The role of the Production Support Engineer is a technical role thats ensures the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the platform / system and services.
High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Engineering, Infrastructure and Product groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
- Logging and keeping records of various issues to help the team prioritize fixes and automations, along with measuring the product quality.
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Monitor alerting channels, analyze problems, diagnose and do occasional code fixes with low to medium complexity.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and working closely with developers to resolve more complicated problems.
- Work closely with product and developers to enhance the quality of existing products.
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Address urgent issues quickly, work within and measure against customer SLAs.
- Write scripts (shell, python, ruby, php) and aggressively automate manual / repetitive tasks.
- Automate scripts / tasks for reporting and maintenance; and build anomaly detectors and alerting where ever applicable.
- Develop smaller complexity features/enhancements in existing products.
- Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues surrounding the application.
- Work closely with business in managing day to day issues, resolve user queries.
- Perform daily health checks of the application, job schedules and infrastructure supporting the application.
- Develop and facilitate monitoring systems to identify issues before they happen.
- Identify, develop and design features to solve pattern of problems to stabilize production systems.
- Create accurate DB queries that will identify affected data and rectify them.
- Build a deep understanding of the domain.
- Knowledge of Unix / Linux based systems.
- Experience working with MySQL and Postgresql and writing simple queries to get data for debugging issues.
- Being able to creatively come up with solutions for various problems and implement them.
- An in-depth understanding of the different products and ability to navigate through the code to debug and small fixes.
- Hands on with any of the scripting languages like Bash, Python, PHP, Ruby.
- Excellent analytical and logical thinking.
- Quick troubleshooting and diagnosing skills.
- Problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to join the dots around multiple events occurring concurrently and spot patterns.
Good to have requirements
- Prior production support experience.
- Prior programming experience.
- Familiarity with Grafana, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Sentry
- Experience in dealing with RESTful web services is a plus.
- Worked with microservices architecture
Fynd is India’s largest offline to online fashion platform. Fynd works with 300+ brands across 9000+ stores in 40+ cities to aggregate store inventory in real time. Across Fynd’s own direct to consumer channel, instore omnichannel and api consumption channels, Fynd distributes this inventory feed to drive transactions and manage fulfilment.
He/ she should be a post-graduate or graduate with at least 6 years of professional experience in a variety of business environments with hands on experience in Microsoft Dynamics. Candidates must have excellent analytical skills, good knowledge of project life cycles and the ability to work in a team environment. Experience of interaction with client stakeholders will be useful.
Microsoft certification is good to have.
Financial domain understanding is good to have.
The person should have good experience of working in Agile environment.
Technical skills required
- Must be well versed with any versions of Microsoft Dynamics CRM including Dynamics 2011.
- Experience with Dynamics 365, preferably cloud implementation.
- Must have knowledge on CRM modules (Sales, Service & Marketing) of how these modules work. Also aware of new features available in different CRM version.
- Experience in migrating / upgrading CRM system from older version to newer versions will be very useful.
- Must have good knowledge of CRM SDK and tools which are used with CRM for development.
- Experience in integrating CRM system with other ERP systems and/or custom application.
- C# development experience.
- Experience with .Net (C#,WCF/Web API) skills including CRM
- Experience of working with .NET Core is useful.
- Experience of working with MS SQL Server.
- Experience of working with micro services will be useful.
Nice to have
- Any experience with Microsoft Azure Service Bus or similar technology
Soft skills required
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. S/he should be able to articulate well.
- Comfortable in working directly with the client stakeholders and doing meetings and discussions as needed.
- Experience of working in agile environment. Well versed in different agile ceremonies.
- Focus on self-learning and self-upgrade.
- UK shift 8:30am to 5:30pm GMT (Summer 1pm IST to 10pm IST and Winter 2pm IST to 11 pm IST)
- Flexible to work in shifts to maintain overlap with UK working hours.
- Flexible in working outside of core business hours if needed (mostly during releases)
Experience in years - at least 6 years.
UK shift 8:30am to 5:30pm GMT (Summers 1pm IST to 10pm IST and Winters 2pm IST to 11 pm IST)
• Debugging dropped packets, whether at the network, NIC, OS, or application layers
• Troubleshooting kernel panics and system hangs
• Analyzing performance issues
• Fine-tuning processes to run with the least jitter
• Directing support for our continuously active servers, lines, and low-latency network
• Installing, configuring, and deploying fully-distributed Red Hat Linux systems
• Taking a role in researching, testing, recommending, implementing, and maintaining cutting- edge, ultra low-latency systems and network technologies
• Participating in an on-call rotation
• Deploy, monitor, and configure a complex suite of trading applications
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Senior Game Tools Programmer within the Tools and Tech Department, you will be writing Core code which is the foundation to all our games plus writing tools and software to optimise and automate our processes.
What you tell your friends you do
“I create tools and infrastructure for our games and software projects”
What you will really be doing
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Designing and writing high quality and reliable code
- Writing Core Systems used by all games
- Working with scripting languages
- Working closely with third party SDKs
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
- Contributing towards ideas for tools and helping to grow the department.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in development with C# or C++.
- Experience with Unity.
- Unity Editor Tools experience would be a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Android / iOS experience would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
TeamExtn is looking for a passionate Senior Scala Engineer. It will be expected from you to build pragmatic solutions on mission-critical initiatives. If you know your stuff, see the beauty in code, have knowledge in depth and breadth, advocate best practices, and love to work with distributed systems, then this is an ideal position for you.
As a core member of our Special Projects team, you will work on various new projects in a startup-like environment. These projects may include such things as building new APIs (REST/GraphQL/gRPC) for new products, integrating new products with core Carvana services, building highly scalable back end processing systems in Scala and integrating with systems backed by Machine Learning. You will use cutting edge functional Scala libraries such as ZIO. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Product, Experience and Software Engineering teams to deliver impact.
- Build highly scalable APIs and back end processing systems for new products
- Contribute in the full software development lifecycle from design and development to testing and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and data scientists
- Drive scalability and performance within our distributed AI platform
- Full software development lifecycle from design and development to testing and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and data scientists
Skills And Experience:
- 4+ years experience with Scala, Java or other functional language
- Experience with Akka and Lightbend stack
- Expert with PostgreSQL, MySQL or MS SQL
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying and operating large scale distributed systems and actor systems
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Messaging systems such as GCP Pub/Sub, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases.
- Solid understanding of computer systems and networks
- Production quality coding standards and patterns
- Experience with functional programming in Scala
- Knowledge of ZIO and related ecosystem
- Experience with functional database libraries in Scala (Quill preferred)
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Typescript, React and frontend UI development experience
- gRPC, GraphQL
Required Skills: GSM, Linux, Networking, infrastructure, VOIP, PHP, Perl, SIP, troubleshooting, Python,HTML
- 5+ years of solid experience as an Asterisk Developer
- Must be proficient at developing software using a scripting language. A distinct advantage if you have experience using Python
- Sound knowledge of Asterisk Installation, Configuration, Dialplan, Call troubleshooting (SIP, ISDN)
- Solid experience of working With Linux Operating Systems
- Good understanding of VoIP, SIP, SS7.
Manages the overall support team by leading and guiding them to handle support issue resolution within defined timelines to ensure continuous business operations
- Defines and owns the end to end production support process for our applications
- Takes accountability for issue resolution within defined SLAs
- Obsesses about system quality and customer experience
- Establishes a culture of doing detailed RCAs to get to the bottom of every issue
- Partners with development teams (internal and external) to prioritize issues
- Partners with infrastructure team for infra planning based on projected production load
- Tracks issues through to closure with development teams and customers Internal Use--Confidential
- Takes actions to prevent issues from recurring
- Earns trust of the users dependent on production support
- Maintains knowledge bases for issue management
- Communicates with organizational leadership on issues, statuses, and performance against KPIs
- Hires and operates a high–performing team
- # of reported issues
- # of open issues
- SLA compliance
- % of incident reduction based on permanent fixes/automation/utilities
- Customer satisfaction score
- Own the lifecycle of users from on-boarding, setup, to the day-to-day support, including serving as front-line for issues on the ongoing engagements.
- Crafting delightful user experiences around user on-boarding and support, such as ticketing, support channels, and customer communications.
- Tracking metrics and measurements of user engagement and behavior.
- Crafting well-written user-facing communications and documentation.
- Translating user feedback and needs to well-scoped requirements, and collaborating with Engineering to deliver them.
- For the first 6-9 months, expect a lot of hands-on, detail-oriented work, often requiring your exposure to other areas like sales/account management, including occasionally plugging in on for other functions.
- In the mid-to-long-term, expect an increasing amount of specialization into a deeper role, with the possibility of eventually building and scaling a team.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with a robust customer base of the world’s top companies in mobile advertising.
• Strategizing with customers for deeper utilization of, and success with, the Trackier's service.
• Owning/managing your book of business & building strategies to trigger and drive business growth opportunities.
• Engaging and coordinating internal groups as well as partners, as needed, to meet revenue targets & to maximize customer retention and adoption.
• Coordinating onboarding, training, quarterly/annual business reviews and serve as a liaison with customers regarding new product launches & opportunities.
• Maintaining current knowledge of the Mobile industry, competitive research and an understanding of the customer's business challenges and industry trends.
• You are the key to strategic relationship management with our most important customers.
• Knowledge of, or experience with performance-based, mobile advertising campaigns.
• Experience working with data-driven sales strategy, managing up-selling/cross-selling opportunities & working with revenue targets.
• Extraordinary interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Outgoing, positive, and energetic personality - this role requires our customers to like you, a lot. • Solid customer service experience and a consultative mindset.
• Ability to pick-up, learn and quickly become knowledgeable in SaaS tech concepts.
• Motivated self-starter, always one step ahead.
• Experience working in a scrappy startup type environment.
• Ability to work trade shows and conferences with the potential to travel.
• Bachelor's degree or MBA preferred.