DataStage Developer Job Brief
We are looking for a DataStage developer responsible for developing and managing ETL processes. Your primary focus will be the development of DataStage jobs and related scripts. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues with existing jobs. In this role, you should have a background in data analysis and be able to work independently with little supervision.
Ideally, you will also have experience with database programming (e.g., SQL) and job scheduling tools (e.g., Control-M).
DataStage Developer Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain DataStage ETL jobs according to specifications.
- Optimize existing DataStage jobs for performance.
- Reviewing job designs and code created by other DataStage developers.
- Troubleshoot DataStage job failures and provide root cause analysis.
- Work with the development team to ensure that all DataStage jobs adhere to company standards and best practices.
- Provide support for production DataStage jobs as needed.
- Develop new DataStage jobs to load data into the data warehouse.
- Test DataStage jobs for accuracy and performance.
- Deploy DataStage jobs to production environments.
- Monitor DataStage job execution and troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Maintain documentation for all developed jobs.
- Provide support for ongoing data loads and issue resolution.
- Helping project leaders with project timeframes and objectives.
DataStage Developer Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in information system, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in DataStage development and administration.
- Experience with ETL tools such as DataStage, Informatica, Ab Initio, or Oracle ETL.
- Strong SQL skills and other relevant coding languages.
- Experience with Hadoop is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expert in DataStage solution conception, design, and deployment.
- Outstanding analytical & problem-solving abilities.
- The capacity to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.