Job Description :
We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our Software Development team in Gurgaon.
At Zunpulse, you can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions and work on complex
challenges by utilizing skills in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming. You
will be part of the team that develops state-of-the-art products which aim at helping millions of
- Must have worked on Spring, Spring boot framework
- Strong Java developer skills
- Should have strong knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Should be well versed with Agile Development methodologies
- Prior experience in handling backend
- Should have strong debugging and communication skill
- Microservices experience would be a plus
- Built backend for Android, iOS applications in past
- Well versed with AWS deployments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in SQL or Mongo Database
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Write clean reusable code
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Electronics or equivalent.
• Graduated in 2020/21 having 1-2 years of industrial experience
Spring boot, Java, Flask, Python, Data Structures, Algorithms, Basic knowledge of AWS/GCP
What we offer
● Growth-oriented culture
● Limitless learning opportunities by working with cutting edge tech stacks and with a
diverse and talented team
● Excellent compensation with competitive benefits
● Flexible work environment
● A chance to make an impact on our business strategy using your work
Zunpulse is India's leading smart electricity brand. Backed by Godrej, we are a 150+ member
engineering team led by co-founders from IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi & IIT Kanpur. We have developed
the largest range of IoT and AI-enabled smart home products with one single offering in mind
#phonesekarocontrol. Founded in June 2016, we have impacted 1,00,000 + homes to date.
Customers are looking for comfort, convenience, and security, all of which zunpulse provides with a
single app, to provide it all with a hyper-personalized experience. With the zunpulse app, the team is
creating a new way for the customers to manage their lives while keeping them cool, fun, and trendy.
With an all-around IoT tech solution, zunpulse is set to create a future smart home suite that can
transform how you live and interact with your home.
To know more about us refer:
6-8 yrs experience
Fully Remote position
Max compensation - 45 LPA per annum (Full in hand)
- Design, implement and maintain software to the demanding standards of a real time, highly concurrent distributed system.
- Working in conjunction with the rest of the development team, you will architect and build highly performant, scalable and extensible external APIs
- Collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders, at all levels, to continuously improve our product in a measured data-driven approach
- Learn quickly, adapt, and invent based on changing company needs and priorities
- Contribute to code reviews, tech talks, innovation drives and patents
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Bachelors in a computer science or other equivalent field
- Proficiency in deploying production systems using a major programming language like Java, Python, NodeJS or similar
- Excellent command over object oriented design and system design
- Experience building distributed systems and scaling them with high availability
- Ability to exercise autonomy rather than needing detailed direction and proactively get things done
- Experience in customer facing software development
- Proficiency building unit and performance tests to ensure reliability and scalability
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (ML) models, Natural Language Processing or Deep Learning is a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP is a plus
Why work with us
- A small collaborative and excited team
- We value autonomy, allowing you to choose the configuration that makes you most productive
- Able to work remotely anywhere in Indian Standard Time
- Continuous learning and up-skill opportunities
- We love ideas, innovation and experiments!
- Competitive salary
Excellent Java development skills using J2EE, J2SE, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Java, Spring, Springboot, Hibernate, Microservices, Webservices, Extensive experience designing, developing RESTful APIs, coding experience with either Java/J2EE/Spring, Good SQL knowledge
Required experience in Core Java, Spring, Springboot, Hibernate, Microservices, rest services
Able to understand SDLC process, Extensive experience designing and, developing RESTful APIs, Extensive coding experience with either Java/J2EE/Spring
Qualification Any Graduate
Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
with server-side logic
Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and
Implementation of security and data protection
Integration of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks
Good understanding of server-side templating languages
Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
Understanding accessibility and security compliance
User authentication and authorization between multiple systems,
servers, and environments
Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as
mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific
Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Who We are
At e6data (https://e6data.io) we’re building core algorithms that makes querying 25 - 200X more performant (i.e. faster and/or cheaper) than every other analytics platform in the world. This results in billions of dollars of value unlocked across faster analytics, savings on compute / infra, and new use cases becoming possible.
Our core team has 100+ years of combined experience and 10+ patents across diverse but complementary disciplines like real time databases, time series databases, SQL OLAP engines, distributed computing platforms, stream processing, and log analytics. Two of the founding team are second time founders with past exits.
We are passionate about solving the deepest and most important problems in computer science, and believe in making our technology available to customers regardless of their location, size, or budget. Our vision is for e6data to power every analytical workload in the world - regardless of deployment scenario (cloud, on-premise, edge), across every use case (end user queries, ETL / data pipelines), and every latency requirement (batch, streaming / real time).
What you'll do?
- Write awesome code
- The focus will be on performance of our data platform
- Identify tactical and long-term product improvements (could be code, script, etc.)
- Responsible for Planning and executing Metadata and Governance tool supports
- Build our internal Data Platform using exdata
- Adding scalable functionality to the system for new features like UDF's, sql functions etc
What are we looking for?
- Worked with Python for a minimum of 2 years
- Well versed with Django REST framework
- Knowledge of document based data stores like MongoDB
- Strong team player
- A passion for continuous learning and growth (both at a personal and team level)
- Experience (or enjoys) working in a startup will be an added advantage
- 3+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Node.Js
- Expertise in Database modeling, preferably relational DB, spotting DB bottlenecks, and writing optimized DB queries.
- Expertise in common Cloud technologies, AWS/GCP Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: NoSQL (especially, but not only Redis), Queueing system experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Good stakeholder management skills, with an ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- It is good to have knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker and related deployment technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient, and high-quality code.
- Design (LLD & HLD) and architect technical solutions for the business problems of a large-scale system.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- We believe leadership comes through ownership and so we love people who take ownership of their work and lead by example
Developer (SQL & Python) -
Required Technical Skills
- At least 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- Experience in Python is a must
- Experience working with relational/non-relational databases and understanding of storage technologies (like MySQL, Sybase, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Cassandra or HBase)
- Experience / Familiarity with Database Modelling, Normalization techniques
- Experience / Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
- Ability to trouble shoot and fix performance issues across the codebase and database queries
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Azure DevOps
- Experience with Agile development concepts and related tools
- Ability to trouble shoot and fix performance issues across the codebase and database queries
- Experience with Python frameworks utilizing Asyncio
- Experience working with large volumes of time series data and building services, APIs and applications based of it
- Experience in designing multi-tier application architecture and distributed caching solutions
- Experience with Perl
- ETL background in any language or tools
- Experience with cloud technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack and Kafka
- Experience with web technologies like Angular 2+ (or React/Vue), TypeScript, RxJS
- Experience with Go
Should have Punctuality.
Ready to work from office.
Ready to relocate to Gurgaon.
Nice to have: python
Must frameworks and technologies: Springboot, kafka, MQTT, docker/kubernetes, REST APIs
Persistence layer: MongoDB, Elastic Search, Any GraphDB (Neo4j/Arango), SQL, HBase
Must have: Exposure in large scale architecture (Concept of queues, micro services, functional programming)
Must have: Strong Data structure and design principles
Expert in developing Node.js applications, Strong understanding of NPM and modular application development skills building, Proficiency and hands-on experience with Node.js, Express, Sockets, MongoDB/Elasticsearch/Redis/MySQL, Apache Kafka/Google PubSub, Experience of working in MEAN Stack is a plus)