Network Administrator Job Brief
We are looking forward to hiring a network administrator who is highly efficient regarding the given responsibilities. The hired candidates will have to manage the daily operations of all our computer networks. Moreover, they will be given the charge of overseeing digital security while performing maintenance. This is only to ensure that the system is operating at its full potential and capacity.
The hired network administrator is also tasked with installing software and hardware whenever necessary. A network administrator can only be accepted as potential candidates if they possess the necessary skills. Most importantly, they must have a bachelor’s degree in either computer science or IT. On the other hand, a strong understanding of network infrastructure will make a network administrator successful.
Meanwhile, the professional must have the ability to administer and troubleshoot network devices as and when required. Basically, an ideal candidate must be capable of deploying, configuring, maintaining, and monitoring active network equipment. This is significantly done to ensure a smooth network operation.
Network Administrator Responsibilities
Listed here are the job responsibilities of a network administrator:
- Proficiently install software and hardware.
- Efficiently access the network and computer system requirements of a company or organization.
- Significantly oversee digital security.
- Make upgrades and repairs as and where required.
- Collect, gather, and analyze data for optimizing performance effectively.
- Perform maintenance only to ensure that all systems are functional and operating.
- Train users to use software and hardware with great proficiency.
- Onboard the users to the network.
- Oversee both wide area network and local area network.
- Troubleshoot issues that are persisting within the system.
- Install and integrate completely new applications and server hardware.
- Support and administer all third-party applications.
- Resolve all the problems which the end user has reported.
- Research and make recommendations on the server system administration.
- Proficiently set up user accounts, passwords, and permissions.
- Define network policies and procedures with excellent efficiency.
Network Administrator Requirements
Listed here are the job requirements of a network administrator:
- Has strong understanding and knowledge of computer network infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or any other related field of study.
- Carry proper knowledge regarding application transport and protocols of network infrastructure.
- The capability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot the devices within the network infrastructure.
- Has the ability to learn technologies and products quickly by using internet resources and documentation.
- Ability to create network diagrams and documentation for planning and designing network communication systems.
- The ability to think through significant problems, thereby visualizing solutions.
- The capability of working with IT staff at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
- Equipped with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.