- Understand target audience persona
- Ability to convert requirements into a learning game outline, plot, game mechanics and storyline.
- Develop dynamic characters and grahics
- Create the rules of the game
- Conduct play testing to test the game concept
- Develop user interface concepts (menus and controls)
- Generate the Game Design Document (GDD)
- Develop and test early prototypes
- Define the user experience
- Work with programmers to design the back end of the game
- Produce sound effects, dialogue, musical score, sound mix and sound edit
- Manage quality assurance testing, and follow up on feedback
About Zeus Learning
Zeus Learning is a learning technology solutions provider that focuses on the North American and European educational markets, working with several organizations, from the largest publishers to small nonprofits, over the last 19 years. At Zeus Learning, we leverage leading-edge technology and inclusive design to transform the way learning experiences are created.
Our team of 300+ understands the rigorous demands of the changing educational landscape. We believe that a solution is out there and that by keeping focused on the people we’re designing for and asking the right questions, we’ll get there together. Our line of products and services include Learning Management Systems, Assessment Management & TEI Systems, Software Skills Simulation Systems, Virtual Classrooms, Learning Portals and Websites, Mobile Apps, as well as interactive content such as learning games and explorations.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for our mobile hits. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console department of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As our Graphic Designer on the Creative Services team in the PC / Console publishing department you’ll be making graphics, logos and other imagery to help with the marketing, awareness and promotion of our games.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make eye catching graphics to showcase Kwalee’s PC and Console games”
What you will really be doing
- Creating dynamic and static graphics for our released, and upcoming PC and Console games;
- Iterating on designs, assets, layouts, etc, in response to PCC team members, testing, developer feedback or external consumer feedback;
- Strategising, conceptualising and designing imagery for campaigns with other PCC department team members.
- Executing imaginative, appealing projects with great attention to detail and to deadlines.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented teams are our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse company, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- 2 plus years of experience as a Graphic Designer making digital artwork / graphics;
- Experience using Photoshop, other Adobe products;;
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work collaboratively and positively with other PCC dept team members;
- A keen eye for layout, design, typography and colour;
- Ability to create eye-catching, engaging, visual designs for our marketing materials and campaigns;
- Capacity to manage multiple projects at once and deliver to deadlines in a fast-paced, creative team;
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, able to give and receive constructive feedback;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Passion for PC and console games a plus.
Desirable/ a plus
- Expertise with Maya, Unity, AfterEffects, etc.
- Animation experience.
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance;
- Creative Wednesdays!(get a chance to suggest games every Wednesday);
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays;
- Hybrid working model available depending on the department and the role;
- Relocation support available;
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours;
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards;
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Games2win World :
Games2win is a leading global mobile games publisher. Our games have over 400 million downloads and are played by over 15 million monthly active players. We take pride in building our own Intellectual Property (IP) and using the strength of our consumer love to market our games! That’s why most of our downloads are generated without advertising support or paid installations.
A few of our global hit titles are Driving Academy, Decisions, International Fashion Stylist, and many more.
To learn more about us, visit https://games2winmedia.com/company-profile/
Based in: Mumbai / Remote
As a UI/UX Artist, you will be working on the overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production, you propose solutions to translate game design requirements into usable and memorable graphical user interfaces
What do you need to do? (Role and Responsibilities)
- You will work closely with the Product Managers and Game Designers to create clean, clutter-free, user-centric, trendy and easy to understand user interfaces (UI) for mobile games.
- You need to be dedicated to researching and playing hundreds of mobile games to understand best practices in the Industry.
- Work on the UI design (Flows, Menus and HUDs) as per requirements.
- Explore and create high fidelity mockups and then the individual graphical elements needed for mobile screens, including iconography.
- Create wireframes or modify existing screen flows based on design specifications or feedback.
- Apply and maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the UI.
- Ability to make design decisions and take on design problems independently, present and sell design concepts.
Who could you be? Background and Experience:
- You should have a background in graphic design/interaction design/HCI related areas. You should have at least 4-5 years of experience in mobile games/apps.
- At least shipped 5 apps/games as an UI/UX Artist.
- You are proficient with prototyping tools such as Axure, Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or other software for creating flowcharts, wireframes and Final UI Design mock-ups.
- Hands-on experience or knowledge of Unity 3D is a plus.
- Strong foundational graphic design skills (colour theory, composition, typography etc).
- Possess an excellent understanding of visual design principles, style guidelines, design processes, and creative workflow.
- Bring art to life while improving the UX with visuals.
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism and critique with a focus on improving quality
- Team player with a great attitude & love for mobile games
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, interaction design, or equivalent industry experience in the design field.