What is Azure and What Does an Azure Developer Do?
Cloud computing platforms and services are now a must-have for most businesses. As a result, organisations have begun to rely on platforms that deliver IT-related resources over the Internet. This means that businesses don’t have to buy or own servers and data centres. Cloud computing platforms offer storage, servers and databases. One such widely used cloud computing platform is Azure offered by Microsoft.
An Azure developer is a tech professional who can create web applications on the cloud platform, apart from testing and hosting them. Furthermore, Azure developers are capable of creating virtual machines and hard drives. Therefore, it’s a good idea to hire Azure developers if you are looking at taking your business to the cloud and ensuring smooth workflows.
How to Hire Azure Developer?
Along with an assessment of the skills of the Azure developer, make sure that the developer is also aware of the industry your business is in. Checking if the Azure developer is a fit for your sector helps you hire the right developer.
What Should You Keep in Mind Before Hiring an Azure Developer
Before you begin screening the candidates, ask yourself if they are a match for your industry. Also, you should understand why you are hiring one. Azure is used in a range of industries like retail, finance, manufacturing and healthcare. It helps to understand what your business or industry needs from the Azure suite.
Find out what kind of project knowledge the Azure developer has. Screen the candidates for the specific roles, for instance, do you need to develop an app? Then, you may need to hire an Azure developer who is skilled in using the platform as a service (PaaS). If your business needs a software as a service (SaaS) tool like Azure DevOps for automating and managing software development, you would need to hire a developer with knowledge of the same.
Keep yourself aware of the latest trends in Azure so you are in a better position to screen candidates and ask them the right questions for the role. For instance, some big Azure trends include the Internet of Things (IoT) cloud computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). Learn if the candidates have a pulse on the trends and are willing to explore further.
Skills To Consider When You Hire Top Azure Developers
- Azure certification: there are many certifications available so having at least a couple of them is preferable.
- Experience in developing Azure-based cloud applications for at least three years.
- Proven ability to solve problems; also the expertise required for building, managing and deploying apps.
- Because Azure has a range of services and features, the top Azure developers need to know which service to use when.
What are the Steps You Need to Take to Hire Azure Developer?
- Firstly, assess the scope of your project, and what kind of developers you need.
- Next, screen candidates on the basis of Azure certifications, programming knowledge, experience handling similar projects in the past.
- Check for the potential Azure developer’s communication skills and ability to collaborate with other teams.
- Assess the problem-solving ability of the candidate by posing Azure related questions.
- Further, check for the developer’s ability to innovate and keep themselves of upcoming trends in the cloud computing space.
How to Identify Reliable and Experienced Azure Developers?
If you are looking to hire experienced Azure developers, you should:
Get work samples/portfolio of the developer to assess their past work based on problem-solving ability.
Also, look for out-of-the-box ideas in their past work.
Further, get testimonials or references from the candidate’s past employers or team members in order to judge the kind of impact they have made in the past.
Find out if the Azure developer has good time management skills by looking at past deadlines and their ability to meet them. Meeting deadlines not only saves time but also costs for the business.
While assessing the candidate’s resume for all these above aspects, also find out if they have been in a leadership role and how they handled the same.
Once you have checked for all these factors, you may begin the process to hire an Azure developer for your business.