The TIFIN Group, started by Dr. Vinay Nair (IIT Madras alumnus and Governor’s Gold Medal awardee), is a fast-growing, capitalized US-based group of companies operating in the Fintech domain. It has multiple products in its portfolio today. We are a platform that combines expertise in finance, technology, entrepreneurship and investing to start and help build a portfolio of brands and companies in areas of investments, wealth management and asset management. our companies are cantered around the user and emphasize design innovation to build operating systems. We focus on simplifying and democratizing financial science to make it more holistic and integral to users-lives.
The candidate will have to lead the technology team to implement and maintain the core software and the web applications of the technology-enabled platforms supporting the businesses.
- Project management of technology projects
- Liaise with stakeholders to gather & understand the functional requirement
- Develop / implement software code, conduct thorough end-to-end system testing, deploy code to production, and provide post go-live support.
Qualifications / Skillsets:
- 7+ years of experience in software
- Proficient in Python, Django, Pandas, GitHub and Jira
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL, R and SQL
- Understanding of React JS and other MEAN stack technologies is a nice to have.
- Ability to lead, design and implement backend services
- Ability to grow and lead a team of engineers and drive best practices and coding standards.
- Experience with working on scalable interactive web applications
- Infrastructure knowledge including AWS, OpenStack, CloudFoundry, Docker etc.
- Clear understanding of software design constructs and their implementation.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of attention to detail, accountability, pride in delivering high quality work and willingness to learn.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with hands-on experience and startup mindset.
- An understanding of or exposure to financial capital markets, various financial instruments (such as stocks, ETFs, Mutual Funds, etc.), and financial tools (such as Factset, Reuters, etc.) is nice to have.
- Ability to own the user experience for the customer, and work across the stack from database schema, designing APIs
Our Products :
- Magnifi: The world’s first semantic search engine that helps investors discover, compare, and buy investment products such as ETFs, mutual funds, and stocks.
- Positivly: An investment recommendation platform creating a stronger connection between investors and their investments by identifying the dominant personality traits of investors and the investments they care about the most.
- Paralel: A fintech platform that will redefine the relationship between asset managers and their back office.
- Louise: A digital platform that helps users navigate the world of giving while linking it to their investments and wealth management.
- Clout: An AI-powered, hyper-personalized content marketing platform to power sales in financial services.
- Farther: A wealth management platform based on an algorithmic approach to client acquisition.
- Totum: A product that enables a comprehensive understanding of risk to wealth management.
- Arbor: An application to save automatically, cancel your debts, and invest your savings to multiply your money.
About TIFIN group:
At all times, we are guided by our UltIMaTE values:
- Ult (Shared understanding through listening and speaking the truth) – We COMMUNICATE with radical candour, precision, and compassion to create a shared understanding.
- I (Innovate with creative solutions) – We believe that disruptive innovation begins with curiosity and CREATIVITY. We challenge the status quo and problem solve to find new answers.
- Ma (Make magic for our customers) – With deep EMPATHY for our clients, we create technology that transforms investor experiences.
- T (Teamwork for team win) – We believe in win together, learn together. We fly in formation. We cover each other’s backs. We inspire each other with our energy and attitude.
- E (Grow at the edge) – We are driven by PERSONAL GROWTH. We get out of our comfort zone and keep egos aside to find our genius zones. We strive to be the best we can possibly be. No excuses.
About TIFIN FINTECH
TIFIN builds engaging experiences through powerful AI and investment-driven personalisation. We leverage the combined power of investment intelligence, data science, and technology to make investing a more engaging experience and a more powerful driver of financial well-being.
We hope to change the world of wealth in ways that personalised delivery has changed the world of movies, music and more. In a world where every individual is unique, we believe in the power of AI-based personalisation to match individuals to financial advice and investments is necessary to driving wealth goals.
At TIFIN, we build disruptive IP, not incremental innovation. We operate at high velocity with flexibility, enabled through our focus on stretch goals and action that is measurable. We experiment, learn and adjust in short sprints to find out targets. If you're passionate about transforming the investor experience and excited to grow on the edge of your comfort zone, come and join us!
Role: Backend Architect
Amagi is a SaaS platform that lets every content owner deliver their content to consumers anytime, anywhere, to any device. Amagi helps bring entertainment to hundreds of millions of consumers leading the transformation in media consumption. We believe in a connected ecosystem bringing content owners, distribution platforms, consumers and advertisers together to create great experiences.
Amagi grew by 136% last year and is on its way to double itself again this year. The market leader in FAST (Free Ad-supported Streaming TV), it delivers more than 500 media brands to 1500+ end points and is growing exponentially.
Amagi is looking for Software Architects with 8-12 yrs experience in high level & low level design and development of highly scalable software products.
Role reporting into: Director, Streaming TV - Distribution, Analytics & Monetization
Location: Bangalore, India
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- You will lead a team of talented engineers to build the B2B products and services, as well as necessary frameworks, libraries and primitives to scale & connect our offerings together.
- Architect, design, implement and maintain highly scalable backend systems that can scale to millions of concurrent users in production.
- Derive next generation tools and technologies to support hundreds of high impactful customers on monetization products in production
- Collaborate with the product, business, design and engineering functions to be on top of your team’s deliverables & milestones.
- Timely delivery of highly reliable and scalable engineering architecture, and high quality, maintainable and operationally excellent code for your team.
- Track & monitor team & individual performance, building continuous improvement into the process
- Drive design discussions and code reviews
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Hire the top talent for your team and mentor the team members.
- 8-12 years of software development experience with demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver complex, successful engineering systems or products efficiently and with high quality.
- Good understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set up.
- Good understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
- Strong object-oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Working knowledge of one or more backend technologies from among Java, Ruby-on-Rails, Python, Golang.
- Well versed with development workflows for distributed systems deployed on the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Establishing and maintaining unit, integration and system test mechanisms in staging, pre-production and production environments
Responsibilities will include:
• Working on the full stack, from UI elements to database performance.
• Building new features from start to finish and back end to front end, including architecture design, coding, testing, and supporting in production.
• Tackling a wide variety of technical issues throughout our stack and contributing to all parts of the code base.
Key things we'll be looking for:
• Functional, real world programming experience (vs. theoretical).
• 4 to 6 years experience in Python, Django.
• The ability to hold your own on the front end and the back end.
• SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite).
• Experience with deployments to Heroku, AWS, or similar.
• A track record of balancing fast-and-dirty and long-term code maintainability.
• Experience in integrating 3rd party APIs and payment gateways.
• Experience working on a fintech or payments technology product.
Extra credit if you have:
• Experience with Postgres database administration.
• Shipped code that has supported tens of thousands of users, including enterprise/business customers.
• Experience in operations and how it pertains to site reliability/speed.
• Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage issues.
• A good eye for intuitive, user-friendly front end design.