Database Developer Job Brief
We are looking for a Database Developer to design, develop, and maintain our databases. The Database Developer will work closely with our Database Administrator and application developers to ensure that the data is stored efficiently and securely.
He or she will also be responsible for writing SQL code and developing stored procedures and triggers. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of Database Management Systems and experience with various programming languages.
In addition, he or she should be able to work effectively in a team environment and have excellent communication skills.
Database Developer Responsibilities
- Research and suggest new database technologies that can improve the performance of our systems.
- Design, develop, and maintain databases.
- Optimize database performance by tuning queries and indexes.
- Ensure database security by setting up user permissions and auditing data access.
- Write SQL code to query data or create stored procedures and triggers.
- Develop ETL processes to load data into databases from external sources.
- Generate reports from databases for various stakeholders within the organization.
- Maintain documentation of database design, development, and maintenance activities.
- Ensure all database programs meet organizational compliance and performance requirements.
- Provide data management support to users, clients, and the workforce.
- Develop training and technical manuals.
- Identify new features and gather user requirements.
- Collaborate with developers to improve application scalability.
- Provide 24/365 support for mission-critical systems.
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions.
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems.
- Perform tests and audits regularly to ensure data integrity.
Database Developer Requirements
- Designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Optimizing and maintaining legacy systems.
- Identifying bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Performing unit testing and debugging.
- Documenting database changes.
- Coordinating with teams to integrate systems.
- Providing technical support to junior members of the team.
- Create and use SQL patches.
- Improves Application layout and data updates.
- Process tasks precisely and promptly.
- Always pay close attention to the details.
- Install, optimize, use, and update DBMS configurations regularly.
- Support and enlighten application developers.
- Assemble, arrange, and provide statistical data internally and externally.