Role – Sr Front End Engineer
Here are some things we'd like to see in every candidate.
You must have experience designing and building large and complex systems, and you should be able to do so in about one-third the time that most competent people think possible.
You should have an engineering degree in Computer Science or the equivalent. Top-notch communication skills are essential. Expect talented, motivated, intense and interesting co-workers.
Experience: 4-8 years in software development experience.
• Work with product, design, and engineering to create beautiful, simple user interfaces that our users love and our editors can depend on.
• Collaborate and produce consistently clean, performant, maintainable code.
• Build responsive web applications and reusable JS components.
• Create tests using frameworks like karma / mocha / phantomJS.
• Author CSS using BEM methodologies with CSS preprocessing tools such as the Stylus language.
• Integrate, consume, and create services needed to improve Vice’s fast-paced editorial work pipeline.
Skills & Requirements:
• 4-8 years of professional development experience
• Experience with NPM and web pack to build and distribute JS modules across multiple applications and code bases.
• Pixel perfect attention to detail with an eye for user experience. CSS3 Animation mastery a plus.
• Familiarity with AWS and building large scalable web experiences.
• Experience utilizing reactive JS frameworks like ReactJS.
• Experience with agile software development and best practices.
• Strong time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Proficiency working on a fast-paced team, with product owners, designers, and other developers.
• Ability to work autonomously and comfortably on features from start to finish.