Candidate MUST HAVE product-based company experience and a minimum of 3years of experience in DevOps.
What you will do (or learn) :
1. Build our application stack on AWS. Infrastructure as code (read Terraform)
2. Build state-of-the-art CI/CD pipelines.
3. Manage data warehouses and data pipelines.
4. Work on infrastructure and data security.
5. State-of-the-art log management system and tooling around them.
6. Monitoring and alerting system.
What do we expect from you?
1. 3 to 10 years of experience with DevOps or SRE principles.
2. Good fundamentals of database management and other distributed systems management.
3. Experience in infrastructure as code or other configuration management systems.
4. Experience in scripting languages (like bash, python, go lang etc.)
5. Good understanding of Linux systems
6. Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
7. Experience in tooling around monitoring, CI/CD, log management systems.
A network of the world's best developers - full-time, long-term remote software jobs with better compensation and career growth. We enable our clients to accelerate their Cloud Offering and Capitalize on Cloud. We have our own IoT/AI platform and we provide professional services on that platform to build custom clouds for their IoT devices. We also build mobile apps, run 24x7 DevOps/site reliability engineering for our clients.
We are looking for a friendly, very hands-on technical, and dependable professional with plenty of experience as a backend & cloud engineer to provide site reliability services to our internal teams and end customers. We expect you to deliver with TOP quality & high speed. You must have experience developing and designing amazing UI screens.
This person MUST have:
- BE Computer Science or equivalent
- Cloud app development experience.
- Strong Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- A strong passion for writing simple, clean, and efficient code.
- 3 years of experience with the Django framework and other backend technologies.
- Knowledge of NodeJS
- Experience with building, modifying, and extending API endpoints (REST or GraphQL) for data retrieval and persistence.
- Understand how to use a database like Postgres (preferred choice), SQLite, MongoDB, MySQL.
- Experience creating high-performance applications.
- Experience with messaging and broker tools - Rabbitmq, MQTT
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, including requirements collection, design, implementation, testing, and operational support.
- Knowledge of web services
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools Git.
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with CloudFormation/Terraform
- Experience managing AWS infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience in Linux environment.
- Basic understanding of Kubernetes/Docker orchestration.
- Manges existing infrastructure/Pipelines/Engineering tools (On-Prem or AWS) for the engineering team (Build servers/Jenkins nodes etc.)
- Experience with scrum or other agile software development methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, decision making and influencing skills.
- Handle customer calls/emails regarding technical issues for end-users.
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Min 3 year experience
- Ahmedabad Office Or,
- Work from home
- 40 hours a week with a rotational shift every month.
- Full time/Direct
- We have great benefits such as PF, medical insurance, 12 annual company holidays, 12 PTO leaves per year, annual increments, Diwali bonus, spot bonuses and other incentives, etc.
- We don't believe in locking in people with large notice periods. You will stay here because you love the company. We have only a 30 days notice period
JD: Site Reliability Engineers
Location: PUNE, Remote
Sarvaha would like to welcome experienced SRE specialists with minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Google Cloud Platform or AWS based deployments and automation. Sarvaha is a niche software development company that works with some of the best funded startups and established companies across the globe. Your will be expected to work with a globally distributed team and contribute independently as well as lead a team of engineers. This is a hands-on position that would require you to be responsible for production software deployments across global availability zones.
- Design, write and run services that provide visibility into a leading IoT platform & underlying services
- Automate deployments, diagnostic and debugging tools
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Adhere to industry-standard security best practices
- Work with other teams in troubleshooting and keeping the systems up and running
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum 5+ years of total experience with at least 4 years of experience in SRE, DevOps or similar role. More experience in highly desired
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with one of AWS/Azure/GCP is must have for this position
- 1+ years of experience debugging code written in Python, Java or any strongly typed language
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes, Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Nagios
- 2+ years of experience with Jenkins or similar build and deploy orchestration tool
- 2+ years of experience with RDBMs and no-SQL databases (MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, CDH)
- 1+ years of experience writing infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills are requisite for success of this position
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills and attention to details is highly desired
- Top-notch remuneration with non-linear growth
- Work with industry best cloud architects, DevOPs team and developers
- Excellent, no-nonsense work environment with the very best people to work with
- Cutting edge work with Fortune 500 businesses and learn from high-visibility systems that drive public facing, high-traffic systems
Role: Platform and Infrastructure Engineer SDE3
Title: Platform and Infrastructure Engineer SDE3
Location: We are open to candidates working from anywhere in India/across the globe. We are fully remote.
Lummo (formerly Bukukas) is a SaaS startup seeking to empower entrepreneurs and brands in SEA to accelerate their growth and to serve their customers by giving them the best technology and partner solutions. Lummo offers localized solutions made for SEA, thereby shining the spotlight on entrepreneurs and brands, enabling them to discover all possibilities to grow their business. Lummo was founded as BukuKas in 2019 by serial entrepreneurs Krishnan Menon and Lorenzo Peracchione.
The journey started with BukuKas, an app to digitize the physical record-keeping books by enabling micro and small enterprises to record their sales, expenses, and cash transactions at ease using their smartphone.
Lummo's flagship product, LummoSHOP (formerly Tokko), helps growth-oriented entrepreneurs and brands unlock their full potential by helping them build a strong relationship with their consumers by selling to them directly (D2C), maximize operational efficiency across multiple channels & build their own brand online.
Backed by top venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global, CapitalG (Google’s venture fund), Credit Saison, Speedinvest, and other prominent investors and entrepreneurs like Gokul Rajaram (DoorDash), Taavet Hinrikus (Founder, TransferWise), Sandeep Tandon (FreeCharge), Santiago Sosa (Founder, Nuvemshop), Nipun Mehra (Ula, Sequoia), and Amrish Rao (Pinelabs, Citrus pay).
Having raised more than $150 Million in funding with the backing of marquee global investors, Lummo has built a world-class team with top talent from across the world and is well poised to become a legendary SaaS company that will last beyond our lifetimes
We have recently received C series funding in January 2022, read more about us here
Requirements / Responsibilities
- You have experience of 7-8 years in building high-performance consumer-facing mobile applications at Product companies of a decent scale.
- You have experience developing products on Kubernetes and cloud providers like GCP and AWS.
- You know and have worked on service meshes like Istio, Linkerd.
- You can write, code and have experience in writing platform-level components. [ex Golang, python]
- You have experience with debugging production issues and writing RCAs.
- You have demonstrable stories of being on-call and how outages have been handled.
- You understand change management in-depth and are opinionated on the steps to push the change to production.
- You have worked with Cloud Native (CNCF) technologies.
- You have worked on Distributed Systems.
- You are an excellent collaborator & communicator. You know that start-ups are a team sport. You listen to others, aren’t afraid to speak your mind and always try to ask the right questions.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a distributed team and company.
What do we offer?
- The ability for you to make an impact and lay a foundation for the upcoming fin-tech innovations
- A multicultural and diverse team of colleagues from all over the globe
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and flexible leave policy
- A collaborative and flat company culture
What’s in it for you?
Do you truly want to make a difference and revolutionize the lives of millions of business owners? Do you thrive in an environment where moving at light speed and embracing new challenges every day is essential? If yes, Lummo is the perfect place for you!
place for you!
(deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance,
Helm charts) and Deployment and administration
of one or more of: ELK stack, Kafka, Prometheus
or Grafana with Working knowledge of at least
one cloud platform (GCP, AWS or Azure) & some
configuration management system (such as Salt
or Ansible).Good understanding of networking
concepts (architecture, components, protocols)
& Solid understanding of OS concepts and
internals of Linux is a must.
Founded by a passionate team of serial entrepreneurs and alumni of IIT Delhi, U.C Berkeley, and well-known tech companies such as Uber and Zomato.
Sourcewiz is on a mission to increase India’s export GDP. This is a unique opportunity to
join a funded early-stage startup and have a massive impact on our product, culture, and
direction. It's a lot of work and a roller coaster ride. But, if you are up for it, you can join us
in replacing the tiresome and slow sales process for importers and exporters and have a
significant impact on our customers. We are not a company that believes engineers should be hidden away from decisions, churning out code for features decided from upon high. Instead, our Engineers form strong bonds with cross-functional peers in Product Management, Product Design and others to become experts in their product domain.
We’re looking for people with a strong interest in building successful products or systems;
are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; have exquisite attention to detail, and
comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Sourcewiz, you will...
• Own and improve the scalability and reliability of our products
• Working directly with product engineering team
• Work with RDBMS, Search, Caching and queuing
• Contribute expertise towards architectural planning and ensure the company builds
sustainable services that meet our customer expectations while leveraging appropriate
tools and frameworks.
• Ongoing participation in the review and testing
Who You Are
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Able to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new situations and technologies
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Systematic problem-solver, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
What you need
- 3-7 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or a mix of a software engineer and DevOps.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Linux fundamentals, System administration scripting, performance tuning/scalability, troubleshooting.
- Write great quality code using SOLID principles including unit and integration tests.
- Hands-on development experience in an object-orientated programming language like Python.
- Hands-on experience developing task automations
- Experience using tools to create and manage CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous delivery) pipelines.
- Familiarity with software development tools: source code management (SCM systems), code review systems, issue tracking tools, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools.
- Experience implementing open-source observability and alerting tools, like Prometheus, Grafana, Cortex, Thanos, Alertmanager etc
- Have decent knowledge on networking (VPC, VNet, DNS etc) and of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Worked with log and configuration management tool
- Prior experience of working with AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Prior experience of working with Kubernetes, Docker and containers is plus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Documenting your work should be in your DNA
What you get
- A chance to develop and build something (probably from scratch) which you can be proud of
- Build and Implement modern systems observability solutions including monitoring, alerting, metrics, logging, and APM & distributed tracing.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Maintain business continuity by identifying and driving opportunities to make systems highly resilient and human-free.
- Closely work with the software engineering team to ensure accurate monitoring and metrics are being built into applications before going to production.
- Develop and maintain software modules for use and re-use in cloud and on-premise systems automation.
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements to increase operational reliability
- Drive standardization efforts across the services, infrastructure, systems, and practices
- Develop Systems & Tools to help with Development team to uphold the Reliability principles
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing Availability, Performance, Capacity of infrastructure and applications.
- Building and implementing observability for applications health/performance/capacity.
- Optimizing On-call rotations and processes.
- Documenting “tribal” knowledge.
- Managing Infra-platforms like Mesos/Kubernetes,CICD,Observability (Prometheus/New Relic/ELK),Cloud Platforms (AWS/ Azure),Databases,Data Platforms Infrastructure
- Providing help in onboarding new services with production readiness review process.
- Providing reports on services SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts and Operational Overhead.
- Working with Dev and Product teams to define SLO/Error Budgets/Alerts.
- Working with Dev team to have in depth understanding of the application architecture
and its bottlenecks.
- Identifying observability gaps in product services, infrastructure and working with stake
owners to fix it.
- Managing Outages and doing detailed RCA with developers and identifying ways to
avoid that situation.
- Managing/Automating upgrades of the infrastructure services.
- Automate toil work.
Experience & Skills
- 6+ years of total experience
- Experience as an SRE/DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer on large scale microservices and infrastructure.
- A collaborative spirit with the ability to work across disciplines to influence, learn, and
- A deep understanding of computer science, software development, and networking principles.
- Demonstrated experience with languages, such as Python, Java, Golang etc.
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and good understanding the various
linux kernel subsystems (memory, storage, network etc).
- Extensive experience in DNS, TCP/IP, UDP, GRPC, Routing and Load Balancing.
- Expertise in GitOps, Infrastructure as a Code tools such as Terraform etc.. and
- Configuration Management Tools such as Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible.
- Expertise of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other relevant Cloud Infrastructure
solutions like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience in building CI/CD solutions with tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, Spinnaker,
- Experience in managing and deploying containerized environments using Docker,
Mesos/Kubernetes is a plus.
About the Role
Dremio’s SREs ensure that our internal and externally visible services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement. You will be joining a newly formed team that will spearhead our efforts to launch a cloud service. This is an opportunity to join a very fast growth startup and help build a cloud service from the ground up.
Responsibilities and Ownership
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices across our organization.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, monitoring/alerting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Analyze and optimize our core product by developing and implementing reliability and performance practices.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in the following areas: SRE, DevOps, Cloud Operations, Systems Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- Excellent command of cloud services on AWS/GCP/Azure, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Have moderate-advanced experience in Java, C, C++, Python, Go or other object-oriented programming languages.
- You are Interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have a great ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- You have a solid background in software development and architecting resilient and reliable applications.
- 5+ years of software development or site reliability engineering or equivalent experience
- Skilled at problem solving, algorithms, and data structures
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
- Working with Cloud Automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, CDK, aws-cli
- Scripting languages like Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Bash, Perl etc.
- Configuration automation using Ansible or equivalent tools
- Exposure to Windows, Linux administration skills
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello
- Prior experience in dealing with Datastore technologies like Postgres, MySQL, SQL, DynamoDB is desirable
- Familiarity with basic networking, security and cloud engineering concepts
- Team player who is eager to help others to succeed through mentoring and leading by example
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills