Who is a React Native Developer? A Quick Glance
A React Native developer uses the React Native framework in order to build apps that can be rendered on iOS and Android operating systems. Further, a React Native developer may also apply the components of the React Native user interface to an existing application.
How to Hire React Native Developer
Hire React Native developer on the basis of their technical skills, academic background and experience. A React Native developer needs to have knowledge of React Native framework and mobile user interface. Also, assess the soft skills of the developer while hiring. Interact with the potential hire to understand their React Native skills and other abilities better.
Points to Keep In Mind Before You Hire React Native Developer
Scope of project: Before you begin the hiring process, be clear about the scope of the project and your needs. Assess whether you need to build apps from scratch or improve them. Having a clear picture of what role you may have for the React Native developer is a good first step.
Industry match: If you wish to hire React Native developer to cater to clients in a certain sector, hire accordingly. For instance, the needs of healthcare clients may be different from those of clients in the fashion industry. Developers may need to build user interfaces on the basis of the target audience.
Understand role: Businesses need to be aware of the range of tasks a React Native developer can perform. For example, a React Native developer may need to optimise performance of apps and be aware of different libraries and databases.
Awareness about trends: Keep yourself updated about the trends in the world of mobile app development. This helps you hire the right developers who can deliver apps that are cutting-edge.
Some trends include: Emergence of IoT: Internet of Things (IoT) technology is a big trend in app development. A cross-platform framework such as React Native is well suited for developing an IoT app.
Augmented reality: This is a big trend, with AR elements to create an interactive experience. Developers can use the ViroReact library to build React Native AR apps.
Blockchain: The use of blockchain technology has caught on and will be the tech of the future. A React Native developer can use the framework to build blockchain-based apps.
Skills To Look For When You Hire Top React Native Developer
Knowledge of React Native and experience working on it is preferable.
Skills in Android and iOS development are good to have. Understanding of languages like Swift or Objective-C for iOS and Kotlin or Java for Android may be needed.
Apart from these React Native skills, look for a developer who has the ability to write clean code.
Steps to Hire React Native Developer
- The first step is to have a clear job description outlining roles and responsibilities.
- Assess the React Native skills of the developer. Pose appropriate questions to understand the developer’s level of understanding.
- Evaluate the experience of the candidate to decide if they are a good fit.
- Judge the candidate’s communication skills.
How to Identify a Reliable and Experienced React Native Developer
- Ask for references from former employers and colleagues to assess the developer’s ability to solve problems.
- Also, find out more about the candidate’s leadership qualities and ability to work in a team.
- Time management is a good measure of reliability. Assess the React Native developer’s ability to meet deadlines.
- Further, ask the candidate about their vision for the project and any suggestions. Understand their creative drive and ability to think out of the box.
- If you are satisfied with all the above aspects, then you may begin the process of hiring.