● Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support
for service engineers.
● Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view
of system health
● Building and implementing services to make IT and support better at their jobs.
● Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
● Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our
capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually
● Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in
performance tuning and fault finding
● Experience from an agile working development environment
● Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
● Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● 3+ years of experience working within DevOps or SRE teams.
● 3+ years experience with AWS Cloud
● Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages, such
● Must have experience with Ansible, Helm, Terraform and Kubernetes.
● Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into
● Hands-on experience with Distributed Version Control System such as GIT, AWS
CodeCommit or equivalent
● Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
● Experience or familiarity with ELK stack
● Ability to use Azure DevOps
● Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, Ceph, S3 as well as
dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes)
● A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure the sustenance of their business-critical applications, evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, Build and Run a bold new mobile application for a bank, redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines or influence the lifecycle of a legacy or a modernized application. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and contribute to revolutionizing the way operations are executed by evolving the run to be highly automated and intelligence driven, thus challenging yourself each day.
Infrastructure Consultants take a multifaceted approach to helping clients achieve technical excellence by approaching challenges from both a technical and operational perspective. As consummate ‘bringers of knowledge,’ they take extra care to ensure their team and client understand operational requirements and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure that delivers and runs software services. They also help customers adopt DevOps approaches, breaking away from rigid, more traditional ways of working and pivoting to a more customer-focused and agile approach.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will evolve and revolutionse projects through analysis, evaluations, hands-on implementations and drive improvements to existing infrastructure
- You will listen to a client’s needs and formulate a technical roadmap and impactful solution that will support their ambitious business goals;
- Help shape and build Thoughtworks’ Digital operations offering through collaboration with business development, marketing, and capabilities development teams;
- Ensure build and manage the controls and processes for continuous delivery of applications, considering all stages of the process and its automations;
- You will assist in preparing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for High Priority Incidents that will help identify the underlying problems clearly and will work on the permanent fixes as needed.
- Monitor and ensure that technical expectations of deliverables are consistently met on projects;
- Act as a thought leader—at client sites and at Thoughtworks—on DevOps, cloud, and infrastructure engineering;
- Adjust and suggest innovative solutions to current constraints and business policies;
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with teammates from across the business and have a knack for communicating technical concepts to nontechnical audiences
- You are passionate about understanding the current Infra architecture and work on evolving it into a more robust, scalable, flexible, and relevant solution that will help transform the business of clients
- You are passionate about identifying and establishing new practices, tools to improve the different aspects of reliability engineering – observability & monitoring, test strategy, rollout, optimizing usage of the resources (RAM, CPU, Disk, Network)
- You are keen on working with monitoring systems for stress and performance testing with Observability Pattern: Distributed Tracing/ OpenTracing, Log Aggregation, Audit Logging, Exception Tracking, Health Check API, Application MetricS, Self-Healing/Multi-Cloud.
- You have a keen eye to look for and identify automation opportunities in the current system architecture
- You have a deep understanding of cloud and virtualization platforms, infrastructure automation, and application hosting technologies
- You regularly apply DevOps philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code to your work and lead infrastructure and operations with these approaches
- You have a history working with server virtualisation, IaaS and PaaS cloud, Infrastructure provisioning, and configuration management tools
- You can write scripts using at least one scripting language and are comfortable with building Linux and/or Windows servers systems
- Experience with continuous integration tools with different tech stacks, web or mobile
- You are willing to be part of a 24x7 availability team
Here are the skills we are looking for :
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with one of the CI/CD tools like Jenkins, BuildKite, Azure Pipelines
- Hands-on experience in implementing IaC practices using the tooling mechanisms like Terraform/Cloud formation, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in one or more of the Cloud Service Platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Hands-on experience with containerization and orchestration mechanisms using Docker, Kubernetes or helm
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the observability and monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK stack, DataDog, Prometheus and Grafana
- Understanding of the API lifecycle management and message bus technologies like APIgee, Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ
- Experience in the Networking domain - Load Balancing, Network Security and understanding of standard networking protocols and configurations
- Experience working with one or more of theses tools - Manage Engine, JIRA, PagerDuty and Slack
- Bonus points if you have experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Good to have experience working with database products like Postgres, MongoDB.
Senior Cloud Engineer / Jr. Cloud Solutions Architect
Roles and Responsibilities
Define, implement, deploy and maintain development, QA & production environments for cloud-based Azure architecture.
Create a strategy for establishing a secure and well-managed enterprise environment in Azure
Define and implement security architecture for production, ensure data security at all levels.
Provision Infrastructure as code using Azure CLI Powershell ARM templates and or Terraform with Ansible or other tools.
Develop scripts to automate the deployment of resource stacks and associated configurations
Extend MLP standard systems management processes into the cloud including change, incident, and problem management
Establish and implement monitoring and management infrastructure for both availability and performance management
Implement observability patterns using Azure Monitor Azure Application Insights and Log Analytics Workspace.
Provide internal training to the team.
5+ years of experience in IT and infrastructure
3+ years of experience in Azure design, support and management for a large-scale organization
Experience in design and implementation of high availability architecture.
Strong experience in Azure CLI Powershell and ARM Templates Terraform.
Strong understanding of IT Security and related audits
Experience with deploying applications on Linux - Ubuntu
Should know Azure offerings (Storage, OS instances, Availability zones, DR, Load balancers, VPN tunnel, Application Gateway, etc.)Cloud monitoring Experience with Azure Log Analytics Azure Monitor.
Experience with log collection tools and analysis, as well as infrastructure performance monitoring tools and optimization practices
Microsoft Azure Certification MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent certification would be an added advantage
Experience with Postgres SQL Database
Positive work ethics
Ability to adapt to dynamic environment
Ability to work independently
JD: Site Reliability Engineers
Location: PUNE, Remote
Sarvaha would like to welcome experienced SRE specialists with minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Google Cloud Platform or AWS based deployments and automation. Sarvaha is a niche software development company that works with some of the best funded startups and established companies across the globe. Your will be expected to work with a globally distributed team and contribute independently as well as lead a team of engineers. This is a hands-on position that would require you to be responsible for production software deployments across global availability zones.
- Design, write and run services that provide visibility into a leading IoT platform & underlying services
- Automate deployments, diagnostic and debugging tools
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Adhere to industry-standard security best practices
- Work with other teams in troubleshooting and keeping the systems up and running
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum 5+ years of total experience with at least 4 years of experience in SRE, DevOps or similar role. More experience in highly desired
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with one of AWS/Azure/GCP is must have for this position
- 1+ years of experience debugging code written in Python, Java or any strongly typed language
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes, Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Nagios
- 2+ years of experience with Jenkins or similar build and deploy orchestration tool
- 2+ years of experience with RDBMs and no-SQL databases (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, CDH)
- 1+ years of experience writing infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills are requisite for success of this position
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills and attention to details is highly desired
- Top-notch remuneration with non-linear growth
- Work with industry best cloud architects, DevOPs team and developers
- Excellent, no-nonsense work environment with the very best people to work with
- Cutting edge work with Fortune 500 businesses and learn from high-visibility systems that drive public facing, high-traffic systems
Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Pune (Currently WFH, post pandemic you need to relocate)
About the Organization:
A funded product development company, headquarter in Singapore and offices in Australia, United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and India. You will gain work experience in a global environment.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps / Site Reliability engineer to join our team and be instrumental in taking our products to the next level.
In this role, you will be working on bleeding edge hybrid cloud / on-premise infrastructure handing billions of events and terabytes of data a day.
You will be responsible for working closely with various engineering teams to design, build and maintain a globally distributed infrastructure footprint.
As part of role, you will be responsible for researching new technologies, managing a large fleet of active services and their underlying servers, automating the deployment, monitoring and scaling of components and optimizing the infrastructure for cost and performance.
- Ensure the operational integrity of the global infrastructure
- Design repeatable continuous integration and delivery systems
- Test and measure new methods, applications and frameworks
- Analyze and leverage various AWS-native functionality
- Support and build out an on-premise data center footprint
- Provide support and diagnose issues to other teams related to our infrastructure
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation (If Required)
- Expert-level administrator of Linux-based systems
- Experience managing distributed data platforms (Kafka, Spark, Cassandra, etc) Aerospike experience is a plus.
- Experience with production deployments of Kubernetes Cluster
- Experience in automating provisioning and managing Hybrid-Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP and On-Prem) at scale.
- Knowledge of monitoring platform (Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite).
- Experience in Distributed storage systems such as Ceph or GlusterFS.
- Experience in virtualisation with KVM, Ovirt and OpenStack.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management systems such as Terraform and Ansible
- Bash and Python Scripting Expertise
- Network troubleshooting experience (TCP, DNS, IPv6 and tcpdump)
- Experience with continuous delivery systems (Jenkins, Gitlab, BitBucket, Docker)
- Experience managing hundreds to thousands of servers globally
- Enjoy automating tasks, rather than repeating them
- Capable of estimating costs of various approaches, and finding simple and inexpensive solutions to complex problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable collaborating and supporting a diverse team of engineers
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- Flexible working hours and ability to participate in 24/7 on call support with other team members whenever required.
● 4-8 years experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Operations domains
● Experience with Linux systems and/OR Windows servers
● Specialize in one or two cloud deployment platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure
● Hands on experience with AWS services (EKS, ECS, EC2, VPC, RDS, Lambda, GKE, Compute Engine)
● Good understanding of Apache Web Server, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios
● Logging and Monitoring tools (ELK, Stackdriver, CloudWatch)
● DevOps Technologies
● Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet,
● Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker,
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing Availability, Performance, Capacity of infrastructure and applications.
- Building and implementing observability for applications health/performance/capacity.
- Optimizing On-call rotations and processes.
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge.
- Managing Infra-platforms like Mesos/Kubernetes,CICD,Observability (Prometheus/New Relic/ELK),Cloud Platforms (AWS/ Azure),Databases,Data Platforms Infrastructure
- Providing help in onboarding new services with production readiness review process.
- Providing reports on services SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts and Operational Overhead.
- Working with Dev and Product teams to define SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts.
- Working with Dev team to have in depth understanding of the application architecture
and its bottlenecks.
- Identifying observability gaps in product services, infrastructure and working with stake
owners to fix it.
- Managing Outages and doing detailed RCA with developers and identifying ways to
avoid that situation.
- Managing/Automating upgrades of the infrastructure services.
- Automate toil work.
Experience & Skills
- 6+ years of total experience
- Experience as an SRE/DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer on large scale microservices and infrastructure.
- A collaborative spirit with the ability to work across disciplines to influence, learn, and
- A deep understanding of computer science, software development, and networking principles.
- Demonstrated experience with languages, such as Python, Java, Golang etc.
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and good understanding the various
linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc).
- Extensive experience in DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, GRPC, Routing and Load Balancing.
- Expertise in GitOps, Infrastructure as a Code tools such as Terraform etc.. and
- Configuration Management Tools such as Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible.
- Expertise of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other relevant Cloud Infrastructure
solutions like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience in building CI/CD solutions with tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Spinnaker,
- Experience in managing and deploying containerized environments using Docker,
Mesos/Kubernetes is a plus.
- We are looking for a Senior SRE with a proven track record of success leading complex cloud-hybrid environments. You will have:
- Strong sense of Being an Owner, Wearing the Customer Shoes, with the ability to Empower Others demonstrated through clear
- communication and collaboration.
- Skills to work independently with multiple global teams, developing, configuring, deploying, and operating our global infrastructure on AWS and on-prem.
- Operational experience in complex distributed and real-time systems, including experience with SLO/SLAs towards high availability,reliability and DR goals.
- DevOps experience in building tools and frameworks, with an understanding of continuous deployment processes.
- Ability to think at scale, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- Experience building and managing systems with tools including Kubernetes, Chef/Ansible/Puppet, Kafka, Docker, and Terraform.
- 5+ years experience in a Software and/or Site Reliability Engineering role
- Experience writing automation code in GoLang, Python or Java
- Experience developing and operating large scale distributed systems with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in running real time and low latency high available applications (Kafka, gRPC, RTP)
- Experience running public cloud environments on AWS
- Experience running hybrid clouds and on-prem infrastructures on Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- The ability to lead, partner, and collaborate cross functionally across an engineering organization
About the Role
Dremio’s SREs ensure that our internal and externally visible services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. You will be joining a newly formed team that will spearhead our efforts to launch a cloud service. This is an opportunity to join a very fast growth startup and help build a cloud service from the ground up.
Responsibilities and Ownership
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices across our organization.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, monitoring/alerting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Analyze and optimize our core product by developing and implementing reliability and performance practices.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: SRE, DevOps, Cloud Operations, Systems Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Excellent command of cloud services on AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Have moderate-advanced experience in Java, C, C++, Python, Go or other object-oriented programming languages.
- You are Interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have a great ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- You have a solid background in software development and architecting resilient and reliable applications.
- 5+ years of software development or site reliability engineering or equivalent experience
- Skilled at problem solving, algorithms, and data structures
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
- Working with Cloud Automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl etc.
- Configuration automation using Ansible or equivalent tools
- Exposure to Windows, Linux administration skills
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello
- Prior experience in dealing with Datastore technologies like Postgres, MySQL, SQL, DynamoDB is desirable
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills