Senior engineers are the heart of our engineering teams. We’re looking for talented engineers to join us in building intuitive, secure web applications with modular, well-structured components.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will have an outsized impact on our team/system/ product through shaping software development practices, contributing to architectural decisions, and mentoring other engineers.
Our main challenge is to build a secure, globally scalable system. We need to reliably ingest, quote, and track millions of parts as they are manufactured around the world. We also handle a significant amount of pre-production intellectual property. Because of this, we are looking for folks with experience developing secure, highly available cloud applications using asynchronous paradigms.
- Technical expertise – You have built highly available, business critical systems in cloud environments (AWS ecosystem preferred), particularly with event-based asynchronous programming frameworks like Node.js. Your skills include -
- Proficiency with building backend APIs and integrations
- Experience and willingness to write unit and integration tests
- Experience developing/versioning/maintaining REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with SQL & No-SQL databases
- Experience with event systems such as queues, iPaaS, event buses
- Experience with distributed systems / caching / security (OWASP Top 10) is a strong plus
- Deliver quality – You dig deeply into the nuts and bolts of how systems work and can solve problems at their root. You believe testing is an important part of creating quality software.
- Bring out the best in the team – You have the experience and knowledge to level up other engineers, not only in system design / code quality but also in collaboration and development practices.
- Team-oriented – You have a strong desire to help the team improve our collective craft. You understand that you are a leader and role model to other engineers in how you collaborate and create solutions for technical challenges.
What’s in it for you?
We are a small team taking the next step in evolving our systems and infrastructure. As a Technical Lead, you will play a key role both in guiding the technical architecture and elevating technical standards. With our team at a small size and growing, you will be well positioned to have a wide impact over a range of systems and decisions.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality products, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change An Industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
You will join us in building a highly available, performant cloud platform that scales globally with our fast-growing business. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future ... today.
We believe in providing our team members (known affectionately as "Fictors") with the support and tools they need to take their careers to the next level. At Fictiv, you’ll have the autonomy to drive big opportunities and the support to succeed.
You'll be surrounded by a passionate group of people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We foster a highly collaborative environment between all teams, across manufacturing operations, product and engineering, and growth.
We also benefit from our global diversity, with headquarters located in both San Francisco, CA and Guangzhou, China, with remote-friendly systems to keep our teams connected. Fictiv recently announced a new $35M round of funding led by 40 North Ventures to aggressively expand Fictiv’s groundbreaking Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem. Honeywell, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp., Adit Ventures, and M20 also participated, along with previous investors including Accel, G2VP, Bill Gates, and Tandon Group, bringing Fictiv’s total investment to $92M.
Fictiv is now expanding it’s engineering team into Pune, India and this is your opportunity to be part of our India journey from the very beginning and be part of the core platform engineering team that is being formed here!
Azure Chatbot Developer
Location :Bangalore / Mumbai / Pune
Build and maintain bots on Azure platform. Integration with Active directory, WEB API based integration with external systems. Training and Integrate bots as per users’ requirements. Work in line with design guidelines, best practices and standards of bot deliverable. Creative approach to the conversation flow design, human aspects in the bot responses and sentiments
a) 5 years of experience in software development with clear understanding of the project life cycle
b) Min 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Microsoft Azure Bot Framework, LUIS and other Cognitive services offered by Azure
c) Hands on experience with Machine Learning based chat bots
d) Experience with Azure bot services like Text Analytics etc.
e)Strong database skills and hands-on experience on databases like SQL Server/Oracle
f) Strong experience on Azure Active directory and adaptive cards integration in Chat bot.
g) Strong experience designing and working with
with service-oriented architectures (SOA) and WebAPIs.
h) A strong experience on Microsoft Azure, ASPNET / MVC and programming languages such as C#/VBNET
i) Knowledge of Python and NodeJS is a plus
j) Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008 stored procedures.
k) Experience with JQuery, CSS3, HTML5 or similar technologies.
l) Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- 8 to 12 years of relevant work experience in Java. Microservices and Spring Boot
2. Knowledge of designing Microservice oriented REST API's
3. Knowledge of distributed system design patterns like distributed configuration, service discovery, routing, service-to-service calls, circuit breakers etc
4. Experience developing Microservices based applications using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
5. Good understanding of relational databases and/or NoSQL DB, preferably MongoDB
6. Proven ability to guide and mentor team on design and implementation aspects
7. Excellent programming and implementation skills in Java
8. Strong fundamentals in Algorithms and data structures
9. Excellent problem solving and communication skills
10. Good understanding of version control tools like Git
About the Company
Cloudanix helps companies with security and operational excellence of their cloud infrastructure. Organizations use multiple cloud platforms, across multiple regions via multiple accounts - and this is all used by their multiple teams.
We offer a Central Dashboard and a set of tools which cross functional teams (Cloud Operation, Security, Risk, Engineering) use to manage the cloud operations in a timely and secure manner.
Cloudanix is driven by a mission that every consumer should be entitled for secure and reliable apps. We want Cloud Operation team members, of both startups and enterprises to have all the necessary tools to operate securely and effectively using cloud technologies.
We are backed by YCombinator and have have customers across the US, UK and India.
About the Team
Sujay Maheshwari, has worked both as Engineer and Product Manager at several startups and large companies in US, London and India. He has built and run a successful startup in New York with customers like HSBC, JWT, and several other popular names.
For the past several years he has been part of the Cloud journey in various roles at Pantheon, Moodys, HPE, Cloud Foundry, and other Silicon Valley companies.
Purusottam Mupunu, excels in both Saas and Cloud space. He has built and run engineering teams across the US and India. He is based out of Sunnyvale, California and is an expert in AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud technologies.
He started his journey as a software developer and today leads Cloudanix’s engineering team.
About the Role
You have an opportunity to join our passionate team working towards building our vision collectively. We are a young organization and everyone wears several hats.
We are handcrafting our engineering team from the ground up so that we succeed in our ambitious mission. If you are not afraid to take on an audacious goal and are absolutely in love with technology, you are looking at the right role!
- Work with the Founders to write code, unit test cases for the new features, and fix defects.
- Maintain the quality of our platform resulting in 100% satisfaction of our users.
- Brainstorm ideas, approaches, and technical solutions to ensure that our users get the best possible outcome.
- Learn something new about our users, technology, and how to scale a company from a startup to a large organization.
- You have a developer mindset
- Ruby on Rails experience is key, ideally in a large codebase with a focus on long-term maintainability and stability
- Understanding the fundamentals of good data modeling and SQL queries is important
- Good understanding of technology concepts like Cloud, Web Applications, Web Security
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Hands-on with dev tools like Git (Github), code debugging skills
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL or Graph databases is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP is a plus
- Experience with Docker is a plus
What can you expect in return?
- The best technical stack - Everything we have built and run is serverless. Our architecture and design are what the future is talking about. You will absolutely love how nimble our processes are and how 100% of our focus is on our customer pain.
- An opportunity to work on greenfield projects and making a dent in Indian SaaS ecosystem
- At par market salary
- A diverse set of people who are focused and mission-driven, working towards solving an acute pain for the customers
- Flexi work culture. We don’t have any strict office hours. Our work from home policy is absolutely amazing!
About Freespace* (a.k.a. Workplace Fabric)
Workplace Fabric develops solutions that makes workplaces intelligent. Our solutions help increase productivity of office workers while helping to lower the cost of real estate. Our Flagship
product Freespace is installed in over 40 cities around the world and serves over 30,000 people every day. Starting with the first deployment in March 2016 we have rapidly grown with our solution being rolled out globally while continuing to stay cash positive. With successes at several blue-chip clients Workplace Fabric has carved a unique leadership position in workplace management and employee engagement SaaS solutions.
*To find out more, follow us on social media – LinkedIn & Facebook @ workplace-fabric
What is on our offer?
- An absolutely action packed, fun, and demanding workplace lets our employees to thrive in a team-based environment with passion, fun, pride and teamwork as our core values.
- We can offer you career opportunities to challenge, develop and exceed your aspirations with training and development throughout your career.
- Life is never dull at Freespace as there is always something to learn, constantly pushing you to develop your skills and take on the next exciting challenge.
You will be an experienced Backend Engineer with an interest in data and analytics, developing our fast growing Analytics Team. Working closely as an active team member, having ownership & accountability to develop analytics stories, in delivering timely projects through Scrum. Working with product owners and team leads to clarifying requirements, challenge assumptions in order to ensure successful executions and push the client analytics to its best.
Key Skills and Experience
Good to have: TypeScript, IoT, AWS Certifications
Experience: 4-6 years
- Data processing and manipulation expert
- Able to easily comprehend and write complex & efficient SQL queries
- Ability to understand, design and fully document end-to-end scalable IoT systems
- Expert in in building Well-Architected solutions using AWS Services (eg Lambda, Athena, S3 etc)
- Comfortable with of ES6+, TypeScript & emerging web technologies
- Experience of building secure, metered REST APIs and connectors for BI tools like Tableau and PowerBI
- Hands-on programmer
- Be passionate about understanding the business problem and using data to tell the stories in delivering solutions which drive client decisions.
- Lead by example by demonstrating best practice and mentoring of team members
- Clear thinker with a systematic problem-solving approach, breaking the problem down into simple achievable and realistically estimated steps
- Seeing a project through from conception into production and support ensuring quality throughout.
- Ensure high standards by instilling data quality checks, code reviews and documentation in work and team practices.
- Able to challenge solutions and processes in creating the best products and environment to work.
- Unafraid to own mistakes
- Customer focussed
You have 3 to 14 yrs of software engineering & product delivery experience with strong
background in datastructures & algorithms
• You’ve proven software development credentials having successfully built complex
• You are experienced with one or more general programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++,
Go). Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
• You’ve proven software development credentials having successfully built complex
• You have a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science, with familiarity in
data structures, algorithms and a strong command of object-oriented principles.
• You have experience in one or more of the following areas: Server Backend, Distributed
and Parallel Systems, Full Stack Development (frontend and backend), Scalable Enterprise
Platforms and Applications, Application Security and Incident Management, Android,
iOS, and Machine Learning.
• You have a spark that separates you from the crowd and ability to think out of the box and
on your feet
• You possess multi-dimensional skills that make you a valuable co-worker in a fast,
changing and ambiguous environment
• You have the ability to learn other coding languages as needed real quick
• You are comfortable in working with a team that deals with ambiguity every day