Business Development/Merchant Acquisition Job Description
Role Summary: In this role, the person would be responsible for people development and managing end-to-end merchant onboarding operations spanning lead generation, seller onboarding, and post-launch engagement. He/she will Identify, engage, onboard and support merchants.
- Responsible for the overall merchant onboarding operational performance
- Perform Lead generation activities – Identify potential sellers through primary and secondary research, business listings, industry-specific databases, social media, referrals, and outbound calling – to build a healthy pipeline
- Put together acquisition collateral, sales scripts, segment database for approachable sellers, begin building sales pipeline
- Pre-screen sellers to ensure acceptance based against GMV potential & category suitability
- Assist sellers through the onboarding process
- Draft weekly written report and full sales funnel overview allowing for full clarity on sellers contacted and pipeline progress achieved
- Post-launch engagement – Track seller performance to maximize merchandise sale value, drive sponsored product and coupon adoption, order management, boost sales conversation, and merchant training, relationship management and support
- Manage onboarding experience including resolving onboarding / KYC related issues or KYC issues and exceptions to provide an exceptional merchant onboarding experience
- Ownership of Day-to-day operations to ensure all deliverables are met
- Identify Improvement Opportunities in Onboarding function, work with Product & Business teams for implementation.
- Gather all key learnings from Sellers and standardize, automate and scale the onboarding process, through partnership with internal stakeholders and use of technology.
- Work closely with various internal groups to understand business requirements, implement new processes, and contribute to ongoing process improvements.
- Ability to understand data trends and make inferences and recommend actions for improvement
To be successful, you must be able to:
- Identify, qualify, acquire and grow seller commitment to the Selling on Carorbis.
- Understand seller needs, defining clear project plans and executing to high expectations in a rapidly changing environment.
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have the Seller success firmly as the focus.
- Analyze customer data and make recommendations in order to maximize the potential of assigned sellers. Execute successfully on the plan recommended.
-Influence Sellers by acting as an expert of Carorbis tools and services.
-Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
-Meet or exceed quarterly Seller launches.
-Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the ‘Sell on Carorbis’ product.
Desired skills and experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution
- At least 1 to 3 years of sales/business development/leads generation experience
- Knowledge in Customer & Merchant KYC, Lead generation, Lead management and Onboarding function
- Proficient in MS applications e.g., Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint.
- Self-driven, proactive, with high levels of urgency and ownership
- Data-savvy; able to present & explain insights to stakeholders
- Strong problem solving, presentation & communication skills
- Strong number orientation
- Resourceful, adaptable, and teachable
- Driven, resourceful and independent
- Experience in acquiring merchants is an advantage
Basic Qualifications and Skills Required
- An understanding of and passion for e-commerce
- Work experience is preferred (2+ years). Relevant experience in Vendor management, Sales, post sales, Account Management, and Business Development in managing B2B Business.
- Exposure to retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing or e-commerce will be a plus
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented
- Operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives
- Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems
- Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards
At Carorbis, we believe there is a better way to buy parts for your vehicle. It’s one of the least
understood and least transparent industries. Our goal is to simplify buying auto parts for
everyone through our business, education, and community. We are obsessively passionate about it.
If you're looking to join a fast scaling startup, that is making an impact on millions of car owners by making genuine products accessible > Solving supply issues in the automotive sector > and educating customers, then this is the job for you.
We offer great flexibility with benefits like work from home, paid leaves, flexible hours, and great pay. You will also have an opportunity for exponential growth.
Carorbis is one of the fastest-growing online automotive stores in India. A team of young professionals who are changing the automotive industry.
At Carorbis, we believe there is a better way to buy parts for your vehicle. It’s one of the least understood and least transparent industries. Our goal is to simplify buying auto parts for everyone through our business, education and community. We are obsessively passionate about it. We’re small and flexible enough for every team member to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our vision, for those actions to have a big impact. We are looking at exponential growth in the next few months, and are building the team towards the same.
We are currently looking for "Business Development Executive" for US IT staffing for our branch office in Noida.
Head Field Solutions Pvt. Ltd
B-8, Sector 59 (Noida)
It is a sales position responsible for developing, maintaining, and growing business within the IT/Engineering niche.
Activities include client development, meeting sales objectives, obtaining requisitions/job orders, building relationships, penetrating client accounts and ensuring delivery.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The primary focus is to bring new business from new and existing clients.
- Define and develop lead generation strategies and marketing plans for new accounts & to further penetrate existing accounts.
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with prospective clients, continuously assessing and communicating how Head Field as a Staffing Solutions can meet their needs.
- Negotiates contractual terms and conditions for employment services, and works with the operations and recruiting teams to ensure smooth handoffs.
- The candidate should:
- Work on getting Contract Staffing requirements from direct clients /Tier-1 Vendors and closing open positions.
- Cold calling and Market research to locate the potential Vendors/Clients.
- Should provide timely feedback to the management regarding performance, activity reports and account strategy concerns.
- Expertise generating new business for IT Staff Augmentation Services.
- Excellent interpersonal, rapport-building and negotiation skills.
- Expert in Delivery Management / Client Servicing.
Desired candidates profile:
The candidate must possess a proven ability to prospect, develop business and build relationships.
- 0-3 years of experience as BDE/BDM in US Staffing.
- In addition, they must demonstrate a strong customer focus and personal leadership and solid negotiation and presentation skills.
- Individuals experienced in sales and account management who are persistence and have a strong drive to win over new clients and build new business are the best fit.
- Employee friendly Corporate Work culture
- Excellent Salary structure
- Timings are fixed (6:30 pm to 3:30 am) with Saturday and Sunday Off
- Best in class infrastructure
- In-House Meals are available.
- Strong recognition for our employees, giving them excellent career path.
Role Details :
We are looking for dynamic, open-minded self-starters who enjoy Business Leadership
roles and would like to build a Category in an extremely fast-growing healthcare e-
commerce company impacting millions of Indians.
Key Responsibilities :
- Category Growth : Driving marketplace growth of the relevant category keeping in mind
the consumer and competition.
- PnL : Owning P&L for the relevant category in alignment with business goals. The
Category manager would be responsible for the revenue targets as well as the gross
- Selection : Responsible for merchandising, assortment planning, option plans pre-
season as well as in season to ensure that the Category is well represented
- Cross-Functional Capabilities : Should be able to fruitfully coordinate with marketing,
supply chain, cataloging, finance / commercial and other functions of the organization.
- Supervision and Monitoring of Operations : Should have prior experience or enough
knowledge & confidence to mentor / supervise merchandising operations. Inbound
planning, Cataloging monitoring & Discount monitoring etc should be managed.
- Marketing promotions : Should drive visibility plans, promotion plans and coordinate the
same between the internal marketing teams and that of the sellers
- Inventory : Forecasting product demand to ensure sustainability of the inventory, in sync
with working capital management. Developing exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Negotiations : Ensuring that company gets best in the market deals from external
stakeholders through current market trends and awareness
- Startup Cultural Fit: willingness to learn, to innovate, to take initiative, to think beyond
conventional dogma, ability to work in a flat organisation
- Strong analytical aptitude in problem solving
- Should be good at multitasking, critical thinking, and comfortable with tactical execution
- Proven track record of finding innovative solutions to business problems
Role: Relationship Manager
Location: Mumbai (Andheri; Vashi)
Experience: 1-4 Years
Qualification: Any graduate
Salary offered: Fixed salary + Travel reimbursement + gratuity + telephone reimbursement + Performance Linked Incentives
- Contacting and following up with new prospective Clients and setting up new business opportunities.
- Convert prospects into customers by showcasing appropriate residential properties to the prospects matching the investment/ residential needs of the prospects.
- Plan approaches and pitches
- Build relationships with new clients.
- In some cases, Cold calling for sales of Primary properties.
- Achieving written down sales targets by the organisation.
- Attending Developer meetings & Channel partner orientations as and when required.
- Participate in the negotiation meeting with buyer & Seller.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Persuasive with Marketing and Sales skills
- Customer Service orientation
- High levels of Passion and Ownership
- Result-driven individual
Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate & above
- Must have two wheeler with a valid Driving license. Should believe in riding with safety (Helmet, Law-abiding, etc.).
- 1 to 4 years of Sales Experience in Any Sector
- Must be willing to travel within the city
2. Calling and fixing meets with their heads/executives
3. Understanding user needs and creating deal structures
4. Pitching and selling proposals, closing deals
Preferred Qualification: Any Graduate / Post Graduate / MBA (marketing) 1-5 years of experience in Inside Sales / Outbound Sales / Tele Sales / Educational Sales. Good written and spoken English & can speak Hindi. Good negotiation and pitching skills required. Passion to work in a fast-paced start-up Ed-tech experience is an added advantage Multi-disciplinary, continuous learning mind-set Customer focus with good convincing ability and confident personality.
Headquartered in Bengaluru, Unacademy is India’s largest learning platform that brings expert educators together with millions of students in need of quality education. Unacademy, since its inception in 2010, has earned the trust and gained recognition from countless learners and has provided opportunities to several thousands of Educators to actively participate in the education revolution it has undertaken.
We are changing the way India learns, one lesson at a need of quality education
Position : Business Development Executive
Role: The role holder will assist Liquintel with its business development function and will be primarily responsible for signing up new client accounts. Must ensure overall customer's satisfaction and productivity, through efficient supervision of the flow of requirements, timely and quality delivery.
- Will be responsible for managing the sales and marketing function and business development process for IT services.
- Build and Collate target customer lists from internet, social media, networking events, personal network, digital marketing and research.
- Reach out to such target customers and track through lead generation to opportunity to deal closure.
- To acquire new corporate clients mainly outside India and meet set monthly goals.
- Establish 1st level connection especially in digital technology, big data and Information Management and cloud. Keep in regular contact with prospects.
- Keep track of market place dynamics and be updated of trends & changes.
- Industry research on companies/sectors that are currently empaneling vendors for Hiring & Staffing.
- Building relationships with New clients/vendors/sub-vendors.
- Prepares proposals / carry our all presales work for qualified opportunities
- MBA Marketing
- 6 months to 2 years of experience in business development, sales, marketing and account management for niche technology services companies
- Experience in Lead generation, validation and conversion.
- Experience in managing complex sales cycles in the technology and consulting space.
- Should have inside sales experience as well.
- Exposure working with European countries will be preferred.
- Experience in creating / modifying the service portfolios / collaterals and creating proposals suiting the purpose.
- Experience in Digital marketing will be added advantage.
- Ability to create & make business presentations to senior management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter and has good listening skills.
- Self-Motivated, team player, action and results oriented.
- Strong Time Management skills, Well-organized and good reporting skills.
- Maintain fruitful relation with the new or existing clients.
- Possessing Excellent Interpersonal skills.