Technical Delivery Manager
12 – 14 Years of industry experience with 2 – 4 years in delivery/development management
Graduate or Post Graduate in Engineering / Computer Science
Do you prefer to get speeding tickets or parking tickets?
Because at Cogoport we are speeding ahead to do something remarkable for the world. We are trying to solve the Trade Knowledge and Execution Gap, which is currently widening and preventing trade to the tune of $3.4 trillion annually. This Gap has enormous economic as well as human impact and disproportionately hits small and medium businesses globally.
The team at Cogoport is working on developing a new category, the Global Trade Platform, that helps companies discover and connect with appropriate trade partners, optimize shipping and logistics options and costs, and improve cash management and cash flow.
Cogoport is currently in hypergrowth mode. We are proud to have been named an Asia-Pacific High-Growth Company by the Financial Times and an Indian Growth Champion by the Economic Times. We are aiming to reach an annualized revenue of $1 billion (7700 Crores INR) by this summer and are hiring over 500 additional employees. We are currently hiring in Mumbai, Gurgaon, Chennai and Bangalore.
Cogoport Culture: We have two core values at Cogoport—Intrapreneurship and Customer-centricity. If you share these values and are a hard worker who is willing to take risks (and occasionally get a speeding ticket), you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions with Cogoport.
Life at Cogoport :It’s rare to be able to join a company that can give you the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see your ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the smartest engineers and commercial specialists in India and the Asia Pacific Region.
With huge growth and the right entrepreneurial mindset, comes huge opportunities! So, wherever you join us, you’ll be able to dream, deliver better and brighter solutions, and speed ahead with the possibility to propel your career forward in endless directions as our company continues to grow and expand.
For more insights about the company: https://cogoport.com/about
International Trade can be complicated at times and every day brings new challenges and opportunities to learn. When we simplify international trade, it empowers and affects every human being on the face of this earth. Seven billion people - one common problem.
As a part of the Talent team at Cogoport, you will get an opportunity to be a part of an industry-wide revolution in the world of shipping and logistics by collaborating with other brilliant minds to resolve real world on-ground challenges. You will have a direct impact on the revenue and profitability growth for the organization.
Areas of Impact for you
- Ownership of product delivery, devops, cybersecurity, performance, impeccable software quality, and configuration.
- Hands-on management with deep-dive into the details of software design, implementation and debugging.
- Attract, hire, retain, motivate and mentor the team..
- Guide your teams in developing roadmaps and systems to drive product growth, then identify, plan, and execute projects to support that growth.
- Leadership role in the driving technical architecture, specifically leveraging micro-services.
- Manage multiple projects across a wide breadth of technologies, coordinate dependencies, and interactions with the internal teams and external partners.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from across functions to keep the development team in sync with all functions and overall business objectives.
- Set up, create and manage strong best practices/architecture to ensure reliable, secure, bug-free, and performant software is released on-time.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science with 8-10 years of total work experience in a software product company with at least 3-4 years of experience in managing projects and leading teams.
- Experience owning highly-available and scalable software systems
- Strong technical background with proven record of individual technical accomplishments
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments.
- Demonstrated negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of team dynamics, have the ability to inspire highly-talented engineers and develop team-level leaders
- Experience with Agile development.
Cogoport is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and respected at work.
Looking for a results-driven Agile Engineering Project Manager to join our team of innate problem solvers. As an engineering expert with an agile mindset, you plan, solve the unexpected, and always innovating new ways to exceed expectation. This role requires individual who is able to empower and motivate the teams in order to bring about successful change.
This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to join an international global organization with a ‘start-up’ mentality. We highly value Openness, Collaboration, Learning Mindset, and partnering with our customers to drive Positive Outcome.
- MUST - SAFe Agile Certification and experience delivering in a SAFe environment
- Good knowledge in SaaS product and evolving trends
- Strong - hands on- project management experience from inception to closure phases
- Technical business analysis experience in consulting and digital transformation solution
- Hands-on technical expertise
- Appetite to learn fast in a changing environment
Skills / Competencies
- 3+ years of Agile product/project management experience in delivering digital or technology-based solutions
- 5+ years of experience developing applications using Java, Spring Boot, REST Micro Services and Cloud Technologies
- 2 or more engagements as a lead (scrum master, product owner, Kanban lead, etc.) on delivery or consulting projects / product based on Scrum/ Kanban framework
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for smarten Spaces community that helps them succeed in their business goals
- Partner with Agile leadership, other delivery leads, Product Owner and other internal / external stakeholders to drive effective adoption of best practices, deployment of processes, methodologies and tools, execution of ceremonies and to drive continuous improvement on delivery engagements
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instil best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Software Development experience; experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
- A product mindset for owning the set-up of the end to end delivery process and tools
- Leading multiple projects with revenue, quality and timeline accountability
- Proven in delivering enterprise programs and comfortable working with a remote regional team
- Highly proficient in scope (requirements)/ backlog management, quality management and risks and issues management
- Experience of delivering one or more fixed time, fixed price or SLA based managed services engagements
- Should have experience of leading all Agile ceremonies
- Proficient in delivery and quality metrics, burn down charts, progress and status reporting
- Ability to challenge scope / requirements and review non-technical deliverables such as user documentation, estimates, etc
- Knowledge of 2 or more effort and cost estimation methodologies/ frameworks
- Ability to align the team on the organizational and (or) product vision and lead them to realise stated business outcomes.
- Desire to work in fast paced environment along with project and time management skills
- Good attitude toward work and Strong problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a group
- Should have a clear thinking process
- Should be able to manage a team
- Should have a learning agility
- 5 to 8 years of hands-on technical experience using Java, Spring Boot, REST Micro Services
- 3 to 5 years of Agile product/project management experience
- BE / B Tech or equivalent from any recognized university
- SAFe Agilist or SAFe PO/PM Certification
• Expertise in spearheading IT projects and ensuring delivery of projects in compliance to the Cost, Schedule, Scope and Quality parameters.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
• Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ability to Ensure resource availability and allocation to accomplish objectives.
• Handle multiple clients at the same time and working is a dynamic environment
• Discuss with business customer or client to define project scope, requirements and deliverables
• Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include business requirements, project features, current system integration and documentation, business process, development of implementation plans.
• Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
• Develop Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
• Define communication plan for all stakeholders, get buy-in for status report format and communicate on defined frequency.
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
• Coordinate and integrates project activities, lead the team.
• Track project performance using appropriate KPIs, metrics, tools, and techniques.
• Solve team conflicts and problem, take corrective actions when problem arises.
• Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
• Thorough working knowledge of the SDLC/Agilemodels/methodologies/, HR systems (like SAP, Oracle, etc.)and their direct implementation to projects.
• Strong project management skills with software development projects
• Ability to apply common, object-oriented modelling techniques, including UML, use case, activity and sequence diagrams.
• Experience with requirements management, use case and modelling tools.
• Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
• Must have 7+ years of total experience and at least 3-4 years of Project Management Experience
• Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma is a plus
• PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
6+ years of experience in project management large and medium sized engagements
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with team members, provide project management expertise and leadership in the execution of complex software projects.
- Accountable and responsible for managing and reporting project schedule, cost, quality, human resources, communication, risk and procurement for the project.
- Consistently apply the defined project management standards and methodologies defined by the organization to assigned projects. Establish project management principles, processes, and artefacts as necessary.
- Drive appropriate organizational change influencing stakeholders as required to ensure the successful program/project execution.
- Ensure appropriate involvement of all stakeholders on the project as necessary
- Plan and direct schedules, monitor budget/spending, resource allocation and utilization for the project from initiation through closure.
- Manage project schedule and budgets – Track project metrics data (e.g., completed and in-progress work, schedule and cost variances, resource health, risks and issues etc.) and other project specific information and regularly communicate it to the project stakeholders
- Report progress and health of the project and incorporate feedback from all stakeholders
- Manage project communications and meetings (Daily Stand-Up Meetings, Project Reviews, AdHoc Requests)
- Proactively manage or project risks, action items, issue resolutions, key decisions and stakeholder feedback
- Understand dependencies and organize the activities ensuring successful completion of the project
- Communicate regularly with the project sponsor and the team
- Proactively identify and manage risks and issues pertaining to the project.
- Ensure project governance practices are in place to monitor and control the project
- PMP or similar certification with good understanding of project management and methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid decision making and prioritization skills
- Good understanding of budgeting, estimation, and project financial management
- Experience of working in shared resources environment with teams based across different time zones
- Knowledge of MS Project for overall project tracking, Jira for tracking agile development and SharePoint as collaboration tool
- Bachelors degree
As an APM at Squareboat, you'll have endless opportunities to execute on roadmaps spanning
multiple web and mobile products with a young, smart, and passionate team of developers and designers.
● Act as the day-to-day APM for 8-10 active client projects, exhibiting ownership over all
client meetings, written status updates, demos, and iterative scope / expectation
● Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of projects
working with customers on a daily basis
● Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
● Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant
stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
● Ensure resource availability and allocation
● Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
● Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using
appropriate verification techniques
● Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
● Report and escalate to management as needed
● Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
● Meet with customers to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of
● Delegate project tasks based on team members’ individual strengths, skill sets and
● Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of projects
● Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with customers as well as other
members in the team
● Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
What we are looking for:
● Well versed with SDLC, Agile methodologies and modern day technologies such as PHP,
React, Flutter, Node, AWS, Cloud architectures etc.
● Good overall understanding of design, software development, testing, deployments etc.
● Excellent written and verbal client-facing and internal communication skills
● Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
● 1+ Years of Experience required.
Experience: 8+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ahmedabad
Technical project manager act as the primary point of contact for our clients. You will ensure teams are successful in their delivery through proven technical and interpersonal abilities. In this role, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and ensure top-quality results from the team.
What we offer
- Open, positive, and learning culture surrounded with tech-savvy and helpful colleagues with a growth mindset
- Best-in-industry salary standards
- 5 days work week
- Family health insurance cover
- No politics and value-driven culture
- Occasional Work From Home even in non-COVID19 times
- Contribute to large scale distributed systems used by fortune 100 companies
- 4+ years of development experience (preferably Java)
- 2+ years of experience in Agile project management (or a scrum master) and leading development and QA teams
- Experience working with off-shore clients (US/EU) with strong knowledge of Agile & SCRUM processes
- Provide effective mentoring & coaching on technical, soft skills, and process aspects to the team
- People orientated approach to leadership that keeps the team motivated and focused on the goals
- Strong communication and management skills with the ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems
- Hands-on approach to technical problem solving and debugging
- Proactive and inherent nature of working with ownership
Good to have
- Performance optimization experience with SQL
- Experience with ElasticSearch/Solr, NOSQL, messaging system
- Prior experience working as a tech lead, team lead or software architect
Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively participating in client calls for requirement grooming and designing
- Participate in design discussions with fellow team members and client
- Present groomed tickets and design to team members for design discussion
- Lead Scrum meetings and provide team support during sprint planning and execution.
- Ensure project processes (e.g. code reviews, QA, deployment reviews) are followed religiously
- Identify individual and team strength and improvement areas
- Build strong rapport with team members to understand them deeply at the individual level
- Set quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) for individuals
- Conduct performance review meetings
- Mentor junior team members, level them up and inspire to deliver extraordinary impact together
- Improve software development operations by proactively finding gaps in processes
- Build a trusting relationship with customers and teams
- Negotiate and get buy-in of sprint scope from customers & team
- Come up with pragmatic solutions to improve software quality and drive the change if approved by the customer.
- Manage KPIs & rigorous feedback cycles (through one-on-one meetings with peers) that help align with individual and organization growth.
Join us for building great teams and intuitive projects together!
Program / Senior Program Manager
- Define and develop roadmaps to deliver strategic goals
- Regularly review the annual and quarterly roadmaps and refine the scope and priorities
- Drive progress reviews with senior management and leadership
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Report plans, progress, risks regularly at different levels
- Develop release management plans, processes and drive the adoption
- Develop release calendars and release management plans to achieve the same
- Drive sprint planning, standup meetings and ensure the work being done follows the plans
- Lead the customer engagements, set up processes, tools to manage the engagements
- Lead progress reviews, discussions around new requirements and issues with customers and internal teams to ensure customer success
- Articulate customers requirements to the cross functional teams, plan to deliver them
- Organize and manage all phases of the programs to ensure on-time completion
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience in managing complex cross-functional large scale enterprise projects.
- Good understanding of tools used for development, QE and Dev Ops
- Experience in setting up, configuring and driving usage of project management tools
- Experience in managing releases in both Cloud and On-Premise environments
- Demonstrated ability to partner with different functions across the organization
- Experience setting up templates and processes that are repeatable
- Passion for using data to drive reviews and decision making
- Ability to write crisp and robust stories to communicate complex issues, requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science from a reputed college
- PMP Certification is a plus
- ITIL Certification is a plus
- At least 2-3 years in a software development role
- At least 1-2 years in a technical lead role independently managing sub-projects / development of components
- At least 5-7 years in managing software development projects using agile methodologies
- At least 3-4 years (running in parallel to the above) managing releases to the cloud and / or on-prem environments
Total minimum experience for program manager: 12 years.
Total minimum experience for Sr. Program manager: 14 years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone who can successfully manage the responsibility to supervise and motivate project groups working in an agile environment, to enable them to complete assigned tasks within a set time, and deliver top performance.
- Handle various responsibilities such as planning, scheduling, coordinating, and managing all aspects of the project.
- Should be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Decide on deadlines for the project.
- Maintain status reports of the project and also keep a record of the previous reports.
- Present status reports of the project to the senior officials of the organization.
- Conduct training sessions for the team members and explain to them using the agile methods.
- Help in the development and implementation of agile projects.
- Assist in team development by removing roadblocks to their work, mentoring them, and making good utilization of organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
- Promote empowerment of the team by ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project with a meaningful contribution.
- B-Tech/M-Tech/MCA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- About 2-10 years of experience in the Agile IT project management field.
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of business need with the ability to establish/maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
Who we are?
Searce is a niche’ Cloud Consulting business with futuristic tech DNA. We do new-age tech to realise the “Next” in the “Now” for our Clients. We specialise in Cloud Data Engineering, AI/Machine Learning and Advanced Cloud infra tech such as Anthos and Kubernetes. We are one of the top & the fastest growing partners for Google Cloud and AWS globally with over 2,500 clients successfully moved to cloud.
What we believe?
- Best practices are overrated
- Implementing best practices can only make one n .
- Honesty and Transparency
- We believe in naked truth. We do what we tell and tell what we do.
- Client Partnership
- Client - Vendor relationship: No. We partner with clients instead.
- And our sales team comprises 100% of our clients.
How we work?
It’s all about being Happier first. And rest follows. Searce work culture is defined by HAPPIER.
- Humble: Happy people don’t carry ego around. We listen to understand; not to respond.
- Adaptable: We are comfortable with uncertainty. And we accept changes well. As that’s what life's about.
- Positive: We are super positive about work & life in general. We love to forget and forgive. We don’t hold grudges. We don’t have time or adequate space for it.
- Passionate: We are as passionate about the great street-food vendor across the street as about Tesla’s new model and so on. Passion is what drives us to work and makes us deliver the quality we deliver.
- Innovative: Innovate or Die. We love to challenge the status quo.
- Experimental: We encourage curiosity & making mistakes.
- Responsible: Driven. Self motivated. Self governing teams. We own it.
Are you the one? Quick self-discovery test:
- Love for cloud: When was the last time your dinner entailed an act on “How would ‘Jerry Seinfeld’ pitch Cloud platform & products to this prospect” and your friend did the ‘Sheldon’ version of the same thing.
- Passion for sales: When was the last time you went at a remote gas station while on vacation, and ended up helping the gas station owner saasify his 7 gas stations across other geographies.
- Compassion for customers: You listen more than you speak. When you do speak, people feel the need to listen.
- Humor for life: When was the last time you told a concerned CEO, ‘If Elon Musk can attempt to take humanity to Mars, why can’t we take your business to run on cloud?’
Do you cloud?
- Expertise driving infrastructure engineering projects & transform initiatives from deep-tech startups to 42,000U (1,000 42U racks) loaded enterprises.
- Have you tandem-jumped at least 50 times taking along a trusted business having on-prem workloads to safe-land onto a public cloud with a soft touchdown?
- Do you understand the innards of Apache web servers on Linux and Sharepoint Server Farms alike?
- Do you speak CloudFormation? Terraform? Do you speak JSON?
- Do you love automating everything possible leveraging Python / Powershell / Bash?
- Are you a voracious reader fascinated by the latest & greatest innovations on public cloud?
We welcome *really unconventional* creative thinkers who can work in an agile, flexible environment. We are a flat organization with unlimited growth opportunities, and small team sizes – wherein flexibility is a must, mistakes are encouraged, creativity is rewarded, and excitement is required.
- This is an entrepreneurial project management position that challenges the client status quo by helping them re-imagine the art of what is possible using consulting mindset and business strategy skills.
- This position requires fanatic iterative improvement ability - ability to coordinate with Sales - Presales - Delivery - MS and get project delivery done.
- This position is for hard-core-geek-turned--engineer-turned-Tech enthusiast -turned-Project Manager.
What we are NOT looking for: Buzzword Bozos (BB) or Certification Chasers (CC).
What we seek is an AA (Awesome Attitude to Learn, Improve & Coach).
Not just a BB or CC? Quick self-discovery test:
When was the last time you thought about how GAN (Generative Adversarial Networks) can help auto-create new building designs for an architect or new jewellery designs for a designer OR passionately convinced a friend that Google Video Intelligence API or AWS Rekognition can now auto-video-screen an applicant with 90+% confidence level almost automating 75+% efforts of a recruiter, OR leverage Google Vision API to do e-KYC? If this is what you constantly get blamed for & your friends have made a strip for you on xkcd, you are probably the right-fit for what we are looking for.
Your bucket of Undertaking :
This position will be responsible to consult with the clients and propose architectural solutions to help move & improve infra from on-premise to cloud or help optimize cloud spend from one public cloud to the other.
- Be the first one to experiment on new age cloud offerings, help define the best practise as a thought leader for cloud, automation & Dev-Ops, be a solution visionary and technology expert across multiple channels.
- Continually augment skills and learn new tech as the technology and client needs evolve
- Use your experience in Google cloud platform, AWS or Microsoft Azure to build hybrid-cloud solutions for customers.
- Provide leadership to project teams, and facilitates the definition of project deliverables around core Cloud based technology and methods.
- Define tracking mechanisms and ensure IT standards and methodology are met; deliver quality results.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other artifacts
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in google cloud platform
Education, Experience, etc.
- Is Education overrated? Yes. We believe so. However there is no way to locate you otherwise. So unfortunately we might have to look for a Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering from a reputed institute or you should be programming from 12. And the latter is better. We will find you faster if you specify the latter in some manner. Not just degree, but we are not too thrilled by tech certifications too ... :)
- To reiterate: Passion to tech-awesome, insatiable desire to learn the latest of the new-age cloud tech, highly analytical aptitude and a strong ‘desire to deliver’ outlives those fancy degrees!
- 3 - 5 years of experience with at least 1 - 2 years of hands-on experience in delivering Cloud Consulting(AWS/GCP/Azure) projects in a global enterprise environment.
- Good analytical, communication, problem solving, and learning skills.
- Knowledge on programming against cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform and lean development methodologies.
A quick self-discovery test below:
- How you treat yourself & others?
- You listen more than you speak. When you do speak, people feel the need to listen.
- You have ‘one’ life - no work life or personal life. You are the same at both places.
- You are generally happy and passionate about life. When shit does happen you know how to tell your heart ‘All is well’.
- You are compassionate to yourself, you love your work, your company, your country, and are generally a person people like to be around.
- How you work & live?
- You make difficult & complex decisions in an environment filled with lack of well defined constraints and uncertainty.
- You are able to admit to your team that you were shit scared while making those decisions.
- You are able to juggle conflicting priorities and remain composed as the client keeps on changing requirements. :)
- You are genuinely passionate about developing great software, learning a lot, helping others learn and having loads of fun while doing so.
- What you love?
- You love things. You are passionate. You care for your self, family, country and Big Bang Theory (and this is a must!).
- You love to organize, index, and improve things around you - Yes you are Sheldon’ish’ at times and ‘Leonard’ish’ the other times.
- You are passionate about improving processes and you truly feel satisfied by making things better.
- You love Google. And AWS. And Terraform. And CI - CD pipelines. And linux.