Orios Venture Partners is an Indian Seed Stage Venture Capital firm. Currently investing from our Fund II, with a focus on tech investments across consumer and B2B for the Indian market. We are 3 partners and a VP who leads investments.
Some of our well-known investments are Pharmeasy, Country Delight, LetsMD, BeatO, GoMechanic, Zupee.
The fund’s founding team are experienced investors since 2008, and pre Orios investments include OlaCabs, Druva, Faballey, Box8, Unbxd and Jigsee.
We are well known for trend spotting and our maxim is #BackingMisfits
Our strategy is invest in selected companies and work closely with them. As a consequence each investment lead works with no more than 4 to 6 companies at a time.
We are looking for a Senior Executive - Accounts & Finance responsible for-
+ Improvise and maintenance of accounts.
+ Owning and preparing matters related to working and compliance - Income Tax, GST and other Fund related matters
+ Supporting seniors in tax planning opportunities, new tax laws and structuring.
+ Maintaining of unitholder, investment register and undertaking routine Fund industry related calculations.
+ Update Tally on a regular basis.
+ Coordination and support in Finalization, Auditing, Valuation, etc of Fund, Fund Manager, as applicable.
+ MIS management in a timely manner for financial and business performance.
+Coordination and support team with auditors for half yearly audits, tax regulators, valuers, accounting regulators and regulatory bodies. Provide information to auditors, trustee, shareholders, bankers and other stakeholders on a timely basis.
+ Perform tests to check financial information and systems.
+ Work closely to improvise functioning of department and/or entities.
+ Ownership of documents in terms of maintaining files– physical and digital
+ Any additional, yet to be determined, responsibility shall be assigned.
Requirements: Attributes, Experience
+ CA inter cleared - with 4 to 6 Yrs experience.
+ Understanding of operational and strategic aspects of Tax, Compliance, Governance Framework and Accounting software preferably in a multi entity scenario.
+ Functional Area:Primarily Accounts, Finance, Income Tax, GST, Compliance. Computations, etc.
+ Detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated.
+ Team player with ability to work effectively in small groups.
+ Seeking a long and stable stint. This should ideally be their last stop as VC is a long reward industry.
About Orios Venture Partners
What is the role?
We are looking for an Assistant Manager with a proven work history in an established Startups.
What are we looking for?
An enthusiastic individual with the following skills. We are open to promising candidates who are passionate about their work and are team players.
- Expert in MIS & Annual plans
- Should have 5-8 years of experience
- Impeccable presentation skills
- Seamless in conducting board meetings notes & prep
- Data room handling
- Handling Investor questions & Discussion
- Market Analysis
- Internal Alignment of different Leaders to business plans
Who will you work with?
You will work with a top-notch Finance team.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts, yet maintain the quality of content, interact and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the comprehensive benefits that offers.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore, and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls and Compass.Company works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients in engaging and motivating their employees, sales teams, channel partners and consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. We assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable timeframe for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status
Qualification – Chartered Accountant CA / ACCA
Job Location: Chennai
Primary Job responsibilities
To be part of the Asia Pacific (APAC) Controllership team and to be responsible for the below activities:
Managing accounting and finance function for few entities of APAC region
Monitor and ensure compliance with local statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
Managing monthly and annual financial statement close by coordinating and interacting with
Finance Team in APAC locations
Ensure compliance with global accounting policies, including Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Preparation and presentation of financial statements of APAC entities under IFRS / applicable
Co-ordinate with auditors for completion of statutory audits within due dates
Periodic review of General ledger and ensuring compliance with global accounting policies as
per US GAAP and applicable local GAAPs.
Analytical Review of Monthly financial statements of APAC entities
Review of key processes and suggest process improvement opportunities to make the existing
To support accounting and finance integration of acquired companies, as required.
Co-ordinate with various teams viz., Tax, payroll, banking, AP etc., and to ensure appropriate
Support and service local finance teams, as required.
Well versed with Accounting technical knowledge especially in IFRS/USGAAP
Ability to build network quickly and create strong relationships
Pro-active and can-do attitude
Ability to prioritize tasks and ability to meet deadlines
Strong communication skill
Capable to work with people across diverse cultural background
⮚ Planning & executing Functional/ Departmental Audits
⮚ Planning & executing Concurrent Audits and ensure the process is streamlined
⮚ Providing “Early warning signal” to the Central Audit Head based on irregularities observed during the audit
⮚ Planning & execution of special audits, field audits on a need basis
⮚ To ensure that the audits are performed completed as per the audit schedule
⮚ Assisting in preparation of the annual calendar for audits and ensuring compliance to the same
⮚ Coordinate with the auditee department to discuss audit reports, obtain
clarifications, and close audits
⮚ Planning & executing follow-up audits to verify compliance to audit reports
⮚ Execute management consultancy assignments, as needed
⮚ Overall demonstrate competency in being conscience keeper & pulse-taker of business trends
⮚ Manage the team & monitor multiple ongoing assignments
Reporting & Documentation
⮚ Submitting quality & relevant Audit-Reports on time
⮚ Supervising proper audit documentation including working papers by team members
⮚ Timely reporting of incident reports, process/ policy gaps.
⮚ Identifying early warning signals of fraud with required proof
Education: Graduate/ Any other relevant professional certifications in the fields of accounting auditing
⮚ Work Experience: At least 5+ years experience in Audit, of which 2+ years experience in a managerial position
⮚ Computer Knowledge, good excel-spreadsheet analytics for audit proficiency
⮚ Audit proficiency in operating Accounting & ERP software
⮚ Numeracy and a strong aptitude for big data analyst
- Understanding customer requirements and analyzing cases in alignment with policies
- Working with the policy team to ensure the right risk parameters are captured and assessed
- Understanding industry and regulatory trends and their impact on customers to ensure the right decisions are taken
- Working closely with business functions to onboard the right set of customers.
- Working closely with operations to ensure that documentation and checks are put in place at various stages of the application lifecycle
- Developing industry-best practices and constantly striving to improve the same, basis market practices
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work experience of at least 3 years with CA/ MBA(preferred)
- 3-4 years of experience in handling credit risk assessment for unsecured business loans. Prior experience in the Lending domain, either with a Bank/ NBFC or a lending platform.
- Very good understanding of documentation related to lending pre-disbursement (mandatory)
- Experience in working on the lending business with a Bank, NBFC, or a platform (mandatory)
- Excellent understanding of industry trends and their impact on segments
- Setup basic credit underwriting processes and scale up the vertical
- Ability to assess customers' basic standard programs like Financials, Banking, etc.
- Proficient in MS Excel and the ability to bring out insights from data
at ESOP ezee
- IND AS & IFRS based ESOP Accounting & Disclosures for clients, quarterly as well as yearly.
- Perform Business valuation for clients from various industries using appropriate model.
- Fair valuation of Options using Black & Scholes Model & Binomial Model.
- Prepare report on valuations, accounting & disclosures.
- Tracking revenue and raising Invoice on completion of assignments
- Maintaining Dashboards and MIS of assignments for Management
- Co-ordinating with Technology team for Bug fixing, Customizations, new developments
- Co-ordinating with Operations team for procurement and understanding client’s MIS
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA our client is an online marketplace that offers high quality sustainable fashion at altogether low prices. It is a pioneer in the manufacturer to consumer (M2C) retail model where factories produce inventory on demand and ship directly to the customers, thereby eliminating environmental and financial wastages.
The company has raised $14.5 MM in seed funding and partners with over 30 manufacturers around the world and is founded by seasoned entrepreneurs and technology leaders who come from institutions like IIT Bombay and Stanford GSB.
As a Assistant Controller - Finance, you will be responsible for assisting the Financial Controller in overall accounting and finance function. You will help in building scalable and reliable accounting processes and valuable financial reporting for operational, business analytics and planning purposes. This role is a critical and strategic role and instrumental to the company’s success.
What you will do:
- Managing daily accounting activities and finance operations and developing plans for driving efficiency and automation
- Owning the financial close process and all associated activity to deliver accurate and timely results reporting to management
- Helping in building the accounting team and our financial infrastructure to support the company throughout our high-growth journey
- Serving as the key point of contact with our external auditors to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP
- Evaluating financial performance of company by comparing and analysing actual result with budgets/ forecasts
- Playing a key role in driving towards IPO readiness including S-1 preparations
- Developing the team’s capabilities across the range of sub-functions: general ledger, tax, treasury, payroll, accounts payable, financial reporting, audit and legal
- Ensuring consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the internal systems and financial controls, ensuring compliance with all tax and corporate requirements and filings
- Understanding and documenting reporting needs, collaborating on operational issues, developing creative solutions and providing business guidance and insight through financial reporting
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- Good problem solving skills
- Success in combining technology, data science into best-in-class financial outcomes
- Ability to make high-judgement decisions at rapid pace amidst the frequent ambiguity that comes with charting a course of action with no precedent
- Attention to detail
Our client is a unique hygiene products manufacturing and distribution company. They provide easy to use, portable and disposable items for women and babies that are required during travel or on a day-to-day basis.
Founded in 2014, this company aims to enhance the quality of life and make it easier for women across the country. Recommended by best of doctors, their products are available across wellness stores and e-commerce websites, and selling like hotcakes - having sold over 20000 packs in their first year itself.
As a Manager – Finance, you will be responsible for various activities under the spectrum of finance and providing insights on the financial health of the organization.
What you will do:
- Analyzing data with respect to Stock wastage/Inventory Holding Period
- Analyzing sales SKU/Customer wise and also analyzing division wise overheads/costs
- Being a part of and contributing towards Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Modeling and Financial forecasting/AOP
- Analyzing financial data and creating financial models for decision support
- Developing trends and projections for the organization’s finances
- Monitoring cash flow and thus recommending steps towards achieving optimization of costs
- Overseeing periodic financial reports and thus ensuring that the reported results comply with the financial reporting standards or the generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensuring compliances of International Export, FOREX and also compliances/modeling of unsecured funding
- Establishing internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation
- Being responsible for overall managing and supporting the company's consolidations and closing activities on-time and accurately
- Being a part of Internal Audits
- Ensuring compliance of Government rules and relevant laws & regulations
- Updating and maintaining relevant confidential financial data and reporting the same to the management in regular intervals
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- BCom graduate
- Relevant work experience of 4-7 years in finance
- Excellent knowledge in Finance Taxation, Auditing, Accounting and Tally
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Proficiency in advanced MS Excel
- Attention to details and accuracy is a must
The Assistant Finance Manager will play a vital role in improving and maintaining the financial standing of our companies. The ideal candidate will help determine financial strategy and policy, arranging the appropriate funding and managing financial risks in the organization.
The Assistant Manager Finance will ensure our companies have the cash and liquidity to meet its obligations, will be involved in securing credit from banks and other sources, tax, HR and compliance matters. He will be an official point of contact for all financial matters.
The Assistant Manager Finance is responsible for:
Establishing robust systems, processes, and controls, relating to finance interface with business operations.
- To monitor all financial activities of the company.
- Effectively interface with clients, area heads, vendors, statutory bodies and government officials.
- Preparation of ITR, tax audit related information and schedules.
- TDS and GST related compliances.
- Preparation of cash flow and trial balance
- Ensuring timely and accurate provisioning of expenses including detailed scrutiny of trial balance.
- To facilitate information in preparation of budgets & uploading the approved budgets into the system.
- Preparation and presentation of budgetary forecasts and short term / long term financial projections for management / consultants / clients.
- Preparation of MIS related information with proper and timely reconciliation of financial and management accounts.
- To demonstrate ability and skills to navigate the business through strong finance support and influence business decisions.
- Efficiently manage, working capital, inventory-holding period, average collection period and average payment period.
- Sound understanding of laws and statutory regulations pertaining to financial management, accounting, audit, compliance and taxation. Knowledge of rules and regulations framed.
- Manage payroll matters for Company, business units and subsidiaries;
- Managing daily cash flows;
- Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively;
- Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- Maintaining companies accounts system;
- Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors;
- Working with executives and business heads to prepare budgets and track profit / loss performance by business unit and on consolidated basis;
- Creating solutions to new financial challenges by applying financial/treasury knowledge;
- Liaising with other departments and business units on a range of issues;
- Providing advice on financial matters impacting on the company as a whole;
- Taking responsibility for, and supervising the work of, more junior members of staff;
- Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities;
- Arranging financial audits and reviews as required;
- Banking money and cheques received and issuing receipts as requested or needed;
- Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required;
- Payment of invoices and fees as required or otherwise instructed;
- Complete tax filings and dealing with matters relating to the IRD (Interest Rate Derivative);
- Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities
- Professional degree in finance or accounting plus 5+ years of progressively responsible finance or treasury experience
- Candidates with SME and/or startup experience preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Sound analytical skills
- Computer literacy including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with standard accounting software packages
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented and organized, Strong planning and prioritization abilities
- Must maintain confidentiality and discretion in all aspects and be comfortable with flexible working schedule to meet the needs of the Company and its executives