Would you like to join a rapidly growing company where you can grow your own technology vision and strategy and build products that will positively impact millions of young people around the world?
Are you a passionate, technology driven and data enthusiastic Software Engineer who has experience launching new products in the startup world?
Virtual Internships is an EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs for young people to pursue their dream career.
We’re proud to be on ‘Tech in Asia’s Top 50 Rising Startup’ List (No.6 in Vietnam) and backed by some of the world’s top investors including Sequoia, 500 Global, among others. You'll be joining a diverse and passionate team of 120+ working in our Ho Chi Minh City (in Vietnam), and across 20+ countries that believe remote work is here to stay.
If you want to work in a flexible working environment where you can own technology, strategies, and design and build new systems from scratch using the tools YOU choose, then read on!
What you will do
Working with a world-class globally distributed team, as the Software Engineer, you will have ownership of key frontend technical strategies and goals of the VI platform on creating exceptional and impactful products for VI.
Troubleshooting interface software and debugging application codes.
Developing and implementing highly responsive front-end architecture to support customer facing user interface concepts .
Monitoring and improving front-end performance.
Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications.
Reviewing application requirements and interface designs.
Identifying web-based user interactions.
Documenting application changes and developing updates.
What do we offer?
Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
Remote working - with a budget to support your productivity and your choice of where to work from
Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
Company Laptop- paid for by VI
Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience and Head of Intern Experience
More about Virtual Internships
We’re on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all and preparing young people for the future of work.
To do this, we partner with innovative universities, foundations, governments, and companies from around the world.
Some Highlights include:
Selected by HolonIQ as a Top 100 EdTech Startup 2021
Selected by Jisc & Emerge Education as a Top 20 EdTech Startup ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges
Featured on Forbes, BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
Winners of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
Previous experience of 3+ years working as a React.js developer.
Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
Experience with user interface design.
Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest.
Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Good to have
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
Experience building products for large or medium scale enterprise (B2B) customers
Good technical competency and an understanding of working with cross functional teams
Excellent focus on attention to detail and strong quantitative skills
Experience in other frontend technologies such as Angular, Vue etc.
Having worked as a full stack engineer or developer in a product organization.
Experience with a (any) set of incredible tools for product development and task management.
About Virtual Internships
As a web application developer, your job is to program frontend modules and applications. We are looking for someone with expertise and experience in designing, developing and testing web applications including new developments, enhancements, maintenance and support. The role involves continuous collaboration with team, partners.
- Create Unit and Integration tests to ensure the quality of code
- Address and improve any technical issues
- Ability to translate Wireframes and PSD Designs into functional web apps
- Be responsive to change requests and feature requests
- Write code that is cross-platform and cross-device compatible
- Strong commitment to quality and delivery
- Collaborate well with engineers, and specialists to design and create advanced, elegant and efficient system
- Experience creating front end applications using HTML, React JS
- Database – MongoDB, SQL
- Fluent knowledge of latest HTML/CSS standards and best practices
- Experience building Responsive websites for web, tablet and mobile device
- Obsession with lean, clean and organized code
- Solid Understanding of HTTP protocol and how server-side code is processed on the client
- Knowledge of the following will be considered as an advantage
Consumer Web Development Experience for High-Traffic, Public Facing web applications
Experience with cloud technologies also a plus
Creating Unit test cases
Job Role :
o Responsible for handling end to end design & execution of all product web interfaces
o Develop new user-facing features & build reusable code and libraries for future use Work closely on UI/UX designs and back end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development problems
o Design, development, integration, delivery of different UI side modules of the product
o Experience in making responsive layouts
o Experience developing in Agile development processes
o Work closely with product management, customer support and SQA to continuously evolve and innovate the product.
o Involvement in the full development life cycle of projects. Working as a part of a team as well as on your own initiative
o Facilitate in the decision-making processes with team members both in terms of new system development and enhancement to current systems
o Experience of full software development life cycle and Agile Strong verbal & written skills required to interact with global teams. Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual
o Since this role involves working closely with users, the ideal candidate would have Knowledge of Relational database/SQL
o Ability to multi-task and work against deadlines/priorities
o Sense of ownership and desire to take on an expanded role over time. Eager to work with new technologies and apply them towards enterprise-level data solutions
o Capable of working with a global team and thriving in a team development environment. Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with real world business issues
- Deep understanding of React.js and its fundamentals, ideally including modern features like hooks
- Experience with widely used React.js state managers like Flux/Redux
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools like Webpack, Babel, NPM etc
- Knowledge of the overall browser rendering behaviour and measuring and optimising performance
- Strong hands-on experience with source code management systems like Git
Only 10% of India speaks English and 90% speak over 25 languages and 1000s of dialects. The internet has largely been in English. A good part of India is now getting internet connectivity thanks to cheap smartphones and Jio. The non-English speaking internet users will balloon to about 600 million users out of the total 750 million internet users in India by 2020. This will make the vernacular segment one of the largest segments in the world - almost 2x the size of the US population. The vernacular segment has very few products that they can use on the internet.
One large human need is that of sharing thoughts and connecting with people of the same community on the basis of language and common interests. Twitter serves this need globally but the experience is mostly in English. There’s a large unaddressed need for these vernacular users to express themselves in their mother tongue and connect with others from their community. Koo is a solution to this problem.
Koo was founded in March 2020, as a micro-blogging platform in both Indian languages and English, which gives a voice to the millions of Indians who communicate in Indian languages.
Currently available in Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu, Koo enables people from across India to express themselves online in their mother tongues. In a country where under 10% of the population speaks English as a native language, Koo meets the need for a social media platform that can deliver an immersive language experience to an Indian user, thereby enabling them to connect and interact with each other. The recently introduced ‘Talk to Type’ enables users to leverage the voice assistant to share their thoughts without having to type. In August 2021, Koo crossed 10 million downloads, in just 16 months of launch.
Since June 2021, Koo is available in Nigeria.
Koo is founded by veteran internet entrepreneurs – Aprameya Radhakrishna (CEO, Taxiforsure) and Mayank Bidawatka (Co-founder, Goodbox & Coreteam, redBus).
Technology Team & Culture
The technology team comprises sharp coders, technology geeks and guys who have been entrepreneurs or are entrepreneurial and extremely passionate towards technology. Talent is coming from the likes of Google, Walmart, Redbus, Dailyhunt. Anyone being part of a technology team will have a lot to learn from their peers and mentors. Download our android app and take a look at what we’ve built. Technology stack compromises of a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies like Kotlin, Java 15, Reactive Programming, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kubernetes, AWS, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS, Redis, Aerospike, ML, Deep learning etc. We believe in giving a lot of independence and autonomy to ownership-driven individuals.
Technology skill sets required
- Work Experience between 3 to 5 years in web development with desire to work in fast-paced startups.
- Should be capable of handling a couple of high traffic websites without much of a guidance. Good at debugging and solving cross browser issues.
- Must have experience with Express, ReactJs, Redux, Webpack etc. First hand knowledge of building PWA is preferred.
- Must understand how to optimize web page performance for SEO and snappy user experience. Must have used tools like light-house etc.
- Must be adept in using REST APIs and defining best suited contracts and schema for interacting with them. 6. Knowledge of building isomorphic (with some parts of the page as server side rendered) web applications is desirable.
We are a London, UK based FinTech startup with a subsidiary in India. Hop is working towards building the next generation digital banking platform for seamless and economical currency exchange, with technology at the crux of it. In a technology driven era, many financial services platforms still lack the customer experience and are cumbersome to use. Hop aims at building a ‘state of the art’ tech-centric, customer focused solution.
moneyHOP is India’s first cross-border neo-bank providing millennials the ability to ‘Send’ & ‘Spend’ conveniently and economically across the globe using HOPRemit (An online remittance portal) and HOP app + Card (A multi-currency bank account).
This position is a crucially important position in the firm and the person hired will have the liberty to drive the product and provide direction in line with business needs.
Looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about technology and has worked with either a start-up or a blue-chip firm in the past.
The candidate needs to be a multi-tasker, highly self-motivated, self-starter and have the ability to work in a high stress environment. He/she should be tech savvy and willing to embrace new technology comfortably.
Ideally, the candidate should have experience working with the technology stack in the scalable and high growth mobile application software.
- 3-4 years of experience in Frontend development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Exposure to Behaviour Driven Development and experience in programming and testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Accountability and Ownership
- Right attitude and growth mindset
- Ability to embrace new technologies
- Ability to get work done
- Has good code reviewing skills for conformance.
- Has good software testing skills and good code writing skills.
- Candidate should have a stronghold on HTML & CSS
- Can understand and troubleshoot REST APIs calls
- Database administration and management of a hosting environment such as AWS.
- Knowledge of SASS & LESS will be a plus as well
- Sound understanding of relational and non-relational DB systems such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB etc.
- Has experience dealing with JIRA (issue tracking tools), Confluence (knowledge management) tools.
- Experience with building and maintaining microservices.
- Experience with building and integrating the core system with external APIS.
- Good to have: Domain knowledge in the BFSI tech stack.
- Solve and articulate complex problems through application design, product development, and user experiences.
- Develop software used by people who are not software developers--ensure the exceptional software you create influences them to be exceptional professionals in their respective fields
- Collaborate with other programmers and mentor junior engineers through the development process
- Leverage the knowledge of your peers to better understand business trends, customer communities, and technology adoption patterns
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
AliveCor, the pioneer of the smartphone EKG, with millions of EKGs from a large and growing user base, seeks a Senior Software Engineer (Front-end Applications) to contribute to the Applications team. You will be an integral member of our engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading web applications that transform the healthcare industry and affect the way consumers use, engage, and act on their health data.
- Passionate about User Experience.
- Has great verbal and written communication skills to engage directly with your peers.
- Understands and is thoughtful about engineering trade-offs
- Experience building web applications with cross-browser support and RESTful API integrations
- Commitment to delivering results.
- Passionate about continuous improvement.
- B.E in Computer Science or a related discipline, or related practical experience.
- 5-8 years of Frontend development experience with at least 2 years working as a React.js Developer.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies (e.g. ES.Next).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect the Front-end applications to backend service
- Bonus points for:
- Publicly available web applications, portfolios, or examples available on a source repository (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket)
- Experience managing front end tooling (e.g. gulp, grunt, webpack, post-CSS, service workers)
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning of web application
- Experience developing back end server APIs and/or server-side rendering
AliveCor is on a mission to define modern healthcare through data, design and disruption. We’ve pioneered the creation of FDA-cleared machine-learning techniques, transformed wearable medtech to put proactive heart care at everyone’s fingertips. Kardia is the most clinically validated mobile EKG technology. AliveCor was named as one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Health for 2017 by Fast Company as part of the publication’s annual ranking of the world’s Most Innovative Companies. AliveCor was awarded the 2015 Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and one of the 50 Smartest Companies in 2015 by the MIT Technology Review. AliveCor recently announced a collaboration with Mayo Clinic that will result in new machine learning capabilities to unlock previously hidden health indicators in EKG data, potentially improving heart health as well as overall health care for a variety of conditions. AliveCor is a privately held company headquartered in Mountain View, CA.
AliveCor is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, colour, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Watch the following video demonstrating our product.
NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION:
Truminds Software Systems
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Design and Development of Web App Front end.
Web front end development experience with java script programming, reactjs / angular and Redux.
The candidate is expected to have understanding of html, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap and Material UI design
Have experience in as above and unit testing framework such as Mocha/Jasmine
• B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science/ IT or MCA would be preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Looking for someone to join our startup and work with us on several different projects. Strong communication skills are a must.
- Candidate with 2+ yrs of experience in UI development or theme implementation.
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap, Semantic UI.
- Design wireframe/layout for website, web application, mobile apps.
- Up-to-date, in-depth knowledge of modern HTML, CSS and JS.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- An eye for design to pixel perfect website conversion.
- Hands on experience on creating responsive websites using media queries (not just Bootstrap).
- Working knowledge of cross-browser-compatibility and different sizes of different screens.
- Self-motivated, good communication and ready to learn attitude.
- Experience with various JS libraries like jQuery, BackboneJS, UnderscoreJS etc.
- Experience in layout designing & theme conversion on open source CMS’s like WordPress, Drupal.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them. - Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Develop functional and appealing web and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements.
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies promotes usability best practices.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility, devices, responsive issues and ways to work around them.