - Redis/ Memcached/ RabbitMQ/ Kafka/ ELK (Preferred)
- Git (Preferred).
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Improving effectiveness and efficiency of the existing solutions by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes.
- Learning new and advanced technologies proactively and leading initiatives to implement those technologies in a collaborative manner.
- Acquiring new skills by studying state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques, and sharing the knowledge with the team.
- The Architect/ Lead Backend Engineer will handle the digital experience from inception to go-live model.
- The role holder is expected to create a vision and roadmap for the digital experience to provide best in class customer experience for each of the product solutions handled. The role holder will play a critical role in leading the innovation and growth of our front end web and mobile platforms.
- Must be from Good Companies and have been working on high Scale of Traffic
- Proficiency in engineering practices and writing high quality code, with expertise in either one of Java or Groovy or Go.
- 3+ years of experience building microservices.
- Strong experience in architecting and building distributed systems, scalability, and availability
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud/Azure
- Good understanding of RxJava or Actors framework
- Proficient with RDBMS
- Strong knowledge on data stores, database design, data modelling and SQL queries
- Extensive experience building and owning large- scale distributed backend systems
- Experience working with three or more of : Unix/Linux environments, Distributed and parallel systems, Workflow automation, CI/CD Platform development, Cloud platforms development e.g. AWS/GCP, Kubernetes/Container platforms based development
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Strong hands-on experience with Java; full-stack development
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
- Deploy and maintain Applications/Systems
- Work with other software engineers for one or more Agile scrum teams assigned to work on the project · Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues, and plans to technology leadership
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enhance team velocity · Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
- Estimate engineering work effort for the engineering team and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Drive a quality mindset within the team
- 2+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle experience
- 2+ years of experience working as a full-stack java developer
- 1+ years of web development with AngularJS
- Experience or familiarity with technologies such as WSDL, REST and/or SOAP web services, XML, JBoss, Adobe CQ5 DAM, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Hibernate, Spring.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
Talk about the role we are offering for Mulesoft and how we are considering trainable resources who are keen to learn and work on new technologies
We are looking for 1-8 years of experience in technical skills like Java, python etc and who will be willing to learn and move to mulesoft and related technologies
Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
Basic knowledge about mulesoft
Assist in translating business objectives into technical solutions through the use of MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
Coding, testing, debugging, implementing and documenting MuleSoft based flows and integrations
Apply integration design patterns such as message routing, content enrichment, batch processing, error handling and reconciliation mechanisms to deliver required functionality
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING
Learning and Certification
Best in Industry Salary
Health & Wellness Benefits
Employee Rewards Program
Retirement & Savings
Maternity & Paternity Leave