Technical Support Engineer – Elastic Stack
Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, headquartered in Singapore. We enable digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting, and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises in the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, NGINX, Sysdig, Redis Labs, Confluent, and HashiCorp as their key partners in the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
· Be the First point of contact for support queries
· Be responsible for solving customer queries and tickets in timely manner.
· Communicate with customer and internal team regarding problems reported and solved status in timely and effective manner.
· Log monitoring, event monitoring and resolving tickets in defined SLA.
· Apply updates and patches to keep the software up-to-date in line with organizational policies
· Provide support for installation and configuration.
· Monitor and identify areas of performance improvement
· Identify and write scripts for automating support tasks.
· Communicate effectively internally and with product support team to reproduce, resolve support cases and document them.
· Hands-On experience and skills in Linux operating system
· Knowledge of ELK stack or relevant technologies such as SolaR, Splunk etc.
· Good understanding of Indices Mapping , Index management such as archiving, reindexing, sharding etc.
· Good understanding of Analytical data structure and experience in deployment of same in the form of Reports and Dashboards
· Hands-On experience of Linux operating system
· Experience in NoSQL or RDBMS technology is desirable
· Python/Node.js or relevant data processing programming experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of Designing and Developing data pipeline using ETL tool such as Elastic Stack.
· Knowledge of real-time data collection with various data sources.
Experience in deploying scalable Elastic cluster is desirable
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· 2 -4 years of experience in technical support role.
· At least 2+ years experience working across multi-cultural and geographically distributed teams
· Experience in trouble shooting, maintaining and supporting production setup
· Engineering or equivalent degree
· Ability to interact effectively with customers for problem resolution.
· Sense of urgency and ownership to get problems solved in timely manner
· Attention to details.
· Ability to work on multiple tickets/ support cases effectively and to be able to manage the time critical tasks.
Experience: Minimum 2 yrs
Package: upto 8 LPA
What is the role?
You will be responsible for building and maintaining highly scalable data infrastructure for our cloud-hosted SAAS product. You will work closely with the Product Managers and Technical team to define and implement data pipelines for customer-facing and internal reports.
- Understanding of the business process and requirements thoroughly and convert them to the reports.
- Should be able to suggest the right way to the users of the reports.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions.
What are we looking for?
An enthusiastic individual with the following skills. Please do not hesitate to apply if you do not match all of it. We are open to promising candidates who are passionate about their work and are team players.
- Education - BE/MCA or equivalent
- Good experience in working on the performance side of the reports.
- Expert level knowlege of querying in any RDBMS and preferrably in Redshift or Postgress
- Expert level knowledge of Datawarehousing concepts
- Advanced level scripting to create calculated fields, sets, parameters, etc
- Degree in mathematics, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- 5-7 years of exclusive experience Tableau and Dataware house.
Whom will you work with?
You will work with a top-notch tech team, working closely with the CTO and product team.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts, yet maintain the quality on content, interact and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls and Compass. Works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients in engaging and motivating their employees, sales teams, channel partners or consumers for better business results.
A network of the world's best developers - full-time, long-term remote software jobs with better compensation and career growth. We enable our clients to accelerate their Cloud Offering, and Capitalize on Cloud. We have our own IOT/AI platform and we provide professional services on that platform to build custom clouds for their IOT devices. We also build mobile apps, run 24x7 devops/site reliability engineering for our clients.
You will be working on AI/IOT cloud and responsible for architecture and ensuring the aspects such as fault tolerance and scalability. You will lead the troubleshooting of the cloud. We need someone who can engage in conversations about detailed technical architecture with an internal team and external customers. You will be responsible for creating architecture documents, explaining design, troubleshooting, reviewing work by others in the team, giving good guidance, and ensuring functional cloud. We are looking for a can do it attitude, and ability to deliver with high velocity and high-quality at the same time.
We use MQTT, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, MongDB, CloudFlare and backend components to build APIs. You will be working on our IOT/AI cloud platform and building/architecting/coding as well as leading other technical engineers in a team.
The primary programming language should be Python or ReactJS or NodeJS and one of them as secondary.
This person MUST have:
- BE Computer Science, MCA or equivalent
- Cloud app development experience
- Strong Troubleshooting/Debugging experience
- Expert in RabbitMQ internals
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL databases
- Strong communication skills
- experience with software build and devops
- strong in programming
- experience with Cassandra
This person’s RESPONSIBILITY will be to:
- understand full arch
- understand every workflow and logs
- can fix bugs by his hands
- able to troubleshoot in cloud
- able to fix and deploy
- able to see database contents
- Min 5 year experience
- Not more than 15 year experience.
- Startup experience is a must.
- Remotely, anywhere in India
- 40 hours a week but with 4 hours a day overlapping with client timezone. Typically clients are in California PST Timezone.
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12 PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other incentives etc.
- We dont believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here because you love the company. We have only a 15 days notice period.
• Debugging dropped packets, whether at the network, NIC, OS, or application layers
• Troubleshooting kernel panics and system hangs
• Analyzing performance issues
• Fine-tuning processes to run with the least jitter
• Directing support for our continuously active servers, lines, and low-latency network
• Installing, configuring, and deploying fully-distributed Red Hat Linux systems
• Taking a role in researching, testing, recommending, implementing, and maintaining cutting- edge, ultra low-latency systems and network technologies
• Participating in an on-call rotation
• Deploy, monitor, and configure a complex suite of trading applications
The two fundamental aspects of the Support Engineer are:
- Be the voice of the users
- Do everything you can to help resolve the user's issue
This involves taking often challenging technical issues from the customer via phone or email and doing everything that is necessary to resolve the issue quickly and professionally. You will be expected to handle all Level 1-3 issues and your day will have a mix of all kinds of different support requests. This position works with users to determine and resolve their issues with CK-12 products that include web and mobile applications. This position focuses on utilizing exceptional customer service skills along with technical skills and expertise to resolve application issues.
This position interacts with customers, partners and internal staff. The role requires coordination and support between CK-12's end users, internal staff, and external partners to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues. This position is responsible for resolving issues that may involve short turnaround times and challenging customer interactions. Support Engineers must be able to maintain a professional attitude and composure throughout all situations. Requires written documentation of customer communications in a support ticketing system.
Technical Support Responsibilities:
- A customer oriented mindset to be the advocate for each and every user
- Provide support to end users including troubleshooting, diagnosing, resolving, and documenting issues
- Address user account issues, such as password resets, account reactivation, login issues etc
- Maintain a user facing knowledge base, including authoring and updating help center articles
- Manage multiple cases at one time
- Support the roll-out of new releases
- Communicate issues to engineering and QA, and work with these teams to troubleshoot technical issues
- Provide timely and accurate reports on customer feedback to management and product teams
Technical Support Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience and/or certifications
- Minimum three years of experience in user/customer support or a similar role
- Proficiency in Chrome, Windows and Mac OS
- Ability to use browser debugging console and inspector
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Zendesk Support and Zendesk Guide or equivalent ticketing system
- Proficiency with BugZilla or issue tracking system
- Knowledge about web applications, standard web user behaviors and interactions
- Familiarity with Education Technology including Learning Management Systems such as Canvas, Schoology and Google Classroom is a definite plus
Senior Software Engineer - Data Team
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with hands-on experience and build scalable, extensible data solutions, identifying and addressing performance bottlenecks, collaborating with other team members, and implementing best practices for data engineering. Our engineering process is fully agile, and has a really fast release cycle - which keeps our environment very energetic and fun.
What you'll do:
Design and development of scalable applications.
Work with Product Management teams to get maximum value out of existing data.
Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to the software system.
Ensure high scalability and performance
You will advocate for good, clean, well documented and performing code; follow standards and best practices.
We'd love for you to have:
Education: Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science.
Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience in BI/DW with hands-on coding experience.
Strong in problem-solving
Strong experience with Big Data technologies, Hive, Hadoop, Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Spark
Strong experience with orchestration framework like Apache oozie, Airflow
Strong experience of Data Engineering
Strong experience with Database and Data Warehousing technologies and ability to understand complex design, system architecture
Experience with the full software development lifecycle, design, develop, review, debug, document, and deliver (especially in a multi-location organization)
Good knowledge of Java
Experience with Python
Experience with reporting tools like Tableau, QlikView
Experience of Git and CI-CD pipeline
Awareness of cloud platform ex:- AWS
Excellent communication skills with team members, Business owners, across teams
Be able to work in a challenging, dynamic environment and meet tight deadlines
Experience level: Minimum 10 years
This role would be leading the DBA teams of multiple experience level DBAs for a mix of – Teradata, Oracle and SQL.
Minimum 10 years of relevant Database and Datawarehouse experience.
Hands on experience of administrating Teradata.
Leading the performance analysis, capacity planning and supporting the batchops and users with their jobs.
Drive implementation of standards and best practices to optimize database utilization and availability.
Hands on with AWS Cloud infrastructure services such as EC2, S3 and network services.
Proficient in Linux system administration relevant to Teradata management.
Teradata Specific (Mandatory)
Manage and Operate 24x7 production as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of system resources.
Responsible for operational activities of a Database Administrator such as System monitoring, User Management, Space Management, Troubleshooting, and Batch/user support.
Perform DBA related tasks in key areas of Performance Management & Reporting, workload management using TASM.
Manage Production/Development databases in areas like Capacity Planning, Performance Monitoring & Tuning, Strategies Defined for Backup/Recovery Techniques, Space/ User/ Security management along With Problem determination and resolution.
Experience with Teradata Workload management & monitoring and query optimization.
Expertise with system monitoring using viewpoint and logs.
Proficient in analysing the performance and optimizing at different levels.
Ability to create advanced system-level capacity reports as well as root cause analysis.
Oracle Specific (Optional)
Database Administration Installation of Oracle software on Unix/Linux platform.
Database Lifecycle Management - Database creation, setup decommissioning.
Database event alert monitoring, space management, user management.
Database upgrades migrations, cloning.
Database backup restore recovery using RMAN.
Setup and maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
Proficient in Standby and Data Guard technology.
Hands on with the OEM CC.
- Teradata Vantage Certified Administrator
About the job:
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer as a Tech-Cofounder who is comfortable with both front and back-end programming. You will be responsible for developing & designing a project/product from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bridge functional abilities and other company's resources to improve efficiency.
- Additionally, ensure collaboration between workers is easier and optimizes the company's inside IT processes/infrastructure.
- Developing the product vision.
- Designing user interactions on web pages. Selecting a technology stack, designing the application architecture, setting up a scalable cloud-based infrastructure (as well as choosing the cloud service provider), and testing the application.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality. Make sure that the company's data is protected.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Responsible for developing a minimum viable product (MVP) in the shortest time possible.
- Ensuring responsiveness of app
- Conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Strong visualization to thoughtfully process business needs and mitigate those under core functionalities of the application.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with Product Management experience is desirable.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Nodejs.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL and MongoDB.
- Good problem-solving & leadership skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A flawless executor with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Building cross-platform hybrid applications
- Experience and knowledge in developing Ecommerce applications and video streaming.
- Experience in MERN stack is a plus
- Experience in deploying production ready codes
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Previous working experience is not mandatory as long as you know how to build & move the ship.
- Act as a bridge between the L1 Support team and the Engineering team
- Second level troubleshooting of the issues raised by L1 agents
- When required escalate tickets with product/engineering team for the same, and connect with the relevant stakeholders to get them to closure
- Work with the Product team to prioritise the issues
- Work with upstream providers to prioritise concerns and get a closure on the same
- Reduce the overall time to resolve for tickets raised as bugs
- Work with CSMs and Product team to help prioritise the feature requests raised by the customers
- Identify repeated problems, and opportunity for technological resolution to avoid future tickets with same concerns
- Review the solutions documentation from technical standpoint and keep it up to date
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in IT Industry preferably working in a customer facing role, preferably with international customers
- Expertise in finding creative solutions to effectively address customer concerns
- Proficient to ensure customer issues are resolved in the most timely and effective manner possible
- Demonstrable ability to handle various tasks or projects with changing priorities.
- Familiarity with support systems like Intercom, Zendesk etc.
- Understanding about CRMs and why businesses use them. Past experience of working with a CRM is a plus
and executing test cases, defect reporting/verification on web based application.
Qualifications: BCA / MCA / M.Sc IT / B.E. / B.Tech / M.E. / M. Tech (Preferably in Computer Science)
from a reputed institute.
The role involves requirement understanding, script development and test across different
platforms using PowerShell and Shell script for Vulnerability detection
Along with Script development, you will be responsible for provisioning test machines on
Primary goals would be to create highly reliable scripts which basically works on all the
o 2-6 years of experience with scripting/programming language like Powershell/Shell
o Experience on version controlling systems like Git
o Strong understanding on Linux and Windows
o Strong verbal and written communication skills
o Good to have knowledge of Kotlin programming language
o Good to have understanding of different cloud providers like AWS/Azure
o Experience on Kotlin programming language