For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
About the role :
This is a senior staff backend engineer role in the engineering team that designs, implements and maintains our state of the art product IllusionBLACK. The team is responsible for designing and implementing secure, highly performant and maintainable product.
- Architect, develop and maintain high performance, fault tolerant and scalable cloud hosted service using NodeJS
- End to end responsibility to continuously create and monitor the services you build
- Help design reusable and clean API's for our frontend React app
- Guide team members with handling complex issues
- You will also be responsible for database schema design and development of migration scripts
- Experiment with new technologies and ideas and help shape our stack and processes
- 10+ years professional SW development experience
- All our production applications are built with either Typescript or Python. You must have a strong understanding of NodeJS express apps written in Typescript and ES6
- Must have good experience with Python
- Solid experience with databases is a must. We use and love Postgres here at Smokescreen
- You should be able to design a complex database SQL schema normalized to 3NF on the back of a napkin at 3am in the morning
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of Redis cache
- Experience with Solr or Elasticsearch is a must. We use Solr for our event analytics exclusively
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus. We have a large distributed application running on AWS
- Experience with Docker/Swarm is a plus
- Experience in some stream processing platforms like Kafka/Redis stream is a plus
We are looking for a Django Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.
Python Developer responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Must have 3+ years of work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in Django Framework. Other frameworks like Flask Pyramid knowledge is good to have
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
➢ Design and develop core server side components for our consumer facing site
as well as for fulfillment and inventory logistics
➢ Prototype new ideas
Experience / Skills Required:
➢ B.Tech or advanced degree in Computer Science with 8-12 years of progressive industry
➢ Strong experience with Python development and Django framework or NodeJS required
➢ Strong experience with building reusable server components
➢ Strong experience with WebServices, XML, REST interfaces
➢ Strong experience with object oriented programming
➢ Strong experience with backend performance optimization and algorithms
➢ Strong experience with SQL, RDBMS, data modeling and MySQL, Oracle or other RDBMS
➢ Strong leadership / technology mentoring skills a must. Ability to do code and design reviews is a
key part of this role.
➢ Experience with Microservices / Distributed event based architectures desired.
➢ Deep experience with Linux based development and deployment architectures.
➢ Experience with database query tuning.
➢ Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS is a great plus
➢ Experience with frameworks such as Angular / React JS is a great plus
➢ Awareness of and experience with reactive programming is a plus
➢ Experience with Ecommerce/Consumer facing applications serving a large volume of users is a
➢ Exposure to technologies like Kafka, Redis, Spark, Kinesis, Solr, ElasticSearch etc is a plus.
➢ Experience with NoSQL or BigData is a great plus
➢ Hands on Full Stack experience desired.
➢ Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies
➢ Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem
➢ Must be able to work independently and enjoy working at a fast paced start-up environmen
- Experience with one of the major relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, Postgres) and NoSQL databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra, Dynamo DB or such)
- Expert object-oriented programming experience using Java
- Experience in messaging protocol like MQTT and messaging middleware like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Require experience and Strong understanding of entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile (Scrum), Software design/architecture process, CI/CD processes, unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST, MQTT, Web Sockets
- Experience with containerized environment Dockers, Rocket and Container orchestrator such as Kubernetes, Docker Swam, etc
- Experience managing Cloud infrastructure (resources and service) in AWS, Azure and/or GCP
- Strong knowledge of SOA, object-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded application development
- Experience in reporting and analytics, queuing and real-time streaming systems
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications
- Git or similar distributed SCM tools experience
- Experience with open-source technologies (if no practical work experience w/ Big Data, or cutting-edge frontend technology, prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions)
- Full stack development on cutting edge technology in Fintech domain.
- Ownership of complete backend code.
You should Have :
- Server Side languages knowledge: Node.js and express.js is the first choice, Python, Java
- At least 3+ years of server-side programming experience. We prefer ability over experience
- Solid experience working with databases, especially relational DB.
- Solid experience with version control (Git or Bitbucket or SVN).
- B.E. in Computer Science or Graduate/PG degree in Computer Science (this is optional, as we are more interested in your abilities and experience over a paper degree).
- Any experience working with real time projects in backend with node.js and express.js
Work as a member of a team responsible for developing a HIPAA compliant secure care coordination platform in accordance with established processes. You will apply your knowledge of building scalable, distributed applications and have the opportunity to work with new technologies & frameworks such as Spring Cloud Netflix, AWS, Azure, NoSQL DB.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following.
You will be expected to:
- Contribute to all phases in the software lifecycle – requirements analysis, solution design, development, and deployment
- Maintain high quality standards for the work undertaken and be responsible for the quality of deliverables
- Ensure assigned projects are developed in accordance with established engineering processes, adhering to scope, schedule constraints and agile project plans
- Guide/mentor the less experienced team members
- Participate in code reviews
- Work effectively as part of a distributed team
- Document the features worked by him/her
Key technical expertise areas expected for this role:
Strong programming skills in Java 8(+) with clear understanding of Object-Oriented and Functional programming.
- Experience on REST API Programming based on a Microservices Architecture
- Good Understanding of Databases (MySQL & Mongo) and proficiency in database schema designing & writing efficient SQL Queries
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable ability to learn new programming languages and frameworks quickly
- Experience with distributed systems with specific focus on security and scalability
- Experience with modern cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
Additional areas that would add value:
- Spring Cloud
- Experience working with AES 256 based encryption algorithms
- Strong understanding of Design Patterns & their application in system design
- Using DevOps & Infrastructure tooling such as GoCD/Jenkins, Git
- Experience working on projects, preferably in the healthcare domain
- Experience working with Virtualization and Containerization technologies including Docker, Kubernetes.
- Automated Unit/Integration testing
- Experience working with Linux and Shell scripting
- Test Driven & Behavior Driven Development
- Experience working in Agile Scrum/Kanban methodologies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience
JD - Senior Dev with more than 5 years relevant experience
1. Working experience on web development using Python/Django
2. Comfortable with using Django framework.
3. Understanding of web servers
4. Knowledge in PostgreSQL, MySQL, and other database queries
5. Experience in using Redis cache.
6. Understanding of web technologies
7. Experience in REST API development using Django.
8. Strong hold on Apache
9. Integration of data storage solutions
10. Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
12. Good communication skill
13. .net/.NET core will be an added advantage
3 + years expertise in Python 3.7, Django 2 (or Django 3).
Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic in Django (RESTful APIs).
Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
Strong unit test and debugging skills.
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
Django Channels, Web Sockets, Asyncio.
Experience working with AWS or similar Cloud services.
Experience in containerization technologies such as Docker.
Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application (caching, Redis)
Candidates should have worked with Startups (IT Product Firms)
Should be from B2C Firms/Product/SaaS Firms
Key Skills: Python, Golang, Java, Distributed Systems, Cloud, Microservices Architecture, MVC, Design Patterns, Data Structure, Algorithms
Your Experience Across The Years in the Roles You’ve Played
- 6+ years of technology experience (at least 2 years in direct engineering management)
- Managing a 5-15 member engineering team in an agile product org
- Track record of collaborative working with multiple stakeholders
- Planning and analysis with effective communication skills
You’ll Be Improving & Responsible For
- Our products engineering team that works on initiatives fuelling the growth of our recent health retail insurance products
- Collaboration across cross-functional stakeholders to ensure delivery timelines are met
- Implementing product engineering best practices, and evangelizing them within the org
- Engineering management with a strong sense of ownership
- Problem solving with a clear and analytical approach and organized work habits
- Technological innovation in agile product engineering scenarios
- Product and business management principles and metrics
About the work from home job/internship
1. Work on backend development
2. Work on application and web development and api development
4. Work on modern JS frameworks such as React.js, Node.js, and Angular.js
5. Work to implement server-side or application logic, develop databases, and design architectures