CRM Developer Job Brief
We are in need of a CRM Developer who can review continuous integration, fix failures and build status. The candidate must perform testing to confirm the application execution. They must also know how to detect all the software deficiencies that are not covered through automated testing.
He/she must review all the ongoing software operations and must troubleshoot all the production-related problems. They must actively participate in team ceremonies, ask all the clarifying questions on user stories, and offer estimates.
Furthermore, he/she should clearly interact with all the regular activities and must escalate problems to the product department or team. The candidate should also communicate the status of all the user works and stories with the product owner or the manager to drive the story closure.
They should also know how to coach and guide all the software engineers and associated software engineers when it comes to product teams. They must organize all the team learning events and reflect on the execution of the past iteration.
CRM Developer Responsibilities
- Must act as a technical professional on all the CRM projects [migration, customizations, implementations, etc.
- Must be ready to take responsibility for more than one aspect of a particular project, which includes complex to simple customization, backend/UI development, etc.
- The candidate should know how to take care of data standardization, configuration, and support.
- He/she needs to be detail oriented, must prioritize numerous demands, and can multi-task within a fast-paced setting.
- As a CRM developer, the candidate should communicate with the enterprise architecture, suppliers, business intelligence, and application development regularly.
- Has experience in Dynamics CRM Development.
- Should be an expert in MSSQL Server, NET, and C Sharp.
- Knows how to handle pressure and can deliver all projects before hitting the deadline.
- Has hands-on experience in assisting with portals, related customizations, architecting Microsoft Dynamics CRM system, and reports back to model the customers.
- Carries the experience in building screens, Dynamic CRM forms along with views. He/she must also have experience in reports and workflows around the client requirements for an interface.
- Must understand the requirements of the customers before taking up any projects.
- The candidate must also keep the clients updated with the progress of the project and deliver it within the given timeframe.
CRM Developer Requirements
There are different types of CRM developers, each with their own specific job requirements. Here are the most common CRM developer job requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Experience with CRM software development, including experience with at least one major CRM platform such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, or Oracle Siebel.
- Knowledge of the key concepts and technologies involved in CRM development, such as database design, data mining, and web application development.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility and adaptability, especially in response to changing project requirements or deadlines.