About Think & Learn Pvt. Ltd. (Byju's)
We’ve touched over 75 million lives in 120 countries already, but our mission is to engage and motivate students in every classroom around the world. To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Student Engagement team.
Rather than filling this job description with a bunch of marketing-speak, let's just tell you why Quizizz is special:
- We're one of the largest education platforms in the world (currently ranked no. 5). So whatever you create will be used by millions of users, within a matter of hours usually!
- We have a small product team of around 40 people, which is tiny considering our user base. All the other platforms at our scale have hundreds or even thousands of employees. So when we say that you'll have some real ownership, it's not hyperbole.
- We are a true platform. With 0 content creators, we've built a platform that has over 100 million content pieces covering almost every imaginable topic. Intuitive and delightful design is what makes this possible.
- While we do expect you to work hard at Quizizz, we also respect your personal time. Put in your 8 hours of work, and enjoy the rest of your day. Simple.
- At our core, we are building a product that motivates students to learn and empowers teachers with great instructional tools. It's a nice feeling, just saying.
You will thrive in this role if you...
- Have 2-4 years of proven track record of shipping high-quality web and mobile experiences.
- Have a strong sense of design principles, typography, layout, and conceptual skills. As a creative problem solver, you know how to convey action, movement, and emotion through type, shape, color, and motion.
- Can drive a high level of visual fidelity across products.
- Can strive to ship projects fast, and adapt designs based on user feedback, rather than trying to be omniscient. Sometimes you won’t get some things right, and we're OK with that.
- Can manage projects autonomously and serve as a design expert with a cross-functional team.
- Can effectively organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization.
- Healthy work-life balance.
- Flexible leave policy. Take time off when you need it.
- Comprehensive health coverage of Rs. 6 lakhs, covering the employee and their parents, spouse and children. Pre-existing conditions are covered from day 1, and also benefits like free doctor consultations and more.
- Relocation support including travel and accommodation, and we'll also pay for a broker to find your home in Bangalore!
- Rs. 20,000 annual health and wellness allowance.
- Professional development support. We will reimburse you for relevant courses and books that you need to become a better professional.
- Delicious Meals including breakfast and lunch served at office, and a fully-stocked pantry for all your snacking needs.
- Prepare design plan, concept, and layout for motion graphic project.
- Create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables (corporate videos, Product video, eLearning, websites, marketing demos, etc.)
- Work with content, design teams to understand project scope and objectives
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc. for graphic design.
- Work with editors, producers, content writers and designers to resolve technical or design issues.
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines, and design standards.
“I DESIGN MY LIFE” is an Online Business Consulting/ Coaching Company headed by renowned Business Coach – Sumit Agarwal. We provide online consulting and trainings to Business Owners of SMEs, MSMEs across India.
You can find more about us here:
POSITION: Visual Designer / Video Editor
LOCATION: Full time(permanent) work from home opportunity
This is a hands-on position. The role will have the following aspects:
- Editing video, color correction, motion graphics, controlling the end-to-end process
- Ensure quality compliance
- Establishing procedures and post-production workflows under Manager’s supervision
- Ensure visual consistency across multiple projects.
- Need to identify improvement opportunities within the workflow and act upon reducing waste and improve quality of the product videos.
- Performs video editing for digitally recorded video on YouTube by using Adobe Premiere
- Performs motion graphics for creating Product summary videos
- Performs other tasks like graphic design, branding, illustrations etc. as required to support the publication of a high volume of high-quality videos.
- Recognize, facilitate, resolve and drive improvements of existing tools
- Be a creative problem solver
- Be able to maintain a positive attitude within a fast-paced environment
- Research, discover and implement new tools, technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency
- Bachelors degree in any discipline is required
- 2+ years of professional experience creating product videos / motion graphics under fast turnarounds
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Mocha, Photoshop, Color Grading, Animation Softwares like Flash / After Effect
- Skill sets required: Motion Tracking, Keying, Rotoscopy, Match moving, Color Correction, Typography
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Good communication and presentation skills, verbal and written, in both individual and group situations for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development
- Demo/show reel is must
- Degree in a Broadcast, Animation, Design, Media or Artistic related field
- Streamlining video post-production workflows for high output
- Computer technology experience with ability to administrate editing systems
- Understanding of the video production process, equipment, technology and roles
- Ability to ensure quality control and consistency on projects
Someone with hands-on experience with Story Boarding, typography, Color, Vector illustration, Social Media Ads, carousels ,Image selection.
Other Design Skills, Layout Skills, Illustrations, Infographics, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools.
Strong liaison skills to deliver assignments in time.
Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (Illustrator, In Design, Corel Draw, Photoshop etc.)
Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
Proven graphic design skills, Backed by a strong portfolio.
• Edit videos, add music, subtitles, and create thumbnails
• Create transitions, titles, graphics, and other supporting materials for the video
• Create graphics on Canva/Photoshop for Instagram & FB posting
• Conceptualize and present ideas as per the brief
• Contribute to the conceptualization of projects, and come up with ideas, and contribute to the scripting process
• Edit content in collaboration with the content team
- Bachelor/Diploma in Fine Arts or Multimedia Institution.
- Experience of 6+ years as Sr. Visualizer or Art Director in Creative/Ad Agency or Design Firm
- Hands-on experience in CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Able to understand the brief of the client & transform them into tangible designs.
- Visual thinker & Ideator, who can come up with concepts and ideas in a very creative and innovative manner.
- Experience in Print & Digital media
- Passed Commercial Art from a reputed institute
- Comfortable on both Windows and Mac.
• Based on the wireframes and project concept, create UI of screens to be used in mobile and web.
• Understand the UX and implement or enhance the screens accordingly.
• Work closely with the team in an agile mode to properly draft the requirements in the screen or mock-ups generated.
• Create newsletters, templates and graphics as and when required.
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphics tools
• Relevant experience in terms of designing screens for mobile and web apps
Website - https://praxinfo.com/
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll collaborate in perfect synergy with other designers and product managers on India’s top community safety app, and design in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll understand the user experience strategy for a productand drive the overall design solutions based on usability, consistency, business goals, time to market and customer experience.
- You’ll create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- You’ll apply user-focused design processes to create high quality user experiences on our app.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- You’ll bring an in-depth understanding of design patterns across web and mobile platforms.
- You’ll bring critical experience and skills in visual design, UX design, research, micro-interactions
- You’ll bring a demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will drive progress.
- An expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, Pixate, Framer or other visual design and wire-framing tools.
Interview Process & Prep Notes:
Design Approach, Experience, Project overview. Be ready to deep dive and effectively articulate your experience in the UX Field by showing us your portfolio, showcasing past experience, sharing your understanding of design approach, design thinking and your wizardry with tools, processes or unique skill-sets.
Solution Approach, Task Flows, Mind Maps, Prototyping, Visual skills. The moment is finally here where you walk the talk and demonstrate your ability in UX Designing by acing a short challenging assignment shared by our designers.
Behavioural Assessment, Culture Fit, Project Knowledge, Role OperationBe yourself. It works out better for everyone if we are genuine and can see if we are a cultural fit for each other.
Everyone here is focused on our mission and hope we can align.