What is the role?
We are looking for a hands-on Android Developer to join the mobile team for Empuls. The applicant must have Android software development skills, and a passion for delivering high-quality, rock-solid apps. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java and Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
What are we looking for?
An enthusiastic individual with the following skills. Please do not hesitate to apply if you do not match all of it. We are open to promising candidates who are passionate about their work and are team players.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science and a minimum of 4 years of Software Development experience.
- Knowledge of mobile automation and experience on platforms such as espresso.
- Knowledge of application profiling and performance monitoring tools such as Android profiler, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- Excellent coding skills in an object-oriented language such as Java and Kotlin.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Have published at least one original Android app.
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
Apply only if you want to build India's Audible with us and improve lives.
We are a bootstrapped profitable company. And looking for people who take accountability and has owner mentality.
Who we are
DirectShifts is a tech platform for hospitals/employers to hire clinicians for short/full time term roles. We are disrupting the recruiting space for hiring clinicians in the United States. Our founding team comprises serial entrepreneurs. We have been called the “Uber of healthcare workers and employers”. At heart we are fast growing technology company bridging the gap in staffing for employers to enable. We work with leading employers such as Mount Sinai, Northwell health, Walmart etc.
We have raised $5.5 million from marquee investors such as YCombinator, PeakState Ventures, Altair Capital, Soma Capital Pioneer Fund, Anita Pramod (former CFO of Epic EMR), Tom Lee (founder of One Medical & Galileo) etc
What You Will Be Doing
You will be responsible for implementing ideas and mocks for our groundbreaking mobile app which is used daily by healthcare professionals - you will own the mobile development and building blocks that power our universe.
You will work closely with the founder and senior management across functions. This is a great opportunity to help healthcare systems & professionals become more efficient which directly helps them provide better care, improve outcomes and save more lives!
- 4+ years of mobile work experience with live apps on stores
- Strong iOS, Android & React native skills
- Experience with REST APIs
- High ownership at all stages of product development - from conception to maintenance
- Adaptability - learn new technologies as and when needed
- Good communication skills to get your point across
- Understanding of backend development
You will work with:
- Industry insiders and Subject matter experts from the product, sales and growth success teams
- Experienced developers, open-source contributors, competitive programmers and research enthusiasts
- Passionate, responsible, innovative and outspoken team members
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization
- Optimise application performance and reduce page loading speed
- Own, execute and deliver products/features end-to-end from planning to design to development to deployment
- Contribute towards technical architecture – including coding framework, cloud administration, security etc.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgement
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Fast learner and staying up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Be the go-to person for the team for guidance and be able to mentor and delegate tasks to junior team members
- 2+ years of experience with iOS development(Swift/Objective-C)
- Experience in Swift, in at least 1 project
- Good understanding of view layouting, multithreading, MVC architecture, application lifecycle
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to effectively integrate iOS applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
We’d be impressed if you also have –
- Experience with Google Maps SDK.
- Experience in SwiftUI
- Knowledge of cross platform development using Flutter/React Native.
- End to end Android application development - Write - Debug - Maintain and Test.
- Lead technical architecture, coding standards, and should be able to set concrete foundation for a larger team.
- Manage Existing Team
- Collaborate with founders and support team to define and design new features based on user feedback.
- Should be able to turn wireframes into high quality, performant, reusable and easy to maintain code.
- Be end-user focused - which is to understand the typical Indian shop owner and building the app experience around them.
- Writing code that runs smoothly on low-end to high end android devices.
- Understand and measure how your features are used via data analytics, and suggest and make improvements.
- Being agile and continually improving to adapt to new challenges faced.
- Need to have a solid understanding of Android development, with understanding of the current best practices.
- Should be proficient in Kotlin, Kotlin Coroutines and async programming.
- Should have experience with incorporating Rest APIs with JWT based authentication and authorisation.
- Experience with threading and performance tuning.
- Experience with DI framework like Hilt or Dagger.
- Experience with Room or SQLite.
- Should have a solid understanding of Android ecosystem and its app development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment, integrity, communication skills, and impact.
- Strong communicator and collaborator.
- Should be able to work flexibly on other facets of an agile startup.
- Backend development (NodeJS).
- Cloud server stack management (AWS/GCP).
- Like to leave code better than you found it.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
The company is building the platform to drive global careers for millennials from emerging economies
We work at the exciting intersection of the 2 hottest trends around - edtech & fintech!
And we love that we succeed as a business while powering the dreams of talented students!
The company building the core engineering team and looking for an Android developer who can take ownership and deliver independently.
The best candidates will check all OR many of these boxes :
● 2+ years of experience in an engineering role
● Essential skills required are Java, Android Framework
● Good to have experience in Android Architecture components (MVVM), Kotlin & Dagger
● Experience with early-stage start-up & application published in Play Store is a plus
Why is this a great opportunity for the right candidate :
● Experienced founding team
● Right to win - The founding team knows the business & its secrets inside out. We are
starting with a significant head start and a precise plan of action
● Barriers to entry - This is a specialized play with natural barriers to entry, allowing for
significant value creation for all equity holders
● Backed by marquee global investors
● Exposure to all aspects of company building - exposure to investors, fund-raising,
decision making, building the team & culture
● All of the above perks of joining a high potential company very early, along with a
competitive market salary.
Website – www.likeminds.community
Designation – Sr. iOS Developer
Location – Gurgaon
- Designing and building Likeminds iOS application.
- Collaborating with the design team to define app features and building a high quality application
- Ensuring quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Fixing application bugs before final release
- Publishing application on App Store
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application
- Designing and implementing application updates
- Proven experience as an app developer.
- Proficient in Objective-C, Swift, Xcode and Cocoa Touch
- Extensive experience with iOS Frameworks and strong understand of development lifecycle
- Knowledge of iOS back-end services.
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Mercurial, Git, and SVN.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience with continuous integration
Prior experience working in a startup is a plus.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of software engineering practices, Data Structures & Algorithms.
- Solid programming skills in Java/Kotlin.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Experience in Reactive programming, Asynchronous programming and Unit Testing will be an added advantage.
- 6-10 years of experience in product driven organization.
Experience with React.js and Redux.
Hands on experience in Application Design and Development on React Native platform.
Experience in Mobile application development Android/iOS will be the bonus.
Understanding of React Native's best practices for application development. Strong understanding of the development of UI transitions, animations, image processing etc will be the bonus.
Experience in leading development projects.
Understanding of Unit Testing, Debugging Methodology used in React Native Apps.
Understanding of available framework(s) for application development on the ReactNative platform.
Understanding the integration of native modules with React Native code will be the bonus.
Basic knowledge of Nodejs, NPM and node modules.
Require knowledge of Version Control GIT.