- Ensuring that micro services are used wherever it makes sense.
- Mentoring team and finding the right balance towards process and documentation.
- Working on interesting technical challenges in a product centric and open-source driven environment.
- Helping set a very high bar on code quality.
- Taking ownership of product features from conception to implementation, testing deployment and support.
- Working on open source as much as possible, and blogging about cool things that he/ she learnt and built.
- Helping define who we become as a company.
- Getting stock options in line with Silicon Valley standards.
What you need to have:
- Any engineering graduate
- 4 to 10 years of experience in building app architecture
- The role requires a good knowledge of Algorithmic Design and Architecture, Data structures, OOPS Concepts, serverless architectures and complex problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Full stack CTO
- Must have worked as backend lead
- Ownership - A lot of freedom on when and where you work from - just get stuff done.
- Be part of a team that will be building SAAS products from scratch.
- As an engineer you have expertise on building scalable api with microservice architecture.
- Driving, defined software architecture and enterprise capabilities (scalability, fault tolerance, extensibility, maintainability, etc.)
- Understand any cloud services and contribute significantly to build devops culture.
- Understand data lake , data warehouse and BI concepts. Working experience would be an added advantage.
- Design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- The ideal candidate learns quickly on any technology required to build a data lake or data warehouse.
- Becoming part of a cross-functional self-sustaining team with end to end responsibility
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Applying engineering and analytical skills to solve real business problems.
- Owning end to end responsibility of design/architect/develop/deploy phases
- Take responsibility for the culture, mentorship, development, and career management of your team members with guidance from senior leaders
- Develop and inculcate a culture of maintaining highest levels of development practices including: technical design, solution development, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution, quality assurance, writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code, with repeatable quality and predictability
- Support teams to be highly productive with high degree of ownership
- Establish a high performing, inclusive engineering culture focused on innovation, execution, growth and development.
- Technically hands-on with prior experience in scalable architecture.
- 3+ years of software engineering and product delivery experience
- Has knowledge of big data, data warehousing and data lake and has experience in related tools and technologies like Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google Bigquery, etc.
- Exceptional coding skills in at least one of the mainstream languages (Golang/Python)
- Strong understanding of systems architecture
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies and expertise in cloud technologies like AWS/Google Cloud
- Experience developing end-to-end products, SaaS product experience is a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills focused on improving collaboration.
When people work below their true potential, everything suffers. The economy, the society, their personal life, health and happiness.
Welcome to today’s professional world where:
- Older job skills are becoming irrelevant. There is a constant need to upgrade.
- The value of work matters more than the number of years of experience a person has.
- The education system is still failing to prepare people for the real professional world.
- You can work on anything from anywhere for whatever time
- Figure our their career interests paths
- Learn the skils
- Share learnings
- Find people for mentorship, side projects, freelancing etc
- Get opportunities to apply their skills at place that fits their needs
We are a small, remote team that believes in
- Working with a few, but only with highest quality team members who want to become the very best in their fields.
- Having a flat organisational structure with merit-first, no-politics environment
- Partnering with our employees to achieve their career goals and helping them grow professionally, financially and holistically.
About this role
As a frontend engineer at CutShort, you will be a part of a small but highly cross functional team. You will get an opportunity to work on anything that contributes to the success of the company (e.g being able to help automate sales and marketing processes, etc) and not just be limited to working on the core product. Requirements of the role are as follows
- You must have at least 3 years of full-time experience in building UI using either React (Our tech stack is MEAN with Angular 1 but we are migrating to MERN).
- React Native experience is a bonus.
- Experience in creating beautiful User Interfaces (a must - you need to be obsessed with details such as alignment and spacing.
About Drip Capital & Tech Team
The engineering team at Drip Capital is responsible for building and maintaining the online global trade financing platform that supports the interactions between buyers, sellers, financing partners, insurance agents, global retail partners, trade agents, shipping & transportation companies, supply chain, and warehousing companies worldwide.
Our primary goal is to ensure that customers are provided time-critical capital and at the same time balance requirements related to risk, fraud management, and compliance. The services are accessed by customers worldwide and hence the engineering systems need to be policy-driven, easily reconfigurable, and able to handle multiple regional languages. We use machine learning for risk classifications/predictions, intelligent document parsing subsystems, robotic process automation, REST APIs to connect our microservices, and a cloud-based data lake and warehouse for data storage and analysis.
Our team comprises talent from top-tier institutions including Wharton, Stanford, and IITs with years of experience at companies like Google, Amazon, Standard Chartered, Blackrock, and Yahoo. We are backed by leading Silicon Valley investors - Sequoia, Wing, Accel, and Y Combinator. We are a global company headquartered in Silicon Valley along with offices in India and Mexico.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Drip Capital’s engineering team, you will have the opportunity to take ownership of :
- Designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the microservices that work in tandem to provide time-sensitive capital for customers worldwide
- Working closely with product managers to understand customer requirements and define what needs to be built
- Building machine learning-powered analytics and risk modules that adapt to individual and market variations
- Create and enhance workflow automation, rules engine modules using robotic process automation, intelligent document scanning
- 3+ years of relevant work experience of building low latency distributed systems, that are scalable, reliable
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of one programming language that is used to build backend applications such as Ruby, Golang, Java, C/C++, Python
- Knowledge of building low latency distributed systems, that are scalable, reliable
- Understanding of software architecture fundamentals, such as object-oriented design, abstractions, and system design
- A desire to build well-engineered reusable backend components with high-quality code. Basic knowledge of test-driven software development
- Ability to debug issues across microservices and multiple levels of the stack
- Prior open source contributions are a plus
If you love building scalable, high-performance, reliable distributed systems and want to work with people who feel the same way you do, let's talk!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality products for our end users. They will be working on the development of backend systems for our first and new products at Navi.
- 1-2 years of software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals.
- Good knowledge of Java ecosystem.
- Can write code that is readable, maintainable and performant.
- Strong Problem Solving skills, good hold on Data Structure & algorithms.
100ms is building a Platform-as-a-Service for developers integrating video-conferencing experiences into their apps. Our SDKs enable developers to add gold standard audio-video quality conferencing with much faster shipping times.
We are a team uniquely placed to work on this problem. We have built world-record scale live video infrastructure powering billions of live video minutes in a day. We are a remote-first global team with engineers who've built video teams at Facebook and Hotstar.
100ms' Platform-as-a-Service will reduce shipping live conferencing application time to days instead of months, allowing companies to focus on their core business.
We are looking for a few young software engineers to join our team, explore new technologies and solve cutting-edge technological problems.
As a software engineer(backend), you will be responsible for design, development and scalability of our backend platform.
- Design and development of backend services
- Scalability, Reliability and Security of the applications
- End to end ownership of the features and modules
- Articulate complex architecture problems, drive engineering excellence and collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Help scale our platform to support billions of minutes a day across thousands devices around the world
- Share technical practices, build development teams, and improve workflows
- Contribute to open source as we set the standards for video conferencing
- Mentorship of other team members
- Bachelor's degree in (Computer Science/Information Technology) or equivalent practical experience
- At least 1-4 years of experience as Software Engineer/Developer
- Experience in building scalable applications
- Understanding of OOPS concepts, threading
- Experience in building RESTful APIs with monitoring, fault tolerance and metrics
- Proficient in Go or Python or any other server side programming language
- Knowledgeable in data structures and algorithms
Good to have:
- Experience with video conferencing, Sockets, WebRTC, and realtime communication
- Experience with Video Streaming, HLS, Dash.
- Prior experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes
- Ability to take on complex and ambiguous problems
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Strong inclination to keep up-to-date with latest trends, learn new concepts, or contribute to open-source projects and would be eager to talk about ideas in internal or external forums
- You'll be part of a small team at a fast-growing engineering-first startup
- You'll work with engineers across the globe with experience in video at places like Facebook and Hotstar
- You can grow as an individual contributor or as a team leader - freedom to set your own goals
- You'll work on problems at the cutting-edge of real-time video communication technology at massive scale
Total of 3-5 years of experience building cutting-edge products.
Must have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, concurrency, and fundamentals of computer science.
Technically Hands-on, prior experience with scalable Architecture.
Bring 3-5 years of software engineering and product delivery experience, with a strong background in algorithms.
Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithm Proficiency in implementation of algorithms and use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing
Exceptional coding skills in an Object-Oriented programming language (Python preferred with Django framework).
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
Experience with web technologies Java/Python, Linux, Apache, MySQL, solr, memcache, redis.
Experience in architecting & building real-time, large-scale e-commerce applications.
Experience with high-performance websites catering to millions of daily traffic is a plus.
Java/ Python, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Problem Solving, Scalability, Design Patterns, Distributed System
Develop complex software products that include scale, algorithmic complexity, and a huge amount of data.
Build cutting-edge scalable systems by writing simple and efficient code.
Code, develop, design, and architect features related to the existing application. We expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you ship
Contribute to all aspects of an agile software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing, and operations.
Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores, and support
Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test, and release products
Take responsibility for performance and stability for all server functions
Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Understands detailed requirements and demonstrates excellent problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms
- Excellent programming skills in ROR, Golang, NodeJS, Python or Java
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and ability to deliver results
- 2+ years of experience in product driven organization
NewsBytes is India's only multi-lingual digital media company with the capability to produce content via an AI-based engine.
We are looking to hire a back-end developer who is proficient in PHP.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of PHP and Laravel Framework is a plus
- Basic understanding of CSS, JS, and HTML5
- The familiarity of Linux Environment is a plus
- Sound knowledge of design patterns and algorithms
Ideal candidate should be able to guide multiple projects at once in a dynamic and expeditious environment. You will be responsible for developing a world-class product with clean, well-documented code and at the same time ensuring high performance & scalability using proper design principles. You will be responsible for writing server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end part. Needless to mention you have demonstrated ability towards urgency, ownership, sharing success and competent enough to excel prevailing engineering velocity at Cogoport.
You should be a modern thinker and believer of manager and hierarchy free organisation like Cogoport. The ideal candidate would be assessed basis the defined role fitment. Critical is that you are curious and learner to be able to seek out and evaluate new ideas and bringing them back into the organisation. If you have outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications, then let's get in touch!
1. Problem Solving: You should have the rigour and discipline to approach most of the problems and ensure the delivery of quality work ahead of timelines. You are able to look at a problem, define and brainstorm ways to achieve an optimal solution and pick the best engineering approach to bring the software productivity.
2. Architectural Design: You should have in-depth knowledge to design highly scalable architecture. You have strong experience in building products ensuring scalability in tech architecture & design implementation.
3. Database: Should have strong expertise in the database to manipulate data in the software system to minimize data redundancy and maximize the speed of retrieval. Knowledge of MongoDB, MySql, PostgreSQL database is preferred.
4. Algorithm Skills: You should be adept in all algorithm aspects to define an efficient way of solving the problem. You will solve complex problems with algorithms embedded in logical thinking and creating the most efficient and optimum code.
5. Code Quality: Enhancing the code quality by structuring the code & making sure that all the guidelines are followed to ensure enhancing code efficiency & reduction of code failure & bug rectification.
6. Product Inclination: A Software Engineer not only gets involved in coding but should equally understand the product/feature to think & cover all the possible business edge cases coming on the way.