This role is based in Bangalore, India with a focus on tactical data analysis of highly segmented, incomplete IT pricing and solution data.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As the Lead Game Analyst you will own the optimisation of in-game features and design, utilising A-B testing and multivariate testing of in-game components.
What you will be doing
Play a crucial role in finding the best people to work on your team.
Manage the delivery of reports and analysis from the team.
Investigate how millions of players interact with Kwalee games.
Perform statistical analysis to quantify the relationships between game elements and player engagement.
Design experiments which extract the most valuable information in the shortest time.
Develop testing plans which reveal complex interactions between game elements.
Collaborate with the design team to come up with the most effective tests.
Regularly communicate results with development, management and data science teams.
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirement
A degree in a numerically focussed degree discipline such as, Maths, Physics, Economics, Chemistry, Engineering, Biological Sciences.
An extensive record of outstanding contribution to data analysis projects.
Expert in using Python for data analysis and visualisation.
Experience manipulating data in SQL databases.
Experience managing and onboarding new team members.
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
Relocation support available
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated both a strong business sense and deep understanding of the quantitative foundations of modelling.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
• Statistical programming software experience in SPSS and comfortable working with large data sets.
• R, Python, SAS & SQL are preferred but not a mandate
• Excellent time management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills; understanding of both written and spoken English
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
• Creative and action-oriented mindset
• Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve constantly, and methodologies are regularly challenged
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
• Graduate degree in: Statistics/Economics/Econometrics/Computer
Science/Engineering/Mathematics/MBA (with a strong quantitative background) or
• Strong track record work experience in the field of business intelligence, market
research, and/or Advanced Analytics
• Knowledge of data collection methods (focus groups, surveys, etc.)
• Knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R, Python, or similar), databases,
and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Industry experience in Consumer Experience/Healthcare a plus
- Big data development experience – Kafka, Hadoop
- Experience building data pipelines using Spark and/or Hive.
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Advanced proficiency in Scala, SQL, NoSQL
- strong in Database and Data Warehousing concepts
- Expertise in SQL, SQL tuning, schema design, Python and ETL processes
- Experience with Cloud Technologies required Azure, Data modeling,
Azure Databricks, Azure Data factory )
- Experience in working with Azure Data Lake, and Stream Analytics.
- Highly Motivated, Self-starter and quick learner
- Proficiency in Statistical procedures, Experiments and Machine Learning
- Must know the basics of data analytics and data modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active involvement in the building of a recommendation engine
- Design new processes and builds large, complex data sets
- Conducts statistical modeling and experiment design
- Tests and validates predictive models.
- Build web prototypes and performs data visualization
- Generate algorithms and create computer models
- Should possess excellent analytical skills and troubleshooting ideas
- Should be aware of Agile Mode of operations and should have been
part of scrum teams.
- Should be open to work in the DevOps model with responsibilities of Dev
and Support both as the application goes live
- Should be able to work in shifts (if required)
- Should be open to working on fast-paced, projects with multiple
mobile, web, and cloud platforms.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team.
• Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, statistical analysis and
prediction, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
• Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from
large and complicated data sets using the appropriate statistical forecasting model and Machine
• Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
• Ingest data from various sources (e.g.: Google Ad Manager, LiveIntent, various SSPs, etc.). Integrate
directly wherever possible/necessary
• Integrate the platform to other operational systems such as billing, Sales (Salesforce), etc.
• Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable
insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements
• This will require data gathering and manipulation, problem solving, and communication of insights
• Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich
• Build dashboards for various stakeholders (e.g.: Sr. Leadership team, Media Sales team, Ops team,
Advertisers, Finance & Accounting, etc.)
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis,
validation, and documentation.
• Extensive experience in SQL, data modelling, and data preparation required.
• Experience working with DataStage and Kafka is a plus.
• Overall knowledge of MDM and Data Governance processes preferred.
• Experience with MicroStrategy, PowerBI or related tools like Tableau is a must.
• Experience working with databases like Teradata, Oracle and SQL server is required.
• Experience working with Azure cloud databases is a plus.
• Experience with Agile methodology preferred.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
• Great teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Takes initiative and tackles challenges with enthusiasm.
Novelship is seeking a Data Engineer to be based in India or Remote in South East Asia to join our Tech Team.
Brief Description of the Role:
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for Building & Maintaining our Analytics Infrastructure, Data Taxononmy, Data Ingestion and aggregation to provide Business Intelligence to different teams and support Data Dependent tools like ERP and CRM.
In this role you will:
- Analyze and design ETL solutions to store/fetch data from multiple systems like Postgres, Airtable, Google Analytics and Mixpanel.
- Drive the implementation of new data management projects such as Finance ERP and re-structure of the current data architecture.
- Participate in the building of a single source of Data Sytems and Data Taxonomy projects.
- Engage in problem definition and resolution and collaborate with a diverse group of engineers and business owners from across the company.
- Work with stakeholders including the Strategy, Product and Marketing teams to assist with data-related technical issues, support their data analytics needs and work on data collection and aggregation solutions.
- Act as a technical resource for the Data team and be involved in creating and implementing current and future Analytics projects like data lake design and data warehouse design.
- Ensure quality and consistency of the data in the Data warehouse and follow best data governance practices.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns to provide Business Intelligence.
- Mine and analyse data from databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics data products
- Build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and data systems. Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Streamline existing and introduce enhanced reporting and analysis solutions that leverage complex data sources derived from multiple internal systems
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience as a Data Engineer.
- Proficiency in either Python, Scala or R.
- Proficiency in SQL, Relational & Non-Relational Databases.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools like Data Studio, Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience in Data Cleaning, Creating Data Pipelines, Data Modelling, Storytelling and Dashboarding.
- Bachelors or Masters's education in Computer Science
Who Are We?
Vahak (https://www.vahak.in) is India’s largest & most trusted online transport marketplace & directory for road transport businesses and individual commercial vehicle (Trucks, Trailers, Containers, Hyva, LCVs) owners for online truck and load booking, transport business branding and transport business network expansion. Lorry owners can find intercity and intracity loads from all over India and connect with other businesses to find trusted transporters and best deals in the Indian logistics services market. With the Vahak app, users can book loads and lorries from a live transport marketplace with over 5 Lakh + Transporters and Lorry owners in over 10,000+ locations for daily transport requirements.
Vahak has raised a capital of $5 Million in a “Pre Series A” round from RTP Global along with participation from Luxor Capital and Leo Capital. The other marquee angel investors include Kunal Shah, Founder and CEO, CRED; Jitendra Gupta, Founder and CEO, Jupiter; Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal, Co-founders, Meesho; Mohd Farid, Co-founder, Sharechat; Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs; Harsimarbir Singh, Co-founder, Pristyn Care; Rohit and Kunal Bahl, Co-founders, Snapdeal; and Ravish Naresh, Co-founder and CEO, Khatabook.
Responsibilities for Data Analyst:
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance.
Qualifications for Data Analyst
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI – not mandatory)
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Conceptual understanding of various modelling techniques, pros and cons of each technique
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Programming advanced computing, Developing algorithms and predictive modeling experience
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Advantage - Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Demonstrated experience applying data analysis methods to real-world data problems
Someone who has prior experience in Product Analytics/Marketing Analytics/Growth Analytics/Consumer analytics domain.
Has the ability to define success metrics for different initiatives or campaigns, drive ROI analysis & provide recommendations.
Strong analytics acumen and problem solving skills.
Good understanding of Clickstream/App events data, ability to build and understand user journeys across platforms.
Understanding of LTV modelling
Strong SQL skills and comfortable with python programming.
Basic knowledge of different regression models & clustering techniques.
- The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Experience using statistical languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Looking for someone with 3-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Has a Bachelor's, Master's in Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques :
- GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining,social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages :R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees,neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
● Understanding user behavior and performing root-cause analysis of changes in data trends
to identify corrections or propose desirable enhancements in product & across different
● Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make sound judgments based on trade-offs for different solutions to complex problem constraints
● Defining and monitoring KPIs for product/content/business performance and identifying
ways to improve them
● Should be a strong advocate of data driven approach and drive analytics decisions by doing user testing, data analysis, and A/B testing
● Help in defining the analytics roadmap for the product
● Working with stakeholders, including Customer Support team, Customer Success team and senior executive management to address customer/product problems effectively.
● Providing regular reports to the management on product performance and issues.
● Managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, business impact and product performance.
● Working with the PM team during the sprint releases to help enhance the product with
long-term solutions for product issues.
● Driving the collection of new data that would help build the next generation of algorithms
(E.g. audience segmentation, contextual targeting)
● Explain trends across data sources, potential opportunities for growth or improvement, and data caveats for descriptive, diagnostic, predictive (including forecasting), and prescriptive data projects
● Develop user archetypes and build dashboards to demonstrate their usage patterns
● Capture and document data user stories, use cases, and workflows