The Database Developer will perform day-to-day database management, maintenance and troubleshooting by providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for diverse platforms including, but not limited to, MS SQL, Azure SQL, MySQL,
PostgreSQL and Amazon Redshift.
They are responsible for maintaining functional/technical support documentation
and operational documentation as well as reporting on performance metrics associated with job activity and platform
Must adhere to SLAs pertaining to data movement and provide evidence and supporting documentation for incidents that violate those SLAs.
Other responsibilities include API development and integrations via Azure
Functions, C# or Python.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Advanced problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Advanced T-SQL scripting skills
• Query optimization and performance tuning familiarity with traces, execution plans and server
• SSIS package development and support
• PowerShell scripting
• Report visualization via SSRS, Power BI and/or Jupityr Nootbook
• Maintain functional/technical support documentation
• Maintain operational documentation specific to automated jobs and job steps
• Develop, implement and support user defined stored procedures, functions and (indexed) views
• Monitor database activities and provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 production support
• Provide functional and technical support to ensure performance, operation and stability of
• Manage data ingress and egress
• Track issue and/or project deliverables in Jira
• Assist in RDBMS patching, upgrades and enhancements
• Prepare database reports for managers as needed
• API integrations and development
• Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science
• Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or higher
• Working knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL and/or Amazon Redshift
• C# and/or Python
• No Supervisory Responsibility/No Budget Responsibility
Level of Authority to Make Decisions
The Database Developers expedite issue resolution pursuant to the functional/technical documentation available.
Issue escalation is at their discretion and should result in additional functional/technical documentation for future
However, individual problem solving, decision making and performance tuning will constitute 75% of their time.
What we are looking for:
=> Bachelors/Masters degree in Computers/IT or equivalent.
=> 5-8 years of relevant experience in web development.
=> Strong PHP, MySQL & Codeigniter (MVC Framework) hands-on experience (at least 12-15 projects).
=> Database schema design and query optimization.
=> AWS hands-on experience with EC2, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, code deploy, etc.
=> Experience with e-commerce platforms, payment gateways will be a big advantage, especially on content-heavy platforms.
=> Hands-on experience and a good understanding of GIT Commands.
=> Good to have experience with the RESTful API.
=> Ability to decipher and write complex database queries for analysis and optimization.
=> Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
=> Understanding of scalability issues and their solutions.
=> Need to be articulate with a good degree of written & oral communication skills.
=> Exposure to UI/UX would be a added value.
=> We are looking for an immediate joiner (within 15 days or less).
=> This role may include night shifts.
Head Office: Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Work Location: Work From Home
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Shift & Timming: Regular (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) / Night (08:00 PM to 05:00 AM)
Working Hours: 9 Hrs
The product business has witnessed tremendous growth in last few years with a client base in almost all industries and a footprint across continents. A large credit for the same goes to our young, agile and highly talented engineering team which is continuously adding new features and driving innovations in terms of adopting latest technology best practices and making the product more scalable and stable.
In order to meet the expectations of our rapidly growing client base, we are looking for experienced geeks who will be part of the current product engineering team and help in making the products more scalable by implementing most advanced technologies. We are looking for people with keen interest and demonstrated expertise in Java development, clear focus on working in a product setup, and willingness to work in a start-up environment. With strong entrepreneurial culture at Channelplay and focus on performance-based growth, in terms of financials and career, it's a great opportunity for high performers.
For more details, you can also visit our website on: http://www.channelplay.in/
What's there for you :
- Competitive remuneration
- Quarterly incentive
- Great culture with friendly work environment
- Opportunity to work in AWS Technologies
- Opportunity to get AWS Certified.
Required Skills :
- Core Java (Mandatory)
- Spring boot (Mandatory)
- My SQL (Mandatory)
- Angular (Preferred)
- AWS Technology (Preferred)
- NoSQL - MongoDB (Preferred)
- Open sources - Redis/ Memcached/ RabbitMQ/ Kafka/ ELK (Preferred)
- Git (Preferred).
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Developing software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Improving effectiveness and efficiency of the existing solutions by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes.
- Learning new and advanced technologies proactively and leading initiatives to implement those technologies in a collaborative manner.
- Acquiring new skills by studying state-of-the-art development tools and programming techniques, and sharing the knowledge with the team.
- Hands-on non-academic experience From 4 to 5 years as a .NET Developer or Application Developer
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Good Understanding with the ASP.NET framework,VB.NET , VC#.NET, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. MVC)
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Basic Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Database: SQL Server, SSIS & SSRS (will be a plus)
- Great understanding, Debugging and problem-solving skills.
We are looking for developers who are passionate about Python and know what are the benefits of python well.
- Design & implement new software modules based on the product requirements
- Debug existing software components, fix issues, and avoid regressions
- Be proactive, take ownership, and be accountable
- Familiar with Test Drive Development.
- Participate in software architecture, design discussions, and code reviews
Technologies we’re hiring for:
- Developed HTTP based REST APIs and implemented Authentication, Caching
- Worked with relational and NoSQL databases and aware of concepts like ORM, Migrations
- Languages & Frameworks: Python Django/Flask
- Database: Postgres/ Mongo
- Must have worked in a Unix/Linux based environment
- Advanced middleware like RabbitMQ, Celery Beat is definitely a plus.
Minimum 3+ year hands-on experience in Python needed
DEVELOPER: INR 4,00,000 - INR 8,00,000 PER ANNUM
SR. DEVELOPER: INR 5,00,000 - INR 12,00,000 PER ANNUM
TECHNICAL ARCHITECT: INR 9,00,000 - INR 20,00,000 PER ANNUM
SR. TECHNICAL ARCHITECT: INR 14,00,000 - INR 30,00,000 PER ANNUM
● Good working knowledge on Core PHP
● Strong knowledge of MVC Framework and knowledge of Laravel.
● Strong knowledge of MySQL databases & OOPS concepts.
● Strong knowledge of ORM and query builder.
● Knowledge of queue scheduling and task scheduling.
● Strong knowledge of Artisan commands.
● Hands on experience of service providers and create new service providers in the
application when needed.
● Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
● Build efficient, testable, and reusable modules.
● Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
● Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development
● Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
● Create and maintain software documentation.
● Knowledge of Rest APIs.
● Knowledge of the payment gateway integration (PayPal, PayUMoney, CC Avenue etc.)
● Good knowledge of wallet integration (Paytm, Phone-Pe, Amazon) etc.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git is mandatory
● Ability to debug the code and resolve the issues.
Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Participate in the full lifecycle of the projects.
Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Assist in troubleshooting any production issues.
Working within an existing code base and also writing code from scratch.
Good team player -collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Commitment to meet corporate goals and tight deadlines.
framework, database, MySQL, Laravel Framework, Rest APIs, 3rd party tool integration, OOPs
WordPress Solution Developer in India in our Solutions Implementation team will
provide technical leadership and hands-on development for multiple simultaneous
projects and also Technical Leadership around Web Development domain.
This role is based out of Bangalore, India.
Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with Wordpress,
MySQL, JQuery, CSS3 & HTML5.
Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery in Wordpress.
Manage a delivery team to ensure timely, accurate and high quality customer
Own all major and minor project releases for the Solutions Implementation team.
Conduct peer-reviews and lead reviews and provide feedback in Website
Advising on and coordinating team’s technical activities.
Identifying and owning architectural and other technically based risk, escalating as appropriate
Ensuring the non-functional requirements are achievable and subsequently met
Ensuring adherence to appropriate standards of technical best practice
Controlling the technical configuration of the solution
Managing technical aspects of the transition of the solution into live use
Resolving technical differences between technical team members
Hands-on experience with Wordpress, JQuery, CSS3, HTML5 & MySQL,.
Good to know PSD Conversion to HTML
Team handling Experience
Experience in Responsive Web Design and Cross Browser Implementation
Leadership & Management:
● Managing and technically leading the project team
● Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan
● Monitoring project progress and performance
● Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with Word Press,
CSS3, HTML5, JQuery, PSD Conversion to HTML
● Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery
● Imbibe and represent our culture, core values and ensure the behavior and feedback
is cascaded through the organization
● Provide feedback to the leadership team by demonstrating understanding of
business, markets, and industry trends and needs
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant fields
3+ years of experience in a role of a Web Developer at technology and product
Experience of working in a global distributed development model
Track record of delivering high performance products
Domain – digital – HR domain, E-commerce, marketing, social, mobile, Web