We celebrate diversity, embrace a data-driven culture, and deeply encourage professional development through classes, certifications, and conferences. The reciprocity of sharing knowledge and growth with each other, our clients, and partners is a foundation we live by. Employees at Shyftlabs enjoy unlimited paid time off, 11 paid holidays, comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits, and profit-sharing.
- Design, implement and operate stable, scalable, low-cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake and into end-user-facing applications.
- Design automated processes for in-depth analysis databases.
- Design automated data control processes.
- Collaborate with the software development team to build and test the designed solutions.
- Learn, publish, analyze and improve management information dashboards, operational business metrics decks, and key performance indicators.
- Improve tools, and processes, scale existing solutions, and create new solutions as required based on stakeholder needs.
- Provide in-depth analysis to management with the support of accounting, finance, and transportation teams.
- Perform monthly variance analysis and identify risks & opportunities.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience in SQL
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 4+ years of industry experience
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby)
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (Redshift, S3, EC2, Glue)
- Expertise with Data modeling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
- Experience with Snowflake