Senior Web Developer Job Brief
We seek a Senior Web Developer responsible for managing the data interchange between the server and the users translating the actual code that will build the app's visual components from the UI/UX layout wireframes. You will also work with the team members to maintain, expand, and scale our site.
A successful candidate must be able to translate our company’s vision into reality. We are looking for someone proactive who takes ownership of their projects and has a can-do attitude. If you are a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and an eye for detail, you should apply for this role immediately.
Senior Web Developer Responsibilities
Mentioned below are the significant roles and responsibilities of a senior web developer:
- Actively participate in the software development cycle, including the development of high-quality and stable code, unit testing, code reviews, integration testing, and documentation.
- Engage with the team in active problem-solving to identify technical roadblocks and recommend solutions that can improve the direction of our technology stack.
- Understand business objectives and user needs to come up with technical solutions that are both effective and efficient.
- Work closely with other developers, designers, and stakeholders to ensure that all features are implemented as per specifications.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in web technologies and keep abreast of emerging trends.
- Help junior developers in their understanding of the codebase and mentor them on best practices.
- Handle technical escalations and provide a quick resolution to production issues.
Senior Web Developer Requirements
A senior web developer must fulfill these requirements:
- Degree in computer science, IT, or a related field.
- 3 to 5 yrs of web development expertise.
- Knowledge of content management systems in practice.
- Knowledge of diagnostic & wireframe tools.
- Management and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding research and customer service.
- Willingness to put in extra time as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and effective interpersonal abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of HTML/CSS.
An experienced and technically sound individual, a Senior Web Developer can effectively help create, maintain and improve websites. They are also adept at problem-solving and working with other departments to complete tasks efficiently and on time. A Senior Web Developer will work independently with little supervision and collaborate effectively with other team members.