7+ years of software development experience.
2+ years of people management experience
Experience building microservices deployed in a containerized infrastructure and cloud environment(GCP, AWS ,Azure etc)
What you will do :
Build ,manage and grow a strong engineering team across engineering lifecycle (Design ,built ,test,release and operate )
Maintain and improve your team's operating metrics.
Lead end to end execution of projects and ship application releases in a timely manner
Work closely with every member of your team to develop their careers and reach their full potential.
Looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team that is responsible for implementing solutions that improve service security,stability and performance.
● Make hands-on contributions to product development via technical design and
coding - all leaders at savage play a hands-on role.
● Nurture a team of talented engineers into a team of high performing, skilled software
● Find and hire top talent for your team as per the requirements of the business
● Work closely with the team to architect and develop the best technical design and
approach to solve complex problems
● Take accountability of the overall health of the products you build and predictability
of the deliverables of your team
● Develop the long-term strategy for your systems, while aligning them to the goals of
the organization and translate that into an achievable road map.
● Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
● 6-10 years of industry experience and consumer products is a must
● Have played a Tech Lead role in a high-growth startup or medium-sized
product-focused tech company
● Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies
● Experience building full-stack applications with hands-on experience in the combination of programming languages
Exposure to multiple cutting edge open-source frameworks required to build microservices architecture
Merito is a curated talent platform where we identify, assess, and connect candidates for matching job opportunities. We are working with the mission to change the way hiring is done. The company is founded by a team of alumni from IIM Ahmedabad, McKinsey will more than 2 decades of experience in recruitment, training, and coaching.
Our client is a Full-Funnel Programmatic Marketing platform of choice for leading digital marketers globally across CPG, Tech, B2B, Retail, Travel, BFSI, Gaming, Autos, Telco, Real Estate, Education and other industry verticals.
Our client empowers businesses to engage with their customers and audiences through all stages of the marketing funnel:
1. Brand awareness
3. Remarketing, and
4. Re-engagement, including reselling, up-selling and audience monetization.
We transform Data into Actionable Insights and ROI for Marketers.
We are pioneers in the Programmatic Ad tech space, and are ranked in the Top 20 Digital Marketing Providers by CIO Review.
We are a mix of industry veterans from top B schools and a bright young team of marketers, data scientists and analysts. If you are looking for a great team to work with and make a career for yourself in AdTech, this might be the right place for you!
Job Description – Principal Architect
We are looking for a Principal Architect to lead our tech team as a leader (without necessarily being a manager). If you are hands-on (do not shy away from active coding when required) and are motivated by the joy of creating scalable products that drive industry leadership, please read on.
- You should have 8+ years of quality experience in building scalable digital products/platforms with some experience in big data analytics and engineering.
- Extensive experience in Linux stack and cloud technologies, and Python ecosystem.
- It's ok if you don't have good answers, but to have smart questions that uncover risks and opportunities, you need the depth that comes with willingness and capability to be hands-on. Do you still code? Do you love to code? Do you love to roll up your sleeves and debug things?
- Do you enjoy going deep into that part of the 'full stack' that you are not an expert of?
Here is a bit about our values and beliefs
Our core values are 1) Transparency, 2) Bias for Action, 3) Persistence with Adaptability, 4) Curiosity and 5) Humility. We believe that successful people have more failures than average people have attempts. And that success needs the creative mindset to deal with ambiguities when you start, the persistence and humility to iterate and course correct, and the courage to handle failure and rise up again.
What we look for in our people
- We look for people who are initiative driven, and not interruption driven. The ones who challenge the status quo with humility and candor, but not arrogance.
- We believe startup managers and leaders are great individual contributors too, and that there is no place for context free leadership.
- We believe that the curiosity and persistence to learn new skills and nuances, and to apply the smartness in different contexts matter more than just academic knowledge.
- Fixed Salary + ESOP
- Insurance for family
- Company meals
- Company events
The client is looking for an extraordinary and dynamic Engineering Manager to be
part of its Engineering team in Bangalore. You must have a good record of
architecting scalable solutions, hiring and mentoring talented teams, and working
with product managers to build great products. You must be highly analytical
and a good problem solver. You will be part of a highly energetic and innovative
team that believes nothing is impossible with some creativity and hard work.
● Own the overall solution design and implementation of the core infrastructure
for backend systems. This includes requirement analysis, scope discussion,
design, architecture, implementation, delivery, and resolving production issues
related to engineering. The core back-end system is a large-scale data platform
that ingests data, applies ML models, and streams the output to the Data lake and
serving layer. As of today, we ingest 2 Bn data points every day, which need to
scale to handling 200 Bn data points every single day.
● End-end backend engineering infra charter includes Dev ops, Global
deployment, Security, and compliances according to latest practices.
● Ability to guide the team in debugging production issues and write best-of-the
● Drive “engineering excellence” (defects, productivity through automation,
the performance of products, etc) through clearly defined metrics.
● Stay current with the latest tools, technology ideas, and methodologies; share
knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to key decision-makers.
● Hiring, mentoring, and retaining a very talented team.
● 8-12 years of strong experience in product development.
● Strong experience in building data engineering (no SQL DBs, HDFS, Kafka,
Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark, etc) intensive backend
● Experience with DAG-based data processing is highly desirable
● Excellent track record of designing and delivering System architecture,
implementation and deployment of successful solutions in a customer-facing
● Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
● Ability to influence decision making through data and be metric driven
● Strong understanding of non-functional requirements like security, test
● Fluency in Java, Spring, Hibernate, J2EE, REST Services
● Ability to hire, mentor and retain best-of-the-breed engineers
● Exposure to Agile development methodologies
● Ability to collaborate across teams and strong interpersonal skills
● SAAS experience a plus
Job Role : Engineering Manager
- Lead and grow multiple engineering teams committed to building the innovative products
- Work effectively cross-functionally to drive change and influence product and process decisions.
- Help to shape thinking around designing scalable products and business processes/programs to support KlearNow rapid growth.
- Be both a deep technical leader and a thoughtful people manager.
- Champion engineering excellence, establishing business metrics, and drive continuous operational improvement.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Overall 10+ years of Software engineering background.
- 5+ years of management experience -Team Management: Lead a team of 6 – 8
- 3+ years of experience growing and managing multi-team organizations.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in core programming languages such as, Java, Python, go, SQL
- Proven track record of creating and managing high performing teams.
- Experience with logistics domain
- Interest in people and organizations.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving and analytical skills.
If you wish to know more on the opportunity and like to pursue this further, then I would suggest that you share your updated CV and suggest a good time when we could connect.
KlearNow is pioneering “Logistics as a Service” (LaaS) by creating the industry’s first fully cloud-based digital network that can be used across the entire array of supply chain participants to simplify the transit of goods worldwide.
- KlearNow transforms outdated B2B logistics processes—simplifying lives.
- KlearNow turns daunting logistics paperwork into powerful information to move more goods through customs and drayage with just a few clicks.
- Its smart Logistics as a Service (LaaS) AI-powered platform eliminates wasted time and money, reduces costs, and enhances customer experiences by enabling new levels of visibility, productivity, and collaboration.
We are headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, Santa Clara, California with locations in India, Canada, UK. This year we will be expanding to multiple countries.
KlearNow is operational and a certified Customs Business provider in US, Canada and UK with plans to grow in many more markets in near future. Be a part of a rapidly growing company where you will have the opportunity to extend our leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered intelligent supply chain solutions.
Over and above the core customs clearance solution, KlearNow is also providing consolidated freight visibility, data and document management and intra-port activity for efficient Drayage.
To know more about KlearNow, please visit our website https://www.klearnow.com/
As KlearNow grows, we’re looking for an Engineering Leader who is passionate about people growth and organizational development. This is a unique opportunity to help build the products and practices that will support KlearNow growth over the next round of funding. In this role, you will reimagine enterprise logistics software and build global products that enable KlearNow expand in Americas, Europe and Asia.
Who we are:
Acqueon's conversational engagement software lets customer-centric brands orchestrate campaigns and proactively engage with consumers using voice, messaging, and email channels. Acqueon leverages a rich data platform, statistical and predictive models, and intelligent workflows to let enterprises maximize the potential of every customer conversation. Acqueon is trusted by 200 clients across industries to increase sales, drive proactive service, improve collections, and develop loyalty.
At our core, Acqueon is a customer-centric company with a burning desire (backed by a suite of awesome, AI-powered technology) to help businesses provide friction-free, delightful, and referral-worthy customer experiences.
We are looking for
We are looking for an innovative and mission-driven Director, Engineering to play a pivotal role in building the most critical engineering solutions for our business growth. This new role will be supporting the enterprise and Technology organization of business line.
The Director, Engineering works with the Product Owner to understand the business strategy and work together to define the roadmap of product feature development over the next couple of years. Along with that the key aspect is to ensure that the team is aligned to deliver these strategic initiatives which would encompass building data streams, data analytics and feature development across multiple projects in close partnership with our Product teams.
As a Director Engineering in Acqueon you will….
Responsive team player who can proactively contribute for building technical strategies for applications and systems by promoting an understanding of the technology and business roadmap. He /she is someone who thrives in a fun, fast-paced, dynamic, startup-like environment.
- Lead a team of strong developers, working on large-scale, complex and cutting-edge systems and ensure that the team optimizes codes, while contributing to business goals and product strategies
- Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business goals
- Operate with scale and speed, amidst ﬂux in the fast-paced environment and evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback
- Managing the development and delivery of complex features from design to production according to product requirements
- Work closely with Engineering Leaders, Managers; Product Management, Business Development and Operation teams, and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace, estimate and plan projects in an agile environment
- Ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely while driving all stakeholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards
- Building a strong development team that can work independently and at the same time will collaborate with other international R&D teams
- Responsible to review Architecture and design technically robust, ﬂexible and scalable solutions and deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up
- Expertise in highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive modules and class-level interfaces
- Superior management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience in delivering high quality projects on time
- Strong technical competence with a track record of individual technical accomplishments
As a Director in Acqueon you will need….
- An Engineering Degree - B.E/B.Tech/MS in any stream – Computer Science/IT preferred
- With 15+ years of experience in building and managing highly skilled development teams, and the ability to lead, coach and influence them
- Deep understanding in Java, Golang, SQL/NoSQL database, Elastic search, K8S and Docker
- Experience in developing scalable, concurrent, low-latency, fault tolerant systems
- Strong track record of leading and managing the delivery of software development projects, meeting key milestones and overcoming challenges
- Previous experience in working with other international R&D, product management and support teams
- Proven knowledge in both architecture and implementation-level software design of high-scale distributed systems
- Drive the success of the implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with the Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery). Within the established architectural guidelines.
- Ability to manage, track and identify risks, bottlenecks and challenges ahead of time, and oversee technical coordination to resolve them
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, and driven team in a context-switching environment
- Should have experience with CDP platforms, NoSql platforms, java/python, AWS platform, ELT (connectors to fetch data, transform) additionally experience with Sagemaker, AI Modelling and Data Science would be a plus
Company is an award winning Agri-Tech startup that uses global leadership and expertise in the areas of agriculture and technology to transform the age-old practices of the dairy business to a modern and interesting way of doing the same by infusing technology into farmers’ lives. We are solving the burning problems of dairy farmers by extending the highly lacking technology support to the farmers. We plan to provide AI/Vet, E-commerce, and Fin-tech services to the farmers and simultaneously solve the last mile delivery problem using technology.
It is a purely tech-oriented company and is founded by alumni from IIT Roorkee and London School of Economics. The MoooFarm research team has developed and patented World’s first Cattle Facial Recognition, and is also working with Microsoft for cattle disease detection using udder image.
What will you be working on?
- Build and nurture high performing teams of skilled software engineers. Find and hire top talent for your team
- Take the accountability of the overall health of the products you build and predictability of the deliverables of your team
- Develop the long-term strategy for your systems, while aligning them to the goals of the organization and translate that into an achievable road map.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
- 8+ years of industry experience in product based companies.
- Have engineering management experience in a high-growth B2C startup or medium-sized product-focused B2C tech company
- Demonstrated track-record of delivering well-engineered products with modern technologies.
- Experience in building and architecting products along with exposure to frontend development / Mobile / Web Apps development.
- Experience building full-stack applications with hands-on experience in the combination of programming languages: React JS, Node JS, Python, AWS, Java, microservices, etc.
- Strong expertise on one or more SQL/NO-SQL databases (MySQL, Mongo, Postgres, etc.)
- Exposure to multiple cutting edge open-source frameworks required to build microservices architecture (API Management and Testing, Messaging - Kafka, SQS, RabbitMQ, etc. Monitoring - NewRelic, ELK, etc. Container orchestration. ).
- Experience in building, deployment and maintaining high scale applications on public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in agile software development processes, continuous integration, test automation and tools like Confluence, Git, Jenkins, and Jira.
BANGALORE, KARNATAKA / 1. ENGINEERING – LEADERSHIP / FULL TIME
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribuon (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercializaon teams together into one global organizaon. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribuon, network and engineering operaons, sales, adversing, data, and certain key technology funcons worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operaons of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domesc broadcast and cable television networks.
Disney+ Hotstar is leading the way as the largest and smartest video plaorm in the country, reaching over 300 million users today. We have set a number of world records along the way - including for the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. Disney+ Hotstar today is the one-stop desnaon for all your entertainment needs - from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ Originals. We’re looking for the brightest minds to build the future of TV with us.
About the Team
In this role, you will build large distributed systems to process and stream video at scale and drive all user aspects. As a VP for the team, you will develop plaorms and tools that deliver personalized recommendaons to 500+ million users. You will work on building storage soluons and microservices that serve recommendaons at a rate of few 100K requests per second. You
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
will develop tools that serve recommendaons to our users in real-me. You will work closely with our product team to build new and compelling experiences for our customers!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesng problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
Your Key Responsibilies
Responsible for the overall soware development life cycle.
Management and execuon against project plans and delivery commitments
Manage the day-to-day acvies of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing, and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
Contribute substanally to innovaon and overcome technology limitaons to deliver on customer experience.
Report on the status of development, quality, operaons, and system performance to management.
What to Bring
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
14+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interacve consumer applicaons
Proficient with either Java or GoLang
7+ years of experience in soware development with strong experse in Java with micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reacve programming
At least 5 years managing soware development teams including hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring(New Relic, statsd, graphite), fault tolerance and metrics
Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB) Experience/Knowledge of Nelix OSS.
Experience in server-side services using ElascSearch, Kaa Experience with AWS stack.
Experience with CI/CD processes.
A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-funconal, projects and bringing in and growing engineering talent
Excellent wrien and verbal communicaon skills with the ability to present complex technical informaon clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong programming and product management skills
- Self-Awareness - Ownership
- Bias for Acon
- Radical Candour - Inclusivity
- The glory. Almost too much responsibility. - No dress code. Unlimited leave.
- A fun-life balance.
- A cket on our rocket ship to the moon.
Who we are as an employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideraon for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, naonal origin, gender identy,
21/05/2021 Disney+ Hotstar - VP Engineering
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characterisc protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Who we are as a company
We’re Disney+ Hotstar. The go-to desnaon for over 300 million users for everything from Live Sports, Indian and Internaonal Shows and Movies to all Disney content, including Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Naonal Geographic and Disney+ originals. Our mission is to revoluonize internet entertainment through smart personalizaon, and by building a global video plaorm that takes over the world wide web and the whole wide world.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering to lead one of our key product engineering teams. This role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and will be responsible for successful execution of the company's business mission through development of cutting-edge software products and solutions.
- As an owner of the product you will be required to plan and execute the product road map and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- You will have to collaborate with Product Management and Implementation teams and build a commercially successful product.
- You will be responsible to recruit & lead a team of highly skilled software engineers and provide strong hands on engineering leadership.
- Requirement deep technical knowledge in Software Product Engineering using Java/J2EE, Node.js, React.js, fullstack, NosqlDB, mongodb, cassandra, neo4j, elastic search, kibana, elk, kafka, redis, docker, kubernetes, apache, solr, activemq, rabbitmq, spark, scala, sqoop, hbase, hive, websocket, webcrawler, springboot, etc. is a must
16+ years of experience in Software Engineering with at least 5+ years as an engineering leader in a software product company.
- Hands-on technical leadership with proven ability to recruit high performance talent
- High technical credibility - ability to audit technical decisions and push for the best solution to a problem.
- Experience building E2E Application right from backend database to persistent layer.
- Experience UI technologies Angular, react.js, Node.js or fullstack environment will be preferred.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j, Dynamodb, etc.)
- Elastic Search, Kibana, ELK, Logstash.
- Experience in developing Enterprise Software using Agile Methodology.
- Good understanding of Kafka, Redis, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Solr etc.
- SaaS cloud-based platform exposure.
- Experience on Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Ownership E2E design development and also quality enterprise product/application deliverable exposure
- A track record of setting and achieving high standards
- Strong understanding of modern technology architecture
- Key Programming Skills: Java, J2EE with cutting edge technologies
- Excellent team building, mentoring and coaching skills are a must-have
Five Reasons Why You Should Join Zycus
- Cloud Product Company: We are a Cloud SaaS Company and our products are created by using the latest technologies like ML and AI. Our UI is in Angular JS and we are developing our mobile apps using React.
- A Market Leader: Zycus is recognized by Gartner (world’s leading market research analyst) as a Leader in Procurement Software Suites.
- Move between Roles: We believe that change leads to growth and therefore we allow our employees to shift careers and move to different roles and functions within the organization
- Get a Global Exposure: You get to work and deal with our global customers.
- Create an Impact: Zycus gives you the environment to create an impact on the product and transform your ideas into reality. Even our junior engineers get the opportunity to work on different product features.
Zycus is a pioneer in Cognitive Procurement software and has been a trusted partner of choice for large global enterprises for two decades. Zycus has been consistently recognized by Gartner, Forrester, and other analysts for its Source to Pay integrated suite. Zycus powers its S2P software with the revolutionary Merlin AI Suite. Merlin AI takes over the tactical tasks and empowers procurement and AP officers to focus on strategic projects; offers data-driven actionable insights for quicker and smarter decisions, and its conversational AI offers a B2C type user-experience to the end-users.
Zycus helps enterprises drive real savings, reduce risks, and boost compliance, and its seamless, intuitive, and easy-to-use user interface ensures high adoption and value across the organization.
Start your #CognitiveProcurement journey with us, as you are #MeantforMore.
Click here to Apply :
Director of Engineering - Zycus (workable.com) - Bengaluru.
- Do you like the idea of playing Master Shifu for product development teams? Or, what organizations think of it as playing an Engineering Manager.
- Do you live by the mantra of “buck stops with me”. Seriously, we also don’t know who Buck is and we are also looking for him.
- Have you led a product team of 15+ members in the past to successful outcomes? Okay, we would love to talk even if you unfortunately ran into a failure.
- Do you speak both binary and Humanary? Python , dialect, to talk to geeks and the Humanary, English or Hindi dialect, to talk to Clients.
- Do you practice Agility? No, we don’t mean asanas from Baba Ramdev but things like Scrum or Kanban
- Do you practice Curiosity over Complacency? I..e are you a lean mean learning machine?
- Can you envision a solution architecture after hearing the product's vision and user stories? Do things like scalability, performability, flexibility, maintainability give you goosebumps of joy?
- Do you have an eye for good user experience?
Did you say Yes to all of them? My My! Love you! I’m sure your current team loves you too. But, if for whatever reason, you are looking for a new home then we would love to talk to you. We are a certified Great Place to Work, which means it’s a place where people love working with each other. And, you would too.
Send me an email, will ya?
Position : Senior Technology Lead
Experience Range : 6 Years -9 Years
Salary Range : As per Market
Equity : No Equity
Location : Remote
We are searching for a dynamic “Senior Technology Lead “ to join our company. As a technical lead, you will oversee the company’s technical team and all projects they undertake, analyse briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. You should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals.
Expertise : Your experience across the years in the Roles you have played.
- At least 6 years of working experience in Laravel, Code Igniter ,Slim Framework.
- Solid PHP basic and OOPs concepts, PHP higher version
- Strong MySQL database knowledge. Knowledge of Clustering, Replication, Stored Procedures, DBMS - added advantage
- Hand- on experience of Server technologies[AWS] like setup S3,EC2,load balancers, code deployment and scaling, DNS Management, Database Management, Payment Gateway Integration
- Understanding of Multi-tier architecture of the application
- Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git, SVN.
- Knowledge of React.JS will be an added advantage.
- Experience in developing and consuming web services like REST, SOAP, XML
- Proficient on API documentation tools/framework such as Postman, Swagger.
- Team Leader, Team Management.
- Development experience as per SOLID principles.
- Experience in Client Communication.
- Managing a team of 12 + Engineers , Front-end and Back-end engineers.
- Determining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team.
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Identifying risks and forming contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required.
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders.