A Senior Associate Java WCS Technologist is considered as a senior contributor for complex modules of work by bringing deep core technology expertise and relevant business subject matter expertise to the table.
- Sr. Associate, Technology plays a significant role during the design and implementation of the technological solution for our clients.
- A Sr. Associate, Technology is involved in ensuring a quality technical design that satisfies the business requirements of the client.
- A Sr. Associate, Technology is often involved in package evaluations and recommendations, communicating the technological details of the project to the business users and workshops with the clients. Sr. Associate, Technology also participates in gathering business requirements and assessing existing architectures and resources.
- Sr. Associate, Technology provides leadership to the team by taking responsibility for a specific component or track of the project architecture. By taking on this level of responsibility, a Sr. Associate, Technology spends more time overseeing the tasks required to implement a solution rather than performing the tasks directly. This includes planning, estimation, resource management, issue resolution and quality assurance. A Sr. Associate, Technology is also responsible for coordinating and communicating with the other tracks and disciplines involved in the project.
- In performing the essential functions of this role, the work is fast-paced, moderately noisy and team-based. Additionally, frequent overnight travel is required.
- Prepares the technical design of the more complex technology components within the module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data model, integration component, package function customization)
- Participates in and in some cases drives design reviews of other modules and provides insightful comments to improve the design quality and design conformance to standards
- Assists the architect in articulating the pros and cons of using a certain technology stack/package or component or design pattern versus another to the clients and project team and drives selection of technologies, designs to come up with the optimal architecture
- Implements slice of application (EAR) and proofs of concept (spike solution) to prove any new technologies or integration scenarios in the module
- For package implementations, aids the Architect of the project to perform the gap analysis between business requirements and the package features and design the configuration, customizations, extensions, interfaces required to meet the requirements
- Provides innovative solutions to project level technical issues
- Critiques a design created by another designer and helps identify design and performance improvements
- Interacts with a set of clients (client senior developers and architects) to create technology specifications from business requirements for one of the modules within the project
- In some scenarios, collaborates with client developers to design, build, test and deploy the module components and integrate with the rest of the modules
- Raises and drives to closure with the client any technical design and implementation issues in the module and also in the interfaces and interactions with other modules
- Estimates the implementation and deployment of the module based on design architecture, testing strategy and overall project plan
- Assists the architect in coming up with the overall estimates for the project along with any key risks and issues and their mitigation
- Reports progress and issues to the Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates
- Works with team on the development of standards, processes and procedures related to application security, upgrade management, capacity planning, application deployment, performance monitoring/tuning, and failover and disaster recovery
- Mentors the team on the best techniques to debug and troubleshoot design and implementation defects and issues
- Shares point of view on technology stack, package and latest technology and business trends in one or more relevant areas (e.g. eCommerce, Content Management).
- Documents the technical design using UML, suitable design patterns in the form of technical design narrative, object models, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams
Experience in: J2EE - Application Servers, Java - ORM, Java - Spring Framework, Core
Java, SQL Development Languages, Java - Web, Presentation Frameworks, Java - Messaging
Implementation, Java Web Services, Planning/ Execution & Tracking, Scoping and
Estimating, Data Modeling, High Availability and Failover Applications, High Throughput / Transaction Application, Logical Architecture Design, OOAD and UML, Package / Vendor Selection, Performance / Capacity Planning, Application, Security.
Ability to abstract detail into larger (repeatable) patterns, familiarity with user centered analysis and evaluation techniques
Understanding of the project life cycle process to effectively be able to manage a sub-
Business Knowledge: Domain experience on Enterprise data warehouse would be a plus.
Personal Attributes: a. Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions b. Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal) c. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution d. Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision. e. Ability to prioritize when under pressure
Full Time Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. You will leverage deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess your team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4-8 years of experience with two or more development languages such as Java/C#/Python/Go/Node.js etc
- You can skillfully write high-quality, well-tested code and you are comfortable with Object-Oriented programming
- Presence in the external tech community: you proactively share your expertise with others via speaking engagements, contributions to open source, blogs and more
- Comfortability with Agile methods, such as Extreme Programming (XP), Scrum and/or Kanban
- You enjoy influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- Bonus points if you have working knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent programming in Core Java, Multi-threading.
- Java technologies: Core Java, Java EE/J2EE, JPA/Hibernate, Spring
- Should have good understanding on design patterns.
- Should have minimum 1 yr exp in spring boot / Microservices / Amazon Web Services.
- Should have experience developing RESTful services along with Spring and Hibernate
- Good exposure & experience in Product development.
- Ability to collaborate with Architects on development and design.
- Up to date with technology trends and be able to set direction for other developers.
- Ability to evaluate and build POCs, make recommendations around Java, DevOPs, Mobility and Cloud related technologies.
Technical Skills :
- Microservices, Spring Boot, HIbernate, REST
- Redis, MongoDB, MySQL
- DevOps - CI/CD, Ansible/Docker/Kubernetes.
- Cloud - AWS/Google
- Strong knowledge of Data Structures and OOPS concepts.
- Good in Database design and Query Optimization.
- Good in writing SQL functions and stored procedures for MYSQL.
- Good understanding of OOPS/OOAD.
- Must be passionate about writing clean and maintainable code.
- Modify and implement features as per customer requirements.
- Work on UI/UX and basic knowledge of version-controlling with GIT.
- Develop/Integrate APIs, so that we can integrate them with other applications.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
A highly motivated and passionate individual who has experience in executing end to end web based application projects and bringing them to production quickly and with high quality. Passionate about building flexible and scalable solutions with an eye for detail and can weigh pros and cons to find best possible solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Engineering Manager to plan, implement and deliver tasks and modules on a timely basis with best practices and adherence to SOPs.
- Understand the product specification and be able to ask questions and gather information and feedback to build a well rounded solution.
- Deliver end to end applications starting from front end web development, back end development, middleware integration and persisting data in no SQL or RDBMS databases.
- Should be able to use existing front-end components to build web based UI interfaces.
- Strong technical design approach to problem solving for backend services.
- Should be able to communicate and defend the tech design choices taken for long term scalability and maintainability.
- Play the role of an unblocker in a tight scrum environment.
- Should be able to help other developers with challenges and help achieve milestones as per plan.
- Prioritise to manage ad-hoc requests in parallel with ongoing projects.
- Document API specification, technical design and other key information for all projects/modules/services owned
- A highly talented developer with 4-7 years of hands-on experience in building secure and scalable web-based applications using Java in backend and JS-based frontend frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+, databases (SQL and NoSQL), MySql, Mongo
- Experience working with Cassandra, Spring Boot, Apache Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of any one or more of AngularJS/ReactJS/VueJS and CSS3, HTML5
- Strong experience in data modeling for data storage tools in SQL; experience with noSQL is highly desirable.
- Experience building scalable solutions for 2x, 5x and 10x growth with high quality and flexibility.
- Practitioner of test-driven development practices.
- Experience in creating and adhering to best practices for development
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker and knowledge of CI/CD processes for automated integration and deployment.
- Basic knowledge of AWS preferred
- Strong experience in Microservices (SRP) paradigm
- Willing to learn new technologies (Golang)
- Qualification B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA(IT/Computer Science)
- Years of Exp 4 - 7 years
All about the role:
WordPress Solution Developer in India in the Solutions Implementation team will provide technical leadership and hands-on development for multiple simultaneous projects and also Technical Leadership around Web Development domain.
This role is based out of Bangalore, India.
- Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with Wordpress, MySQL, JQuery, CSS3 & HTML5.
- Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery in Wordpress.
- Manage a delivery team to ensure timely, accurate and high quality customer deliveries
- Own all major and minor project releases for the Solutions Implementation team.
- Conduct peer-reviews and lead reviews and provide feedback in Website Development.
- Advising on and coordinating team's technical activities.
- Identifying and owning architectural and other technically based risk, escalating as appropriate
- Ensuring the non-functional requirements are achievable and subsequently met
- Ensuring adherence to appropriate standards of technical best practice
- Controlling the technical configuration of the solution
- Managing technical aspects of the transition of the solution into live use
- Resolving technical differences between technical team members
Desired Skills :
- Hands-on experience with Wordpress, JQuery, CSS3, HTML5 & MySQL,.
- Good to know PSD Conversion to HTML
- Team handling Experience
- Experience in Responsive Web Design and Cross Browser Implementation
Education and Experience Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant fields
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a role of a Senior Web Developer at technology and product development teams
- Experience of working in a global distributed development model
- Track record of delivering high performance products
Leadership & Management :
- Managing and technically leading the project team
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with Word Press, CSS3, HTML5, JQuery, PSD Conversion to HTML
- Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery
- Imbibe and represent our culture, core values and ensure the behavior and feedback is cascaded through the organization
- Provide feedback to the leadership team by demonstrating understanding of business, markets, and industry trends and need
As a core member of the Software Development team, you will be responsible for the architecture, coding, development, testing and release of customer applications hosted both on-premise and on-cloud. Candidates with proven experience in both Frontend and Backend Development (predominantly Backend Development) with prior experience in deploying applications on AWS/Azure cloud will be preferred.
You will be leading a small team of developers (not more than 3 at a time) on a given project, and be a client-facing SPOC to work with the client and meet stringent deadlines. You will be responsible for Coding and Development with a code coverage of minimum 90%. You will adhere to coding and security standards and ensure that your delivery is secure and free from any critical, high and medium-rated vulnerabilities.
- Development and Integration of user-facing design elements with server-side logic.
- Design and develop backend API services and databases to serve frontend applications.
- Code for multi-platform environments.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes in one or more database technologies such as Mongo, MySQL etc.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Engineering degree from a reputed institute
If you believe in “ First, solve the problem. Then, write the code. ”, we are looking for you.
- Atleast 4 - 6 years of experience working Ruby on Rails.
- Ability to manage a team.
- Very good at Analysis and Design.
- Passion to write good quality code.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment
- Team player
- Ability to balance competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills.
BoTree Technologies was incorporated in 2012 and since then we have constantly worked towards building a place to work which provides each member an opportunity to challenge herself and grow on a day to day basis.