On the frontend, we use React for the views, organize the data flow with Flux architecture, and
test our application with Jest.
As a member of the engineering team, you will be developing our client and consumer facing
frontend with a strong focus on response time, stability and cross platform compatibility. You will owe
all aspects of our frontend architecture.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build awesome web experiences.
- Love to hustle and work in a fast pace environment
- Experience in js build tools like Bower, Npm, Grunt and Webpack
- Some experience in React js
- HTML, CSS3 and Responsive web design are compulsory
What you will get:
- Product ownership - take autonomy over core products & product features
- Be a part of early tech team
- Stock options
- Candidate must be from Any Engineering Graduate
- Candidate must have >8 Overall CGPA throughout the Academics
- Candidate must have Excellent Communication skills
- Candidate must be Hard working
- Candidate should be ready to work in Navi Mumbai, Mumbai (as of now we are doing WFH)
- Candidate must have Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Candidate must have an agile mind-set and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Candidate must be Good in analyzing and solving problems
- Micro service Architecture, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Ruby on Rails, ReactJs,
Nodejs, Jenkins, RabbitMQ, Flutter, Apache Kafka
- Our continuous releases are integrated with Jenkins, Bitbucket & Kubernetes. On the frontend, we use
React for the views, organize the data flow with Flux architecture, and test our application with RSpec.
- On the backend, we're a Rails shop (ROR) riding on AWS/GCP and Postgres RDS
Working Days: 5 (Saturday and all Sunday’s off).
About GoComet (www.gocomet.com)
GoComet - our Logistics Resource Management (LRM) SaaS platform leverages the combined power of data science and machine intelligence. It facilitates sharp reverse auctions bringing out the best possible end to end rates for shipments, saves time, optimises operations, and increases deal transparency and eﬃciencies for enterprises’ freight procurement processes.
Owing to our growing impact and potential, the Singapore Government (SGInnovate) is now backing us as an investor. Also, our global customers (including Fortune 500 Conglomerates) like Schaeﬄer, Glenmark, Sun Pharma, Polyplex, Indorama Ventures - trust, and recommend us.
Besides, we were also recently mentioned in the Gartner Visibility Guide.
• Strong command of ReactJS
destructuring, rest & spread, etc.)
• Strong command of modern CSS and HTML (examples: flexbox, grid, media queries, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with TypeScript on ReactJS projects is a bonus, but not required
• A good grip on Git
1. Determining the structure and design of web pages.
2. Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
3. Developing features to enhance the user experience.
4. Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones.
5. Building reusable code for future use.
6. Optimizing web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
7. Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages.
8. Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
Front End Developer Requirements:
1. Degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. Understanding of key design principles.
3. Proficiency with nodejs, react, redux.
4. Understanding of server-side rendering.
5. Good problem solving skills
Who We Are
DirectShifts is a marketplace for hospitals/employers to hire clinicians for short term gigs (think Upwork for healthcare). We are disrupting the recruiting space for freelance clinicians in the United States. Our founding team comprises serial entrepreneurs and we have offices in NYC and Bengaluru. We are well funded by premier healthcare investors in the United States and are a proud YC Summer 2019 startup.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be responsible for implementing ideas and mocks for our groundbreaking web app which is used daily by healthcare professionals (and internal users) - you will own the frontend development and building blocks that power our React universe.
We are big fans of focusing mainly on two things: 1) talk to users and 2) build product.
You will work closely with the founder and senior management across functions. This is a great opportunity to help healthcare systems & professionals become more efficient which directly helps them provide better care, improve outcomes and save more lives!
- 4+ years of work experience, primarily as a front end developer
- Strong UX sense and ability to think like your user
- React and Redux experience
- Experience with REST APIs
- High ownership at all stages of product development - from conception to maintenance
- Adaptability - learn new technologies as and when needed
- Good communication skills to get your point across
- Experience with material UI & Figma
- Experience/knowledge of charting frameworks like D3.js
More about us
DirectShifts connects healthcare workers with employers for short term clinical
work (in-person/telemedicine). We have been called the “Uber of healthcare
workers and employers”. At heart we are fast growing technology company
bridging the gap in staffing for employers to enable. We work with leading
employers such as Mount Sinai, Northwell health, Walmart etc.
We are funded by world leading investors such as YCombinator (first investor of Airbnb, Dropbox etc), Soma Capital (owners of Sacramento Kings), Signalfire, PeakState ventures, Medstartr Ventures etc.
Named top 10 healthcare startups.
Why join DirectShifts?
If you want a front-row seat in seeing a company disrupt a massive industry and you love the idea of helping improving healthcare in the United States by ensuring every patient has easy access to healthcare workers, this is your place.
At DirectShifts, everyone has a voice to create change and move the needle. No hierarchy, no bureaucracy, no politics, no BS...just real people working on solving real problems.
Your key responsibilities will be converting PSD/Figma into HTML/CSS. You will also be responsible for writing clean, semantic front end code - HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Java Script.
If your profile has selected then you have to attend a 3 hours assignment to move your candidature to the final round of interview.
Responsibilities for UI Developer
- Seek to enhance the user experience by creating seamless navigation through various digital programs and interfaces within the company
- Use coding to develop the aesthetics implemented within a website or product, from the layout menus and drop-down options to colors and fonts
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones to encourage cooperation and teamwork
- Develop overall concepts for improving the user experience within a business webpage or product, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and convenient for customers
- Collaborate with back-end web developers and programmers to improve usability
Qualifications for UI Developer
- 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI development
- Detailed experience with coding and the ability to troubleshoot and analyze websites using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
- Continued education and research into UI development trends and current design strategy and technology
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize code for the best possible outcome
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop
● Take end to end ownership of products.
● You're able to work with Product Managers, Designers and call out things upfront
from an engineering perspective.
● Always keeps end customers in mind while building the solutions.
● Always takes a step forward towards code quality and better approaches instead
of quick and short term implementations in terms of hacks.
● Zeal to learn and make an impact.
● You should be solving for problems and not reasons.
● Able to drive problem statements from design to implementation.
● Open to give and take feedbacks.
● Should be able to work independently with little or no hand holding.
● It'll be a bonus if you've worked with GraphQL.
● You're an engineer by heart and not just a developer.
● You're innovative and able to pitch ideas to your colleagues.
● You're not hesitant to come up with solutions.
● You care about product as if its your own.
● You're able to communicate well.
● You love hanging out.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and integrating UI
components using React.js, hooks, typescript, ES6 and redux.
Should be good in unit testing library like react testing library/enzyme and jest
coding skills, and a good understanding of the integration of REST services.
Experience/Knowledge with node.js, express.js, mongodb and mongoose will be an added advantage.
Preferably with 3 to 5 year
- Experience in developing mobile front end web solutions.
- Should have strong debugging skills on Developer Tools of the browser and Working with Cross Browser UI
- Familiarity with CSS latest properties animations resizing and responsive design.
- Should have experience in Agile Software Development projects
- Should have knowledge on experience on Java, Web services using REST /SOAP over JSON is a plus
- Good to have hands on experience in testing tools like Jasmine / Karma
- Build responsive web-pages
- Possess good knowledge in front-end performance tuning.
- Understands how to use the page speed tool and tackle on issue based on its suggestions.
- Consume REST API's provided by the backend team