TeamExtn is looking for a passionate Senior Scala Engineer. It will be expected from you to build pragmatic solutions on mission-critical initiatives. If you know your stuff, see the beauty in code, have knowledge in depth and breadth, advocate best practices, and love to work with distributed systems, then this is an ideal position for you.
As a core member of our Special Projects team, you will work on various new projects in a startup-like environment. These projects may include such things as building new APIs (REST/GraphQL/gRPC) for new products, integrating new products with core Carvana services, building highly scalable back end processing systems in Scala and integrating with systems backed by Machine Learning. You will use cutting edge functional Scala libraries such as ZIO. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Product, Experience and Software Engineering teams to deliver impact.
- Build highly scalable APIs and back end processing systems for new products
- Contribute in the full software development lifecycle from design and development to testing and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and data scientists
- Drive scalability and performance within our distributed AI platform
- Full software development lifecycle from design and development to testing and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and data scientists
Skills And Experience:
- 4+ years experience with Scala, Java or other functional language
- Experience with Akka and Lightbend stack
- Expert with PostgreSQL, MySQL or MS SQL
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying and operating large scale distributed systems and actor systems
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Messaging systems such as GCP Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Solid understanding of computer systems and networks
- Production quality coding standards and patterns
- Experience with functional programming in Scala
- Knowledge of ZIO and related ecosystem
- Experience with functional database libraries in Scala (Quill preferred)
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Typescript, React and frontend UI development experience
- gRPC, GraphQL
- Perform extensive market research and collect data across different data points
- Evaluate and analyze the performance of the product across parameters
- Generate reports, create dashboards, and conduct presentation with stakeholders on the result findings
- Provide recommendations on product launch and enhancement strategies
- Continuously monitor and report product performance to stakeholders
Product Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, mathematics or any related field.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is preferred.
- Proficient in database software like MySQL
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and adapt to change in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent time management skills.
The Impact you will create on the Job
Understand and handle deploying, troubleshooting issues with Compute, Networking, Storage, Database services on AWS & Azure.
IT experience in a team handling the cloud, infrastructure and Linux, Windows operating systems.
Working on different services in AWS & Azure Cloud Platform
In depth knowledge of a wide range of AWS & Azure services in Compute, Storage, Networking, Infrastructure as a code, Serverless computing, IAM, CI/CD pipelines
Possess a thorough understanding of Internet based technologies (DNS, Security, IP Routing, SSH, FTP, HTTP/HTTPS etc.)
We are looking for cloud solution professionals with the following skill sets;
Experience: 10+ years in cloud architecting
- Analyze and understand customer business processes and workflows, define requirements and design appropriate solutions.
- Provide End 2 end cloud Solutioning along with secured infra
- Collaborate with vendors for the execution
- Well understanding on open source stack frameworks, AWS & Azure Cloud services
- Solutioning extending from green field to enterprise view
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Certified Solutions Architect( AWS / Azure)
- Recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate challenging, mission-critical projects
- Experience migrating or transforming customer solutions to the cloud
Primary Skills :
JAVA / J2EE; Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices,Angular JS, Instream data handling, Elastics search DB, Mango DB,DevOps tools- Jenkin, github,maven build, Hands on AWS & Azure cloud services,Mobile: Native and hybrid app hands on;Docker Containers , AKS,Big data and Hbase, Data Lake , service bus, AD
Secondary Skills :
- Extensive experience in Microservices, Rest Services, JPA, Automated unit testing through tools.
- Proven design skills and expertise is required.
- Good knowledge of current / emerging technologies and trends.
- Good analytical, grasping and problem solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High levels of initiative and creativity.
- Good communication skills with all stake holders, good team player with ability to mentor juniors
- 3to 4years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer
- Command line experience with Linux including writing bash scripts
- Programming in Python, Java or similar
- Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
- Extensive experience working within AWS and with it’s managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR,R53,SES, Elasticache, RDS,VPCs etc)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS)
- Version control system experience (e.g. Git)
- Networking fundamentals
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
- As part of a team implement DevOps infrastructure projects
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and productionenvironments
- Build and deploy automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Secure, scale, and manage Linux virtual environments
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disasterrecovery, and security/performance monitoring
Independent ability to execute Upgrades, OS/DB migration projects, S/4 HANA conversion and resolve issues on your own. Lead the team technically on Production support and resolve day to day technical issues Gather requirements, design, architect and implement optimal solutions for SAP landscape based on client’s requirements Should be willing to work on USA time zone as project demands
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Complete architectural know-how of ABAP and JAVA stacks and of other BASIS activities
Very good knowledge and experience on Cloud architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Ability to gather Client's business requirements and implement them with optimal technical solutions
Experience and deep knowledge of SAP systems, including S/4HANA, and the required architecture and infrastructure to support them
Provide recommendations and guidance on the SAP platform and tools
Should lead a BASIS team and act as a SPOC for customers for the production support and Project activities
Strong knowledge & hands-on experience in technical planning, implementation, upgrades, migration and maintenance of various SAP modules on premise and on cloud (preferable)
Must have strong SAP Basis skills on Operating Systems Linux/Unix, and Windows
Strong experience in most of the database like Oracle, HANA, MSSQL, DB2, Sybase and MaxDB. Table administration, Performance tuning, Backup and restore, point-in time recovery on these databases
Knowledge of infrastructure, especially cloud infrastructure is a big plus
Experience in OS/DB/Infrastructure migration especially HANA migration using SUM/DMO from any source database like Oracle/SQL/DB2
Experience in Unicode conversion and S/4 HANA migrations
Hands on experience in SAP systems sizing including HANA landscape
Good experience in HANA installation, administration and maintenance in scaled up and scaled out landscape
Expertise in configuration of SAP systems not limiting to ECC, CRM, SRM, SCM, Portal, BW, PI, GRC, GTS, MDG, MDM, HCM, EWM, Solution manager
Experience in most of these - TREX, Live cache, BEx reporting, NWDI, FIORI, Web dispatcher, BOBJ, BODS, IS, Content Server, SLT, Pre-calc, etc.
Experience in System refresh, system copy, Client copy, Client export/import
Experience in EHP upgrades, SP updates, Patches, kernel upgrades and so on
Experience with Solution manager 7.1/7.2 EWA configuration, Setup systems monitoring, Root cause analysis, Automated monitoring and alerting setup, E2E implementation of Solman
Experience in High availability setup in Unix and Windows with various clustering tools, and disaster recovery setup
Experience in security activities like central user administration, managing roles and profiles of various business systems, SSO configuration, integrating with active directory, etc.
Big plus to have automation and scripting skills on any of the BASIS activities like System Refresh, transports, monitoring, etc.
Mentor Junior staffs to train them in various support and project activities
Should possess strong problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrate strong technical leadership to solve customer problems
Excellent communication (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills
15 years’ experience as SAP Basis Engineer
SAP Netweaver, HANA, OSDB migration, Cloud (AWS/Azure) certifications preferable
2+ full lifecycle SAP implementations, 2+ upgrades, 2+ migrations/conversions, 2+ support projects
Good infrastructure knowledge on Network, Storage, etc.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Operations Engineer role with our client at Bangalore /Gurgaon. Sharing the JD for your reference. Please revert if you would be interested in this opportunity and we can connect accordingly.
9.00AM-6.00PM / 11.00AM -8.00PM / 2.00PM – 11.00PM / 7.00PM -3.00AM IST(Night shift allowance will be provided)
Lead Operations Engineer
About Our client
Who we are :
At a time when consumers are connected and empowered like never before,
Our client is helping the world's largest brands provide amazing experiences at every turn. It offers a set of powerful social capabilities that allow our clients to reach, engage, and listen to customers across 24
social channels. We empower entire organizations to work together across social, marketing, advertising,
research, and customer care to manage customer experience at scale. Most exciting, Our client works with 50% of the Fortune 500 and nine of the world's 10 most valued brands, including McDonald's, Nestle, Nike,
P&G, Shell, Samsung, and Visa.
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do As a Lead Operations Engineer at our client, you should be passionate about working on new technologies, high profile projects, and are motivated to deliver solutions on an aggressive schedule.
Candidates from product based companies only.
1. 5-7 years of exposure and working knowledge of data centers on-premise or on AWS/Azure/GCP.
2. Working Experience on Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Release & Deployments
3. Working Experience on ELK, Mongo, Kafka, Kubernetes.
4. Implement and operate SaaS environments hosting multiple applications and provide production support.
5. Contribute to automation and provisioning of environments.
6. Strong Linux systems administration skills with RHCE/Centos.
7. Have scripting knowledge in one of the following – Python/Bash/Perl.
8. Good knowledge on Gradle, Maven, etc
9. Should have knowledge of service monitoring via Nagios, Sensu, etc
10. Good to have knowledge on setting up and deploying application servers .
11. Mentoring Team members
Experience level: Minimum 10 years
This role would be leading the DBA teams of multiple experience level DBAs for a mix of – Teradata, Oracle and SQL.
Minimum 10 years of relevant Database and Datawarehouse experience.
Hands on experience of administrating Teradata.
Leading the performance analysis, capacity planning and supporting the batchops and users with their jobs.
Drive implementation of standards and best practices to optimize database utilization and availability.
Hands on with AWS Cloud infrastructure services such as EC2, S3 and network services.
Proficient in Linux system administration relevant to Teradata management.
Teradata Specific (Mandatory)
Manage and Operate 24x7 production as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of system resources.
Responsible for operational activities of a Database Administrator such as System monitoring, User Management, Space Management, Troubleshooting, and Batch/user support.
Perform DBA related tasks in key areas of Performance Management & Reporting, workload management using TASM.
Manage Production/Development databases in areas like Capacity Planning, Performance Monitoring & Tuning, Strategies Defined for Backup/Recovery Techniques, Space/ User/ Security management along With Problem determination and resolution.
Experience with Teradata Workload management & monitoring and query optimization.
Expertise with system monitoring using viewpoint and logs.
Proficient in analysing the performance and optimizing at different levels.
Ability to create advanced system-level capacity reports as well as root cause analysis.
Oracle Specific (Optional)
Database Administration Installation of Oracle software on Unix/Linux platform.
Database Lifecycle Management - Database creation, setup decommissioning.
Database event alert monitoring, space management, user management.
Database upgrades migrations, cloning.
Database backup restore recovery using RMAN.
Setup and maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
Proficient in Standby and Data Guard technology.
Hands on with the OEM CC.
- Teradata Vantage Certified Administrator
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Azure)
Department & Team
Enterprise Solutions Architect
The purpose of the role is to ensure high systems availability across a multi-cloud environment, enabling the business to continue meeting its objectives.
This role will be mostly Azure / Windows / Active Directory / Azure AD focused but will include a requirement to understand comparative solutions in AWS.
Desire to maintain full hands-on status but to add Team Lead responsibilities in future
Client’s cloud strategy is based around a dual vendor solutioning model, utilising AWS and Azure services. This enables us to access more technologies and helps mitigate risks across our infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Services Team is responsible for the delivery and support of all infrastructure used by Client twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. The team’s primary function is to install, maintain, and implement all infrastructure-based systems, both On Premise and Cloud Hosted. The Infrastructure Services group already consists of three teams:
1. Network Services Team – Responsible for IP Network and its associated components
2. Platform Services Team – Responsible for Server and Storage systems
3. Database Services Team – Responsible for all Databases
This role will report directly into the Enterprise Solutions Architect and will have responsibility for the day to day running of the Azure public cloud platform, as well as playing a key part in designing best practise solutions. It will enable the Client business to achieve its stated objectives by playing a key role in the Infrastructure Services Team to achieve world class benchmarks of customer service and support.
· Deliver end to end technical and user support across all cloud platforms (Primarily Azure)
· Day to day, fully hands-on OS management responsibilities (Primarily Windows Server OS)
· Contribute to continuous improvement efforts around cost optimisation, security enhancement, performance optimisation, operational efficiency and innovation.
· Take an ownership role in delivering technical projects, ensuring best practise methods are followed.
· Design and deliver solutions around the concept of “Planning for Failure”. Ensure all solutions are deployed to withstand system / AZ failure.
· Work closely with Cloud Architects / Infrastructure Services Manager to identify and eliminate “waste” across cloud platforms.
· Ensure robust tagging strategy followed in the organisation with accurate cost allocation of resources in Azure.
· Ensure all Client data in all forms are backed up in a cost-efficient way.
· Use the appropriate monitoring tools to ensure all cloud / on-premise services are continuously monitored.
· Drive utilisation of most efficient methods of resource deployment.
· Drive the adoption, across the business, of serverless / open source / cloud native technologies where applicable.
· Ensure system documentation remains up to date and designed according to Azure best practise templates.
· Participate in detailed architectural discussions, calling on internal/external subject matter experts as needed, to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment.
· Take part in regular discussions with business executives to translate their needs into technical and operational plans.
· Engaging with vendors regularly in terms of verifying solutions and troubleshooting issues.
· Designing and delivering technology workshops to other departments in the business.
· Takes initiatives for improvement of service delivery.
· Ensure that Client delivers a service that resonates with customer’s expectations, which sets Client apart from its competitors.
· Help design necessary infrastructure and processes to support the recovery of critical technology and systems in line with contingency plans for the business.
· Continually assess working practices and review these with a view to improving quality and reducing costs.
· Champions the new technology case and ensure new technologies are investigated and proposals put forward regarding suitability and benefit.
· Motivate and inspire the rest of the infrastructure team and undertake necessary steps to raise competence and capability as required.
· Help develop a culture of ownership and quality throughout the Infrastructure Services team.
Skills & Experience:
· Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert AZ-303– REQUIRED
· Microsoft Certified Professional ( MCP ) – REQUIRED
· AWS Certified Cloud Practicioner - Preferred
· Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of designing, implementing and maintaining best practise Azure solutions.
· Strong working knowledge of on-prem Active Directory, including GPO and Azure AD
· Proven examples of ownership of large Azure project implementations in Enterprise settings.
· Enterprise production experience of deploying infrastructure as code using Terraform
· Experience managing the monitoring of infrastructure / applications using tools including Cloud native, Solarwinds, New Relic, etc.
· Must have practical working knowledge of driving cost optimisation, security enhancement and performance optimisation.
· Solid understanding and experience of transitioning IaaS solutions to serverless technology
· Need to be able to demonstrate security best-practise when designing solutions in Azure.
· Working experience of ‘On Premise to Cloud’ migrations
· Good working knowledge around WAN connectivity and how this interacts with the various entry point options into Azure public cloud.
· Production knowledge of Windows file servers / DFS
· Strong experience in desktop virtualisation technologies in Azure
· Good appreciation of ISO27001, ITIL and Project management
· Good understanding of new and emerging technologies
· Excellent presentation skills to both an internal and external audience
· The ability to share your specific expertise to the rest of the Technology group
· Professional appearance and manner
· High personal drive; results oriented; makes things happen; “can do attitude”
· Can work and adapt within a highly dynamic and growing environment
· Team Player; effective at building close working relationships with others
· Effectively manages diversity within the workplace
· Strong focus on service delivery and the needs and satisfaction of internal clients
· Able to see issues from a global, regional and corporate perspective
· Able to effectively plan and manage large projects
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills at all levels
· Strong analytical, presentation and training skills
· Innovative and creative
· Demonstrates technical leadership
· Visionary and strategic view of technology enablers (creative and innovative)
· High verbal and written communication ability, able to influence effectively at all levels
· Possesses technical expertise and knowledge to lead by example and input into technical debates
· Depth and breadth of experience in infrastructure technologies
· Enterprise mentality and global mindset
· Sense of humour
Role Key Performance Indicators:
· Design and deliver repeatable, best in class, cloud solutions.
· Pro-actively monitor service quality and take action to scale operational services, in line with business growth.
· Generate operating efficiencies, to be agreed with Infrastructure Services Manager.
· Establish a “best in sector” level of operational service delivery and insight.
· Help create an effective team.