- Participate in full machine learning Lifecycle including data collection, cleaning, preprocessing to training models, and deploying them to Production.
- Discover data sources, get access to them, ingest them, clean them up, and make them “machine learning ready”.
- Work with data scientists to create and refine features from the underlying data and build pipelines to train and deploy models.
- Partner with data scientists to understand and implement machine learning algorithms.
- Support A/B tests, gather data, perform analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of your models.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and product engineers, and communicate results to peers and leaders.
- Mentor junior team members
Who we have in mind:
- Graduate in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering with 2+ years of direct experience in the machine learning field.
- Proficiency with SQL, Python, Spark, and basic libraries such as Scikit-learn, NumPy, Pandas.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras
- Experience with Computer Vision (OpenCV), NLP frameworks (NLTK, SpaCY, BERT).
- Basic knowledge of machine learning techniques (i.e. classification, regression, and clustering).
- Understand machine learning principles (training, validation, etc.)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of data query and data processing tools (i.e. SQL)
- Software engineering fundamentals: version control systems (i.e. Git, Github) and workflows, and ability to write production-ready code.
- Experience deploying highly scalable software supporting millions or more users
- Experience building applications on cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Experience working in scrum teams with Agile tools like JIRA
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex concepts and technical material to non-technical users
- 3+ years of industry experience in administering (including setting up, managing, monitoring) data processing pipelines (both streaming and batch) using frameworks such as Kafka, ELK Stack, Fluentd and streaming databases like druid
- Strong industry expertise with containerization technologies including kubernetes, docker-compose
- 2+ years of industry in experience in developing scalable data ingestion processes and ETLs
- Experience with cloud platform services such as AWS, Azure or GCP especially with EKS, Managed Kafka
- Experience with scripting languages. Python experience highly desirable.
- 2+ Industry experience in python
- Experience with popular modern web frameworks such as Spring boot, Play framework, or Django
- Demonstrated expertise of building cloud native applications
- Experience in administering (including setting up, managing, monitoring) data processing pipelines (both streaming and batch) using frameworks such as Kafka, ELK Stack, Fluentd
- Experience in API development using Swagger
- Strong expertise with containerization technologies including kubernetes, docker-compose
- Experience with cloud platform services such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration, Jenkins
- Design and Implement Large scale data processing pipelines using Kafka, Fluentd and Druid
- Assist in dev ops operations
- Develop data ingestion processes and ETLs
- Design and Implement APIs
- Assist in dev ops operations
- Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and documentation
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding various aspects of solution.
- Mentor team members on best practices
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As a Data Science Core Developer you will build tools and develop technology that deliver data science products to a team of strategists, marketing experts and game developers.
What you will be doing
- Create analytical tools, from simple scripts to full stack applications.
- Develop successful prototype tools into highly tested automated programs
- Work with the marketing, publishing and development teams to understand the problems they are facing, how to solve them and deliver products that are understandable to non-data scientists
- Solve challenging data management and data flow problems to fuel Kwalee’s analysis
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- A proven track record of writing high quality program code in Python
- Experience with machine learning python frameworks and libraries such as Tensorflow and Scikit-Learn
- The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks
- Knowledge of NoSQL and SQL databases like Couchbase, Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL will be helpful but not necessary
- An avid interest in the development, marketing and monetisation of mobile games
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Who Are We?
Vahak (https://www.vahak.in) is India’s largest & most trusted online transport marketplace & directory for road transport businesses and individual commercial vehicle (Trucks, Trailers, Containers, Hyva, LCVs) owners for online truck and load booking, transport business branding and transport business network expansion. Lorry owners can find intercity and intracity loads from all over India and connect with other businesses to find trusted transporters and best deals in the Indian logistics services market. With the Vahak app, users can book loads and lorries from a live transport marketplace with over 5 Lakh + Transporters and Lorry owners in over 10,000+ locations for daily transport requirements.
Vahak has raised a capital of $5+ Million in a Pre-Series A round from RTP Global along with participation from Luxor Capital and Leo Capital. The other marquee angel investors include Kunal Shah, Founder and CEO, CRED; Jitendra Gupta, Founder and CEO, Jupiter; Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal, Co-founders, Meesho; Mohd Farid, Co-founder, Sharechat; Amrish Rau, CEO, Pine Labs; Harsimarbir Singh, Co-founder, Pristyn Care; Rohit and Kunal Bahl, Co-founders, Snapdeal; and Ravish Naresh, Co-founder and CEO, Khatabook.
We at Vahak, are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Data Scientist to join our young & diverse team.You will play a key role in the data science group, crunching numbers, building advanced analytical models and predicting critical business metrics from the volumes of big data.
Our goal as a group is to drive powerful, big data analytics products with scalable results.We love people who are humble and collaborative with hunger for excellence.
- Be the go-to person for all advanced analytics (ML/AI) use cases within the larger data science group
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to solve business problems by leveraging both batch and real-time datasets
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams in the data collection and deployment phase of the model building process
- Present the model findings using a crisp presentation and use of data visualization techniques
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in a highly numerate discipline such as Engineering, Science and Economics
- 2+ years of proven experience working as a Data Scientist preferably in ecommerce/web based or consumer technologies company
- Hands on experience in building machine learning models from scratch and deploying the same for large scale use cases
- Hands on experience of working with machine learning frameworks,libraries, data structures and data modelling techniques
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Demonstrated experience of participating in Data Science competitions on platforms like Kaggle would be an added advantage
- Experience using business intelligence tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI would be an added advantage (not mandatory)
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collaborate with product management and engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use and project design
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math or equivalent fields with strong mathematical background
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, including clustering, anomaly detection, optimization, neural network etc
- 3+ years experiences building data science-driven solutions including data collection, feature selection, model training, post-deployment validation
- Strong hands-on coding skills (preferably in Python) processing large-scale data set and developing machine learning models
- Familiar with one or more machine learning or statistical modeling tools such as Numpy, ScikitLearn, MLlib, Tensorflow
- Good team worker with excellent communication skills written, verbal and presentation
- Experience with AWS, S3, Flink, Spark, Kafka, Elastic Search
- Knowledge and experience with NLP technology
- Previous work in a start-up environment
- 6+ years of recent hands-on Java development
- Developing data pipelines in AWS or Google Cloud
- Great understanding of designing for performance, scalability, and reliability of data intensive application
- Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Pig. Understanding of database fundamentals and advanced SQL knowledge.
- In-depth understanding of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and in writing
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Experience in Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Perform research and development on Machine Learning specifically in the areas of Speech Recognition, Digital signal processing, audio signal processing, NaturalLanguage processing, Natural Language Understanding
- Read and keep up with the research in Speech recognition, Machine Learning, Deep
- Understand and implement research papers to the business problem and build the
- Contribute to applied research and open source community
- Mentor and guide team members
empower healthcare payers, providers and members to quickly process medical data to
make informed decisions and reduce health care costs. You will be focusing on research,
development, strategy, operations, people management, and being a thought leader for
team members based out of India. You should have professional healthcare experience
using both structured and unstructured data to build applications. These applications
include but are not limited to machine learning, artificial intelligence, optical character
recognition, natural language processing, and integrating processes into the overall AI
pipeline to mine healthcare and medical information with high recall and other relevant
metrics. The results will be used dually for real-time operational processes with both
automated and human-based decision making as well as contribute to reducing
healthcare administrative costs. We work with all major cloud and big data vendors
offerings including (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc.) to achieve our goals in healthcare and
The Director, Data Science will have the opportunity to build a team, shape team culture
and operating norms as a result of the fast-paced nature of a new, high-growth
• Strong communication and presentation skills to convey progress to a diverse group of stakeholders
• Strong expertise in data science, data engineering, software engineering, cloud vendors, big data technologies, real-time streaming applications, DevOps and product delivery
• Experience building stakeholder trust and confidence in deployed models especially via application of the algorithmic bias, interpretable machine learning,
data integrity, data quality, reproducible research and reliable engineering 24x7x365 product availability, scalability
• Expertise in healthcare privacy, federated learning, continuous integration and deployment, DevOps support
• Provide mentoring to data scientists and machine learning engineers as well as career development
• Meet project related team members for individual specific needs on a regular basis related to project/product deliverables
• Provide training and guidance for team members when required
• Provide performance feedback when required by leadership
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
• MS/M.Tech degree or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related STEM fields
• Significant healthcare data experience including but not limited to usage of claims data
• Delivered multiple data science and machine learning projects over 8+ years with values exceeding $10 Million or more and has worked on platform members exceeding 10 million lives
• 9+ years of industry experience in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
• Strong expertise in data science, data engineering, software engineering, cloud vendors, big data technologies, real time streaming applications, DevOps, and product delivery
• Knows how to solve and launch real artificial intelligence and data science related problems and products along with managing and coordinating the
business process change, IT / cloud operations, meeting production level code standards
• Ownerships of key workflows part of data science life cycle like data acquisition, data quality, and results
• Experience building stakeholder trust and confidence in deployed models especially via application of algorithmic bias, interpretable machine learning,
data integrity, data quality, reproducible research, and reliable engineering 24x7x365 product availability, scalability
• Expertise in healthcare privacy, federated learning, continuous integration and deployment, DevOps support
• 3+ Years of experience managing directly five (5) or more senior level data scientists, machine learning engineers with advanced degrees and directly
made staff decisions
• Very strong understanding of mathematical concepts including but not limited to linear algebra, advanced calculus, partial differential equations, and
statistics including Bayesian approaches at master’s degree level and above
• 6+ years of programming experience in C++ or Java or Scala and data science programming languages like Python and R including strong understanding of
concepts like data structures, algorithms, compression techniques, high performance computing, distributed computing, and various computer architecture
• Very strong understanding and experience with traditional data science approaches like sampling techniques, feature engineering, classification, and
regressions, SVM, trees, model evaluations with several projects over 3+ years
• Very strong understanding and experience in Natural Language Processing,
reasoning, and understanding, information retrieval, text mining, search, with
3+ years of hands on experience
• Experience with developing and deploying several products in production with
experience in two or more of the following languages (Python, C++, Java, Scala)
• Strong Unix/Linux background and experience with at least one of the
following cloud vendors like AWS, Azure, and Google
• Three plus (3+) years hands on experience with MapR \ Cloudera \ Databricks
Big Data platform with Spark, Hive, Kafka etc.
• Three plus (3+) years of experience with high-performance computing like
Dask, CUDA distributed GPU, TPU etc.
• Presented at major conferences and/or published materials
The Architect, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence including Computer Vision will grow and lead a team of talented Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision (CV) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) researchers and engineers to develop innovative machine learning algorithms, scalable ML system, and AI applications for Racetrack. This role will be focused on developing and deploying personalization and recommender system, search, experimentation, audience, and content AI solutions to drive user experience and growth.
- Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning and deep learning algorithms, statistical and quantitative modelling approaches to support product, engineering, content, and marketing initiatives.
- Build and lead a world-class team of ML and AI scientists and engineers.
- Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team in latest machine learning and deep learning approaches, and to introduce new technologies and processes. Single headedly manage the MVP and PoCs
- Work with ML engineers to design solution architecture and develop scalable machine learning system to accelerate learning cycle.
- Identify data science opportunities that deliver business value.
- Develop ML/AI/CV roadmap and educate both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to drive implementation and measurement.
- Hands on experience in Image processing for auto industry
- BFSI domain knowledge is a plus
- Provide thought leadership to enable ML/AI applications.
- Manage products priorities and ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, deploying, and monitoring ML/AI products.
- Prepare and present ML modelling results and analytical insights that help drive the business to senior leadership.
- 8 + years of work experience in Machine Learning, AI and Data Science with a proven track record to drive innovation and business impacts
- 4 + years of managing a team of data scientists, ML and AI researchers and engineers
- Strong machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modelling expertise, such as causal inference modelling, ensembles, neural networks, reinforcement learning, NLP, and computer vision
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, Snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
- Proficiency in machine learning and deep learning languages and platforms (Python, R, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
- Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms and advanced modelling solutions
- Experience in developing advanced analytics and ML infrastructure and system
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analysis and algorithms to non-technical audience
- Works effectively cross functional teams to build trusted partnership
- Working experience in digital media and entertainment industry preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred
- Research and test novel machine learning approaches for analysing large-scale distributed computing applications.
- Develop production-ready implementations of proposed solutions across different models AI and ML algorithms, including testing on live customer data to improve accuracy, efficacy, and robustness
- Work closely with other functional teams to integrate implemented systems into the SaaS platform
- Suggest innovative and creative concepts and ideas that would improve the overall platform
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- 5 + years experience in practical implementation and deployment of large customer-facing ML based systems.
- MS or M Tech (preferred) in applied mathematics/statistics; CS or Engineering disciplines are acceptable but must have with strong quantitative and applied mathematical skills
- In-depth working, beyond coursework, familiarity with classical and current ML techniques, both supervised and unsupervised learning techniques and algorithms
- Implementation experiences and deep knowledge of Classification, Time Series Analysis, Pattern Recognition, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning, Dynamic Programming and Optimization
- Experience in working on modeling graph structures related to spatiotemporal systems
- Programming skills in Python is a must
- Experience in developing and deploying on cloud (AWS or Google or Azure)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with well-known ML frameworks such as Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow
Most importantly, you should be someone who is passionate about building new and innovative products that solve tough real-world problems.
• Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as SVM, Decision Forests, k-NN, Naive Bayes etc.
• Experience in selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
• Prior experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc..
• Good knowledge on statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc..
• Adequate presentation and communication skills to explain results and methodologies to non-technical stakeholders.
• Basic understanding of the banking industry is value add
Develop, process, cleanse and enhance data collection procedures from multiple data sources.
• Conduct & deliver experiments and proof of concepts to validate business ideas and potential value.
• Test, troubleshoot and enhance the developed models in a distributed environments to improve it's accuracy.
• Work closely with product teams to implement algorithms with Python and/or R.
• Design and implement scalable predictive models, classifiers leveraging machine learning, data regression.
• Facilitate integration with enterprise applications using APIs to enrich implementations