ABOUT US :
QuickSell is a mobile commerce platform designed completely from the ground up to cater to emerging markets and SMBs. Thousands of businesses are choosing QuickSell over platforms built by billion $ companies, due to our simple and mobile-friendly user experience. We provide technological infrastructure for manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers who using their phones can manage their products in the cloud, showcase them easily to customers over WhatsApp, and other digital channels and start booking orders without the headache of creating and maintain their own e-commerce stores.
QuickSell reaches its vast user base via an ever-increasing list of supported platforms including native Android and iOS apps, and desktop web applications.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Designs and codes features for the iOS application as per the specifications provided by the Product and Design teams.
- Write unit tests for all features.
- Ships feature fast-moving agile sprints.
- Works closely with API, Product Design, and Product Management teams to brainstorm and chalk out details of features.
Must have :
- Good understanding of Swift & cocoa, and the development cycle of native applications for smartphones and tablets for the iPhone and iPad.
- Extensive knowledge in Data structures, Algorithms, ORM, and Design Patterns
- Experience with App Store Release management, Debugging apps.
- Experience Firebase real-time database, Realm DB for offline storage.
- Multi-threading, RxSwift experience, Creating Custom UIs, Complex UX effects.
OVERVIEW OF REACH52 AND OUR WORK
reach52 (R52) is a fast growing, social enterprise start-up working to bring sustainable, universal basic healthcare services to users in low-access, developing regions. We do this through an innovative service model, an off-line technology platform and embedding support within communities to help residents access care, knowledge and other services we deliver.
Our mission is divided in to two parts: community access, navigation and healthcare support on the one side; and ultra-low-cost fill-in services to sustain the solution on the other. This allows core healthcare services and treatments to reach further into communities where state of the art services don’t always get to. Our fill-in services allow treatments for life threatening conditions to be accessed reliably and with continuity, so minimising the risk of relapse or crippling financial problems. At the current time our income comes from grant funding and the value of our data services. This, together with other funding streams, provides a sustainable solution so that the services become embedded in the communities we serve.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
In 2019, reach52 was been awarded funding from a major bank to grow into India. We would like tohire a highly motivated Junior Software Engineer to support the designing and delivery of enterprise solutions, applications and integrations in India. India is a new market for us, and we are rapidly expanding our userbase and need to continue to build our portfolio of integrated applications that work in a challenging, off-line environment. We currently use document databases to replicate data between a master and the off-line applications. We have extended workflows that mean our processes flow through Java/Kotlin applications on android and through web technologies depending on the access channel. We support interactions with communities, commercial, logistics and police offices. We need extend our support for internationalisation and localisation and to integrate external services such as local payment options to our commercial applications, together with access to data from third parties. The role will involve the continuing development of a cross application technology solution with emphasis on cost and productivity and existing investment. The candidate should be able to work well with the dev team based in Manila, Philippines.
Title: Junior Software Developer
Employment: Full time contract with probation period
Start Date: Mar 2020
Reporting to: CTO
ROLE SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The core role scope and responsibilities will be:
• Understand and analyze user requirements and defects;
• Design and develop R52’s existing Java/Kotlin-based applications;
• Work on new development projects;
• Work with users and stakeholders to scope out new requirements;
• Work as part of a distributed team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong communication skills;
• 2-4 years software development experience;
• A selection of the following and be prepared to assess and learn new techniques appropriate to system redevelopment:
o Cloud platforms
o Proficient with Java / Kotlin / Python / Elixir
o NoSQL databases and replication
o Commercially secure communications
o Website / API security
o Application integration
o Design of off-line services
o Containerisation (Docker)
o Release Management and Deployment (Kubernetes)
• Knowledge of healthcare systems and/or technology is a strong advantage;
• Strong team working skills, ability to work to deadlines, and flexibility to work as part of a small but-growing team in a dynamic way.