Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open-source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, headquartered in Singapore. We enable digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting, and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises in the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open-source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, NGINX, Sysdig, Redis Labs, Confluent, and HashiCorp as their key partners in the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
As a team culture, Ashnik is a family for its team members. Each member brings in different perspective, new ideas and diverse background. Yet we all together strive for one goal – to deliver best solutions to our customers using open source software. We passionately believe in the power of collaboration. Through an open platform of idea exchange, we create vibrant environment for growth and excellence.
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate people to be part of the team for an upcoming project at client location.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferably have a working experience of 4 Years and more , on production PostgreSQL DBs.
- Experience of working in a production support environment
- Engineering or Equivalent degree
- Passion for open-source technologies is desired
- Install & Configure PostgreSQL, Enterprise DB
- Technical capabilities PostgreSQL 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
- Server tuning
- Troubleshooting of Database issues
- Linux Shell Scripting
- Install, Configure and maintain Fail Over mechanism
- Backup - Restoration, Point in time database recovery
- A demonstrable ability to articulate and sell the benefits of modern platforms, software and technologies.
- A real passion for being curious and a continuous learner. You are someone that invests in yourself as much as you invest in your professional relationships.
- Monitoring database performance
- Optimizing Queries and handle escalations
- Analyse and assess the impact and risk of low to medium risk changes on high profile production databases
- Implement security features
- DR implementation and switch over
Experience: 8 yrs plus
Package: upto 17 LPA
understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these
as a series of ultra-fast experiments.
❖ Architect and implement backend services with high reliability and
❖ Contribute to system architecture and database design.
❖ Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption.
❖ Write quality documentation and handle conflicts well to build
❖ Learn about new technologies and incorporate them.
❖ Mentor young minds and foster team spirit.
We can provide upto 35LPA as per candidate's experience and knowledge.
Head of Engineering
https://60decibels.com/" target="_blank">60 Decibels is an impact measurement company that makes it easy to listen to the people who matter most. We believe that the best way to understand social impact is by talking to the people experiencing that impact. It sounds obvious when you say it, but that is not the typical practice for many impact investors, corporations and foundations working to create social change.
We collect social Impact data directly from beneficiaries (customers / employees / suppliers) using our network of 1000+ trained researchers in 70+ countries. We do it quickly and without the fuss typically associated with measuring social impact. Our researchers speak directly to customers to understand their lived experience; and our team turns all this data into benchmarked social performance reports, with accompanying insights, to help our clients demonstrate and improve social performance.
If you want to help build interesting solutions to help social enterprises that are solving some of the world’s most challenging problems, then read on! We're looking for a Head of Engineering to join our global team full-time, in a hybrid role for our Bengaluru office.
About the Position
We are seeking a full-time Head of Engineering, someone to lead a team of developers while solving real user problems through smart and efficient application of technical knowledge and tools. You will be working closely with a multidisciplinary team, and will be responsible for working with the team to translate product specs into clean, functional, production-ready code and to further develop features of our platform across the full technical stack.
You will have the opportunity to work across many types of projects across the organization. Your primary responsibility will be advancing our integrated data capture and insights platform (Ruby/React/PostgreSQL) and associated tooling (Python),which will involve, in part:
- Working with the Leadership, Product and Operations teams, and leading the Engineering team on requirements gathering, specifications and scoping for feature development & product initiatives
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining robust applications and interfaces to a high level of quality, reliability and scalability
- Anticipating and leading the definition of the systems architecture vision to better support our team’s needs
- Growing our technical capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates
- Collaborating with team members to determine best practices and requirements for our software stack
- Participating in code reviews and model good development practices (such as test-writing)
- Troubleshooting coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
First and foremost, you bring passion and dedication to this work because it matters to you. You are a pragmatic and product-driven engineer who is interested in solving user problems and delivering value while taking into account tradeoffs between Business and Tech. You have a bias towards action: you get your hands dirty and actively tackle problems in a way that leads to the best outcomes and brings teams together. You successfully balance flexibility and rigor, using informed judgement to make decisions. You model critical thinking and introspection, taking strategic risks and growing from mistakes. You are decisive and bold, have a growth mindset, are an excellent communicator, and know the value of being a part of an effective team. More specifically, you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product. You can demonstrate the impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team
- Deep knowledge of frameworks we use (e.g. Ruby on Rails, React), or the interest and ability of picking up new languages and frameworks quickly
- Professional experience building production-ready, data-intensive, applications and APIs
- Professional experience with developing and deploying applications using cloud service providers (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure, GitHub CI/CD)
- Demonstrated knowledge of web applications, cybersecurity, open-source technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills with both tech and non-tech teams/stakeholders.
Working with 60 Decibels
We are a fun, international and highly-motivated team who believes that team members should have the opportunity to expand their skills and career in a supportive environment. We currently have offices in New York, London, Nairobi and Bengaluru. Please note that permanent work authorization in one of these geographies is required.
We offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to work flexibly and in a fun, supportive working environment.
As a growing company, we are building towards a more universally accessible workplace for our employees. At this time, we do use some cloud-based technologies that are not compatible with screen readers and other assistive devices. We would be happy to discuss accessibility at 60 Decibels in greater depth during the recruitment process.
Want to get to know a little better?
> Sign up to receive https://us20.campaign-archive.com/home/?u=eb8a3471cbcc7f7bb20ae1019&id=4f8f9fc97a" target="_blank">The Volume, our monthly collection of things worth reading.
> Visit our website at http://www.60decibels.com/" target="_blank">60decibels.com.
> Read about our team values https://drive.google.com/a/60decibels.com/file/d/1XxQkrGpNrwQzuHBzq3KqNVVASoq_IZM9/view?usp=sharing" target="_blank">here.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Airport Security and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope, Die by the Blade and Scathe.
We have a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, and we’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales which is based in France. We have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee has been recognised with the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership awards from TIGA (The Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Data Executive you will be involved you’ll be writing Python and SQL to help build useful Tools and supply data for Dashboards for all departments of the company
What you tell your friends you do
“My work allows Kwalee staff to see important information on their games!”
What you will really be doing
Maintaining and upgrading custom Internal Tools
Creating Data sets for different departments
Data cleaning and validating important Data sets
Owning and managing new Reporting systems
General investigative support on any Data related tasks that occur
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
A degree in a relevant discipline
3+ years of experience with Postgres SQL
3+ years of experience with Python
Demonstrable use of connecting to APIs and pulling data
Experience with AWS Lambda
Experience with AWS s3
Demonstrable use with Tableau
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
Relocation support available
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
- Provide enterprise grade support to our clients over email and phone
- Address core technical queries related to the product
- Perform cause analysis of customer issues via in-depth research and analysis using information from product logs and other databases
- Collaborate with Engineering and Data Analytics to help solve customer issues and provide reports
- Create and maintain internal documentation repositories
- Triage incoming requests and enhance workflows to deal with incoming ticket volume
- Ensure speedy resolution of issues while maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Be a part of an elite Technical Support team
- Build partnerships and work with some of the biggest enterprise accounts across different domains like e-commerce, travel, insurance, banks, telecom etc
- Core markets include US, Europe and SE Asia.
- 1-2 years of experience providing enterprise support to Indian and Global clients (B2B SaaS)
- Knowledge of Zendesk and JIRA is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts through clear and accurate writing
- People skills and having the gift of the gab to handle tricky situations
- Ability to complete large volumes of work quickly and independently with a high level of drive, initiative and self-motivation
- Flexibility of working in rotational shifts
Life at WebEngage:
- We take transparency very seriously. Along with a full view of team goals, get a top-level view across the board with our monthly & quarterly town hall meetings.
- A highly inclusive work culture that promotes a relaxed, creative and productive environment.
- Practice autonomy, open communication, growth opportunities,while maintaining a perfect work-life balance
- Go on company-sponsored offsites, once a year and blow off steam with your work buddies! (Post Pandemic)
- Learning is a way of life. Unlock your full potential backed with cutting-edge tools and mentorship (Macbook for Engagers & reimbursement for your WFH setup!)
- Get the best in class medical insurance (with Covid Care facilities), programs for taking care of your mental health, and a Contemporary Leave Policy (beyond sick leaves)
- 2-3 years of experience in development using core Java, Spring Boot Framework
- Should have knowledge of Design Patterns
- Working knowledge of RDBMS like PostGreSQL
- Having worked with tools like bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira etc would be an added advantage
- Should have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in multi-threaded server side Java programming
- Working knowledge on web services.
- Working knowledge on hibernate and springs framework.
- Experience in writing SQL queries.
- Should have worked in SDLC environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in working effectively within a team
Responsible for cloning databases from production to test / development environments and maintain the users data integrity on the test / development environments
Strong Knowledge on Upgradation of database from Oracle 9.x to Oracle 10g,11g and 12c,18c
Strong Knowledge on Upgradation of Application – 12.1.x to 12.2.x
Patch Analysis and Patching of both Apps, DB tier.
AD utilities (adop,adpatch, adclone, adadmin, adctrl etc.)
Troubleshooting of Application.
create custom responsibilities, request groups and menus
creating and Managing Concurrent Managers and Concurrent Programs.
Cloning of the Applications using Rapid Clone and adclone.
Experience in installation and configuring Oracle database servers on multiple operating environments like Red Hat Linux, OEL, IBM AIX,HP-UX Platforms
Installation, configuration and administration of Oracle Application 11i,R12 and 12.2 in a Multi- tier architecture.
Web-logic administration and troubleshooting.
Knowledge Tomcat administration.
Knowledge MySQL administration
Knowledge on could like AWS, Oracle Public cloud, Azure.
Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, headquartered in Singapore. We enable digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting, and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises in the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, NGINX, Sysdig, Redis Labs, Confluent, and HashiCorp as their key partners in the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate people to be part of technical support team. You will be responsible for solving technical problems to ensure uptime. You will assist customers with their technical issues and questions around specific technology, including configuration and tuning and performance. Successful candidate should understand the importance of ownership of the problem and way to get it solved by leveraging the team in given time.
- Be the First point of contact for support queries
- Be responsible for solving customer queries and tickets in timely manner.
- Communicate with customer and internal team regarding problems reported and solved status in timely and effective manner.
- Log monitoring, event monitoring and resolving tickets in defined SLA.
- Apply updates and patches to keep the software up-to-date in line with organizational policies
- Provide support for installation and configuration.
- Monitor and identify areas of performance improvement
- Identify and write scripts for automating support tasks.
- Communicate effectively internally and with product support team to reproduce, resolve support cases and document them.
- Hands-On experience and skills in Linux operating system
- Knowledge of ELK stack or relevant technologies such as SolaR, Splunk etc.
- Good understanding of Indices Mapping , Index management such as archiving, reindexing, sharding etc.
- Good understanding of Analytical data structure and experience in deployment of same in the form of Reports and Dashboards
- Experience in NoSQL or RDBMS technology is desirable
- Python/Node.js or relevant data processing programming experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Designing and Developing data pipeline using ETL tool such as Elastic Stack.
- Knowledge of real-time data collection with various data sources.
- Experience in deploying scalable Elastic cluster is desirable
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 -4 years of experience in technical support role.
- At least 2+ years experience working across multi-cultural and geographically distributed teams
- Experience in trouble shooting, maintaining and supporting production setup
- Engineering or equivalent degree
- Ability to interact effectively with customers for problem resolution.
- Sense of urgency and ownership to get problems solved in timely manner
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work on multiple tickets/ support cases effectively and to be able to manage the time critical tasks.
Experience: Minimum 2 yrs
Package: upto 8 LPA
- We are looking for the Product Support Engineer with strong expertise in Networking.
- Experience working in Enterprise SD-WAN/Wi-Fi environments, docker and Kubernetes will be a good to have skill.
- Candidate should have exposer in working with global clients.
- Our platform is a network and infrastructure management platform. It delivers the modern collection, visualization, and integration capabilities required to transform raw network performance data into actionable, real-time insights.
- Should work as a member of the Support Team who would be responsible for working collaboratively and individually to solve customer issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and complex environment.
You will be expected to:
- Provide accurate and efficient support to our customers with software and operating systems by researching and identifying applicable solutions.
- Provide timely and clear communication to customers.
- Reproduce issues in local test environments.
- Confirm and report defects to the development team once the applicable analysis has been completed with the customer.
- Develop and write technical documentation for product solutions knowledge base.
- Provide product feedback from customers to product management, development and account team.
- Act as an SME for the team on any networking/SDWAN/SDN/WIFI related issues, whenever in need.
- Look at network performance issues such as availability, latency, utilization and throughput that gets reported by the customer and explain or prove them the reasons.
- Troubleshooting network problems and ultimately enhancing performance for users via performance tuning.
- Analyze for root cause analysis of problems which includes for enhancements.
- Train / Coach the team members on several networking concepts based on what is used in our product.
- Support new and existing client software installations over the phone as well as via web-conferencing (desktop sharing) within established SLA's and SLO's.
- Responsible for addressing customer issues and seeking a resolution and overall customer satisfaction.
- Applying OS, DB, hardware, and product updates to customers.
Key technical expertise areas expected for this role:
- Detailed understanding OSI layers and its protocols like IP, TCP, UDP.
- Routing and switching protocol expertise like OSPF BGP STP VLAN.
- Knowledge on Advanced automation in Networking like SDN.
- Knowledge on SDWAN and Enterprise Wifi technologies.
- Knowledge on IPv6.
- Detailed knowledge on SNMP.
- Excellent communication skills and strong desire to work with customers (namely network engineers, network managers and server administrators).
- Exhibit good logical and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing, growth-oriented environment.
- Able to communicate technical information clearly and precisely to customers of varying technical knowledge levels.
- Exhibit initiative with new technical challenges as well as new technologies.
Good to have skills:
- Proficient with Linux OS (file and process management)
- BASH Shell Scripting
- SQL queries (mainly select and joint syntax)
- Ansible, docker Kubernetes kafka
- Understanding of PKI (Public key infrastructure)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s in computers or related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of product support experience with international clients
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to the customers by performing the following duties:
- Take control of and resolve complex technical and escalated customer problems
- Should have excellent communication & troubleshooting skills.
- Document and simulate complex customer issues to find solutions and fixes to customer inquiries and problems and dispatch additional service as necessary.
- Identify and provide inputs to Product and Engineering teams on unique and/or recurring customer problems.
- Ability to Collaborate, work alongside, and build mutually beneficial relationships with cross-functional teams (Customer Happiness, Customer Success, Sales, Product, Engineering).
- Perform routine maintenance of internal services as and when required.
- Ability to analyze, research, and solve technical and unique problems.
- Good in computer science fundamentals.
- Creative, independent, self-motivated, and willing to learn new technologies.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
Skill and Requirements:
- Good understanding of QA methodologies and processes.
- Good command of Linux CLI tools - including system administration, data analysis and munging.
- Excellent command and understanding of databases like RDBMS, Mongo, and key-value stores like Redis.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language python, node, etc.
- Have prior experience in testing back-end systems that involve interaction with multiple restful services.
- Must be able to think proactively; excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of distributed applications/service-oriented applications is a plus.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of Kibana/ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of Error Monitoring Tools like Sentry, StackDriver, etc.
- Knowledge of APM tools like New Relic, App Dynamics, Ruxit, etc.
- Knowledge of support tools like FreshDesk, Jira Helpdesk or Zendesk.
Required Experience and qualifications:
- Should have an engineering / BSc / equivalent degree with 1 - 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines and SLAs.
- Ability to promptly answer & support-related tickets, chats, emails and phone calls.