Developer (SQL & Python) -
Required Technical Skills
- At least 5+ years’ experience as a software engineer
- Experience in Python is a must
- Experience working with relational/non-relational databases and understanding of storage technologies (like MySQL, Sybase, MongoDB, InfluxDB, Cassandra or HBase)
- Experience / Familiarity with Database Modelling, Normalization techniques
- Experience / Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
- Ability to trouble shoot and fix performance issues across the codebase and database queries
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with dev ops tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Azure DevOps
- Experience with Agile development concepts and related tools
- Ability to trouble shoot and fix performance issues across the codebase and database queries
- Experience with Python frameworks utilizing Asyncio
- Experience working with large volumes of time series data and building services, APIs and applications based of it
- Experience in designing multi-tier application architecture and distributed caching solutions
- Experience with Perl
- ETL background in any language or tools
- Experience with cloud technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack and Kafka
- Experience with web technologies like Angular 2+ (or React/Vue), TypeScript, RxJS
- Experience with Go
Sizzle is an exciting new startup in the world of gaming. At Sizzle, we’re building AI to automatically create highlights of gaming streamers and esports tournaments. Ultimately, our aim is to personalize the best moments in gaming everyday to the billions of gaming fans around the world.
For this role, we’re looking for someone to help maintain and expand our middleware / API backend. We currently have a frontend built with React/JS which interfaces with a REST API built on Python using FastAPI, along with a python backend AI pipeline. The REST API accesses data stored in both PostgreSQL and MongoDB. Your role would be to maintain our current API middleware and also expand and maintain it as necessary as the frontend needs change.
You should have the following qualities:
- Required expertise:
- SQL including DB schema design and query optimization
- Use of python integrations with PostgreSQL and MongoDB. We currently use SQLAlchemy and PyMongo so experience with that is preferred but we’re willing to consider if you have deep expertise with other libraries.
- Expertise in the following is preferred but not required:
- Hasura (for implementing GraphQL schemas)
Job Description for Senior Python Developer
Experience: 4 to 7 years
- Must have strong knowledge in Python 2/Python 3
- Must have a strong knowledge of Web development using the Django web framework and API development experience using Django REST API.
- Flask framework or any other framework’s knowledge is great.
- Ability to write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Team Handling exposure
- Knowledge of Standard databases like MySql, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Firebase, etc. Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Must be good at understanding client requirements.
- Good testing/debugging skills using standard python modules/IDEs
- Deployment experience with standard servers like Apache/AWS etc.
- Experience in testing frameworks known in the industry.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools - GIT
The candidate must have experience in coding part and team handling experience both
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side
- Implementation of security and data
- Integration of data storage solutions may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc. Experience administering innovation with methodologies such as design
- Experience working on Agile Scrum and DevOps aligned delivery
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as
- Strong communication skills and great product
- Proficient communication skills verbal and
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance depending on the specific
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business
- Strong unit test and debugging
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework such as Django, Flask, etc depending on your technology
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper)
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc depending on your technology
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or
Role Summary: Back-end Developer who would contribute towards building a highly flexible and scalable Back- end by bringing deep core technology expertise.
- Develop modules keeping micro services architecture philosophies in check. - Implement and/or oversee implementation of different modules as part of an integrated development team. - Drive evolution of application performance. - Ensure project scalability by having good project architecture
- Strong Node.js. - Strong database technology skillsets, namely MongoDB, MySQL
- Should have experience of using Rabbit MQ.
- Python (Django) skills are a plus. - A skilled and pragmatic approach.
- Experience with user-centred design, test-driven development, iterative/incremental and agile practices. - Experience with AWS deployment a definite plus.
Individual applying to the role should ideally have the following attributes.
-Passionate about back-end Development and continually follow the platform & innovations
-Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure.
We are hiring for a Software Engineer Team Lead - Backend, to join our education-focused fintech lending startup, GrayQuest. Our core product is a combination of a lending product, a rewards product and an insurance product to redefine the education fees payment across the country.
You will be joining a young and vibrant team of developers who are pushing the boundaries of consumer financing through technology.
Key Responsibilities :
- Participate in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Develop back-end components, services, and APIs. Support integration of user-facing elements, and collaborate closely with the design and front-end development team.
- Write elegant, effective, and scalable code while maintaining the highest level of coding standards.
- Take complete ownership of projects and ensure timely deliveries
- Ability to debug, refine, review, and deploy code
- Work closely with the QA team to test, and document project features.
- Ability to interact with all stakeholders. Understand business requirements, and effectively convert them into technical specifications
- Mentor junior developers and participate in peer Review
- Demonstrable experience as a Python Developer (3+ years)
- Strong knowledge of Python frameworks (Django Rest, Flask)
- Experience working on REST APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working knowledge of React
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Good understanding of task breakup, milestone definition, and work delegation.
- Past experience of working in a fintech/financial services domain or a consumer internet startup will be preferable but not required
- Work experience in early-stage startups (0 ->1) is a big plus
- Bachelors or equivalent degree from premier institutes is a plus
- Most importantly, the biggest skill we look for our prospective candidates is "Learnability" - how quickly can you learn.
Why is this a great opportunity for the right candidate:
- Work with a young dynamic core team backed by marquee investors from the financial services space
- Work on a product/business that has achieved product market fit and take it to scale
- Equity compensation and competitive market salaries
- Work environment that prioritizes talent, hustle and dedication
We will also ensure we give a preference to applicants who directly email us with their background/context and why they think they should be a strong candidate for this position at GrayQuest. Email us at work (at the rate) grayquest (dot) com and cc Sonal (at the rate)grayquest (dot) com
and the entire internet. Our switches and routers are the backbone of large data centers that host Microsoft
Azure, Google Cloud, Facebook etc. High Frequency Traders rely on Arista to provide ultra-low latency network.
In India Arista powers the Flipkart’s Big Billion Day Sale event which has over billion transactions happening in
real time. Besides, we also provide the last mile connectivity for campus wide networking (both wired and
wireless) through our Cognitive Cloud Networking solutions. Arista disrupted the traditional infrastructure
technology by pioneering the move from hardware to Software Defined Networks, Cloud and now to greater
network visibility through telemetry and data analytics solutions. All this is possible because of the strong
product engineering innovation that is the core of Arista’s DNA. At Arista we take pride in our engineering
prowess. We hire the best engineers and give them the most complex infrastructure problems to solve. We
push for quality and not quantity. As our CTO/EVP(Engineering) Ken Duda puts it "It’s in our culture, quality is
the most important thing. Getting it right is more important than feature velocity, ship dates and new
With over 400+ engineers in Bangalore and Pune are a big part of Arista’s technology leadership. With new
products in the offering, we are planning to strengthen the India team. If you are looking for an authentic
software engineering job where you can make a fundamental impact at the core infrastructure level, you
should be talking to us - we are looking for aptitude and attitude ; you need not have worked in wireless or
networking domains to work at Arista.
What will you get to do as a Software Engineer at Arista?
At Arista software engineers are the real deal - they do a lot more than simply writing code. You will work on
the whole development process, including:
• Suggesting and deciding what features to build
• Driving the design and architecture
• Pushing, testing, documenting the feature
• Working alongside customers in the field if needed
You will get to work with the best in your field and learn how to write amazingly reliable software - At
Arista everyone is hands-on including our managers, directors, VP’s and of course our CTO!
Are you right for this role?
Do you like coding? Does your adrenaline go up when you have difficult problems to solve? For success at
Arista all you need is:
• Strong engineering and Computer Science fundamentals
• Extensive background in algorithms and strong software architecture skills
• Hands-on experience with design and implementation in a strong product-engineering environment
• Self-driven and self-motivated - At Arista we empower engineers to work on their own with very little
supervision and management.
As a great software engineer we know that you have multiple options to choose from. So why Arista? It is
• Learning - A hands-on job like Arista’s is the best learning experience you can hope to get especially
when you work with peers who are equally good or better.
• Flexibility - Our engineers enjoy the utmost flexibility as we believe in judging by the output and not
by the hours worked. Our performance review process is designed to reflect this - we believe that
our best engineers know how to work and do not need to be told what to do.
• Truly global work - What we do in India is exactly the same as what we do in San Jose, Nashua,
Vancouver, Dublin, and other worldwide locations. You don’t have to move out of India to do
cutting edge software - at Arista you can do it right here.
• Large company with a start-up mind-set - We work like a start-up - less management, cost
conscious, innovating and disrupting our own products and we can go on. A mind-set that is hard to
get in $15b+ market cap public company.
It is India’s only B2B Construction Materials Supply Chain Company. Construction & Infrastructure is one of the industries, with the most complex problems in Supply Chain and we are fundamentally reengineering the way construction materials get procured. Our Clients include the biggest names in India & the World– The LafargeHolcim Group, JSW Group, The Tatas and many others. We are backed by some of the world’s top marquee funds in our journey to create transparency and standardization to an otherwise opaque industry.
- Understand the business context and build high quality code using proven design patterns Develop, test and deploy integrations required to meet business requirements
- Carry out unit tests and other quality control mechanisms to inform and validate the code and design
- Utilizing and monitoring cloud infrastructure resources (such as AWS, Azure) efficiently
- Participate in a highly fluid environment applying agile software development principles
- Ensure the coding standards are on-par with the best in the industry
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science).
Must have skills:
- 3+ years of work experience with mobile/web development
- Experience in working with either of languages: Go, Java, Scala
- Strong understanding of relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Strong understanding of Message brokers
- Must have hands on experience in Restful APIs
- Must have a strong foundation of Data structures and Algorithms
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to deploy features on a daily basis: should be good at time management and prioritization
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD principles and TDD
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Good to have skills:
- Experience in event-driven & asynchronous I/O frameworks
- Exposure to business process and workflow automation
- Working experience in process driven and data intensive business applications
- Experience in working on web infrastructure with React.js and React Native
- Self-motivated, persistent and “Never Give Up” attitude
- Passion for innovation and adaptability to a lean startup culture
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and / or as a member of a team
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
Why are we building Urban Company?
The local and home services industry is very fragmented and unorganized. Prior to Urban Company, hiring a plumber, beautician, yoga trainer, math tutor etc. was a painful process. There were no standards, no concept of trust, pricing inefficiencies etc. In a nutshell, the industry was shackled in the “yellow pages” era, and had seen no fundamental innovation for far too long.
The Urban Company team is young and passionate, and we see a massive disruption opportunity in his industry. By leveraging technology, and a set of simple yet powerful processes, we wish to build a platform that can organize the world of services - and bring them to your finger-tips. We believe there is immense value (akin to serendipity) in bringing together customers and professionals looking for each other. In the process, we hope to impact the lives of millions of service entrepreneurs, and transform service commerce they way Amazon transformed product commerce.
- Working on complex architectural problems.
- Think about abstractions, systems and services and write high quality code.
- Have an understanding of loopholes in current systems/architecture which can potentially break in future and push towards solving them with other stakeholders.
- Think through complex architecture to build robust platforms to serve together all the categories and flows, solve for scale and work on internally build services to cater to our growing needs.
- Prior experience of creating complex systems in the past.
- Ability to build scalable, sustainable, reliable and secure products based on past experience and leading teams and projects by themselves.
- Ability to bring new practices, architectural choices and new initiatives onto the table to make overall tech stack more robust.
- 5-8 years of experience the industry solving complex problems from scratch and have graduate/post-graduate degree from top-tier universities.
- History and familiarity with server side architecture based on APIs, databases, infrastructure and systems.
- Ability to own the technical road map for systems/components.
What can you expect?
- A phenomenal work environment, with massive ownership and growth opportunities.
- A high performance, high velocity environment at the cutting edge of growth.
- Strong ownership expectation and freedom to fail.
- Quick iterations and deployments – fail-fast attitude.
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
- Massive, and direct impact of the work you do on lives of people