With 30B+ medical and pharmacy claims covering 300M+ US patients, Compile Data helps life science companies generate actionable insights across different stages of a drug's lifecycle. Through context driven record-linking and machine-learning algorithms, Compile's platform transforms messy and disparate datasets into an intuitive graph of healthcare providers and all their activities.
- Build tools to monitor and maintain Compile infrastructure
- Help scale and automate engineering operations at Compile
- Directly impact developer productivity by building pipelines and tools
- Comfortable in a shell, experience in writing shell scripts
- Experience with a cloud provider like AWS, DigitalOcean is a plus
- Experience in a programming language, especially Python is a plus
- Experience with Iaas (terraform, pulumi), config management (chef, ansible, puppet) is a plus
- Experience with monitoring solutions like Nagios/Icinga is a plus
Candidates for the AWS/ Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification should have subject matter expertise in designing and implementing solutions that run on Microsoft Azure, including aspects like compute, network, storage, and security. Candidates should have intermediate-level skills for administering AWS/Azure. Candidates should understand AWS/Azure development and DevOps processes.
Responsibilities for this role include advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud solutions.
An AWS/Azure Solution Architect partners with cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and clients to implement solutions.
A candidate for this certification should have advanced experience and knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance–this role should manage how decisions in each area affect an overall solution. In addition, this role should have expert-level skills in AWS/Azure administration and have experience withAWS/ Azure development and DevOps processes.
A solution architect’s responsibilities directly derive from processes in practice:
- Analyzing the technology environment
- Analyzing enterprise specifics
- Analyzing and documenting requirements
- Setting the collaboration framework
- Creating a solution prototype
- Participating in technology selection
- Controlling solution development
- Supporting project management
- Need to run our software products in different international environments (on premise and cloud providers)
- Support the developers while debugging issues
- Analyse and monitor software during runtime to find bugs, performance issues and plan growth of the system
- Integrate new technologies to support our products while growing in the market
- Develop Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Pipelines
- Maintain our on premise hosted servers and applications, like operating system upgrades, software upgrades, introducing new database versions etc.
- Automation of task to reduce amount of human errors and parallelize work
- Basic OS knowledge (Debian, CentOS, Suse Enterprise Linux)
- Webserver administration and optimization (Apache, Traefik)
- Database administration and optimization (Mysql/MariaDB, Oracle, Elasticsearch)
- jvm administration and optimization application server administration and optimization (Servicemix, Karaf, Glassfish, Springboot)
- Scripting experience (Perl, Python, PHP, Java)
- Monitoring experience (Icinga/Nagios, Appdynamics, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Knowledge container management (Docker/ContainerD, DC/OS, Kubernetes)
- Experience with automatic deployment processes (Ansible, Gitlab-CI, Helm)
- Define and optimize processes for system maintenance, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Excellent communication skill & proficiency in English is necessary
- Leadership skill with team motivational approach
- Good Team player
- Freedom to realise your own ideas & individual career & development opportunity.
- A motivating work environment, flat hierarchical structure, numerous company events which cannot be forgotten and fun at work place with flexibilities.
- Professional challenges and career development opportunities.
Your Contact for this position is Janki Raval .
Would you like to become part of this highly innovative, dynamic, and exciting world?
We look forward to your expressive Resume.
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
• 4+ years of infrastructure and operations management
Experience at a global scale.
• 4+ years of experience in operations management, including monitoring, configuration management, automation, backup, and recovery.
• Broad experience in the data center, networking, storage, server, Linux, and cloud technologies.
• Broad knowledge of release engineering: build, integration, deployment, and provisioning, including familiarity with different upgrade models.
• Demonstratable experience with executing, or being involved of, a complete end-to-end project lifecycle.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills – both oral and written.
• Skilled at collaborating effectively with both Operations and Engineering teams.
• Process and documentation oriented.
• Attention to details. Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to simplify complex situations and lead calmly through periods of crisis.
• Experience implementing and optimizing operational processes.
• Ability to lead small teams: provide technical direction, prioritize tasks to achieve goals, identify dependencies, report on progress.
• Strong fluency in Linux environments is a must.
• Good SQL skills.
• Demonstratable scripting/programming skills (bash, python, ruby, or go) and the ability to develop custom tool integrations between multiple systems using their published API’s / CLI’s.
• L3, load balancer, routing, and VPN configuration.
• Kubernetes configuration and management.
• Expertise using version control systems such as Git.
• Configuration and maintenance of database technologies such as Cassandra, MariaDB, Elastic.
• Designing and configuration of open-source monitoring systems such as Nagios, Grafana, or Prometheus.
• Designing and configuration of log pipeline technologies such as ELK (Elastic Search Logstash Kibana), FluentD, GROK, rsyslog, Google Stackdriver.
• Using and writing modules for Infrastructure as Code tools such as Ansible, Terraform, helm, customize.
• Strong understanding of virtualization and containerization technologies such as VMware, Docker, and Kubernetes.
• Specific experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon EC2 deployments and virtual machines.c
Role and responsibilities
- Expertise in AWS (Most typical Services),Docker & Kubernetes.
- Strong Scripting knowledge, Strong Devops Automation, Good at Linux
- Hands on with CI/CD (CircleCI preferred but any CI/CD tool will do). Strong Understanding of GitHub
- Strong understanding of AWS networking and. Strong with Security & Certificates.
- Involved in Product Engineering
- Experience of managing Engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Expert knowledge of delivering solutions in Azure cloud within a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Great understanding of DevOps principles and how they assist in taking products to market in an effective manner.
- Experience of Automation/Configuration management tools as well as working in a continuous delivery environment, monitoring and tooling.
- Knowledge and experience in Azure, Kubernetes, Containerisation, Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Experience in managing permissions in Azure DevOps.
- Working experience in Application Gateways, App Services, Front-Door, Azure Service Bus, etc.
- Troubleshooting experience in virtual/cloud infrastructures.
- Experience in delivery of projects using IAC (Infrastructure as Code).
Engineering Leader, Cloud Infrastructure.
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Do you thrive on solving complex technical problems? Do you want to be at the cutting edge of technology? If so,we’re interested in speaking with you!
We’re looking for a seasoned engineering leader in the Cloud team that is responsible for building, operating, and maintaining a customer-facing DBaaS service in multiple public clouds (AWS, GCP, and Azure). The service supports unified multiverse management of YugabyteDB, including fault-domain aware provisioning, rolling upgrades, security,
networking, monitoring, and day-2 operations (backups, scaling, billing etc). If you’re a strong leader who exemplifies collaboration, who is driven and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, and who has a strong desire to build an internet-scale, extensible cloud based service with strong emphasis on simplicity and user experience, this job is for
Lead, inspire, and influence to make sure your team is successful
Partner with the recruiting team to attract and retain high-quality and diverse talent
Establish great rapport with other development teams, Product Managers, Sales and Customer Success tomaintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
Ensure teams have appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact andlong term architectural vision.
Occasionally contributing to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teamswith release commitments, to gain an understanding of the deeply technical product as well as to keepyour technical acumen sharp.
BS/MS degree in CS-or- a related field with 5+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high-functioning teams
Strong fundamentals in distributed systems design and development
Ability to hire while ensuring a high hiring bar, keep engineers motivated, coach/mentor, and handle performance management
Experience running production services in Public Clouds such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
Experience with running large stateful data systems in the Cloud
Prior knowledge of Cloud architecture and implementation features (multi-tenancy, containerization,orchestration, elastic scalability)
A great track record of shipping features and hitting deadlines consistently; should be able to move fast,build in increments and iterate; have a sense of urgency, aggressive mindset towards achieving results and excellent prioritization skills; able to anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them
Ability to influence the team, peers, and upper management using effective communication and collaborative techniques; focused on building and maintaining a culture of collaboration within the team.
- Cloud and virtualization-based technologies (Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMWare).
- Java Application Server Administration (Weblogic, WidlFfy, JBoss, Tomcat).
- Docker and Kubernetes (EKS)
- Linux/UNIX Administration (Amazon Linux and RedHat).
- Developing and supporting cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding application development teams.
- Configuration Management tools (Chef or Puppet or ansible).
- Log aggregations tools such as Elastic and/or Splunk.
- Automate infrastructure and application deployment-related tasks using terraform.
- Automate repetitive tasks required to maintain a secure and up-to-date operational environment.
- Build and support always-available private/public cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
- Build AWS or other public cloud infrastructure using Terraform.
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes (EKS) based docker applications in AWS.
- Create custom OS images using Packer.
- Create and revise infrastructure and architectural designs and implementation plans and guide the implementation with operations.
- Liaison between application development, infrastructure support, and tools (IT Services) teams.
- Development and documentation of Chef recipes and/or ansible scripts. Support throughout the entire deployment lifecycle (development, quality assurance, and production).
- Help developers leverage infrastructure, application, and cloud platform features and functionality participate in code and design reviews, and support developers by building CI/CD pipelines using Bamboo, Jenkins, or Spinnaker.
- Create knowledge-sharing presentations and documentation to help developers and operations teams understand and leverage the system's capabilities.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
- Leverage scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python) to build required automation and tools on an ad-hoc basis.
Who we have in mind:
- Solid experience in building a solution on AWS or other public cloud services using Terraform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge in containerized application and deployment in Kubernetes
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating system, RHEL preferred.
- Proficiency with shell scripting.
- Experience with Java application servers.
- Experience with GiT and Subversion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Experience working in a large-scale operational environment.
- Internet and operating system security fundamentals.
- Extensive knowledge of massively scalable systems. Linux operating system/application development desirable.
- Programming in scripting languages such as Python. Other object-oriented languages (C++, Java) are a plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management Automation tools (chef or puppet).
- Experience with virtualization, preferably on multiple hypervisors.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in related fields
- Certificates of training in associated fields/equipment’s
Certified Ethical Hacker Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- CEH Certification.
- Proven work experience of at least 2-5 years as a Certified Ethical Hacker.
- Advanced knowledge of networking systems and security software.
- In-depth knowledge of parameter manipulation, session hijacking, and cross-site scripting.
- Technical knowledge of routers, firewalls, and server systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to see big-picture system flaws.
- B.Tech/B.E.(IT/Computers), B.Sc( Computers), MSc (IT), BCA (Computer) or any equivalent graduation or post-graduation
Need a strong Amazon Web Service developer with experience developing APIs using Lambda functions. The candidate must have a very good familiarity with API and deployment of API in AWS knowledge are mandatory.