CK-12 ( www.ck12.org ), a leading global ed-tech platform being used by 201M+ students and teachers, is looking for a creative Science Content Expert with a background in science or science education. This position’s focus is to help CK-12 offer state-of-the-art resources to make CK-12 a household name. This is a contract to hire positions based out of the CK-12 office in Bangalore, India.
This position will contribute to several projects targeted towards content creation, QA, review, maintenance, and multiple science domains. As the CK-12 platform evolves and improves, the content offered through CK-12 needs to remain up to date and include the best tools to improve student learning. This position will include developing and improving all modalities of learning such as lessons, adaptive practice, interactives, and real-world applications etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science (Required)
- Strong understanding of Science domains with expertise in Physics for middle and high school. Familiarity with how students learn nowadays.
- Digital content and/or EdTech experience is a plus
- Good understanding of analytics
- Teaching experience is a strong plus
- Work full-time at CK-12 Bangalore office.
- Strong science knowledge in biology, chemistry, earth science and/or physics (preferably a combination of domains) with expertise in physics
- Strong work ethic, inquisitive, passionate, committed, strong research and problem-solving skills, proactive, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to write, review, and edit content for both teacher and student audiences
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills, such as Google applications, and the willingness to learn
About CK-12 Foundation
Passionate about education?
CK-12 is on the lookout for talented, creative, and dedicated people to join our mission to provide great education to students around the world. We are looking for candidates to join our office at Bangalore.
We have a strong education platform that has served over 200 Million users, have got over 1.45 Billion questions answered and have got more than 285 thousand customised Flexbooks. We have embarked on exciting journey to build AI-powered student tutor and Teacher Assistant to build next generation of learning platform.
About CK-12 Foundation
CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and non bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud based (AWS) and AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning - https://www.ck12info.org/about/testimonials/
Flexi, our AI-powered Student Tutor - https://www.ck12.org/pages/student-tutor/
AI-powered Teacher Assistant - https://www.ck12.org/pages/teacher-assistant/
Benefits: Medical and Accident Insurance, Free food orders for lunch.
Must have a good communication
Confident Enough to deliver lecture in front of camera
Solve student query related to respective subject online
Assessment of assignment and test papers
Get the lecture PPT prepared from our in-house PPT Team
Ability to deliver the lecture with confidence and make the session more interactive
Must be multitasking
1) Work from Home (Full Time )
2) Flexible work hours & location
3) Live online (1-0-1) classes
4) Passion for Teaching Kids aged 6-18
5) Laptop/PC with Microphone and Camera with Stable Internet Connectivity
6) Good Command over English is a must
7) Are available for a Minimum of 6 months
8) Working on teaching topics like Drone and UAV
9)Helping the kids in learning and growing their knowledge base
10) Hands-on experience in project/drone building will be preferred
In very simple words, primary role is to teach in front of the camera in the most clear, interesting, and engaging way possible across different formats to strengthen student learning in our various product offerings. You’ll be teaching students in the K-10 (Grade 4 –10) or 11 th -12 th , JEE/NEET segment.
- Delivering content for the K-10 segment (Grades 4 –10) in science, math, or 11 th -12 th segment (JEE/NEET) in physics, chemistry, math, and biology subjects
- Mentoring and managing a team of creators to develop content to meet quality standards
- Come out with creative ways to teach concepts and solve questions on-screen to enhance the overall learning outcome of a child
- Conducting research to ensure content is delivered in its most effective form
- Conceptualizing and taking ownership of deliverables from ideation to execution
• Overseeing teachers and classroom activities
• Hiring and training staff and teachers
• Organizing professional development activities
• Developing policies and procedures that meet managements requirements and communicating them to staff and teachers
• Managing and preparing budgets
• Creating curricula and standards that support educational excellence
• Working with staff to communicate with parents and students
• Discussing student progress with parents
• Managing an entire school inevitably means addressing problems, which might involve the budget, concerns from parents, or issues with teachers. Preschool centre head need to approach problems thoughtfully and with a level head to find effective solutions
Selected day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Creating video lectures for class 6th to 8th (Maths & Science) explaining the concept of assigned topics in your respective regional language (Tamil or Kannada)
2. Show the face is mandatory while making the video lectures
3. You must be good at making interactive PPT and have experience of 2-3 years in the teaching domain
4. Complete the daily target & reporting to the project manager
Contract length: 2 months
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: ₹12,000.00 - ₹18,000.00 per month
2) Fix appointments and conduct Online demo sessions on daily basis including follow up session
3) Understand Customer profile & problems
4) Create the need for Smart Learning and advise student-parent to enrol into SP Robotic Works
courses as solution
5) Handle Objections and Price Negotiation to generate Sales Revenue
6) Learn/ Upgrade ones own Product Knowledge and Sales Skills to achieve and exceed growing Sales
**Candidates anywhere from India can apply**
- Set Mastree’s classrooms as centers of excellent teaching and creative learning ● Monitor and Review the progress of the students
- Identify gaps & provide inputs to the students based on their performance ● Conduct regular PTMs and keep the parents informed about the progress of their kid
- Excellent communicator
- Passion to engage students
- Energetic and Lively
- Great command in the English language
- Good screen presence
- Drive conversations with the students and parents
- Presence of mind to handle parent queries
- Believe in conceptual learning
- Adapt to non-conventional methods of teaching
- Facilitate the class with minimal supervision
- Open to feedback and accept constructive criticism
- Comfortable with technology and dealing with digital content
Bachelor’s/Master's Degree, preferably B.A or B.Ed
Good Laptop/Desktop (8GB RAM or higher)
High-quality webcam (HD/1080p inbuilt or external)
Stable Internet with speed >5 Mbps
Power Backup for Internet
Lighting and Decent Background
Experience: Minimum 1 year of professional teaching experience, online tutoring experience will be a plus
LINC Education (www.linceducation.com), based in Singapore, is a global pioneer in providing high-touch, high-quality educator-led support services to universities around the world. Its specialist services are highly sought after by university managements and faculty to retain and grow their online student enrolments. LINC’s services are customized for each university, and delivered using a cutting-edge technology platform (LINCtrac) to provide a superior and effective learning experience to students.
LINC is managed by education sector professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience and overseen by an advisory board of the best academic professionals in the world. Dr. M Rammohan Rao (ex-Dean, Indian School of Business and ex-Director, IIM Bangalore) and Deepak Chandra (Secretary – Education, Rajiv Gandhi Foundation and ex-Deputy Dean, Indian School of Business) are members of the LINC Board of Advisors.
As an experienced Business Faculty Member (LINC Fellow), the candidate will serve students in Masters-level programs studying at premier Australian universities. LINC Fellows will be the single point-of-contact for the unit-in-charge for student academic matters.
- The role will be part time (15-20 hours per week) with scheduled weekend availability.
- LINC Fellows will be “actively engaged” when a unit (subject) is assigned. A unit will range from 7 to 14 weeks at a time.
- LINC Fellows are required to provide 2-3 hrs each afternoon (between noon to 5pm) every day when they are supporting students.
- Candidate will have flexibility to work from location of his/her convenience.
What’s on offer?
The role offers a competitive remuneration between INR 30,000-50,000 per month (based on committed weekly time, batch size and experience level of the LINC Fellow) when actively engaged, plus performance-based incentives.
The position is based out of Mumbai, Pune, NCR and Bangalore.
The professional benefits include:
- Interacting with high-quality global university faculty
- Working with a diverse range of international students
- Developing deeper subject understanding
- Gaining richer academic exposure
- Improving interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
Desired candidate profile:
- PG/Doctoral degree with distinction or first-class from a top university in India
- 5-10 years of corporate experience and/or teaching experience in the fields like Marketing, Finance, Operations, Organization/HR, Data Analytics, Project Management, Strategy and Ethics at a leading university or college (note: at least 1 year formal teaching experience at a university of college is a MUST).
- Empathetic, ambitious, warm and outgoing personality willing to work closely with people from diverse culture
- Proficient in English language
- Must possess a working laptop and have access to high-speed (>2 MBPS) stable internet connection
- Ability to quickly learn and use technology platforms for interacting with student including host university’s Learning Management System and LINC's technology platform (training on these platforms will be provided)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: ₹30,000.00 to ₹50,000.00 /month