Lead UX Designer
What are we looking for?
Are you passionate about understanding user needs and delighting them with well-integrated and engaging solutions? Do you like solving complex problems creatively and generating high-quality end-to-end online user experiences for mobile devices and computers? Do you care deeply about the user experience of an app? If you answered an emphatic “yes” to these questions, we would love to talk to you. If you think you are exceptionally bright, driven, and your personal situation allows you to burn 60-70 hours/week in building what we are onto then you should consider getting to know us.
Searce is seeking an exceptional and experienced web UX designer with the ability to produce designs that provide solutions. This position requires a passion for applying user-centered design principles to deliver easy, simple, effective, and efficient design solutions to "wow" our users and streamline their work.
To take it further, we are looking for someone with a strong service attitude and a commitment to quality, highly organized professionals who can inspire fellow colleagues.
- Represent the "User Experience,” translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the engineering team to develop the right product
- Significantly influence product strategy and direction
- Develop and maintain design mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, and other design documents
- Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team
- Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles that result in improved user productivity
- To be a part in delivering innovative and ingenious digital marketing plans, ideate concepts and content for web, mobile and social media to generate interest in Searce’s products, brands, and services.
- Assess data from multiple sources, synthesize it, and develop strategies for the projects
- Collaborate with other designers, user researchers, program managers, engineering teams, and business stakeholders to prioritize UX activities throughout the software development life-cycle and deliver high-quality experiences in time
- Understand and incorporate technical, business, and user requirements into designs
- Create innovative and appealing designs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, through sketches, storyboards, user task flows, wireframes, prototypes, and the production of final assets for specific features and projects
Is Education overrated? Yes. We believe so. But there is no way to locate you otherwise. So we might look for at least a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Computer Science).
- Or else, you should be programming from 12. For us, the latter is better as it shows you have a programming mindset. We will find you faster if you specify the latter in some manner. :)
- 5-10 years experience in applied UX design
- Experience in user experience web design work
- Graduate degree (BE, BCA, MCA, MS/ME) or equivalent certificates in the design-related fields including interaction design, industrial design, graphic design, or another related field.
- Strong communication and presentation skills necessary to effectively present, explain, negotiate, and monitor design solutions.
- Have a great track record in creating highly functional, user-focused, complete, and desirable experiences & designs
- Partner with user researchers to drive research to ﬁnd user needs
- Work as a project lead and manage all design activities including coordination of visual design and UI front end.
- Be an effective evangelist for UX best practices and user-centered design
- Be able to lead teams through the design process and partner effectively within cross-functional teams
- Work in sync with the backend development people to ensure that the finalized design materializes into a usable and functional product
- Create interaction design wireframe based on business and user insights.
- Be innovative, enthusiastic, flexible, and creative
- Have the ability to work on digital marketing strategies, define workflows, write concepts and content to generate interest in Searce’s products, brands, and services.
- Have the ability to think strategically, act tactically, and solve problems quickly
- Demonstrate excellent project management and scheduling skills
- Be able to drive cross-team collaboration efforts
- Be able to work independently to establish trusted relationships with partners
A design portfolio demonstrating the breadth and proven experience in product & services marketing communication, workflow & interaction design, visual design work, and a thorough understanding of a good design process is required.
What is ‘Searce’
Searce means ‘a fine sieve’ & indicates ‘to refine, to analyze, to improve’. It signifies our way of working: To improve to the finest degree of excellence, ‘solving for better every time. Searcians are passionate improvers & solvers who love to question the status quo.
The primary purpose of all of us, at Searce, is driving intelligent, impactful & futuristic business outcomes using new-age technology. This purpose is driven passionately by HAPPIER people who aim to become better, every day.
What we do
Searce is a modern tech consulting firm that empowers clients to futurify their businesses, leveraging Cloud, AI & Analytics.
- We are a category-defining niche’ cloud-native technology consulting company, specializing in modernizing (improve, automate & transform) the full scope of infra, app, process & work.
- We partner with clients in their ‘beyond x’ journey to drive intelligent, impactful & futuristic business outcomes.
- We are the most preferred tech partner of choice when it comes to ‘solving for better for the new-age tech startups & digital enterprises, leading disruption in their industries.
- Our Service Offerings: We offer Advanced Cloud, Data & App Modernization, Cloud Consulting, Management & Improvement (DevOps, SysOps & Cloud Managed Services), Applied AI & Analytics services.
- As one of the top 5 niches’ full-scope global partners for Google Cloud & a preferred partner for AWS, we are the most preferred ‘engineering-led tech company of choice when it comes to solving complex business problems.
Who we are
We are passionate improvers, solvers & futurists. Driven by our engineering excellence mindset, we care most about delivering intelligent, impactful & futuristic business outcomes. Searcians are motivated by continuous improvement & solving for better in everything we do.
At the core, a Searcian is self-driven to become better, every day. In the passionate pursuit of the finest degree of excellence, we drive exceptional outcomes in everything we do.
We believe that trust is the most important value. We also believe that we need to ‘earn the trust’, every time one engages with us. And earning trust for us is far more important than anything else. We aim to be the *most trusted* tech consulting partner for our clients.
We are HAPPIER at heart. Humble, Adaptable, Positive, Passionate, Innovative, Excellence focused, & Responsible. We live the HAPPIER Culture Code.
How we work
- Customers. Partners. Our aim is to build relationships with customers for life. And meaningfully improve the life of every customer.
- We do what we say. We say what we do. We are uncomfortably honest and transparent. Being genuine wins trust & makes people happier.
- Mistakes are encouraged. We make mistakes. Tons of those. Everyday. And we don’t mind apologizing to our juniors, peers or superiors. We are no ego-doers.
- Underpromise. Overdeliver. We work with a deep desire to go above and beyond in everything we do. Every time.
So, If you are passionate about tech, the future & what you read above (we really are!), apply here to experience the ‘Art of Possible’
About Searce Inc
Searce is a cloud, automation & analytics led process improvement company helping futurify businesses. Searce is a premier partner for Google Cloud for all products and services. Searce is the largest Cloud Systems Integrator for enterprises with the largest # of enterprise Google Cloud clients in India.
Searce specializes in helping businesses move to cloud, build on the next generation cloud, adopt SaaS - Helping reimagine the ‘why’ & redefining ‘what’s next’ for workflows, automation, machine learning & related futuristic use cases. Searce has been recognized by Google as one of the Top partners for the year 2015, 2016.
Searce's organizational culture encourages making mistakes and questioning the status quo and that allows us to specialize in simplifying complex business processes and use a technology agnostic approach to create, improve and deliver.
Summary of Role
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges. We are looking for Advanced User Exp Designer with strong capabilities to design and own the product experience. The designer would be responsible for end to end interaction and visual design.
- Own the design execution while working closely with key stakeholders in design, engineering and business stakeholders to solve user needs and business goals
- Demonstrate mastery of the end-end UX process, including user research for discovery and product definition, and multiple methods of formal and informal user evaluations
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
- Prioritize backlog effectively; communicate clear timelines and status updates at all levels
- Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
- Conduct research and evaluation of designs, as well as emerging technology, industry, and market trends
Must Have Background for this Role:
- Bachelor's degree preferably from tier 1/ tier 2 design school.
- Outstanding user experience design portfolio
- Bachelors degree in human factors, psychology, user experience design or related degree
- Some experience in user experience design, interaction design or human factors
- Proficient user experience design skills, e.g., customer journey map, experience diagramming, task analysis, workflow design, etc.
- Experience with observational research and usability testing
- Graduate degree in user experience design, human factors, interaction design or related discipline.
- Fluent with design sketching and prototyping tools, e.g., Axure, Balsamiq, Visio, etc.
- Experience with design trends, benchmarking, forecasting and concept creation
- Experience with project planning, scoping and execution in a phase-gate and/or agile environment
Required Skills for this Role:
- Has 5+ years of experience (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual, product, industrial), User Experience, HCI, or a related field
- Must have strong background in interaction/UX design and continue to be hands-on as an interaction designer
- Conducts user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
- Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
- Has real-world experience in managing projects & stakeholders
- Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, Sketch) and visual communication
Vakilsearch is India's largest online legal, tax and compliance provider. Vakilsearch, through its products and end-to-end workflow automation journey has revolutionized how Start-ups/ Small & Medium Enterprises register, seamlessly run and comply with Government regulations. On our mission to provide one-click access to individuals and businesses for all their legal and professional needs, we have helped over 4 Lac start-ups/ small and medium enterprises to date.
For more: vakilsearch.com
We are looking at extremely talented programmers/ problem solvers to join us in disrupting the legal/ tax and compliance product space.
Roles and Responsibilities
Education: A suitable candidate will have a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Engineering, Design, or any other related field. An equivalent in professional working experience in these fields is also acceptable.
Experience: The candidate will also need to have gathered at least 10 years of working experience as an executive in a product industry, spearheading consumer engagement and consumer experience. He will also need to have a proven and successful working experience in information architecture, consumer experience design, interaction design, or a similar role for at least 3 years in his 10 years experience.
Additionally a suitable candidate will have experience in managing and leading a UX team, playing a senior role either as a Visual designer, Interaction Designer, or UX Researcher. The Head of UX will also have a proven and successful record of having delivered a product project, from the design stage all the way through to its launch.
Communication Skills: The position involves a large amount of interaction with the Director of UX, stakeholders, junior UX personnel, and most importantly consumers. For this reason, excellent communication skills in regard to being able to communicate complex concepts clearly, interactively, and persuasively to all of these audiences is an absolute necessity. In addition, in a position of leadership, the performance of junior functions will be highly dependent on the clarity of communication imparted on them. Therefore, the Head of UX, for effective and successful performance of his supervisory duties, has to possess impeccable communication skills.
Software: The position will involve regular and constant presentations to all collaborating product personnel, junior UX personnel, senior UX personnel, and stakeholders. These presentations should not only be verbally engaging but also visually engaging. As such, the Head of UX must show high proficiency in the use of various tools for example, Visio, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator.
Leadership Skills: This is an obvious requirement for the position of Head of UX. A suitable candidate will need to have an ability to drive a team through complex projects in large business settings and disciplines. In addition to this, he will demonstrate superior Analytical Skills; junior UX personnel will constantly forward product analyses and research findings to the Head of UX for approval. Because of this, the Head UX will need to possess exceptional analytical skills enabling him to analyze, make recommendations, and even perform analyses of his own on the research findings.
Interpersonal and People Skills: Being an extremely interactive role, the Head of UX will need to possess skills that transcend beyond great communication. A Head of UX needs to have both interpersonal and people skills that facilitate smooth interactions between himself and all the parties he will interact with as well as enable the smooth performance of tasks in cross-functional settings. These skills will also ensure that he earns the trust and respect of the UX department who will readily follow his directives and, hence, allow for an organic flow and performance of duties in the department.
- Study design briefs and determine requirements
- Schedule projects and define budget constraints
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Use the appropriate colors and layouts for each graphic
- Work with team and manager to produce final design
- Test graphics across various media
- Amend designs after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Proven graphic designing experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus